GRRM would be the sort to make a power-ranking of his characters

2 hands > 1 hand

Prime Jaime wouldn't even beat Aragorn at his lowest

gayragorn is ugly so he would lose

Book or Show Aragorn?

Based and numenorpilled

Aragorn isn’t even that good

I dont't know about fictional characters, but I would put my money on Viggo

It's not even a fair fight, Aragorn has 8 decades of training and is a literal superhuman.

Jamie would have got fucked up at Amon's hen, even Aragorn barely survived it & got thrown around & cut up by Uruk Hai

Reminder that GRRM also think that it was Her time and that people with opposite political conviction should not be able to write and publish books.

Martin is a fucking hack who masks his crest and cooking books for fantasy novels, and ends every single book on dumbshit plot twist that has zero relevance to anything in the next books.
Also reminder that there will never be another book because he never mentally recovered from 2016, because he is by far worse spastic than King or Rowling.

hes a superhuman, 0 shot he'd lose to jaime fuckin lannister. even with both hands jamie never beat anyone that strong in got

>muh power rankings

Book Aragorn > Book Jamie > Show Jamie = Show Aragorn

Probably Aragorn, numenorean stock, has fought in several wars and innumerable skirmishes. Taught by the elf lord of rivendell from a young age. Book Jaime is good, but it's an unfair comparison because Aragorn is literally beyond peak human shape with almost a century of experience

What are you talking about? I like NCW but he looks like a fucking toddler with a sword, compare to how confident and fluid Viggo is. Viggo perfectly encapsulates Aragorn, sword fighting and all.

>Leader of Men
>Descendant of a race of Ubermenschen
>87 years old with tonnes of experience
>Waged war against a source of Evil and Power so cunning that could make the whole of GoTverse his bitch my his manipulation powers alone
>Fought all kinds of monsters and survived: From bloodthirsty hordes of Orcs, to savage Men, to huge Trolls and brutish Uruk-Hai
>Bested by incestous Prince Charming in a fight with swords according to the bastard brother of Santa Claus

Attached: Elessar.jpg (1216x1487, 206K)

Either Aragorn could take either Jaime. Hell real life Viggo Mortensen could probably beat Jaime

>my fictional superhero would totally win against your fictional superhero

Attached: 1519626027593.png (703x739, 78K)

Aragorn is of ancient Númenórean blood and has the Star of Elendil watching over him

Can you even imagine the One Ring loose in Westeros? They'd roll over for Sauron

Yeah but he's a virgin lol

Aragorn isn't even human

Aragorn vs Achilles

Attached: 8D43CE45-04BC-4E88-9A2B-FC8040837D18.jpg (800x800, 184K)

As all decent unmarried men should

I know its unrealistic but i really love how they choreographed achilles in troy, made him look larger than life while being somewhat grounded in reality

>knows Aragorn has no tax policy
>but doesn't know he's also a ubermensch, 7ft tall with the strength of 4 normal men and has been a warrior for like 100+++ years

classic hack fraud

Westeros would go out like Numenor within the week, the One Ring would never have known such fertile ground. Shit pretty much most of the cast would be apt ringwraiths.

Who paid more taxes?

Arwen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(............)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cersei

Attached: 69e48d24090ad48d739bc34fd3c235fa.jpg (768x1024, 93K)

>Show Jamie = Show Aragorn
I'd like to see Jaime fight off a fucking troll

Attached: aragorn vs troll.png (960x470, 532K)

>pretty boy fencer vs superhuman demigod
ok George

Viggo was trained by the swordmaster who did most of Hollywood's early swordfighting movies (star wars original trilogy highlander etc) and he was quoted as saying viggo was the best student he ever trained
He would wipe the floor with that swede.

Is Anduril peak sword design?

They're both danes

this is about character ability, not the actors playing them

It's still incest though

Why are danes so handsome?

Yeah, and in the show Jaime more or less tied with Ned and got absolutely btfo by Brienne. In the book Brienne was put on the defensive by the ferocity and skill of a starved Jaime, while in the show she literally btfos him the second someone else shows up, meanwhile Aragorn is cutting through swaths of uruk-hai, orcs, holds his own against ringwraiths and fights a troll by himself.

I wonder if Viggo got to keep Anduril. I know he adopted his horse but what about the sword?

>neckbeards unironically think some random faggot with no professional training and average equipment would beat a professionally trained duelist who joined the King's Guard at age fucking 15

Barring any superpowers or outside influence, based solely on swordsmanship, Jamie Lannister defeats Aaragorn every time and if you disagree you're a contrarian virgin.

Attached: 1530066704465.jpg (225x210, 10K)

I dare say yes.

Attached: 1469145298418.jpg (2000x2000, 485K)

I prefer Glamdring. Leaf blades do things to me.

No, with 62-64 generations apart they're not closley related.
I don't think there's a culture on earth where it would be deemed incest.
Wouldn't surprise me if the average native person who's fucked another native has commited the same kind of "incest" without knowing about it.

underrated

i never watched lord of the fart because it looks boring
dont kill me

Bad bait

*kills you*

Attached: 1526942542941.jpg (183x250, 7K)

Imagine sucking Aragorn off while Jaime fucks your boihole. Unf.

the poverty and moral decay of westeros and the lack of virtuous people essentially makes it a full of niggers

Aragon wins, because he's basically barristan selmy if he aged at half the rate of normals

>7ft tall
You high nigga?

aragorn could probably beat jaime unarmed

DETH

Attached: 1554537480726.gif (376x320, 451K)

What tactical advantage does this pose provide where you literally have one hand behind your back.

