Fast and the Dudebros

>see Fast and the Furious on netflix
>know it personally as "that dudebro series that seems to be pretty popular considering it has like fifty movies in the franchise at this point"
>fuck it, let's see what this is about

>watch F&F1
>immediately starts with dated as fuck rap music that's cheesy by today's standards
>Brian is established as a sociopath who doesn't care constantly getting fellow police offers in wrecks that are intense enough to give them PTSD for the rest of their life while laughing and enjoying himself
>lets a literal fucking psychopath go at the end of the first movie that was terrorizing innocent truckers, putting their lives at danger (highways are the most dangerous fucking place to fuck with someones driving) because muh bro culture
>Dom's character literally destroys his Dad's prized car and doesn't even react to it, showing that he has no real sense of humanity

>watch F&F2
>ludacris
>more dated as fuck rap music that makes me cringe
>Brian says "bro" almost every other line, slowly begin to hate his character
>no real consequences for letting a high level felon go
>"Guise no, I have to recruit my literal crazy as fuck criminal friend that spends every scene he's in trying to steal shit for this big mission"
>OkayIBelieveYou.jpg
>more wrecks that probably ruin multiple innocent people's lives while laughing hysterically
>stunts that have no real basis in racing
>ends with them stealing dirty money and laughing off into the sunset
>brointensifies.jpg

>watch F&F3
>Sean is established as a conflicted and pretty interesting character from the get go
>Cool race at the start
>get to Tokyo
>meets based Han
>Mr. Miyagi type shit occurs
>Initial D references
>Drift King cameo
>Real basis on a somewhat realistic portrayal of Japanese street racing
>Every character gets a decent arc
>Satisfying bittersweet conclusion
>Director clearly did his homework

Can you guess which one of these is the one that normies hate? Take a guess.

Attached: 268x0w.png (268x402, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pxer6LY5JZg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=iuJDhFRDx9M
youtu.be/RgKAFK5djSk
youtube.com/watch?v=WkuHI3oRjZw
youtube.com/watch?v=-K14f1V18IQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anyway, due to the character limit, my point here is that Tokyo Drift is clearly superior and people didn't like it because they're fucking plebs. At least it had a goddamn message.

"Insider or outsider. That doesn't really matter. What matters is that if you want something, you go get it."

Oh also I loved the fact that Tokyo Drift showed the dangerous consequences of racing multiple times. Unlike the first two movies where it's brushed off in an almost sociopathic way.

>Every character gets a decent arc
What was the girl's arc, then? (Just playing devil's advocate here, I love Tokyo Drift.)

All my friends love 3 though. Just because you have to come up with strawmen because you've never talked to someone face to face doesn't mean you are right.

They get better from Tokyo Drift on, Justin Lin directed 3-6. Tokyo Drift is one of the best ones, but I get why normies hate it as Lucas Black is a terrible actor and a charisma black hole.

and this is why the first is best not one black person in site besides based ja rule and monica

>Consequences
The cops won't chase me if I go fast enough!

Five is the best

The series only really gets good at the fifth movie.

>>Real basis on a somewhat realistic portrayal of Japanese street racing

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

You're adorable.

Tokyo Drift is an American fantasy of what a scene like that could be, if Japanese acted like Americans. Secret clubs? Blocking off parking garages? Rivalry? Didn't happen. The guy who wrote the movie stated several times he had no clue what drifting was, and made most of it up.

I've been told by numerous Japanese of that age group that not only did a "scene" like that not exist, but the school scenes were completely fiction, no Japanese schools are like that, and Sean would have been sent to the American School in Japan, or one of the other private American style schools.

But you probably think Fast and Furious is realistic - Hey, I remember being 14, too.

4 is a Snooze fest.
5 is the best one.
6 is meh
7 is meh bust had that cool skyscrapper scene.
Didn't even watch 8

Wtf?
My normie friends love Tokyo Drift and I agree with them because it is the only decent movie in the series

the 3 are shit

I stopped at the 4th one, when it became superhero movies. Even as unauthentic as the first one is, it's still somewhat believable, just an exaggeration of the scene and adding the larping criminal and gang bullshit. Two...Eh. There's hot women. 3 was pure mindless entertainment, pure "yakuza" bullshit. 4 is when I said "fuck this shit", and haven't seen the rest.

