Marvel's Captain Foot Fungus

Now that the dust has settled and the shitstorm has passed,
What did you honestly think about the movie, for those who watched it?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 10.03.00 PM.png (716x564, 408K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0PoL6bimBng
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Easily the worst MCU movie, weakest main character, villain, dialogue, side characters. At least Thor 2 and Iron Man 2 had Loki and RDJ being entertaining.

What about the plot with the Skrulls being a bait and switch?
Was it executed properly?

I'll tell you what I think right now.
Have sex.

Attached: 0eb.jpg (768x1024, 90K)

>defending this garbage

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 10.03.23 PM.png (792x661, 167K)

I liked it and I learned Marvel films.
I literally hate every Disney Marvel film, but this was okay.
Though I have a soft spot for Brie Larson because of Scott Pilgrim.
She was so hot in that.
Mind the tumblr filename, I did a quick search.

Attached: tumblr_macih7UldM1qhy9xio5_250.gif (245x133, 831K)

No. It quite literally made no sense. Its like Rian Johnson's subverting of expectations. You build them up as the antagonist and then nope, they were Mexicans all along you Trump America Nazi 1488 right-alt blue men scum!

Since you're offering...

It was another average MCU capeshit. It wasn’t horrible or great, it was just fine. The only memorable thing about it was the Skrull plot twist. I would probably rank it above The Incredible Hulk, but below Iron Man 3.

Attached: Brother.jpg (400x382, 23K)

no one here saw it. we just post about the money it made

>honestly
I think it was a very mediocre movie, with a bland main character (not the actress, the character) that barely changes through the film. There's no emotion, no drama elements, no evoltion apart from the "I unlocked my powers" thing.
The realisation is unispired and lacks of imagination, the music is shallow and the action scenes are not epic. The cat was annoying, Samuel Jackson too (mostly because of how he interacts with the cat), and his character became a buffoon.
It's the worse MCU movie so far, hands down. Almost everything is mediocre, all the time.

The best part of the film was Ben Mendelsohn, without a doubt.
That movie is a terrible missed opportunity and a poorly made, boring origin story for a boring character.

Attached: b329a9fc-2ab2-44af-a02f-da186796857a.jpg (700x350, 58K)

It was ok.

My only real gripe is that Brie looks like she about to explode from some sort of bottled up frustration, and it doesn't feel like it's part of the act. It's bleeding in from her civil/personal life. Her body language is incredibly rigid.

I understand that she hates white men, but she should go into a forest and scream for 6 hours or stop being an actor. It's affecting her otherwise potentially good performance, which helps neither her, nor me, no any kind of agenda. Deal with it in an intelligent way. Do fucking yoga. This is especially important if she wants to be a female role model. Don't be a model of hate.

Attached: room.jpg (620x400, 115K)

It was complete trash and the way she beat Yon rogg was the cuntiest thing I've ever seen

What the fuck has happened to watching movies? Just go in be entertained or dont and leave. You don't need to be neurotic as fuck about it. Save that for your work.

t. Boomer/zoomer/niggerfaggot

This. There was so much cheering and clapping from girls and basedboys when she beat him.

>The cat was annoying
I went to see the movie last night, and everyone in the theater was laughing hysterically at every cat scene. It wasn't funny at all.

Attached: 1499442585613.png (728x522, 277K)

Painfully mediocre movie. The only ones who did a good performance were Samuel l Jackson, jude law and ben mendelsohn. Brie larson was the most horrendous miscast they could have ever done tho

It was a solidly average popcorn flick. My "feminist" girlfriend who thought all the neckbeards were exaggerating the WYMEN POWERFUL shit in this movie literally laughed out loud when that shit happened on screen. Even more so about the refugee stuff.

Thank god thanos nerfs her almost immediately in the next movie

>Brie larson was the most horrendous miscast they could have ever done tho
This. This is the only real miscast in the entire MCU, men included. I don't know what they were thinking.

It was literally a cat doing normal cat stuff. I can't even fathom what they thought was hilarious (other than that part where hes being sucked against the wall when the ship takes off. I chuckled sensibly.

Are you saying you don't look forward to her appearing in 6-7 more movies after Endgame? That she shall become the new main character and face of MCU, replacing Iron Man?

Attached: brie-larson-wants-diversity-in-film-critics.jpg (2000x1331, 389K)

Im fairly certain a large amount of marvel fans are bailing after end game. I know I mostly am.

