Is it just me, or is capeshit getting dumber and dumber?

Is it just me, or is capeshit getting dumber and dumber?

Attached: 7EEE554B-1858-46FD-8F46-96CF70170536.jpg (800x670, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theworldsmightiestmortal.com/2017/04/captain-marvels-ability-to-walk-through.html
twitter.com/Mister_BatfIeck/status/1115002082044432384
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 1554600034544.jpg (620x387, 41K)

hey mouse shill

still on damage control for being BTFO by Chadzam?

Disney capeshit sucks too.

But is is rather hilarious to watch DClets squirm as Captain Marlel--I mean "Shazam" (bruh look at this dood...) flops epic style

Attached: F89BFD5C-C346-486D-B045-F3E2E5C7BD7E.jpg (500x500, 41K)

I just saw it. Theater was full

Nah, if anything Shazam was honest about the audience it was pandering to.
You sound like a total mindlet thou.

Capeshit is dumb by nature and trying to make it super serious is a mistake. Even good serious capeshit like The Dark Knight work only in spite of the grown man in a bat costume beating up people while sounding like the Shockmaster.

DC shill

what a mature under twenty-five year old you are.

>has a better Rotten Tomatoes score than Captain Burqa
>made more than Captain Burqa in its opening weekend

kek, how will false-flagging marvelites cope?

Literally everything is dumb to losers like you. Stop doing things. Including breathing.

I was right
>fornite dances
>zoomer dances
>anti-white apehop music
>youtube aesthetics
>videogame sensibilities
>epicureanism as social currency inverted through solipsistic reddit fetish
>jewish actor pretending to be a christian man pretending to be a jew
>funkopop collecting betaplay signaling
>trendy stranger things executive decisions
>diverse heroes destroy the evil white english man
>rotten tomatoes approved
>tumblr(tranny) approved
>numale cartoon chicken/TBBT pandering
>bag guy says lines trump has said
This is capeshit made by reddit for reddit. Regular capeshit was always bad enough but at least it didn't self consciously strain itself to have "meme moments" like this and GOTG turned it all up to 11.

Attached: shazinga.webm (940x528, 2.82M)

Is it me or do you sound fucking triggered?

Believe what you want

Man of Steel and BvS were pretty smart

capeshit has always been dumb, and it's about time they started recognizing it

The internet has made you unable to articulate yourself. Stop talking about movies you didn't see for attention from strangers.

>Man of Steel was pretty smart
>the child of genetically engineered scientists is born with unaltered genes just because his birth was natural

Attached: 1440294521716.jpg (456x386, 107K)

Reminder if the tread is just some incels repeating how much they dislike things to just hide the fucking thread.

Thread hidden.

>the marvel-fag on full apocalyptic-level ass-hurt orbital-stage cancer bombardment therapy over yet another DC movie trouncing his dog shit made by a soulless corporation that designed the universe from the ground-up to be cut-and-past to one another

Attached: 2566b1c052f827214ecfc8a3541b5b03.png (633x450, 383K)

Can't really get dumber than marvel flicks.

its copypasta, search for it in the archives and don't fall for this bait pasta again, bub.

>the audience it was pandering to.
9 year olds?

Cry more bitch nigga.

Attached: shazam.jpg (1920x1080, 117K)

>capeshit
>the last stand of implicit anti-shitlib, anti-YAS, pro-man identity

Attached: 1552849510203.jpg (720x480, 154K)

Man, your hormone therapy sure is hurting you, isn't it?

Attached: 1518847869663.jpg (720x545, 247K)

The bad guy quotes Trump

Yea. The two 9 year olds I saw it with loved it

>bad guy says lines trump has said
Dude what

when

have sex with me

Attached: D51C5B63-8547-4CDA-88E0-41FCD396944E.jpg (340x272, 7K)

It's getting more childish, definitely. It's a good thing since grown men and incels will stop giving a shit after a while.

Makes sense.

Attached: 345634563456.jpg (574x601, 59K)

He calls the multiracial foster home that Billy lives with a "shithole" as they zoom in on his face. It's obvious.

Also, just saw it and theater was also full. But then again, I'm from Brazil and here people really enjoy DC over Marvel for some reason.

If you actually saw the guy you could tell that his genes were pretty high level.
They just weren't directly genetically modified to fill a specific purpose.
In contrast with Zod, whose entire military existence was predetermined by his engineers.

Don't worry, user. They are family

Exactly you dumb fuck. Who do you think super hero movies are made for?

Best capeshit movie so far. It was fun from beginnig to end.

Attached: TSTBaQ7[2].jpg (1462x2046, 121K)

>He calls the multiracial foster home that Billy lives with a "shithole" as they zoom in on his face. It's obvious.

Attached: 94649629.gif (800x450, 802K)

During BvS and JL
>RT SCORE MEANS NOTHING! SHUT UP MOUSESHILL!

