Itt movies that aged like wine

A chianti perhaps?

Attached: The_Silence_of_the_Lambs_poster.jpg (220x326, 82K)

Great movie. Why was it so good Yea Forums?

10/10 movie. A monument to quality writing and filmmaking.

Attached: 220px-2001_A_Space_Odyssey_(1968).png (220x329, 105K)

wrong
water is wet

Not a lot of "critics" liked this movie when it first came out, but watch it today and it easily surpasses today's superhero films.

Attached: blade_ver1_xlg.jpg (1001x1500, 190K)

Only in effects really.
The set and hairstyling still looks like a 60s movie

Based.

Would find it funny if Blade appeared in the Avengers Endgame post credits, bringing it somewhat full circle.

redpill me on these films and the Hannibal series. Also should I read the books?

Attached: Hannibal.jpg (1920x1080, 357K)

Based

cinematography is kino, too.

Silence of the Lambs is amazing. Great film with some great performances. Everything after that is pretty meh. The books are ok.

Why does black panther get praised as a "triumph for black people in cinema" but blade came first and was far superior? Even blade trinity was better than black panther. Pretty sure even racists can respect blade lol.

Like some of the anons in this thread said, SotL is one of the best crime thriller movies ever made. Definitely a must watch.
Hannibal is bad, but also enjoyable if you watch it ironically.
Red Dragon is very good, and I prefer this version of Will Graham over the one in the TV show.
Hannibal Rising is 'so bad it's good' bad. You literally see young Hannibal Lecter as a fedora edgelord weeb. Again, watch it ironically.

TV series, imo, is overrated. It's beautifully shot and directed even by TV show standards, but it's also a lacking in plot and relies too much on the aforementioned visuals and abstract sequences to grasp your attention.

First three books are good. Lambs and Red Dragon are good films. The bad thing's the origins/prequel story Hanniba Rising, in both book and movie form. Havent seen the tv show.

Series is excellent. 12/10 season 2 finale. Red Dragon is a great novel. Silence wasn't bad.

silence of the lambs is shit, red dragon is shit, you're shit, and manhunter is the best :)

oh look the contrarian is right on time

Billy is not a real transsexual. But he thinks he is. He tries to be. He's tried to be a lot of things, I expect.
>You said that I was very close to the way we would catch him. What did you mean?
There are three centres for transsexual surgery: Johns Hopkins, the University of Minnesota and Columbus Medical Centre. I wouldn't be surprised if Billy had applied for sex reassignment at all of them and been rejected.
>On what basis would they reject him?
Look for severe childhood disturbances associated with violence. Our Billy wasn't born a criminal, Clarice. He was made one through years of systematic abuse. Billy hates his own identity, you see, and he thinks that makes him a transsexual. But his pathology is a thousand times more savage and more terrifying.

contrarian? Check RT zoomer

still looks great imo

Attached: 1239812789417234.jpg (1840x2820, 381K)

Manhunter is soulless and boring. It's shot and filmed like a TV production.

Red Dragon is unironically better in every way.

The Red Dragon book is brilliant. Maybe I just got too attached to Will but I lost interest in the book series gradually after he stopped being the protag. The rest of the books are decent though and still kept my attention enough to want to finish everything.

Manhunter's an interesting movie, I was not fond of the Red Dragon film though, or the remainder of them. Haven't seen the TV show

>Check RT

Attached: 1505436546044.jpg (639x475, 18K)

Aged better than the book, which is weird because this is a really close adaptation.

Season finale of season 2 alone makes it worth watching the TV show, but the whole series is good.
It has a different appeal if you compare it with SotL, it's a dialogue-based show with very beautiful photography.

blade is the epitome of cool, its so fucking awesome

the camera filter created a nice atmosphere troughout the film

Attached: 440150DD-A270-47DF-B649-42F2DD0151F4.jpg (960x1440, 113K)

>great screenplay
>great atmosphere
>great villain
>shot on film
woah it's a mystery why's it so good

More like it aged like shit. Loomis is a meme character that drags the film down with his pointless monologues. Completely unnecessary archnemesis with his scenery-chewing, comic-book tier lines. Would have been so much better if it was just about Michael stalking young girls

Second movie is better.

If this came out today no one would know it is an 18 year old film (except for the twin towers scenes I guess). Watched it a few weeks ago and the cgi shames modern flicks.

Attached: AI_2001_film.jpg (1920x1080, 246K)

And that’s why they made Jason for brainlets like you

It looks like old 1960s sci fi. Try again.

Yeah whatever pleb, I'm a Black Christmas fag through and through

Attached: black_christmas.jpg (375x537, 99K)

It looks better than most 90s sci-fi flicks, bitch. It aged like wine. Lambs looks 90s, nobody is claiming it looks current, they're saying it aged like wine.

Oh, a pretentious “I like sophisticated horror” because I pretend to like Black Christmas.

>pretentious
>you only pretend to like that movie
Jesus christ, please kill yourself

Arguably the most well directed and beautifully shot TV show of all time. Season 2 finale is bar none the best episode in television history. Season 1 is meh, season 2 is exceptional, season 3 starts of meh but turns into greatness.

One of the most beautiful films I've watched

Brendan Fraser's the mummy

Silence of the Lambs is great, Manhunter is great, the books are okay and the rest is shit.

This. Bad post.

>The set and hairstyling still looks like a 60s movie
And?

Attached: 1552192847886.png (480x480, 92K)

Movies don't age, I want this meme to die

>It didn't age well
>It's dated
>Too cheesy
Anyone who says shit like this unironically should be hanged

That means it didn't age like wine, dumb nigger

Oh no, the hairstyles and clothes didn't look like 2000s era clothes? They didn't perfectly predict exactly what people would wear in current year? Ugh, it aged like milk. Those 60s fashions really take me out of the movie and ruin suspension of disbelief

Yea but that's like comparing a gold nugget to shit.
Constantine is another great super hero movie.

Attached: 3q28_8267[1].jpg (300x425, 35K)

>It looks better than most 90s sci-fi flicks, bitch
You're the bitch you fat ass faggot pussy

Attached: Independence_day.jpg (248x350, 29K)

That movie I made of your mom pooping!
jk,bro.
Everybody know moms don't poop.

aging like wine means that it still tastes good, not that it looks like it came out this year.

Nah, Wesley Snipes is too unlikable. Every second he was on screen I wanted someone to kick his shit in. They should have cast Michael Jai White instead

I always thought the original Alien aged well. Except for the dated computers and shit it looks like a 90s movie.

spidey 1 & 3

Attached: 3452512.jpg (800x1200, 402K)