You'd be going like "wtf are you doing" and then he kills you

>not fighting in the shade

Attached: King Leonidas.gif (500x216, 748K)

Literally who cares

Yeah they straddled the line between mythology and reality really well. Achilles isn't actually immortal, he's just so good that nobody is able to kill him.

He's a fat butterball that injects 20th century politics into his "realistic" early modern fantasy and deslite being le ebin taxman, has a very teneuous grasp on 15th culture,history, or politics. Ironically this wouldn't be that bad a problem if he just "owned" the fact that he's writing a complete fantasy novel and just kept things self-consistent.

in reality it probably does nothing useful, in theory I guess its a starting stance that makes it easier to flip into some fairly retarded choreography
I still like Troy tho even if its slow and a bit dull, its got a nice aesthetic to look at. We need more historical movies, Scipio Africanus vs Hannibal when

This is what infuriates me most about GRRM fans, they think his portrayal of a medieval society is realistic, to the point it's literally what hes known for, while Tolkien is known for being a "fantasy writer", meanwhile in reality Tolkien had a better grasp of medieval societies than GRRM has ever shown in his writing.

Tony Vallelonga would kick Jaime's ass for sure

Attached: 5c6ed192-e844-11e8-9c62-f04be035d9f3.jpg (2413x1200, 1.48M)

A better question is who if any in GOT could be a worthy ring bearer?
Nobody can get it all the way without divine assistance nudging the scales, but who might not go full Ringwraith the moment they encounter it?

GRRM doesn't seem to get that LotR is like it's own universe's migration era european heroic legend (though the "parable" is very catholic rather than Germanic pagan)

I don't even think about this sort of scenarios, why do people do this ? It feels like a waste of time to even argue "here's why Goku would beat Superman" or "here's why Saitama would beat Goku". Just why ?

Attached: 1550917124815.png (543x443, 19K)

Eowyn > Arwen > Cercei > Daenerys > Eowyn's cooking

It's dick swinging, the nigger knows he's invincible

Aren't LotR characters like super powered demigods?

Based Numenorian Chads knowing that taxation is theft

look at that tasteful thickness. my god, it even has elvish inscribed.

No but Aragorn is

Attached: spongebeard.jpg (380x347, 12K)

What are the weak points for the ring to get you? Jon is good but he has a lot of pride so I think he's out. The fat boy who isn't Samwise Gamgee maybe?

I'm not sure.
The ringbearer wasn't even human, and even Boromir was tempted just being in the fellowship.
Characters like Ned(lol), Jon, Selmy, and maybe blackfish could probably compose themselves in the fellowship, but I'm not sure if any of them could carry the ring.

Nordics have a nice skull shape. Just the right population level, density distributions, and genetic seperation for a sufficient attractive population to "take root" such that it propogates itself and is not "damaged" by inbreeding (like Iceland - though this is why they're giants) or "diluted out" by the average bland masses.

Current Jaime, Jon, Ned, maybe Arthur Dayne

varys?

I've only seen the show but in the books does GRRM actually talk about tax and the intricacies of running a state?

A troll of Gorgoroth, btw

>a 15th century bodyguard would beat a Beowulf type legendary hero
Think about it logically

Which one had the more successful taxation policy? Everyone knows the only true war is economic

He still wants power, he just thinks he'll do good with it. That's corruptible.

It surely would be a taxing fight for both sides.

Attached: ca.jpg (600x600, 35K)

By 3 degrees of seperation you're about as related as the average population. Of course as there is still an actual direct genetic connection there are still certain genes that you share but any given person doesn't

There's a scene in the first movie where Aragorn does ~30 vs 1 against muscle bound orc freaks and wins while barely even getting a scratch on him. He gets punched maybe one time I can't remember.

In the GoT universe if someone can do a 1v3 they are god tier. Aragon does a 1v30 like it is child's play.

Attached: miller smile.png (475x503, 221K)

Literally only book Stannis has a shot

>Of course as there is still an actual direct genetic connection
What do you mean by actual direct genetic connection?
Aragorn and Arwen share ancestors, just like everyone.

I'm pretty sure the original myth presents it in the classic greek manner of him being invincible more so because the gods favour him and are fucking with the dice. It's a sort of dickhead genie prophecy thing, where no one can actually kill him because Paris is "meant" to, like if someone had a bow aim at his neck the string would snap.

Attached: The Lord of the Rings The Two Towers.(Extended Edition).2002.BDRip.x264.1280x.rip by Frost O.S.mp4_s (1280x534, 336K)

Closest call was when he got dragged by a hyena down the cliff

Aragorn would oneshot Jaime with one swing. But i like Jaime more

Source?

Tolkien actually portrays an early medieval/ migration era society spot on "in universe", if you get me. I can't explain it right, but the prose is "in universe" and thus the lense we view it through is actually akin to the perspective of an actual migration era(ish) legend.