During Shazam!
>HAHAHA YES!, MUH BASEDZAM HAS BETTER SCORE THAN CAPTAIN MURLEL

Everyone in this photoshop has a nicer looking ass than Brie Larson. Including Godzilla.

cope

Attached: 24334523452.jpg (272x185, 5K)

You must be a crocodile

>no arguments
SEETH

Oh fuck off you all do this. If it's not RT it's the box office. So Aquaman is a better movie than Winter Soldier or GOTG . It's all just shitposting

Not that guy, but in all seriousness, box office is the best predictor of quality there is.

>SEETH
why are you seething?

The only thing that matters is that Shazam was good. It's a hit in the box office, everyone loves it, it has above a 90% on rotten tomatoes. We're 100% getting a Shazam 2/Shazam in future DC movies.

Who cares if it didn't make all the money in the world

Holy shit that's some fucking reaching, a single fucking word.

Dont worry its just Marvelcucks projecting.

Attached: 1545023962252.jpg (2518x1024, 465K)

>apehop

Attached: GumsAreBigKek.jpg (2000x3000, 699K)

>, box office is the best predictor of quality there is.

Attached: 1458948837868.png (228x260, 138K)

Why have the (white male) bad guy use that word when describing the home of a black girl, a Chinese boy, a disabled boy, a white girl, and a fat Mexican boy?

It was getting dumber with Captain Marvel but thankfully it picked up with Shazam

Attached: Darla.webm (146x376, 1.26M)

It was pretty bland even by capeshit standards. Felt like a Marvel movie.

It's getting quippier and quippier

because that's what audiences want. They hated Snyder's serious and deeper universe. DC replaced it with quips.,

Attached: main-qimg-1026e7e9e17ce142bb65055d949d803e.jpg (602x293, 65K)

your loneliness and virginity is really, really blatant

Attached: REEEEE.jpg (637x662, 95K)

>getting this offended by a kids movie

Attached: whinypol2.png (976x768, 345K)

>jewish actor pretending to be a christian man pretending to be a jew
You got too many jews on the equation

Zachery Levi isn't even Jewish to begin with

Levi isn't even Jewish

/pol/ apparently thinks he's secretly jewish and is hiding it as part of a plot to ????

have seen it claimed before

Levi is a Jewish name you retarded fagholes, its the name of a book in the torah

He's a nondemoninational "spiritual" Christian.
He's functionally Jewish.

That's what I meant, maybe I should have phrased the joke better

Most english names have biblical (jewish) origins

>Zachery
>Levi
>not jewish

Attached: 1548532694584.jpg (331x307, 52K)

>BvS: WAAAHHHH ITS TOO SMART AND SERIOUS
>Shazam: WAAAHHHH ITS TOO LIGHTHEARTED

Can Mouse shills make up their mind already?

proof

imagine being this obsessed/paranoid about jews

this is why nobody likes incels.

Matthew is a jewish name. I guess everyone named Matthew is Jewish

he doesn't even have any reason to hide it. Only fat spergy incels give a shit about jews. Normal/socially functional people couldn't care less

Then why does he score a 6 on jewornotjew when actual non jew actors score 0?

Attached: 1553554823292.png (1212x910, 1.06M)

Wikipedia

this site is retarded. There's a Polish film made solely by orthodox Jews and it is rated 0%

>this man is not Jewish
kek

Attached: fellow white.jpg (398x600, 31K)

Never had so much fun for a movie in years. 10/10

Both capeshit camps suck ass. Batman v Superman sucks harder than the average.

lol no one except (you) thought that was a trump quote, you should start boxing with that far of a reach

proofs beyond your own weird obsessive theories about jews?

I did. I thought it was an obvious jab at him as well. Who even uses 'shithole' in the mainstream before trump?

Attached: 6DCF1098-F799-4D07-9D81-6EE4F4A55658.jpg (640x476, 174K)

This movie was basically DCEU Power Rangers.

I want my 11 dollars back.

It's more like Sivana saw the wreath with all of their faces on it and got mad with envy

here

everyone?

Trump didn't make up the word "shit hole" tho. Assuming that's what the person was implying

Not just you

the way you strain to cram as many insults into your post screams either Reddit or reading too much ED
either way it's time to lurk more

And Bush didn't invent the phrase "If you're not with me, you're my enemy."
But he did famously say it. And Revenge of the Sith clearly referenced it.

>youtube aesthetics
>trendy stranger things executive decisions
what do these even mean?

Lmao
Lurk moar, tard

Attached: BE777E73-5C3F-45B1-ADDF-48980F1FA554.jpg (422x750, 85K)

yea in normal conversation, but not in a movie in that context.

Seath had nothing to do with this

Attached: Tiny White Dog Sif.jpg (900x660, 291K)

>>youtube aesthetics
A montage sequence where Billy and his friend upload videos of him doing superhero stuff to YouTube. At least 10
total seconds where the screen is just uploading bars.
>>epicureanism as social currency inverted through solipsistic reddit fetish
movie promotes hedonism? Dunno
>>trendy stranger things executive decisions
Evil demon creatures straight outta Stranger Things. Plus, one of the kids from It, which is Stranger Things-core.

please keep eating up the post count on this shitty thread so it can die

Man, I'm just saying that its a reach. I don't think shithole is a rare word either, just an average bad guy insult
damn you got me there Mickey

As long as I get some (you)s!

