God this show is so fucking boring that it's unwatchable

God this show is so fucking boring that it's unwatchable.
What do people see in this? Muh greatest episode of all time but the first four episodes are shit.
Game of Thrones is miles better

Attached: p7892930_b_v8_ab.jpg (960x1440, 274K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7yMh0goQ0Z8
google.com/amp/s/news.avclub.com/updated-hbo-finishes-remastering-the-wire-in-hd-but-d-1798274788/amp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they say that it's complex and realistic or something

but really im pretty sure people just like watching le badass gangsters and cops. nobody would care how complex and realistic it was if it was about random office workers

>wahhh there isn’t sex and fighting and I have to pay attention and learn character’s stories

Great show, first couple episodes are rough cause they don’t hold your hand

pleb filter

The Wire thread?
Bodie was easily the best character on the show, he had the most well-written arc
And JD Williams is one hell of an actor
youtube.com/watch?v=7yMh0goQ0Z8

Attached: bodiemcnulty.jpg (940x500, 181K)

This. It does take some getting used to but the comedy and character interactions AND the police work are worth it.

congrats OP you pride yourself in failing the litmus test

Attached: d.jpg (616x421, 41K)

Attached: 1553343530725.png (183x275, 4K)

>badass gangsters and cops
you watched a different show

Don't you understand op. You're supposed to watch until season 4, then it starts getting good.

Attached: 1543726327603.jpg (349x356, 23K)

Watching the blu rays, did they crop the picture or did they do that shit the Friends re-release did where they're showing what was originally filmed before converting it to 4:3?

I just finished season 4 and fuck, I felt exhausted when it was done. In a good way. I found it emotionally draining, and I never thought I’d come to care about a lot of those drug dealers, like bodie but I did

I can't watch this because all black people look the same so I can't keep track of their story lines.

Plus only reddit thinks hood niggers play chess and wax poetic about how it's just like their drug deal murders or whatever. Or that some scene where they force the detectives to only say "fuck" is clever or deep and not cringe. Bad show.

There are certain posts you can read and just skip 5-8 words in, this is one

they actually do play chess, it's a bit of a meme
I agree the show is ridiculous, the worst scene is that fucking court date with Omar being like 'ur a lawyer which is just like killing people, we live ina society'

Used to love it before /pol/ got me. Now I just watch flat earth videos on jootube.

>God this show is so fucking boring that it's unwatchable.

>copypasta tier b8
>backfires and nu gen Z 2019 population of Yea Forums agrees
>normies on Yea Forums have the attention span of a literal toddler so the show is too slow

No one claimed it was complex faggots. All it takes is decent writing and pacing to outclass the decades of garbage on tv. If this whole thread is samefagging bait by 2 anons I applaud you, got me good

Attached: fellowkids.jpg (400x228, 13K)

Dude, if you actually watch the show, they constantly mention how fucking stupid the gangsters are. Freamon has a line about how they couldn't have a very sophisticated code because they are "products of the Baltimore City School System" and he uses the same line again to explain why another gangster is too stupid to know how to use text messaging

Heh yeah -- it's totally the "school systems" why blacks are dumb

The latter, it's what was originally filmed. The 4:3 is impossible to watch by comparison.

As someone who uses to live in Baltimo', it's definitely not helping.

Really? Theres no mistakes where like a set light is in frame or anything?

The schools are bad because of the blacks user. The blacks aren't bad because of the schools.

None that I ever noticed.

... Though I'm only partially right. First 3 seasons were filmed anticipating 16:9, later seasons weren't.

google.com/amp/s/news.avclub.com/updated-hbo-finishes-remastering-the-wire-in-hd-but-d-1798274788/amp

This. The show is borefest.

There are inner city schools in other cities that are more successful. Baltimore's are particularly bad. The city is so fucking corrupt.

The city's corrupt because it's run by blacks user

The wire is trash because it has no subtlety and is poorly constructed and written.

With Sopranos you at least have the symbolism and tonys family life. With the wire it's just nigs gonna nig and glorifying that because they are black.

>glorifying

you can just admit you never watched the show

Attached: 1475964873859.png (424x480, 114K)

They use a copy machine and fool a nigger into thinking it’s a lie detector... you obviously haven’t seen the show

Lol the gansters lives are absolute shit there is not a single one of them who looks like they're having a life worth living. D'angelo sees that even though he has some money and power and he is depressed as shit and dies. I just started my first rewatch and it's even better than I remember because I know half the characters. There are plenty of symbolic scenes and speeches besides the obvious chess one and they are as poignant as the sopranos.

I enjoyed the first season with its detailed look at police procedures. But yeah I like sapranos more

I saw it years before you were even watching TV zoomer.

So tell me what's that lesbian niggers character other than a killer lesbian nigger?

I'll wait.

Attached: 3ktcKXcibLZHl9_MaAVRJVw_hitM-wAOXB20vsU28A4.jpg (687x768, 86K)

based

I don't see it. Any poignancy would come from them realizing they need to change or having a hard time changing. Yet the only emotion they can muster for the drug dealers is western style blaze of glory duels. The kid who dies protecting his street. Or Omar being some kind of folk hero.

It's at it's best when it's doing that.. but it's not great and has no debt beyond that.