The greasy fat fuck despite putting on the airs of "realistic" "medieval" fantasy is neither, not to mention the fact that book is clearly set in the very late 1400s anyway.

>Aragorn's books
completed
>Jamie's books
will never be completed

Seems cut and dry.
Also, didn't he write a fanfic about Jamie beating Rand Al'thor?

Aragorn's closest calls in the trilogy was:

>Against Lurtz (that knife incident was RL kino btw)
>Against Sarku when that warg dragged him down to that cliff
>Against the Troll Chieftain at the Black Gate when the Troll was ragdolling and pummeling him

Attached: 5288733-aragorn.jpg (640x788, 151K)

I mean aren't they more "linear" than collateral ? Like 5 times great grandfather's brother rather than 73rd cousin. I was more talking about the fact that if you pick two people the TOTAL average amount of similar genes is some percentage, but in a tightly knit often "inbreeding" family it's possible that some genes (possibly deleterious) are "concentrated". I realise I'm expressing this very badly.

Sam

much better question

Sam and Meribald (the septon Brianne travels with for a bit) are the only ones with a shot IMO. Maybe redeemed Hound would also be able to power through on sheer force of will and desire to see it through

Aragorn got his ass kicked by it, would still beat Jaime though

>(that knife incident was RL kino btw)
I just know he got this while filming the Amon Sul

Attached: 19985f20ea1979d80c0d3a3ad9e2a6bc.jpg (500x281, 19K)

>aragorn never got training in sword fighting

based retard

Hes 6'7 or so in the books

Achillies was more superhuman than Aragon. They guy was a demigod and immortal aside from his heel. A pureblooded Numenorian probably could have taken him, but not Aragon.

Tolkein also has a better grasp of war despite the fat fuck saying he does war more realistically despite never actually fighting in one

>I mean aren't they more "linear" than collateral ?
No Aragorn isn't a descendant of Arwen.

Not even a descendant of a sibling of hers.
Aragorn is a descendant of Elros, Elronds brother.

no, that's one of the reasons its so funny

>human vs Dunedain
lol, GRRM a hack!

Aragorn fights like five goddamned ringwraiths at once and survives how the fuck is a regular human gonna be a match for him?

him falling off the cliff was a dumbass addition and was just an excuse to shove more arwen shit in

>Elendil is as tall as book mountain from got

None.
The ring preys on virtues, which is precisely why Hobbits are resilient to its effects. They just want peace and quiet.

GRRM said Gimli could beat the Mountain

>Aragorn vs Jaime Lannister (full appendages)
George R.R. Martin Picks: Jamie

>Smaug vs Balerion
George R.R. Martin Picks: Undecided

>Gimli vs The Mountain that Rides
George R.R. Martin Picks: Gimli

>Saruman vs Melisandre
George R.R. Martin Picks: Saruman

>Frodo vs Tyrion
George R.R. Martin Picks: Tyrion

>Ned Stark vs Boromir
George R.R. Martin Picks: Boromir

Some of these are really fucking stupid, Boromir is arguably a greater warrior than Aragorn Ned wouldn't last a second and don't get me started on Saruman and Melisandre

With Gimli's knowledge of anatomy Mountain couldn't have a chance

Attached: The Lord of the Rings The Two Towers.(Extended Edition).2002.BDRip.mp4_snapshot_03.26.15.jpg (1280x534, 455K)

Men like him and Coster are an extreme rarity among Scandinavians, most are rather displeasing to behold, with narrow dimensions and no sexual dimorphism whatsoever. If it weren't for this globalized fetish for blond hair, they'd again return to their pre-globalization status of being footnotes to the racial history and pedigree of Europe. Nowadays, they also field the narrowest cranial and post-cranial dimensions in Europe.

He didn't defeat it but he did manage to keep it off for several minutes. I reckon Jaime would get crushed within 30 seconds.

If Aragorn is so great, why did they need to make Aragorn II?

Attached: Untitled-6-07689c_Selected.jpg (410x228, 33K)

Arrogance born out of ignorance and lack of wit is what we, the true sons of the Edain, can forgive. This strawhead Middle Man is mere filth in comparison to the king among kings, to the first among the Numenoreans, and would fall like a fly.

Now pay taxes, or end up as rowing slave on the Azrazair, mutt.

Attached: You are nothing.png (453x452, 428K)

You can make tax deductions if you have an heir.

that fat, engorged hack
aragorn is a literal uebermensch, who was at his prime when he was 80+ years old
how the fuck is jaime supposed to beat that?

>Frodo vs Tyrion
Weren't hobbits expert throwers? Not to mention they're way more agile that IRL dwarves. Frodo would just keep his distance and pelt Tyrion with rocks until he K.O.d him. And that's assuming he didn't have his equipment. If he did he could just walk up to Letitsandwine and stab him in the face.
>Smaug vs Balerion
Probably the only interesting matchup. Balerion was big enough to cast a shadow over entire towns while Smaug is also pretty big and covered in shit that makes him nearly impervious to damage. Would still put my money on Smaug though since he's intelligent and Balerion (probably) wasn't

he's a numenoraen ubermensch, what do you expect

this always bothered me
where does gimli's knowledge of anatomy come from? does he have an MD? is he a practicing dwarf nurse?

and how did Middle Earth adopt the Gregorian calendar?