Attached: 42E42432-3023-41AA-863E-7D7A537275C4.jpg (500x500, 77K)

one is a phrase and the other is a word

Feige has soul.

Attached: 5B535C0F-EA36-4690-9E6C-AF711655811F.jpg (994x1024, 72K)

We didn’t get this, if you hadn’t noticed. We got Kick Ass rated G.

It was a heartfelt movie, I loved it, and nothing will make me think otherwise. I hope we get a sequel.

Attached: 518.gif (500x400, 1.21M)

>the ABSOLUTE state of Marvel manbabies
stayed cucked, losers.

Attached: Shadab.webm (1280x532, 504K)

I loved when Shazam yelled Shazam to get the lightning to hit the sin and when Sivana was falling Billy yelled Shazam again and saved him
An old school superhero is now refreshing

One of my favourite scenes was when Billy told the kids to say his name to give them his powers. Zachary Levi's "I hate you all right now" face really sells it.

Fucking this. Also, unlike dumb-ass Disney capeshit that more often than not the hero wins by "leveling up" through anger or using some MacGuffin, Shazam wins by outwitting his opponent, looking past the obvious foe in front of him, deducing the identity of the demon powering him from within, and goading *it* out into a direct confrontation. What makes that even better is that he understood its nature from having experienced it and overcoming it in his own life experience. That shit was fucking cool as hell. Wisdom of Solomon, bitches.

Kek. Thicczilla.

That shit was hilarious.

>dumber and dumber
Seems like you fit right in

>tfw there are legit r34 fanarts of godzilla on the net
why

Attached: Every time.jpg (900x760, 113K)

Bingo. Also, did you notice that moment with the kid playing with the Batman and Superman action figures? That wasn't just a nod to the previous movies, it was a nod to comics history, where "Captain Sparklefingers" debuted and became more popular than either of them.

I'm seeing this one again just for the sheer joy of it.

I think Ron Perlman's character calls Earth a shithole in Alien Resurrection, and that's just the first one that comes to mind.

MCU has been a thing for a decade now, op.

I mean, epicurean hedonism was just living simply and minimizing pain. Epicurean communes were just some bros in a house doing mostly self-sufficient farming.

Totally. Billy's pure, compassionate, and wise beyond his years. He doesn't just beat his foe, he comes to understand him. He's everything the Wizard was looking for.

That shit was hilarious.

Hes not jewish lol, he changed his name so he would get more rehearsals.

Zilla is his own brand of sexy.

Which is why he changed his name to Levi, read his wikipedia lmao

It got dumbest the moment MCU started pumping out shit like Ultron and Infinity War.

This is what you paid for and you deserve it.

Why are the Chinese “people” so disgusted by wholesome, family movies?

In my opinion, it really started with the dance-off scene. I fucking hated that because something like that *could* have worked if they'd established anywhere at all that Quinn had any knowledge or history with Ronan. Instead, it's just lazy. The no-nonsense death engine that Ronan's set up as the whole movie just crumbles to plot-induced-stupidity at the convenience of the script. It was a damn shame because I liked pretty much everything the movie was doing right up until that point.

This is pretty cringe.

Maybe the problem is that it's a shitty wholesome family movie?

If you really want, or if you have a giant stick up your ass you can nitpick this movie to death - I for one thought that Billly's characterisation was a bit inconsistent at times, both as Shazam and as a kid. But the movie is so fun, that all of it really somehow works. 90% of the jokes landed, the characters were likeable as fuck and I never felt that the movie treats me like an idiot, despite the "kiddy" premise.
Also Mary is a top-tier waifu and a legit badass with balls of steel. She's absolutely willing to pick a fight with Sivana and the sins to distract them from hurting the other kids.

I thought they did a pretty good job with Billy's character. He's presented as ignoring what's in front of him and chasing a fantasy. He's presented as getting lost briefly in the euphoria of being a magical Chad at the expense of being a hero. Both he and Freddie struggle with their own specific brands of envy. Freddie envies Billy's good fortune. Billy envies Freddy for having found a measure of happiness, one that he's been actively rejecting.

Overall, I felt like the principal characters were all pretty 3-dimensional, even Sivana.

To bring actual discussion to this cesspool of memery:
Am I the only one that felt, that the tonal shifts near the end of the movie felt weird?
Especially the scene in which we got the Shazam Family transformation it really took me out of what should have been a bombastic moment; the cheap laugh it got does not seem worth it.

Not for me. I liked that.

Hey Disney shill, try harder next time......

Attached: shills.jpg (954x935, 157K)

I also liked that little moment in the carny booth.

The one with the tiger? It was cute.
I also enjoyed the scene in which [/spoiler]Sivana tries to drown kid Billy and he can't Shazam out of there. Mary just grabs the gun and tries to shoot the fucker. The deflects it - and realizes he accidentally let go of Billy. Cue Shazam. It was great.

Shazam was less dumb than Infinity War and that garbage came before so no, I don't think so

>not recognizing shill posts/copypasta
>Even if were original, not recognizing that it was purely shitposting

>it won't bomb
kek

THIS. I hope mos2 has some of snyder elements/edge, have shazam to pander to the kids.

