How the fuck did they greenlight this?

How the fuck did they greenlight this?

Attached: IMG_4560.jpg (250x369, 21K)

Tom I love you but fuck you for this.

Attached: 1554512836170.webm (1000x416, 2.88M)

At least the game was decent.

Retards keep paying to see remakes.

Plus hollywood not having anymore original ideas.

i saw this at the kinoplex with my mum and we both hated it

Attached: 1520025231304.gif (779x512, 50K)

No one boosted the #NoBrendanNoMummy hashtag campaign to get Brendan a cameo. Just a small paycheck to cover half an alimony payment or something.

Attached: 1465002719516.jpg (630x1200, 251K)

To think they didn't UNJUST Brendan... This movie is absolute crap. I even stopped paying attention halfway through the film.

Kek

The meeting probably went something like:
>this is mediocre
>Oh what's that? You've got Tom Cruise?
$$

They wanted Van Helsing on bigger scale. Plus Tom Cruise was supposed to be in 1999 Mummy so as soon as they suggested reboot, he was on it. Modern day reboot was in talk since 2012. The original script of 90s mummy movie was also set in modern day and involved archeologist accidentally resurrecting the mummy in a big city.

Yea Forumss biggest Mummy movies (and novels) fan, AMA

Tom Cruise=Box Office Hit

movie wasnt even that bad outside of some illogical shit. it was par with your typical capeshit.

Attached: 1 (8).jpg (798x1088, 646K)

>AMA
Can you explain this?

Attached: The Rock in The Mummy Returns - Cutting edge CGI.jpg (720x480, 66K)

They were on Cruise control.

Attached: tomcruise.jpg (825x464, 184K)

Are there any new mummy movies in the works?

Cruise star power and wanting to start the Dark Universe. But they fucked up by not having Tom accept Ahmanet's offer.

Second movie has been rushed. They didn't plan it. Whole structure was literally copied from 1999 one. They changed details but it's the same thing.

No, it was turbo awful. Everything about it screamed mediocrity. Story line, acting, sets, locations, motivations, screenplay. My god, the only thing they got half right was the sound. Why the FUCK was the mummy covered in non-hieroglyphic characters? It was a mess.

Why would they do a mummy movie withou one single reference to Egypt? That really rustled my jimmies. I haven't watched the original 30s one, but this was awful. Just watched it after rererewatching the 1999 one and boy, that was so much better.

None I'm aware of, however there are rumors about Cleopatra movie but nothing more yet. One of main reasons to move mummy into city was to avoid showing Egypt. Hollywood doesn't like to touch it now because of social media and racial controversy.

Sorry, I didn't notice this post. Read Also they wanted to punish the princess. Egyptians were not afraid of death, it was something they were preparing for. However they believed that only proper burial would give them eternal life, dying outside of Egypt was something they were afraid for real. Have you noticed that almost all tombs are on the east side of the Nile? Taking the princess away from Egypt, far to the west of the Nile, would be extremely cruel punishment.
Btw mercury has nothing to do with Egypt.
It's demotic script, that's kind of hieroglyphics too.

Better than capeshit. Capeshit uses a lot of obvious CGI. This one had old school practical effects and stunt work.