OG big dragon Ancalagon versus all known dragons.

I imagine Dwarves would be the most likely to develop actual scientific medicine.

Houses of healing? Dwarven work

>Smaug vs Balerion
Dragonlets, when will they learn

Attached: Dragon_of_the_First_Age_by_rubendevela-0.jpg (1372x750, 512K)

Checked, though he's definitely at least, 6'6 whereas Boromir is 6'4 (average numenor height). Elendil that nigga was 7'11.

Protecting against nothing personnel

>All that is gold does not glitter,
>Not all those who wander are lost;
>The old that is strong does not wither,
>Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
>From the ashes, a fire shall be woken,
>A light from the shadows shall spring;
>Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
>The crownless again shall be king.

Attached: 1552366622494.jpg (420x420, 33K)

There's probably some anime dragon the size of the galaxy or some shit so all known dragons win. Unless you mean only all dragons from LoTR and GoT in which case Ancalagon probably wins. GoT and Late-Middle-Earth dragons aren't worth mentioning and he can probably one-shot the rest.

he's correct on most accounts, except frod v tyrion
tyrion's a dwarf and therefore has stunted limbs, probably can't move very fast and tires easily
frodo is a scaled down man, so i'd say he's more agile and could probably beat him. then again, tyrion's pretty smart so it could go either way
>Smaug vs Balerion
i'd give it to smaug, because unlike Balerion, who, while very large, is still an animal, albeit one that flies and breathes fire, smaug is a mythical, mystical creature with many powers. so, despite the potential size differential, i'd still give that to smaug

Underrated

>was 7'11
literally what? isnt that giraffe height

That size is silly. He was maybe a tenth that size and just came down like a meteorite, smashing through three mountains before coming to rest.

Giraffes are 15-20ft

>almost same size
>far more intelligent than your average human
>enough strength to cause an earthquake
>low level magic properties
>low level ability to mind fuck
smaug would literally rape balerion to death

have a pitty (you) for your effort

What about inheritance tax?

Naeh giraffes are like 13-20

Elendil the Tall was probably tall for a numenorean descendant even, given the name.

Watch your mouth, dwarf

Attached: 20170616211335-f8452a70-xl.jpg (1030x1280, 318K)

711 is still stupid tall pic related is 7'11

Attached: _76110209_76110208.jpg (640x360, 58K)

Given GoT dragons are animal level intelligence, Smaug's mental powers would probably be enough to swing it on on their own.
He probably wouldn't be able to pull a Glaurung level "kill urself lmao" though.

Shut Up, Nerd! I USE to punch know it alls like you in the gut and still their gameboys.

Daily reminder that book Gimli would BTFO both of these lanklets easily.

>he literally cast a shadow the size of ohio
>destroyed three everest sized mountains
but you're right falling at hypersonic speeds makes more sense

LOTR is the incel one dimensional high fantasy series.
GOT is the Chad, pussy and tiddies low fantasy political thriller series.

Yes. He also had it with him at all times during the filming

That was from the Helm's Deep shoot, user.

Because a scenario with Aragon vs Jaime is funner to think about than the beaten to death concept of POWER LEVELS for planet busting characters like Superman or Goku.

arent all these powers exclusive to the great dragons or did all the dragons have them, i thought glaurung was the last great dragon...

but its not Achilles vs aragorn would be a much better match. this is just a spite thread

Do any Simarillfags know if a Balrog could beat a dragon like Smaug?

They don't, they have their own months.

Smaug definitely had it.
When he's talking to Bilbo, he nearly succeeds in mind fucking him within a few minutes, and probably only failed because he was a hobbit.

But, who has a better sword ? Could Andúril smash Oathkeeper ? Would valyirian steel get cucked ?

no they don't
in the Fellowship of the Ring Gandalf tells Frodo that it's the 24th of October when he wakes up in Rivendell after getting stabbed by the Morgul blade

dragons were literally created to he horses for balrogs. I'll leave it there

I dont see why Song of Ice and Fire is cosnidered more adult because it has gore, sex and political intrigue. Tolkien knew about these things much more than Martin and yet tried to tell a tale that transcended the base desires and failings of human beings. He wanted to tell a tale for the ages which echoed or deepest desires for justice and peace in a fragile world corrupted by evil, whereas Martin wrote a pot boiler to go on the best seller rack.

That's a translation.

no the original myth is that they dunked Achilles in waters that made him immortal.But they dunked everything except his heel.

no it's not
all dates mentioned in lotr use the Gregorian calendar

A horse could probably take it's rider 1v1

Tyrion is practically an acrobat in the books, not so much le tits and wine. It's consistently written how he can tumble and other monkey shit. Not to mention he's had formal training by a master at arms since childhood. Not saying he'd be miracle chil frodo, but I think he has a better chance than you presume.

I'd give Smaug the winning pick over Balerion every time, he has two extra limbs and a much higher intelligence level.

>he has two extra limbs
No he doesn't.

