Can somebody tell me why slasher movies are so awesome...

Can somebody tell me why slasher movies are so awesome? I can't for the life of me put it into words as to why I like them.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

—iconic villains
—real scares. Since psychos exist
—-usually well paced.
—suspense
—not pretentious
—fun

You hate women and wish violence upon them

they are lowest of the low, brainlets who couldnt understand mystical layer of classic horrors are more entertained by dumbo with a knife or chainsaw

Catharsis.

I don't necessarily think this is true. I really enjoyed "The Seventh Seal" and I think that would classify as classical horror in a way.

OK but in general sense. Slashers killed classic horror in 70s. Cheaper to make, you dont need any lore just a maniac with saw/machete/fork/spoon whatever and bunch of idiots to be slashed.
These movies are creatively bankrupt (ok sometimes deaths are 'creative') and repetitive as fuck.
Horror is more folk based, legends, stories etc. Slashers are just silly thrillers full of clitches.

“Muh sophistication” while sipping craft beer and complaining about no avacado toast

For me it’s the “comfy” factor. Like the original Friday the 13th movies are a fun 80s summer camp romp before the killing starts. Laurie Strode’s neighborhood in Haddonfield looks really cozy even though it’s clearly Southern California(outdoor lockers).

Bullshit. Slashers are modern horror. No different then in Bible heavy Victorian age monsters where unholy demons, undead, and abominations against God(Frankenstein).

Slashers rose up when real life monsters like Ed Gein, John Wayne Gacy, Bundy were in the news.

Seventh Seal isn't a horror at all, the fuck? I'm assuming you looked at the poster and thought it was le spoopy film

True. Psycho is arguably a proto-slasher film.

They are like a buffet of kino, action, horror, comedy, drama, romance.

Yeah, I did watch it. It's part of my countrys film heritage, after all. I just found the movie really unsettling, especially where death enters the farmhouse. If it isn't classified as horror, it should be in my opinion.

>has a mask
>has a iconic weapon
>somehow can teleport (look at the part where the detective decides go to Bates house )

Your opinion is wrong

Yep. Plus a twist reveal of the killer that a lot of 80s slashers adopted.

3 words:
They
kill
women

Love have clowns trash horror and slasher movies while having no problems sitting through the latesr capeshit movie.

I'm talking about horrors at the origin. Horros were pretty much related to folk tales and myths or legends. Usually involving mystical stuff.
Technically there's personification of death which per-se quallifies it as a horror. Danse macabre (dance of death) at the end was a typical horror folklore of middle ages. We are talking about pre-victorian era.

Horror at its orgins is time related. It’s basically what scares people. Of course people back then were scared is mythical shit. Because you believed it could be real.

Same way today people aren’t going to freak out about a wolfman coming to get them. But they sure as fuck will of a serial killer is on the prawl

Absolutely kino soundtrack

Hslloeeen and Hellraiser have the best horror scores

Back in the 70s we dug em because they were escapist and comical in their violence. For you, I think theyre how-to videos when youre not decapitating cats or jerking off to rekt vids.

>correct me if im wrong

>this poster constantly spams incel and have sex