I don't get it. Whats the message here? What was the point of this movie?

I don't get it. Whats the message here? What was the point of this movie?

Attached: 71qO6-0xB-L._SY445_.jpg (315x445, 38K)

There's no message. It's a fun story about the paranoia in an intelligence environment cause by a clusterfuck of coincidences.

Attached: the_russians.jpg (852x480, 75K)

I don't KNOW because I don't spend ALL DAY MEMORIZING THE PLOTS TO MOVIES FROM THE YEAR TWO THOUSAND AND FUCKING EIGHT MORON!

Everybody thinks they are more important than they really are

Osbourne Cox?

Attached: 1540915277461.png (295x343, 218K)

>I'm not here representing Hard Bodies

it's about how the disagreements of human beings are absurd and insignificant. hence the zoom in and out from space that start and end the movie, and the focus on intelligence types taking themselves too seriously.

>tfw he thinks it's a Schwinn

The message is reality is confusing clusterfuck of complex systems yet we all pretend like have a handle on the "bigger picture".

I think it’s about chaos and non omniscient third party observers

>message
>point

Attached: b90.png (645x729, 127K)

fuck he does look like benecio del toro

literally one of Pitt's best roles

that fucking squint and his voice during it

what a fucking movie

>Whats the message here?
Many Cohen brothers movies don't really have a pretty message at the end. Which can be good, lots of shit happens that doesn't symbolize a bigger, enlightened truth, it just happens.

>the moral of the story wasn’t spoonfed to me so there must not be one!!
you got C’s on a lot of book reports in high school, didn’t you?

It's a very good example of s.oy comedy.

>watching for the moral
What are you 5? Go read Goldilocks and the Three Bears, instead.

based passionless zoomer! have an upboat

Inside Llewyn Davis is the worst.

in order to get the movie you have to know that the song Bob plays at the end is a cover... even though it's credited to Bob Dylan. otherwise it's a movie about how Llewyn is a complete loser.

>everything I don't like or understand is s.oy

i dont know but it was painfully unfunny

That makes no God damned sense.

do you want me to explain?

>If I read into it hard enough I can show them how much smarter I am!

Yes, I don't see how the movie loses any meaning or artistic merit based on knowledge of the Bob Dylan song at the end.

Attached: burn-after-reading_55006629-1280x688.jpg (1280x688, 285K)

This movie wasn’t fucking funny. I’ve made the exact same thread after I watched it and all the replies were “ITS ALL ABOUT THE TONE BRO” and “ITS JUST ABOUT THE RIDICULOUSNESS OF IT ALL BRO JUST TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN”.

Congratulations, this movie will most certainly make it into the “so-y comedy” shitpost right next to some open mouthed retard letting someone else fuck his wife.

One part of it was that the cold war was over and these people were idiots who thought they were in some spy novel.

But in real life shit got a lot more stupid

Attached: D3VxbAfW4AAw7WL.jpg (1536x2048, 485K)

it gains meaning.

the song is farewell, but it's really a folk song called The Leaving of Liverpool with the lyrics changed. there was no credited writer of the music so Bob gets sole credit.

Llewyn spends the whole movie playing old folk covers and looking like an out-of-touch asshole. if you think Farewell is a Bob Dylan song it makes him look like more of an asshole because no one really remembers that Bob Dylan started out doing covers.

but the point of the movie is that Llewyn actually has more integrity than any of the other characters, and Bob Dylan coming on and playing a cover with similar lyrics to the one he played (Dink's song) is confirming that his career has a future.

Attached: YYZd.gif (245x180, 849K)

Its really just shows the absurdity of DC and the government. It has everything the snobby blue blood dc analyst with a bitchy socialite wife, the idiot federal agent with a gun, and then the normal people who are retards who have to live around these government psychopaths. It also shows the people with actual power are really just observing all the shit happening. The best scene is the part with the staffer who just keeping repeating "I'm on the legislative side." This is how the government actually operates.

Attached: doj.png (967x718, 130K)

That all these people need to get over themselves and stop deluding themselves into thinking they are important players in a saga of international intrigue. John Malkovich thinks his outdated common knowledge makes him important, Brad Pitt and Frances McDormand think that reading Malkovich's draft makes them spies, and George Clooney thinks he's being spied on and ultimately flees the country because he couldn't find any ID on Brad Pitt after he shot him. The moral of the story is that people are idiots and will ruin their lives if it briefly makes them feel important along the way.

seriously one of the most angering deaths in cinema good gag though

It’s not about government. Government is just the observer in the movie. In Fargo it’s the female cop.

Its about the actual implementation of government. How unconnected the higher ups are to the actual people they are governing.

Nuh

it's about the absurdity of it all. honk honk.

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg (700x700, 90K)

I fucking lost it when it happened. I laughed so hard I almost woke up the kids I was babysitting for that night.

>Llewyn has more integrity than any of the other characters
Yikes. You really sounded convincing for a second there.

Point. Is we romanticize the CIA and the government as being all knowing, conspiratorial, and nefarious. When really its full of joes like you and me who work 9-5 make dumbass mistakes and work tirelessly to make sure a already chaotic and unorganized world doesnt fall further to shit, while taking the blame for shit they wish they could have thought of.

People really have no clue how much of a clusterfuck most governments are. Its amazing we havent been nuclear holocausted

Attached: 250px-The_Pentagon_Wars.jpg (250x356, 30K)