Yeah, that was great. They did an excellent job of building the suspense there.

Also, there are subtle little touches through the whole story that I want to explore more, like here's one I want to know for definite: when they're all out at the Rock if Eternity, are all the sins out waiting to take a throne, or is Envy still hiding inside Sivana? I know the obvious answer is that they're all out because the batarang wounded Sivana, but I don't think that's necessarily the case.

funny how even the (((critics))) liked Shazam. My guess is that Disney's critic pay-off account was emptied for Captain Toe-fungus so they could not afford to pay the critics to hate on shazam

Welcome to Yea Forums new friend

Shazam is very much like one of the marvel films. The humour is incredibly similar i.e. the villain soliloquy and Shazam not being able to hear him.
HOWEVER the humour fits the character of an adolescent as a superhero.
is it dumb? yes. is it suppose to be? more than likely.

I think they are all out then. Notice that Sivana's eye doesn't glow. The same thing with the board meeting. His eye stops glowing once he releases them on his father. I thought it was a CGI fuckup at first, but it was actually a neat forshadowing.

He was right about that, it's making Ant Man numbers despite being cheaper

I want to watch again just to be completely sure. They *might* have set up something that's really subtle and cool. Remember how Freddie talks up that batarang earlier, even says it's just a replica before going on to gush about how sharp it is? Remember how later he's talking about the power of belief? Would it have still wounded Sivana if anyone else had thrown it?

>Only magic draws blood from magic.

His eye definitely stops glowing when they're all out

Fag

Good "eye." Also, I really, really loved that boardroom scene. Sivana's a complete prick, but you can still sort of feel for the guy.

Sivana did nothing wrong

But this movie is kidkino at its purest.

Solid villian perfect amount of cheese while not making him a full on bond villian

Serious talk - I really want Mr Mind to take over as a villain in the Shazam sequel. If DC would somehow manage to pull of this character off, I will retract every bad thing I said about MoS.

Attached: tmg-article_tall.jpeg.jpg (361x425, 16K)

Leading up too black Adam at some point

>Dr Sivana in prison
honestly on what crimes? affray in the fairground? he didn't kill anyone, no one can tie him to the deaths in the boardroom, bodies are all missing except his brother and he STILL cannot be tied to it.

>Go ahead. Ask it if you're man enough to throw me out of here.

I was ROOTING FOR HIM. At least in that moment. Fuck those assholes.

sneed

they probably got shit on security cameras

>what do these even mean?
That /pol/ broke his brain and now user needs medical attention.

Oh they're going to do it. They'll do it by making him essentially unkillable. He only *looks* like a caterpillar. His lines in the teaser were fucking golden.

Shit was great really let you know he wasn't fucking around and he treats Billy the same way goes straight for the kill

thing before me born bad and boring
thing when i was kid good and fun and artistic
thing when i am older bad and not artistic

Attached: 1540093933719.jpg (353x400, 20K)

Property damage - he did wreck the whole mall, using lethal force against police officers and that's on camera, harming minors, occultism. He probably also avoids paying taxes or something.

based, thought I was the only one who noticed

I mean it's a universe where people are aware of superheros so I'm sure when some super villian does something they have ways to deal with it

Oh, they could tie him to it just off the guard's testimony.

>"Look, all I know is he went in and he was the only one to come back out, at least through the door."

>Especially the scene in which we got the Shazam Family transformation it really took me out of what should have been a bombastic moment
and it wasn't?

And the testimony of the Santa Claus later on. This poor, ****ing, traumatized Santa Claus.

>reaching this hard
Based Chadzam working disneyshills into a seethe

I also loved how they mirrored his and Billy's separate obsessions. Billy's fantasy turns out to be a disappointment for him. Sivana's turns out to be all he could have hoped for even if he'll never appreciate it. That's good shit.

no normie, democrat or republican, even remembers that now. The media makes up a new "trump controversy" every week these days

So hilarious my dick got hard

Based big brained cape kino. Hope this does well enough for a sequel Mr mind set up was dope

Fucking kek. I got faint "Happy" vibes off that. Have you been watching it?

They were always dumb and for 9-year-olds, retard. Shazam is just honest about it. Or are you one of those manchildren that think that captain murrica 2 was a deep political thriller? Because it was not, it was a movie for little children and really sad adults.

Nah, it was just him kicking the kids when they are down. Thoughout the whole movie we are told how nice and wholesome this household is, despite being chaotic as fuck and then Sivana shows up and lays onto the kids how much of a shitshow this house really is just to spite them.

Godammit, boner, no. Just no.

Capeshit movies aren't taking themselves seriously for the same reason that video games stories actually are - the people who make them got bored one day and realized how embarrassing their work was. The movie people are just farther along in the process (snarky irreverence vs. pretentiousness "maturity")

If I had sex with her in that form am I breaking any laws?

