It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen

>It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen
What does this quote mean? How accurate do you think it is?

Attached: 5000000001194.jpg (990x1000, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k9FWzFnp8D8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Baudrillard#Simulacra_and_Simulation
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm not sure exactly. Perhaps Kubrick is trying to say that film seems more real than reality somehow. Sort of like how people say some CGI looks "realer than real life".

he's refering to the time he faked the moon landing.

Attached: 1554242003050.jpg (1024x1024, 261K)

I've read this quote from Andy Warhol - maybe it's a similar idea?
>Warhol had this to say about the attack: "Before I was shot, I always thought that I was more half-there than all-there—I always suspected that I was watching TV instead of living life. People sometimes say that the way things happen in movies is unreal, but actually it's the way things happen in life that's unreal. The movies make emotions look so strong and real, whereas when things really do happen to you, it's like watching television—you don't feel anything. Right when I was being shot and ever since, I knew that I was watching television. The channels switch, but it's all television."

Google Baudrillard you fucking infant

It means Alex felt nothing when raping and killing but seeing it in a movie it actually felt real to him (he also was already drugged at that point)

but it wasnt exactly "fake". The images shown of the apollo mission were actually filmed on the moon, but not by the astronauts. Kubrick filmed it himself.

I can relate to this. I remember when I got in my first car accident the first thing I thought was "that's it?". Fiction really does shape how you perceive reality.

"viddy" means see

>soulless homosexual projects own emptiness onto society

kubrick's full of shit. who the fuck wears a bright purple topcoat irl? the scene is kino but it doesn't reflect reality in any way shape or form.
youtube.com/watch?v=k9FWzFnp8D8

This is a good thread. You should all be proud of yourselves.

He is saying he feels disassociated from things happening in real life as opposed to a screen.

Warhol was a heck and burns in hell for what he did to the world.

>I thought was "that's it?"
Has this changed how you think or act?

thanks honey ;)

Are you serious?

just think about it my man

Attached: 457AEB2B-2901-407E-9C86-EE41A9B24FAA.jpg (321x381, 34K)

He has a dick drawing on the moon, that's more than you'll ever do.

aaaaawwww

that sometimes webums look more real-life than real-life does

Enlighten us

Warhol was actually Catholic. Make of that what you will

It's possible. Maybe I expect less from reality

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Baudrillard#Simulacra_and_Simulation
Read books

quite. those colors seem natural to you? have you ever walked into a starbucks and seen a guy in a bright purple topcoat with white vinyl lapels, cuffs and pockets carrying a magicians cane? that scene is fantastically unrealistic.

>talks shit about their record players and tells them to come with him
what an absolute Chad

The movie isn't supposed to be realistic.

I refer you to op: >It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen

It is realistic, it's set in an alternate future. What is stupid, it's like saying "who the fuck wears baseball hats with the sticker still on them"

>It is realistic
lel

What parts are unrealistic?

You guys are falling for the troll that lives his life on Yea Forums and only wants (you)s

Attached: GVprult.jpg (500x632, 50K)

STOP IT
DIS AINT FUNNY ANYMORE

I just explained, in painful detail, what's unrealistic about that scene. Stop being such a phoneposter.

Yeah and I told you that it's set in an alternate future where gangs wear bowler hats and codpieces