Attached: 87-01-01436_Hobbit_Smaug_The_Terrible_002.jpg (1000x1000, 685K)

The fuck? Aragon is barely human , he's like absolute peak performance in every regard.
Jamie is a very very skilled human but not even the best in his world

In Unfinished Tales, Elendil is described as being half a ranga (ranga is 38") taller than a Numenor man (6'4"), so a foot and 7" taller, thus 7'11. ELENDIL THE LONG-BOI.

Gurm really has a flair for absolute shit names.

Gilly. I'm surprised nobody said Tyrion first thing. For reasons.

I will literally fight every single got nigger on this entire fucking board. Post your contact info and I'll come smash your stupid fucking face in

Attached: images(2).jpg (276x183, 7K)

True, but comparing him to a genius linguist and the father of fantasy conlangs is a bit unfair.

The themes and sensibilities of Tolkien's work are intended to fairly closely resemble those of surviving works from Migration Era Europe. Is that what you mean?

I'd agree wholeheartedly, if it weren't Middle-earth's lack of a direct parallel for the spread of Christianity, the founding of churches across Northern Europe by missionaries granted Papal authority and the expansion of the Roman Rite. Tolkien's landscape, if we imagine it to be analogous to the pre-Christian Anglo-Saxon kingdoms, exists in an odd liminal state wherein the world of Beowulf and the world of Bede are simultaneous and coeval, yet Augustine has not yet sailed to Kent. The Silmarillion presents a creation myth full of Abrahamic overtones, while the great migration from Númenor - a parallel for both the mythical Atlantis and the real Germanic migrations from Jutland, Saxony and Angeln - happened many millennia ago. Yet the real, material cultural effects that the gradual conversion to Christianity by various Anglo-Saxon kingdoms had, as well as the subsequent conflicts with 'pagan' settlers like the Great Heathen Army, are unreflected in Middle-earth. This is Tolkien's concept of 'mythopoeia', of a 'secondary or sub-creational reality', which is not directly allegorical to the history of Tolkien's beloved England and his Catholic faith - in fact the author balked at allegory, especially religious - but instead part of a singular, constructed cultural moment held in stasis and dialectically antithetical to the actual processes of history. This is not a criticism of Tolkien's ability to understand and write history, because it's absolutely intentional - it is this world 'at a different stage of imagination', one that Tolkien drew from his knowledge and understanding of migration Europe, specifically the British Isles. Like all historical readings and perceptions, some elements have been challenged or reinterpreted over time, but the literary value of the exercise is unaltered.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle-earth_calendar

Boromir vs Ned might be a silly match up but there’s a pretty obvious reason why it was chosen.

Based

Not without his able hand he wouldn't

Really? Because the author of the fucking book might disagree with you were he alive. I guess I'll have to call you a dumbass in his place. Smaug has 6 limbs in the book, Tolkien himself illustrated him that way. Go to bed Jackson.

Attached: smaug-drawing-lotr-dragon-10.png (250x146, 13K)

Now that would be a one of the stories that stay with you. Godspeed.
youtube.com/watch?v=A_u9Hc0Yg1o

Yes.

Yes he does

Attached: smaug.jpg (320x188, 9K)

so what you're saying is it's more interesting to write a mythical history that appeals to an imagined audience with 5th century values than it is to write a '''realistic''' history that appeals to a real audience with late 20th/early 21st century values

Tolkien said he was 6’6”, literally as tall as The Hound from the show

No one. Not even anyone in LOTR could bear it. No way any human who isnt lobotomized can.

Attached: 1530740097317.jpg (630x573, 60K)

BASED

Aragorn is like 80 years old, pretty much 60 years old of experience fighting orcs, uruks, trolls, etc. He also is a Dunedain, which means peak human, can't pretty much get tired, etc.

Jaime is good, but not that good.

So Hodor?

This was literally drawn by Tolkien

Attached: images.jpg (227x222, 10K)

>scribblings of a child
was tolkien an autist

>pic is 1100x1075 in my computer
>220x220 on Yea Forums
Wut?

Attached: images.jpg (1100x1075, 93K)

it looks so happy there

Stannis, Ned, Samwell, Barristan, and Jon could probably handle being in the fellowship. Nobody could be the ringbearer. It's meant to beguile people through their values and what they want from life. Frodo was able to carry it because he just wanted a nice, peaceful, quiet life. I don't know many GOT characters that don't have some kind f subconscious ulterior motives that the ring couldn't prey on.

It's tasteful and the first two are on the cover of my copy of The Hobbit.

They're not terrible.
Sure they're not on Hitlers level, but still nice enough. Wasn't his main thing anyway.

Attached: TolkienLaketown.jpg (2258x1446, 519K)

Maybe there's a safe wholesome village somewhere in the vale that has a nice good natured lad that could carry the ring.
Not a character grrm would write about though.

Achilles is the Man-Killer. Literally unstoppable.

>I just want to cook some pies

Attached: ben-hawkey-game-of-thrones.jpg (618x412, 60K)

That's actually really nice, was there anything this guy couldn't do?

He'd put it up his bum that horny ball of flesh

Lol this is probably the best way to explain why got is shit

>Power wanking between a Superhuman vs a sister fucker who was better than most normal men
Fuck off where's my Ser Arthur Dayne vs Aragorn.