>When she talks to santa
I like this movie and I hope it btfos all Disney shit

thats a few years at best and he'd make bail. He has money.
AND knows the symbol combination to get back into the castle again and steal the bright ball thing

Does she get access to any of the wisdom component?

this isn't a trump reference but I wish it was

Captain Marvel did the exact same thing, with the space republicans calling Earth a shithole.
The entire concept of the movie was literally "the immigrants are good boys who dindu nuffin and fuck borders and laws and shit"
It made Shazam's shithole line look completely harmless.

That's gonna be a bitch to explain in court. She's "technically" legal. You can have her though. My waifu is more wholesome anyway.

Attached: Grace_Fulton.jpg (667x1000, 81K)

Good comedy requires effort and thought and is generally rooted in premise and character. Bad, low-effort comedy is born of toilet humor and *ignoring* premise and character. Irreverent comedy can be born of either but tends to arise from the latter. Shazam's entire premise is predisposed to comedy, and they build on it by exploring the characters, not ignoring them. They flesh out the characters and put them in situations that are both funny and touching, sometimes both at once.

That scene between Billy and Mary is one of the smarter things put in a cape film in recent memory.

Me too, bro. That shit warmed my cold, cold heart.

I loved the scene where they discovered that he was bulletprof.
And they made the robbers do a barrage of bullets. Until the other kid pointed out
>wait we dont know if its the suit or you thats bulletprof.... SHOT HIM IN THE HEAD

That scene in the jail cell was a veiled reference to something waaaaaaaaay back in the comics. If his pencil hadn't broke, Sivana was about to "solve" those walls.

Top-tier waifu, Master Dubsman.

You talking about Captain Marvel's ability to have full control of his body at an electron-level?
theworldsmightiestmortal.com/2017/04/captain-marvels-ability-to-walk-through.html
That shit is based.

His reactions to getting shot in the face nearly fucking killed me.

I love Freddie's dark streak.

>Shoot him in the face. For SCIENCE!

And then he sets Shazam on fire. For science.

Yes. Sivana "thinks" his way to it. On one occasion from a comic, he "solves" the wall of a jail cell and just walks right through it.

Same

This movie is pure fucking gold.

Better than the actual power rangers movie

>hahaha le nerdy quirky blue ranger is driving his dinosaur backwards eksdeee

I liked the quiet Mexican kid's reaction to his Chadform.

untrue generally speaking general audiences liked those films far more than 80% of Marvel movies and most DC films make far more on average. BTFO

Just because RT happens to count shill "journalists" doesn't mean anything.

>youtube aesthetics
>videogame sensibilities
What the fuck am I reading

EAT
THE
DISC

So will Freddie take Billy's place as a kid radio personality and bring it forward? Become a YouTuber?

Capeshit was always trash, just now it's become self-aware.

>"Oh! You must be that officer my sons are always saying nice things about!"
>"Me? Really?"
>"No dad, that's the other guy. This one sucks."

My fucking sides.

I saw Shazam a few days ago in a full theater and literally the only people there besides me were chads and staceys.

By the way, I love that the "I don't know how to pee in this thing" joke has a follow-up.
>Ok, how do I... screw it.
>SHAZAM!

This has to be a shill...right??

Tell me an example when capeshit was smart.

Yeah, the board is filled with DC shills. Yea Forums will always be TEAM MARVEL no matter how hard they try.

Captain Marvel. Fight me.
They managed to turn a completely bland and forgettable movie with a weak protagonist played by an unlikeable actress into a world-wide phenomenon that sells billions by invoking culture wars. That was some meta-smart shit.

There's too much good shit in this movie. I watched that trailer for months without realizing he wasn't saying "be."

You're not saying anything we haven't already saying for years - the only imagination and creativity at Disney is focused in two departments: marketing and accounting. From an artistic standpoint, they've been creatively bankrupt for decades.

>How do you do fellow Jew haters

Yeah nice try mouse

I missed it, what did he say?

Attached: 00fred3.jpg (1204x1600, 243K)

>captain marvel/shazam was literally never comedy
>movie comes out
>retard dumb fuck in oversized suit
>total comedy

Jesus christ. I guess Spawn will be a romcom now.

I'm not a big fan of the DC cinematic universe, or whatever it is called. At this point it is a bit of a scattered mess. Suicide Squad was an edited mess. Justice League was duck taped together by Joss Whedon and his horrible writing. Justice League is a tonal mess with two nearly contrasting directors. Wonder Woman had a good first half and weak second half. Aquaman was... alright

I saw Shazaam and I thought it was good. Basic simple to follow story with some alright twists. It stands up as a stand alone movie. I really don't really have anything negative to say about Shazaam. For a $100million dollar budget capeshit film from New Line Cinema. Shazaam felt like something New Line Cinema would have made in the 1980's to 1990's. The movie is smaller in scope for the final action scenes. Maybe it's New Line Cinema's best comic-book movie since Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from 1990.

That the Marvel Kids' foster house is a "shithole".
A mother of all strawgrasping if you ask me.

He used the word Trump invented - "shithole." You know, like when Ron Perlman used his psychic powers to look forward in time and had his character in Alien Resurrection call the whole earth a shithole just so he could retroactively reference Trump?