She trades in her asian bf for a white bf

I'm not a fan of the series but on its own Tokyo drift is a really good movie.
Purely because of the juxtapose of the main character and the setting. Its incredibly original.

everything in 3 happens irl you are just wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=pxer6LY5JZg

There's (only) three things I don't really like about the movie:

>Lucas Black
Too stilted.

>Nathalie Kelley
The only F&F girl who actually isn't that good looking. (Unsurprisingly she has since disappeared completely.)

>The final race
It's supposed to be a japanese mountain road, but just looks like an ugly gravel pit.

If it wasn't for those three, it would be a near perfect movie!

She's a thousand times better looking than Jewish Skeletor.

LOL, 14 year old is triggered.

No, dumbass, it didn't. I talked to guys who where there. It didn't happen. Any of it.

Which one do you mean...? Jordana Brewster? I think she looked fine when she first appeared.

Tokyo drift.
It's the only good movie in the series

Gal Gadot

The one the weaboos like you actually liked? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and you're doing some sort of reverse nerd bait but who are we kidding? You liked tokyo drift. And we all know fucking why.

No, I'm pretty sure all of it happened. I think they were probably fucking with you

Oh yeah, she appears in the later ones too... You think she's ugly? I dunno, man. Sounds like you are in the minority.

Elsa Pataky is my fav, tho.

Because it's good? Not op btw your taste is shit

Attached: IMG20190406165029-01.jpg (3906x1712, 1.6M)

Because it's set in tokyo. I don't care if you won't admit it. But this is Yea Forums. You like it because MMM GLORIOUS JAPAN

Yep I mean it's secret club why they would tell this gaijin about it?

>people think 3 is weeb bait
The main guy is the most unweeb character ever written.
Thats why people love it.
Its japan through the eyes of a hillbilly mechanic average joe.

>not liking M:I with cars
Go dilate.

fast and furryios
dik
dik
dik
fast and furryios
m.youtube.com/watch?v=iuJDhFRDx9M

You just proved yourself as a weeb
That's all
4 and 5 are quite cool, too
It's a retarded franchise but it is consistent with the message: family is everything, while displaying cool cars and hot Latinas
It's so stupid it works

>be gaijin in japan
>people like you get invited to secret clubs
happens

It works because it's very positive and sincere which sticks out in a era of cynicism.

she leaves the japanese asshole and stops trying to fit in and instead learns to b herself

I like it because it's actually about cars not some gay muh familia drama shit

This video sums the franchise sentiment pretty well
youtu.be/RgKAFK5djSk
Btw, one of the most viewed videos on YouTube, with 2 BIllion views

Attached: Screenshot_20190408-073948.png (1080x1920, 296K)

If that did happen I suspect mr gaijin would never be seen again, because it sounds like an excuse to rob and kill him. Or maybe I'm just over cautious. I was never one to go along when someone said "Oh, come on user, it will be totally safe to go to this [place] with these people who clearly hate you."

I didn't say I didn't like it. It's entertaining, sure. Accurate? Fuck no.

you dont know shit user.
invite only is how they keep the niggers out of their clubs.

You missed the nigger in their club?

That "club" was pure fiction.

nope. They reference the model trade there its a real thing.

I know that nothing good usually comes from following a shifty fuck to his fan for candy or puppies, user. The same applies to following guys with more tattoos and gold teeth than than braincells to a secret club but you totally can't tell anyone when or where you are going.

user user its more like this
>there are lots of people that really really find foreigners interesting and want to be your friend
>they are all sorts of ordinary people
>invite you to a club for drinks and dinner and karaoke
Its not as crazy as you make out.

How did people react to Tokyo Drift ending scene?

How do you dislike the first movie, it has the best atmosphere

It's so dull and boring. Nothing really happens and the ending isn't very climatic.