Attached: livia-enters-green-grove.png (166x151, 46K)

It's not your fault OP, you should have be told a high IQ is needed

*depth beyond that.

I think it's hilarious you keep trying to get your racism through to him but he's just fixated on Baltimore's problems

Overrated. Producers/writers had no idea what they were doing.

>but it's not great and has no debt beyond that.
What a bullshit claim to make. Just say it didn't land with you, you unappreciative little bitch

The black pill take:

liking this show is actually more racist than NOT liking it and seeing it for what it is. I think elevating the wire to a great show is a "Get Out" style fascination with nigger problems where you fetishize black people.

Real intelligent black people wouldn't want that life, and see it as degenerate and would try to get out.

Attached: class-traitor-uncle-tom-comic.png (1000x1000, 74K)

So tell me where the depth that I missed is hiding user? Stringer bell? He's hilariously badly written and kind of a cliche Scarface kind of character. Some of Angelos arc where he has to deal with his mother being a betraying cunt is pretty redpilled but I can't think of anything beyond that.

i forgot this shit, time to rewatch

its just a cops and robbers show deep down, you are the one overthinking it faggot.

He's ok. Just a western cowboy in another setting. No real development though. He just gets a little older.

I agree it's about the best the show can offer though.

i don't think you watched it

What about the older black boxing dude who gets out of jail after 10 years and realizes he can't do the trap life anymore and tried to build a gym to keep the kids off the streets? Or Wallace using smack and moving to the country only to be killed? Or D'Angelo who constantly questions the conventions of loyalty and the way drug game is played?
It's there you are just too ideologically blinded to see it

i went to jail for a weekend in college and i thought i would smoke these retarded criminals in chess

lemme tell you they are quite retarded but they are extraordinarily good at chess.

Stringer bell is one of the best written characters in the show and if you buy the Scarface reading you're missing the point. The whole show follows stringer from his POV which makes him seem like a genius badass, when in reality he makes a bunch of mistakes due to emotion and overestimating his intellect. That's why he dies like a dog when he thinks he can move into the big leauges because he took a community college business degree

I mean they needed drama. But I honestly don't remember shit about that boxing coach other than he was there for conflict. Idk.. that sucks that he died but that's not really interesting. Dying of drugs is pretty 90's shit my man. D'angelo is getting there but it's more of your typical gangster story ala the godfather.

What else?

do you think that anyone on this board cares about being perceived as racist? off to reddit with you

a lot of people say it doesn't show the police as the good guys but i dont feel that way at all. i feel like almost all their rule bending/breaking is done because the system they work within is broken and stepping out of bounds is kind of acceptable when everyone they are targeting is clearly guilty of something serious.

its like when some dna exonerates some negro arrested in the 90's and the media cheers the justice and sneers at the police. the overwhelming majority of the time the police just built this murder case because the guy was wreaking havoc and getting him off the streets by any means necessary did the community a load of good.

never bought this trope that police are just out to get people. never seen it, and i grew up in a city every bit as fucked up as baltimore, and i dont see the point in it either. why would cops just toss innocent people in jail? for fun?

White guilt fags trying to show they aren't racist.

Attached: 1553921306533.jpg (640x640, 19K)

literally mentions shit that happens in show. Maybe you just don't know how to watch things.

everything in the show is like this. they present characters to you the way the characters see themselves. carcetti and bell are the two most glaring examples. you believe in them because they seem like believable characters and it isn't until you examine them closer or they explicitly show their true colors that you realize they are total frauds.

stringer bell is a complete idiot. not the dumbest character on the show, there's some real retards, but he's basically your typical street thug with some self awareness. the fact that the show somehow got away with mocking the "learned negro" trope so ruthlessly and still comes away so worshipped by basedboys and the left cracks me up.

I don't think he was there for conflict at all, his whole story arc speaks to exactly what you are criticizing the show for lacking: a gangster reflecting on how he does not want to play the game anymore and trying to do something different with his life to help prevent others from falling into the same mistakes he made that led to him spending so much jail time.
Then you have his student Michael who relunctantly enters gangbanging because his life is such absolute shit he has no choice otherwise.
Even Bodie who was the most stereotypical negroid hood is completely disenchanted from the game before he dies when he's talking to McNulty but says he just doesn't know what else to do at that point

>opening credits
>mccunty gets drunk
>Shiiiiieeettttttt
>Nuts get shot
>Closing credits

>I can't watch this because all black people look the same so I can't keep track of their story lines.
fact - when the wire was airing on BET they removed all the docks scenes from season 2.

tbf I didn't give a fuck about that plot until nearly the end of the season, it starts off so fucking slow

I've only seen the first episode so all I can say is the first episode sucks

so this is the power of racism

you faggots are so brainwashed by /pol/ that you have convinced yourselves that a good show is bad because "hurr niggers". fucking pathetic

Still waiting.

a workaholic/obsessive cop like McNutty who shows herself to be really dysfunctional outside of the job. tries to tie herself down with a seemingly wholesome lesbian relationship while her partner consistently disagrees with her career choice, and thnks that by having a kid together it'll bring them closer together

eventually she turns to infidelity just like McNulty, they're both natural po-leese but shit at much of anything else. at least she finds her place in homicide investigation down the line

Attached: 1394723106124.png (500x329, 168K)