Attached: 1499824669494.jpg (800x800, 165K)

MMM WHATCHA SAAAYYY

>Jon Smough

He's would use the ring to bake even greater pies. Eventually it would corrupt his morals and he would start putting more and more despicable things in them until be started puting human meat inside. He would start with corpses the war had produced in great supply, but sooner or later he would desire fresh meat. He would sneak out and kill the prisoners of the Brotherhood without Banners. But their meat would be too tough so he would start killing civilians and noble hostages whose flesh is more tender. Eventually children and newborns would start going missing. And after a long night of searching for them the men would gather in the tavern with a flagon of ale in one hand a slice of delicious meat pie in the other.

okay who would win:
Aragorn vs Guts vs Jaime fucking Lannister
keep in mind Guts is officially 6'8" in berserker armor

How? Aragorn has so much more strength, speed, and durability. He's basically above Batman/Captain America tier. He's higher than "peak human" because in his universe some humans can be stronger, live longer, etc.

Guts is basically a First Age hero, actually kind of reminds me of Hurin/Turin a lot. So I'd say Guts.

Aragorn is a chad but he is basically the turning point where myth becomes reality in the Tolkien-verse.

That doesn’t happen in the book. He’s so chadly in the source material he doesn’t get hurt at all throughout the entire adventure.

im only counting two legs homes

Chipped tooth was at helms deep

smaug got rekt by one tiny arrow.

Correct. Achilles has a higher power level in most versions. They'd have to do something similar to Superman the Animated Series where they nerf him a lot to give Aragorn a chance.

>muh powerlevels

All nerds should fucking hang

>would use the ring to bake even greater pies
frodo had stuff he liked to do, he liked gandalf's fireworks. that's like saying the ring would corrupt frodo into launching babies on fireworks at other babies to watch them both explode, then eat the remains or something. hotpie would be a worthy ring bearer, or at least as worthy as frodo

Based and redpilled! Premarital sex is degenerate

If Guts actually uses the armor he wins. Even if he doesn't he still wins. The guy took more punishment that both the other two combined and was still able to stand up and wield his massive sword. Even if it was a fight of Aragon and Jaime vs Guts he'd probably win.
The more interesting match-up would be Aragon vs Jaime vs no-magic Serpico

>One tiny arrow that hit him in a spot that was mostly based on luck than anything else
>Meanwhile Viserion gets one-shot by a fucking spear made of ice thrown by some chode who knocked off Blizzard's Lich King

This is like asking if you'd rather have the kid who studied at Harvard or the doctor who's had 25 years experience perform complicated surgery on you. Experience always wins out over theory, even assuming that Aragorn had no formal training (which would be retarded).

Gurm also said tha Jaime could beat Rand al Thor so take these with a grain of salt.

Something like Guts vs. Glorfindel/Feanor would make more sense.

Viserion =/= Balerion

Davos might have a shot.

They're still both dragons and as stated, Bard's shot into Smaug's heart was mostly luck because that was a small fucking patch of underbelly exposed. Balerion would similarly be felled by the Olympian throwing prowess of Edgy Bran Stark.

Yeah he liked fireworks but they weren't something he was focused on. He wasn't really focused on anything since he was the Shire equivalent of a boomer living an easy life. Hotpie is actually passionate about pies and it's pretty much the only skill he has

Wyvirgin detected

Attached: Wyvirgin v Chadgron.png (2646x1396, 288K)

She has pretty eyes.

yeah but frodo isn't human

Friendly reminder that in Fellowship, when Aragorn deflects that throwing knife with his sword and it lodges into the tree and he looks surprised - that's because Viggo is surprised because he actually deflected a real fucking knife that would have otherwise lodged in his fucking face

Attached: FRONT LEGS GONE QUEER.jpg (635x221, 49K)

Aragorn is literally descended from a race of superior humans.

that spears is much more powerful than black arrow. The spear shatters steel on contact.

I think that's too far in the other direction. Didn't Glorfindel kill a hundred balrogs or some shit? Guts might have been able to take on one but not much more. I think a good fight would be Guts vs the fellowship, minus Gandalf and Legolas's bow and arrows

and elves
and an angel/god analogue

In an actual skirmish it would protect your back from stray arrows or stray glancing blows from behind and he likely just ended up in that pose from muscle memory even though it was a duel

also he was showing off since Hector was Troy's best and he wanted to make it clear how much better he was than their very best

>because he just wanted a nice, peaceful, quiet life.
That's pretty much Ned. I don't think he could hold the ring but his only ulterior motive in the series was to make the rightful heir king.

Nah Glorfindel kills one to my knowledge, but the balrog is quite a good analogue for some of the crazy demons Guts fights.

Nothing. I've said it before and I'll say it again - Tolkien was honestly a straight up genius

Varys doesn't want power, he wants to give power to those who are worthy of it

>Didn't Glorfindel kill a hundred balrogs or some shit
I guess the best medium for adapting stuff from the earlier ages is anime.

when your main weapon is an axe, you end up seeing a lot more of your victims' insides

this but unironically

How would a dragon even hurt a literal demon of flame and terror?

How does Boromir compare to Aragorn as a warrior? I read somewhere that Boromir was supposed to be more physicall powerful, but can't remember if that's bullshit.