Because Brie thinks CapeShit is beneath her
Which it is but don't take a paycheck if you don't want to do the movie

I think she is in serious danger of tanking the franchise if they don't write her to become more likeable in future movies (or just reduce her role)

>Are you saying you don't look forward to her appearing in 6-7 more movies after Endgame?
That's exactly what I'm saying. I'll probably drop the MCU after Endgame, except for the Guardians of the Galaxy 3

youtube.com/watch?v=0PoL6bimBng

Good but underwheling. Brie was cute when they didn't have her in winter soldier mode, good chemistry with SLJ and her lfriend, Mendelson skrull and the cat were fun. Weird they didn't dig much into the strong weeman themes, just like 10 seconds flashbacks. A linear storyline would have done wonders for the script. Btw was the daddy kree gay too?

writers were doing it for TV shows in the 50s

>no Black Widow solo movie in 10 years
>no Scarlet Witch solo movie
>no War Machine solo movie
>Cpt Fungus comes from nowhere and we should all love her
Fuck that

Attached: Wanda.jpg (1520x760, 323K)

>those who watched it
literally nobody did. it was 100% empty theaters bought by disney

It wasn't as bad as TV was making it out to be but it was boring. If it had better action that would have helped but overall the story is just boring.

Scarlet Johanson and Elizabeth Olsen apparently pissed that Captain Marvel got her solo movie before they did, especially so close to the end. And there are rumors that some of the actors didn't like working with Brie.

I hope it's true

Everything around Brie Larsen was great. Loved the supporting cast, young Fury, the Rambeau's, the adventure story was decent, I had to look up 'Brie Larsen wins an oscar' so I am tempted to say she can't be solely responsible for the weird performance, maybe it was script revisions or direction, but there were three Carol's:

>Vulcan Carol: She's trying to keep her emotions in check to be Kree. Comedy comes from her deadpan delivery and costars trying to remind her of humanity. Her conflict comes from embracing her emotions and by transition, her humanity. Some writer watched Star Trek Discovery and just said 'let's steal the main character of a Star Trek series, maybe no one will notice'.

>Mork from Ork Carol: She's quirky and doesn't know our earth ways and keeps expecting earthlings to understand alien things to hilarity. Her conflict comes from discovering her past and realizing she is not an outsider.

>Confident snarky Carol: She's quick with the comeback and uses the lingo like she never left earth or had amnesia. Her conflict comes from turning on her oppressors after learning the truth, finding her own identity.

If you pick one of these and stay consistent, you can have a solid protagonist. None of these are three are compatible with each other.

Casting couch after the producer saw her fappening pics? Or Kevin fiege new lover?

Watched it last night finally, it was average so I enjoyed it. I'm surprised nobody talks about how carol danvers has autism

>Scarlet Johanson and Elizabeth Olsen apparently pissed that Captain Marvel got her solo movie before they did,

No, they aren't.

It's not.

Why the fuck would anyone unironically watch this garbo

Yes, they are. I am right. You are wrong.

It had a good story but it was ruined by those cheap comedy one liners. Also the entire end fight was really stupid from the point where she developed her powers to that space shit.

But the best scene was the montage of her iterations throughout the past getting up, but then they had to ruin that emotional scene too with a stupid quip at the end.

So in general, a good idea ruined by the marvel formula, I was expecting the entire thing to be shit but it wasn’t that bad.

Ben Mendelsohn was the best part of the movie.

nice reddit screencap faggot

I honestly thought it was fucking boring, on the level of Thor 2, and it's almost all on Larson and the inordinate amount of focus she gets at the expense of every other aspect of the movie
I don't think Brie Larson is necessarily a terrible actress, but her character had a significant lack of definition and direction, to the point that it's impossible to care about her on a personal level when the movie so clearly wants you to. It's like they came up with the amnesiac angle, and expected that single character detail to carry her for the entire movie. She's just kind of snarky and bitchy the entire time, even when she's supposed to be a brainwashed alien soldier with next to no emotions, and so there's never this feeling that you're along for the ride when she rediscovers who she was and what she used to be like, because as far as we can tell she's always been like this and the absence of all of her memories didn't really matter. I'm not sure if it was meant to be endearing, but the way she constantly talks down to Samuel L. Jackson was infuriating, like watching a little kid fuck with a teacher who can't do anything without getting fired, so he just sort of sits there and takes it. He at least comes of as a likable person, but it's nowhere near enough to make up for Larson's utter lack of charisma, and his fascination with that fucking cat felt like fan fiction because they so clearly wanted the cat to be some kind of fan favorite character, even though it had maybe 180 seconds of screen time in the entire movie

I literally forgot anything about it.

It was mediocre, definitely on the lower end of the MCU. I expected Captain Marvel herself to be fucking awful but she wasn't so bad, I was more annoyed with Fury desu.

I expect the Russos to fix her in Endgame honestly