I don't really think you're being fair. A movie having humor in it, comedic moments, doesn't make it a comedy. Forrest Gump is a funny movie, but that doesn't make it a comedy either.

Billy is a 14yo kid blessed with the powers of a demigod. His best friend is a superhero fan and self-proclaimed "expert" who's geeking out over having easy access to one. Of course they're both doing silly shit. Everything they're doing is organic to the characters.

Now contrast that with Sivana. That guy's not funny. Not even once. Contrast him with Hackman's Luthor and Beatty's comic-relief henchman character Otis from Donner's film.

ummmmm
where did this Aggy photo come from??

>he doesn't know
She hit the wall HARD

Attached: 4E73BA93-401B-4139-9F68-17E5CE39506C.jpg (500x666, 45K)

Trump didnt invent the word shithole you retard

Sivana is funny exactly because he is so unfunny. That's why his finale monologue scene works so well.
And still - movie continously portrays him as a competent, menacing villain. When he shows up on screen he means business. The only time he loses his calm is when Billy destroys the staff and gives the powers of Shazam to the other kids.

And let's not beat around the bush. Sivana is essentially Black Adam for all intents and purposes. I dunno why DC went with Sivana and not Black Adam as obviously intended, but whatever.

He looks fucking retarded with that neck. It's way too skinny in comparison to the body.

correct, I don't know
Agatha is bigger than the rest of us
do you get these from /r9k/?

Yep black panther was the last marvel film i have seen and will probably be the last one i see.

The movie was Mediocre as fuck and paled in comparison to the likes of Winter Soilder,Civil War and Iron Man 1.

shits just lame and same old reused trops,origin stories, and lame as jokes/quips that arent even funny anymore.

These movies seem more and more like SNL skits every year

Too bad that's not the shazam in the movie.... would of been awesome if we got the kingdom come shazam.

Shazam is infinitely better than Captain Marvel.

True. And the sky is blue. Still, it's not a high mark. All that Captain Marvel has going for it is the aggressive marketing.

Good variant, but needs more ReviewScrewing to make it palatable.

DC has been dumb for years. Marvel is at least entertaining.

>>DC movies are terribly made but are so full of soul.
>>Bad movies can be brilliant

DCCucks try harder.

For the last 5 years DC has done nothing but make shitty versions of Marvel movies.

The virgin man babies loved it.

You're not wrong. What I'm waiting to see is how they bring Black Adam into this, whether they'll find him imprisoned in the Rock of Eternity or he's currently sealed away in a tomb somewhere. Unlike Sivana who's a guy who approaches magic from a scientific perspective, I'd like to see Black Adam represent that "Old Time Religion," remind people that there are faiths in the world far older than the ones we're familiar with. He could come back and start setting himself up as a god-king/pharaoh.

I guess I was never a big fan of Captain Marvel/Shazam, but the mythos of it is really cool in all of it's Golden Age ridiculousness. And I would like the future movie to embrace it. And this movie hints at much larger world at display - like the scene with the Doors and "alligators" playing poker.
At this point they can do whatever they want with this story. I really wonder how Mr Mind and Black Adam are going to translate themselves into a big screen - especially Mr Mind. He's such a ridiculous concept that you can go completely off the wall with this character.

I love Mr. Mind. He's one of those characters that can straddle the line between funny and creepy. I had a friend ask me why a telepathic worm needs a translator/speaker to communicate. I told him, "Remember that scene from Dogma where the Metatron explains why God has to speak to mortals through him? Like that."

That's the route I'd take.

>tfw it took you 10 years to figure out that mr. mind is a wordplay on "mastermind".

I guess now I know where the comicbook fans=idiots stereotype comes from.

They hinted at black Adam when the wizard says they had a champion that used his powers for revenge my guess is he's sealed much like the sins were.

Yeah, that was 100% Black Adam. I just wonder how are they going to make him distinct from movie Sivana, because for an average movie-goes he is just yet another dude with powerset similar to Shazam/Sivana. And that's a repeat.

And for me personally - fuck Black Adam. I would rather have Mr Mind as a next villain.

>people unironically defending shazam because "my multimillion company is better than your multimillion company"
Imagine being this much of a slave mentally. I'm not even assuming you guys are paid shills, but honestly, it would be better if you were. At least you would be doing it for money, but you're doing it FOR FREE.
What do you gain from defending a terrible movie? Is your sole identity based so much around a brand that you feel insulted whenever someone mentions a bad thing abouit it?
Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Attached: yukariSIP.png (750x749, 381K)

I would like Mr. Mind and Sivana to be the ones who free Adam, looking to empower Sivana through a different route, trying to steal his magic through tech, sort of like Mr. Mind hinted at.

Then I would like them to fuck up and accidentally unleash him, neatly leading into a Superman sequel guest-starring Billy.

I'm waiting to hear the bad thing.