I dare people to rewatch the first one while pretending not to know about the sequels. Because it's actually quite baffling why it got those sequels in the first place.

Sequels got outrageously dumb that's for sure. First movie is about stealing DVD players, last one is about stealing a nuke or whatever the fuck.

What I like about the first movie is just how quotable it is after you see it a few more times.

5 > 6 > 3 >1 > 7 > 4 > 2 > 8

DANKEY KANG?

this post reeks of onions. if you can’t enjoy F&F with you bros you need to leave

I WANNA IF U KNO

imagine being han in that scene

Drop it I don’t wanna talk about it

Attached: D06D143A-CDB1-4C98-8537-751953B4A1EE.jpg (1128x480, 35K)

why did teenagers in such a technologically advanced country such as japan have early 2000s flip phones in 2013?

>It's so dull and boring.
undercover cop busting a smuggling ring that also is some big illegal drag racer vs some high school drama that "involves" the yakuza for 20 minutes of the movie and ends happily ever after minus Han lol
>Nothing really happens
yes a montage of the kid learning to drift is so engaging or him fighting the school bullies
>and the ending isn't very climatic.
Drift endings is fucking Terreto showing up to race the dumb accent kid how is that more climatic than the first?

This film UNIRONICALLY has better chase and driving scenes than all those movies combined.

C G I trash
youtube.com/watch?v=WkuHI3oRjZw

Attached: 21933_nomansland-orion1%20%28VHSCollector.com%29.jpg (1228x2216, 2.33M)

You underaged faggots will never know the wonderful feeling of going with your friends to a car meet in the early 2000s just like in the first movie. Pathetic fucking assholes

Attached: Vicki1.jpg (756x567, 73K)

1 > 3 > 5 > 2 > 8 > 7 > 4 > 6

Attached: 1554566071489.jpg (900x1200, 176K)

1>3>shit>the rest

>2013

At the time there were no car movies made for the current car culture. Everything was old. McQueen is great and all but it's outdated. F&F came around and somewhat represented the car culture at the time. The cheesiness and the incorrect car shit was ignored.

Tokyo drift sucked because it didn't star the main cast, had bad actors, and the plot sucked. After that they got the message and made the franchise an action movie instead of a car movie. F&F are shit car movies btw. They barely show the racing aspect and just have shit cuts of shifting, gas pedals, and NOS. But again, they were the closest thing car guys had that represented them.

>women will never understand this scene

Attached: 12323123123123123123213.png (1141x488, 916K)

While I love the first 3 and will watch any day, I like 2 the most. The two main characters are partners and there's lots of racing. First is cute but I don't like most of the characters, third I think looks the coolest.

Weeb

it is a much prettier city than the dirty los angeles we got for the others

I almost dropped the series after 4. That was really bad, but 5 fixed it and they went with a heist genre. I miss the racing.

Tokyo drift was great

Attached: IMG_2264.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

OPs a busta and has probably never had a corona in his fucken life!

All I will add is that, during or about the time the first F&F movie came out, the ratio of kids who wanted to build a cool modified car to those who had the means to do so was about 100,000 to 1. In other words, you were probably more likely to be 21 and own a Ferrari than you were to be 21 and own a 700+hp Nissan Skyline with flip paint and sixty-three speakers, which somewhat undoes the "underdog" part of the film.

Attached: fat art car.jpg (400x324, 24K)

pierce is coming back to bond movies?

TOKOYO DRIFT MY FAVORITE OF THE SERIES
THANSK FOR LISTENING

>TOKYO DRIFT took place in 2006
>F&F 4-8 took place in 2009 and onward but are supposed to take place before tokyo drift
really boggles the marbles

Attached: 2fast2manychromosomes.gif (281x243, 1022K)

2F2F is actually the patrician choice lads

>that scene where dozens of cars come crashing out of the garage to confuse the cops

Actual kino

Attached: 1457656645412.png (251x225, 75K)

MOVE BITCH

Never heard of it, and I'm not listening to anything by that mumbling nigger

ff2 is the most hated in the series

Real reason it was the best one

>>Sean is established as a conflicted and pretty interesting character from the get go
Come on now, the character's story in tokyo drift is cringe as fuck.