Pretty much. He's talented to the point that you're just in awe rather than being jealous.

Claws

So... how is Aragorn not Gary Stu?

Guts of course, what the fuck is this match up

Attached: The Black Swordsman.jpg (2710x1440, 312K)

>Literal demon of flame and terror
With tooth and claw. Balrog on the whole were stronger than Dragons, and would even use them as steeds. But Smaug was no ordinary dragon, nor was Acnologan the Black.

Yeah my bad, he only killed one. But the wiki says he got a powerup afterwards so he's still probably out of Guts's league

Fantastic post.

How is he?
Doesn't seem written like one.

Because he's a weak pussy faggot when compared with his ancestors and a walking reminder of how far men have fallen if he's the best they have left.

Tyrion has actual battle experience though and has survived real fights. Frodo has never killed anyone and is pretty useless with a sword.

Sauron would make himself god-king in day. Westerosi are the same kind of shit tier humans he had already corrupted a dozen times before.

This is so dumb. By the last 2 books Rand is so powerful that he seriously thought about and almost went through with destroying all of creation just to end it all as a fuck you to the dark one and the creator

>6' vs 5'10"

>Didn't Glorfindel kill a hundred balrogs or some shit?

He killed one and died in the process. Only seven balrogs ever existed.

no, knife was in fellowship, tooth and foot was in two towers

Yes absolutely. Mythical heirarchy of LotR is
God
Valar
Maiar (including Istari and Balrogs)

Dragons are just animals. Powerful animals, but mortal and mundane.

not really true in sword fights

I think the sheer difference in ability would be enough for Frodo to win. He'd be more hesitant to fight, but he'd run away and keep his distance until he composed himself enough to go in for the kill

no they did not you fucking jew

>>Ned Stark vs Boromir
both dies

way better than the other tolkein smaug drawings they always use

Dude this isn't true, the mightiest Dragons of the First Age nearly defeated the Host of the Valar (including many Maiar)

>Reminder of what we could have had
Dragons look so much cooler with 6 limbs. 4 limbs look so lame.

Attached: J6zIXD9dnNqqtWtXfRD3LiP2_wT8kLCgM1oBlB0LQqE.jpg (1024x650, 176K)

Yes

>In Tolkien's later writings, he made note of the fact that there could not have ever been more than seven Balrogs,[19] yet they were able to drive away Ungoliant in what was described as a "tempest of fire".

lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Balrogs

Does Smaugs magical dragon stare work on less intelligent dragons? Because then Smaug can just brainwash Balerion into drowning himself.

Kingslayer vs Kingkiller
Jaime has both hands and Kvothe knows Jaime's true Name.

Attached: giselle-almeida-kvothe-cor-final.jpg (1920x2716, 1023K)

Guts, bad match-up especially with Berserker armor.

Why do fantasy worlds always have a more epic and fantastical ancient past with the present being mere scraps of what once was? Is it another case of "Tolkien did it, so everyone has to do it" ? Just once I'd like to see a fantasy world either set during the great mythical age or one where magic keeps growing more and more powerful as the ages pass. The closest thing I can think of is having sub-100 year history in DF

he nearly gets done in battle of the hornburg because he falls over but gumli or fagolas save him can't remember which

>Weren't hobbits expert throwers?
You see them drop orcs throwing rocks, with an extremely high success rate.
Hobbit throwing ability is so iconic it creeped in other media.

Yeah but when does Frodo ever compose himself enough to fight in the books or movies? I can't think of a single time he ever kills or hurts anyone even when his life is at stake.

Nope, or very breifly

>Guts is basically a First Age hero, actually kind of reminds me of Hurin/Turin a lot. So I'd say Guts.
This. Guts fights Sauron-like or Gandalf-like things every other tuesday. Is not for such comparison.

I guess it's a universal human thing to feel like your society is decaying and that the previous societies were greater.

Dragons are probably Maiar in lotr.

The game of thrones dragons are like lesser drakes in the Tolkien universe. Dragons in the Tolkien universe are real dragons. They talk, they have magical powers that no man can resist, they can curse you and paralyze you and even see into your future. Basically, Tolkien dragons are practically gods on par with the Maia and game of thrones dragons are mindless beasts

>Implying a being made of pure sex could possibly be a virgin
He could probably have fucked any chick regardless of species in Middle-Earth or Westeros. I bet he could fuck an entwife if he wanted do.

Attached: Aragorn_profile.jpg (500x750, 82K)

based tolkien

When does he ever fight something that he realistically could kill? It's all orcs, trolls and other shit that's way out of his league. The only thing he might have been able to take is Gollum and he threatened him with his sword and seemed prepared to kill him if he tried anything.

This is a very good stylistic device

I dont think anyone can beat guts,hes overpowered af

Boromir was probably the best warrior in the fellowship (excluding Gandalf), he fought on the front lines and led men against Mordor his whole adult life and was renowned and loved even by Rohan. Could he beat Aragorn in a sword fight? Who knows (I'd imagine Aragorn is a better duelist because of his age and training) they weren't really compared that way but Boromir killed a metric fuckton of Orcs and Uruks in Amon Hen and generally acted as the group tank in Fellowship.

He could have, but he didn't because good men don't engage in premarital sex.