I'm glad you asked
First and foremost, let's take in mind that it's a kid's movie, so inconsistencies are not too much of a problem. But damn, Shazam really doesn't know when to stop:
>characters are entirely one-dimensional, either really good or really bad. since there are so many characters only a couple of them get a decent personality
>billy is a hurt asshole until he meets his real mom and the script switches his personality 180º. "my mom is shit so i better go with these people who I met 5 days ago"
>everything about sivana is stupid: his family couldn't possibly be that bad but for dramatic effect, he couldn't be so obsessed over the mage in the room without accidentally writing the seven symbols seven times, his powers have a very stupid weakpoint which would be inmune if he had half a brain
>the other part of the villain, the deadly sins, terrible. like doomsday all over again. not because of the terrible CGI, but because they are standard CGI mass produced monsters that pose no real threat to anyone, except maybe push a ferris wheel
>the only funny scenes are in the trailers. "billy gets hurt" is not funny when you do it for the 10th time in a row
>foster kids getting superpowers is epic and all, but now the DCU has to write-in 6 superman-like characters when considering a story
Defend this

I wonder if we'll ever get Blaze and Satanus. That could be fun.

I'm at work and don't have time to write entire essays, but just a few selected:
>his powers have a very stupid weakpoint which would be inmune if he had half a brain
That's why he takes great care not to release all the Sins at once. Shazam figures it out and exploits that. Also, as hinted million times before, the Sins fuck him over the minute he expects it the most.
>but now the DCU has to write-in 6 superman-like characters when considering a story
We already have Kryptonians, Amazons, Atlanteans, a demigodess running around - six kids with vaguely Superman powers is nothing new at this point.
>the only funny scenes are in the trailers. De gustibus and all that. I found the humor well done.
>billy is a hurt asshole until he meets his real mom and the script switches his personality 180º.
You can see the hints of him wanting a family from the start. It's just he refuses to acknowledge that - like in the scenes with Darla, because he's obsessed with his mother. It's a decent character development.

I wasn't expecting there to be multiple Shazams but I know nothing about this character, seems like one is powerful enough.

>since there are so many characters only a couple of them get a decent personality
Ok, I'll give you that one. That's my gripe with the movie. Eugene and Pedro barely interact with Billy. It's mostly either Freddie or Mary - the latter especially in the third act when she becomes Shazam's "second in command" - and sometimes Darla. Pedro and Eugene just "exist".

this, it's sough laughably pathetic to see the mouse/dc shill shit play out, what happened?

>9 year olds?
Shazam/Captain Marvel is literally a power fantasy for children, since Billy Batson is a child. If any superhero can get away with the silliness of superhero movies, it's Shazam/Captain Marvel.

Being better than shit is not an accomplishment.

Attached: 1541676987449.jpg (176x287, 6K)

Are posts like this sincere or pretending to be retarded?

Capeshit should be dumb
Blame Nolan for trying to elevate it beyond campy trash

>Is it just me, or is capeshit getting dumber and dumber?
It's just you that's getting dumber and dumber. Trust me.

Is this guy wearing mascara?

Attached: 1554608805090.jpg (912x707, 134K)

>characters are entirely one-dimensional, either really good or really bad. since there are so many characters only a couple of them get a decent personality
I’d say five of them do - Billy, Freddie, Sivana, Mary, and Darla. Honestly, I was impressed they were fleshed out to the degree that they were.

>billy is a hurt asshole until he meets his real mom and the script switches his personality 180º."my mom is shit so i better go with these people who I met 5 days ago"
Billy was pushing away what he was being offered to chase after a fantasy. He’s wise enough to realize that. That’s sort of the point of him handing off compass to her.

>everything about sivana is stupid: his family, etc.
Sivana’s cartoonishly evil family has been a staple of the comics for the entirety of their existence. Writing the symbols seven times is one thing. Writing them on a portal/door is another. Remember, Sivana’s “door” was in a car. Unlike Billy, Sivana wasn’t just empowered, he was “possessed,” not in perfect control of the forces empowering him. Billy exploited that.

>the deadly sins
Those things ate a whole roomful of people. They’re essentially Gremlins and I loved them for that. Unlike Doomsday, their goal isn’t simply destruction. An extincting us isn’t their goal; corrupting is.
>funny scenes are in the trailers
There were tons of funny scenes not in the trailers. The scene with the security guard was my favorite. Followed by the montage of video clips.

>foster kids getting superpowers is epic and all, but now the DCU has to write-in 6 superman-like characters when considering a story
Unlike Superman, they’re not super all the time, and don’t even have his super-senses when they are. To respond to a crisis, they’d have to be aware of it first.

That would be amazing.

It was actually good. I dont even like capeshit.

>Trump invented shithole
its a pretty british thing to say actually. fucking americans.

>snaps fingers in endgame
>all capeshit ends
>cut to black
>the end text shows up

/ourguy/ thanos will kill every last avenger pls

Attached: IMG_1147.jpg (1024x559, 42K)

Yeah. This movie is strange like that. Capeshit movies no longer excite me, with them being so many of, but Shazam kinda reminded me why I liked them back in the day. It does not pretend it's smarter or deeper than it is. It's ridiculous, but sincere about it and desperate for you to have fun. Strangely, it works.