This, only the absolute brainded drones who dislike 3 just because brian isn't the protagonist hate 3.

True, but Tokyo Drift is unironically my favourite FF movie.

I strongly suggest watching Tokyo Drift in black and white. Just go to your TV settings and reduce the colors. Seriously, give it a try. It's a whole different experience.

that's dishonest. the film maker wanted it a certain way

It's objectively the worst so it deserves that, it fucking sucks.

4 is the worst. It's not a competent heist movie and it's got torreto being a psychic envisioning the car crash that happened
2 is a competent action movie

>Tokyo Drift is an American fantasy of what a scene like that could be
That's why I love it. I don't care what your country actually IS, I care what I think it could be based on my watching of various animes.

Imagine being Lucas Black, starring in the third movie of a huge franchise. The franchise goes on to make like 90 fucking sequels and spinoffs after you, and nobody ever calls you or pretends your character even exists in any of them. That's gotta hurt.

2 has the best villain so its ok in my book 4 was pretty mediocre but was the Segway into the modern day Furious movies

he was going to be in the last one as a bigger part but he was hurt or something

Remember that today’s ‘dated’ is tomorrow’s vaporwave shit

youtube.com/watch?v=-K14f1V18IQ

I’ve been to plenty, they’re boring

/o/ here.
Tokyo Drift is trash

Attached: img_5482e-666x443.jpg (666x443, 75K)

What happened to her

Attached: FC345A24-D730-427B-9E88-65D9263056CC.jpg (1930x3000, 698K)

lmao this fuckin' weeb
get a life you nippon cock sucking faggot

her parents

>implying japan isn't the best city for street racing

>implying japan is the best for anything
o i am laffin my weeb friend, o how i am laffin

Why is Han so likeable?

it's not weeb to recognize japans superiority in all things, you don't even know what weeaboo means

>this weeb actually believes this
lmao

I really hate a guy with no sense of dubs

The movie is literally about a redneck and opens with him fucking some rich kid with his 60s mustang junker

More like wrecks that land you in jail, put multiple lives in danger, doesn't achieve anything, and in Han's case, literally gets him killed in one of the most horrific ways possible.

yeah who is a closet weeb and moves to japan to be close to his nippon overlords like the degenerate weeb he is

Japan isn't a street racing haven anymore, dumbass.

Attached: 1524975240915.png (3302x2109, 94K)

That (was?) an actual thing in Japan.

3 almost singlehandly killed the franchise. It bombed stateside, and the only reason F&F 4 came out was because it did well internationally.

I always love in these movies when the bad guys start bumper slapping the protagonists and neither cars violently spin out of control and crash. Shit man all it takes in real life is you to tap another vehicle at high speeds and you're fucking donezo

Also Tokyo Drift was probably just hated because dudebros don't like actual substance in their content. I'm not saying that in a derogatory way. Schlock has its own merits if it's still fun.

Attached: only a few can drift.jpg (720x540, 53K)

>tokyo drift
>substance
haha fellow 16 year old, I like to drieft and play Sega Megadrive too.
High shool sure sucks.

Attached: vlcsnap-275012.jpg (384x288, 11K)

Tokyo drift is Yea Forumss favorite familia kino though, and you're right about everything
TD managed to balance everything perfectly, its honestly the only movie that holds up

5 is really good as an action heist movie
Don't go in expecting street racing and you'll probably enjoy it

Your analysis of these movies is cringeworthy. Just stop.

Well personally I really enjoyed the detailed depictions of the horrific wrecks that occur from the retarded ass shit they pull in these movies

Not as cringeworthy as the goddamn soundtracks and dialogue faget. At least I don't pretend I'm a profound writer

normies hate 2 Toyko Drift is the favorite of the redditor

People love 3, even in my country where im pretty sure it was released as direct to video