Pearl Harbor

>December 7th, 1941
>american base at Pearl Harbor is under a surprise attack ny the Japanese
- Danny, what's the hell is this noise? You're doing target practice or somethin'?
- I think World War 2 just started!

American education, everyone

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 6.06.20 PM.png (2536x1234, 2.32M)

well there was a bunch of inconsequential nonsense that happened in the years before but yes, Pearl Harbor is commonly accepted as the beginning of WW2

Please don't feed this bait any more replies after this one.

Attached: johnny.jpg (410x356, 47K)

why is this bait?

WW2 "started" when the Jews planned it after the end of WW1 to stabilize the nation of Israel.

what movie

How can a war between European countries be called the "World War" if US, Japan, aren't involved?

Just like how WW1 wasn't a WW until US, Japan, and irrelevant British territories got involved.

WW2 started in 1939

This. I'm European and even I admit that it transitioned from Yurop Battle #37252847821 to actual WW2 once based USA joined in.

Japan was already at war. So was Canada. It was a world war before the US entered.

The accepted year of the start of ww2 is 1939.

British papers were already referring to the Great War as "World War One" and the new war as "World War Two" as early as the Phony War period of 1939-40

Its not sccepted as such by anyone. Not even uneducated Americans are taught that. Pearl Harbor wasnt even the beginning of the Pacific War. Japan had been at war with China and the British Empire for years.

>directed by Michael Bay

No one was attacking Japan, they had free reign over the Asian sphere while Europeans couldn't protect their colonies due to being involved European wars. Once US came in you now had concurrent wars connected to each other in every single continent but South America, so a World War

Japan initiated total war against China in 1937. That war started in July 1937 and ended in 1945 with the fall of the Japanese empire.

The Japanese invaded China

>Japan was in an Asian war so a world war took place

What don't you understand? US involvement, after Japan brought them in, made it a WORLD war, not a 1 way Japanese invasion of China and European colonies or a European war Every world superpower in a war spanning the entire globe.

Japan and Germany (and Italy) were allies. Germany waged war in Europe and Africa, while Japan waged war in Asia. Canada and Australia entered the war in 1939. That's 5 of 7 continents already engaged before Dec 7, 1941. So US involvement was not necessary to classify it as a world war.

It was global long before US engaged you dumb yankeecentric scum. All continents had at least one nation engaged or at the very least had conflicts on it, including antarctica.

Japanese forces and proxies were constantly under attack and the "irrelevant colonies", as you call them, were supporting Great Britain long before your cancerous nation decided it was no longer be bffs with the Germans. But its ok, I understand your position. You're probably not college educated and learned world history from (((hollywood))) films.

It saddens me that you have to explain something like this to children on the internet. When you have to go to school why not learn something while spending the time there anyways.

US involvement was necessary and made it an actual war across the war instead of a political alliance

Japan wouldn't invade China and European colonies in Asia if European countries weren't distracted by a great war in Europe yet no real war was waged against Japan until US was involved

European nations were only involved with each other in Europe, not a non European superpower.

You're calling a European war with a Japanese invasion of unprotected Asian nations to create their own empire a World War like a fucking idiot, then you same fagged

It was the part of the world that mattered