>Unlike Superman, they’re not super all the time, and don’t even have his super-senses when they are. To respond to a crisis, they’d have to be aware of it first.

could even throw in the old power sharing thing billy, mary and freddy had if they really needed to keep them from destroying anything and everything in their path. until they face black adam or someone they're not going to realise they're splitting billy's power between the six of them since they won't have any point of comparison and billy's barely scratched the surface of his abilitie

holy shit this man is fucking hysteric

This as well.

snydershit was just as dumb if not more so
dark and edgy does not equal deep or serious, brainlet

t. feared what he did not understand

You certainly sound very dumb.

Im an MCU guy and I loved this movie. I hope we get a sequel.

>BvS: WAAAHHHH ITS TOO SMART AND SERIOUS

Noone outside of DCfans have ever claimed BvS was smart in any way

>Thicczilla.

Attached: ux2p33sv30jz.jpg (1200x500, 54K)

Not gonna lie, former DC fan here. This is fucking hilarious watching DC crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't hand these guys the reign over the box office.

Those are some big hips.

Attached: CEBC8742-146E-4ACC-BFEB-0169E0962E79.jpg (1229x692, 124K)

OK, take your pick:

>Smart and Serious
>Grimdark and edgy
>Joyless and colorless
>Pretentious and pseudo-intellectual

These are all the varying criticisms we’ve heard, regardless of how self-contradictory they may be, and no matter which you choose, they all reveal you as hypocrites for bashing on this film.

Literally the chad capeshit of the decade. Mousecucks can keep seething.

what did he mean by that

daily reminder that Zachary Levi is actually not jewish at all, Levi is actually his middle name, he is of welsh descent and is Christian as fuck. BASED

LIGHT
LIGHTNING FROM MY HANDS
LIGHTNING FROM MY HANDS
LIGHTNING FROM MY HAAAAAAAANDS

Attached: B3CD18A4-5854-4CAA-A27B-BDA103D72AF8.jpg (2048x838, 315K)

It is out of necessity because literally half of the movies that come out are capeshit. Not enough capeshit writers to go around I'd assume

S E E T H I N G

It's almost like it's about a 14 year old boy.

Let me help you out.

Attached: capeshittier.jpg (1320x845, 357K)

Yeah dude, you are right, shit is sonfucking dumb.

So, you don't have a problem with every Marvel hero being the same one-dimensional quipping character?

>>characters are entirely one-dimensional, either really good or really bad
stopped reading right there

The much more interesting question should be, would an adult-brain woman regressing into a pre-pubescent body be legal?

I never understood that line.

I've never seen any but I hate it so much.

they only person not laughing in the theatre was some fat asian on his phone the whole movie

its ok if you didn't like Shazam! it just means you are of mediocre intelligence, or suffer from generic retardation.

Anyone felt like this was a modern day Turbo Man for today’s kids? The whole holiday theme, the plastic looking costume, the goofy adult star. It just had a similar vibe to it.

Found the Disney shill.

It just kills you that this movie is going to succeed on merits alone. No buying tickets for the DCEU.

It legitimately was one of the best times I’ve had at the movies in years. Not saying it’s the best *movie*, mind you, just a simple, sweet story very well executed with nice, organic humor.

This whole cast was killing it.

yeah the highbrow audience is clearly what this film is going for.

/pol/ has lost its last brain cell and is now just pushing random words together

daily reminder that DC is going to end the far left propaganda centric flick business with just two syllables
say the world, feel the power
Shazam!

Attached: 1542306981376.jpg (1000x1000, 151K)

can't wait for Shazam! 2 with Black Adam as the villain, portrayed by Joaquin Phoenix (of Joker fame)
>BLACK Adam
>white
i can sense the SEETHING snowflakes already

Seriously, if 10 years ago someone told me that people will be hyped about Shazam! movie and at the same time nobody would care about Superman I would've asked them for the number to their drug dealer. It's a bizarro world we live in.

Attached: grace_fulton_being_a_dork.jpg (475x800, 37K)

Fuck yeah, man.

Not gonna happen. Dwayne Johnson is already cast as Black Adam.

Stop with the Gracefu pictures. I didn’t think I could fall for her any harder.

he's been a fantasy cast for like 10 years. it'll never happen. like defoe's joker.

>Shazam
>A movie made for 9 year olds that 9 year olds enjoy

>Captain Marvel
>A movie made for full grown woman with the brain of a 9 year old, that none of them enjoyed because women hate watching other women

Captain Marvel is now rotten on RT, since Disney stopped paying them to block negative reviews. Ooops.

twitter.com/Mister_BatfIeck/status/1115002082044432384

He sounds pretty fucking sure about him being Black Adam.

Why is there a refrigerator to his right?
Is that where they keep the beer?

"Gather the mutts"

WOULD

Oh, you and me both, bro.

I can't wait to see Mr.Mind in 2

Can I ask why the fuck this fucking board still defends any iteration of capeshit?

To upset you.

Now just give me Barbara Gordon/Batgirl, Raven and Red Hood in future DC movies and I'm happy. DC seems really good in making good movies for obscure and unpopular heroes - like Aquaman, Shazam and arguably Wonder Woman. It's with the bigwigs they keep fucking it up.

birdbrain not every movie involving a superhero has to automatically be shit. This is how dumb people think.