Ok this is epic

I'm going by the books btw but the films are similar enough for this comparison

I'll also add that from my memory he is more physically powerful but they are on similar levels

It's used as a means to lay out the mythology of the current culture and I guess it's a handy tool for the writer/creator for world-building.
It also adds elements of exaggerated grandeur to the story, without forcing the writer to actually include those to the current story.

Doubts himself a lot after Gandalf falls and isn't obnoxiously presented as better at everything than everyone else

Odysseus with prep time

Bilbo would kick Tyrions ass

Never read the books, but isn't Aragorn some kind of quasi-immortal demigod man?

Best book series coming through

Attached: karsa-orlong-115483.jpg (600x829, 84K)

in the fight inside Balin's Tomb (book version) Frodo rushes forward and stabs a Troll in the foot that is getting through the door after he see's boromirs sword bounce off its arm

True, but Sam killed a few orcs, and Shelob. Merry helped kill the Witch-King. Bilbo killed a bunch of orcs in The Hobbit.
So a hobbit is capable of killing things bigger than them, I just think Frodo isn't.

No he's just descended from Numenoreans (+Elves), basically men who were buffed by the Gods, but by no means immortal

>Guts fights Sauron-like or Gandalf-like things every other tuesday.
I wouldn't go that far

>Basing your morality off jewish fairy tales

Also, their genetics have been watered down by inbreeding over the centuries. Aragorn was shorter and died much younger than his predecessors.

>Horsebutt Saga III: The pighead draggening

Bilbo killed a bunch of giant spiders in mirkwood too. And a hobbit (one of the old tooks?) killed a goblin king by knocking its head off, goblin = orc in the books as well.

Frodo is a pussy compared to those chads though

I'm still mad that big budget historical movies basically completely disappeared.
Those creatively bankrupt fucks at Hollywood just keep remaking/rebooting shit we've already seen with capeshit remaining the norm. Meanwhile we have practically an untapped amount of amazing historical premises that'll never see the light of day.

Eh kind of. He's from a superior breed of humans and is descended from the coupling of an elf and a Maia, and he lived to be 210 years old until he dies willingly, so he could have lived a bit longer but he didn't want to deal with senility and shit like that, and he didn't fear death anyway. He was 87yo during the war of the Ring.

would see in theaters

Nigga he could have lived longer if he wished but chose not to (like a true Numenorean)

Was Smaug a virgin?

Attached: Nothing personnel halfling.jpg (3200x1680, 332K)

>Frodo isn't capable of killing things bigger than himself
Good thing he's not fighting someone bigger than himself then

>not saving yourself for your virgin wife

You think I exaggerated? I mean I would see the god hand more at a Valar-level, and things like the usual monsters as beings with a clear spark of divine and powers. They can even create minor beings (like the moth-girl creating """"elves"""").
But maybe I am wrong, we should not make comparisons altogether.

He probably melted a hole between the legs of a golden statue of a female dwarf and used it as an onahole but I guess that doesn't count

More like outbreeding. When numenoreans started mating with lesser men so did their lifespans start to wane. A numenorean could probably breed with one ordinary human without it affecting their lifespan but when everyone started to do it for generations in a row, it also watered down their genetics.

Weren't the original Numenoreans living to 500+ years old or something? Aragorn was basically an exception to a rapidly declining lineage.

Because the real world is actually like that. Atlantis was real, Tolkien probably knew it and wrote his own version of events

I just can't Guts fighting Sauron, but then again I'm still on the boat and haven't read past it yet.

>outbreeding

Yeah apologies, that's the word I meant to type. Filthy m*ddlemen

>A respectable dragon should be 20ft or more
REPTILETS BTFO

I guess that's why they call it the Lonely Mountain

Attached: lonely-mountain.jpg (760x596, 201K)

The only one that lived that long was Elros. The average lifespan for a pure blooded numenorean was around 300-400 years Iirc. Royalty tended to live longer though.

Were there any cars there or some huge dwarven machinery like a smelter would work?

>Still randomly have the urge to scream Hector all these years later

HECTOR!!!

Attached: 1513663766396.jpg (640x839, 110K)

does anyone have the fedora saruman shop

Interestingly from Tolkien's later writing on the Fourth Age, Aragorn's descendents are weak rulers and Gondor immediately begins to decline

They could live that long if they chose too, but their body and mind would start to decay. Most chose to die of their own free will.

The fall of Numenor was mostly due to rulers beginning to fear death rather than embrace it.

Thread is about to die, lets keep the discussion going here:

But Aragorn's immediate ancestors were already begin to age younger and die earlier. Aragorn was the exception to the rule. They had bred and mingled with the lesser men of Middle Earth.

>Also, didn't he write a fanfic about Jamie beating Rand Al'thor?

Bullshit! Rand is like Anime protagonist tier.

The first dragons were bred by Morgoth, but Morgoth can only corrupt and remake, he could not truly create. Morgoth created the first dragons, so if the Balrogs are corrupted Maiar then I don't see any reason why the dragons would be different considering their strength and intelligence. I always figured that the Nazgul's flying beasts were corrupted giant eagles (which were Maiar).

>The crownless again shall be king.
Every time...

Attached: 1531203434151.jpg (810x1080, 221K)