What is the appeal of this cinema? From what I gather they supposedly have a strict no talking/texting rule...

What is the appeal of this cinema? From what I gather they supposedly have a strict no talking/texting rule, so people won't distract others but have servers that check on every, single member in the audience throughout the movie. What kind of logic is that?

Attached: alamo.jpg (1050x591, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1L3eeC2lJZs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is exactly why I don't eat at these stupid movie grills. Even if I don't order anything there still fucking servers walking up to the in the middle of the movie asking if I need anything. Fuck off damnit, I'm trying to watch a movie.

The cinema is dead; long live the home theater

In the last 8-10 times I’ve gone to the cinema it has been a completely shit experience, either due to the audience, the quality of projection, quality of sound, etc.
Yet when I watch films in my home theater where I control the video/audio/audience, I’ve had perfect experiences every time.
Fuck going to the theater

Did you go to a ghetto theater? I went to one on a shitty side of town for Insidious years ago and the audience ruined it for me.

All of them are like this- pricey theater on north side of town, Drafthouse fun theaters, arthouse boutique theaters. My one area of solace- the museum theater, where they occasionally show foreign/arthouse films- was also ruined by people literally talking through the entire film and even taking calls on their phones. Fuck all of it.

>white boi going to nigger theaters
>complains about theater and not the niggers running it

Attached: 4274D1C0-2607-48FC-BEB5-0701B143834F.jpg (200x197, 10K)

It isn't really that good either. My friends always insisted on going there and the only thing I thought that was ok was the philly cheese steak. They have a good drink selection, but it's all really overpriced.

>go to theater
>cough and start choking loudly for 5 minutes
>buy nachos and starts loudly eating them
>buy slushee and start slurping loudly
>laugh really loudly during scenes that are only slightly humorous
>get up and walk up and down several times during the movie to get refills and use the restroom
I love doing this to people like OP, and it works every time.

I only go to the Alamo and the audience has always been exceptionally quiet and are mindful of how they eat. The smell of food can be distracting, granted.

The waiters do move down the aisles to collect credit cards but they pick the best part of the movie to do it and the aisles are so wide that you don't notice them at all until they're at your seat.

The prices are steep but the atmosphere is really positive and I'm rich anyway.

cont.
The Alamo @ The Ritz in Austin also always has interesting shit going on like Master Pancake and indie film stuff. They're playing Princess Mononoke and other Ghibli stuff next week.

What? I just asked what's the appeal of the theater you spaz.

Seething

And I told you. It's fun to fuck with people like you. ;^)

500 Alamobux™ has been deposited onto your Alamo™ Rewards card

the waiters are silent/you communicate only with written notes/they stoop down real low so you dont see em. It's cool it makes me feel like i have slaves for like an hour and half

I'm not complaining about fat fucks like you gorging on their food.It's the theater that goes on about their policies, not me. I'm just pointing out how retarded a server checking on you periodically is dumb. I'm sorry you were too retarded to understand that.

lmao
i was talking to some very elderly relatives who live in a jew region of southern florida and one of them was telling me about how there is one movie theater that only the jews go to because they show movies that have been out for weeks and they're cheap matinees. there's an unwritten rule where you're not allowed to sit directly in front of another fellow jew, it's fucking hilarious.

Attached: 1542943279998.jpg (578x490, 23K)

>calling your theater the Alamo

Owner might as well just go ahead and shoot the place up himself; incur the inevitable on his own terms.

i think it's technically the alamo drafthouse but i'm a dumb yankee who hasn't been to the movies in many years

>Master Pancake

They run that shit at quakecon every year, and god damn what a cringe fest it is to experience. Friends suckered me in to watching it one time, never again

No one asks if you need anything during the movie. They only come around if you have an order card raised, and then they just go look at it and leave silently.

alamo is designed for the reddit market with all of their (((craft beers))) and (((rocky horror picture nights)))
i'd avoid it

Not from my experience

Alamo is based. They don’t allow any children under 6 nor do they allow anyone under 18 that isn’t accompanied by parents. The servers are discrete and quiet. I highly recommend trying it out.

t. reddit

t. underage that ruins movies for people

Alamo Draft House is a great place to catch a flick. If you haven't been, you're missing out.

>naming your cinema after a king of the hill fictional brand beer

This. You can tell this thread was made by a seething high school zoomer that’s mad he’s not allowed in.

I never went but my friends always hyped it up. Glad I didn't go

Only plebs hate Alamo. It's the only theater chain I know of that regularly plays classic movies and doesn't charge ridiculous prices for those special screenings, I saw Best Years of Our Lives there and it was amazing. They also do fun shit like with the 20th anniversary of The Cable Guy where they served Medieval Times style food, and I saw Fast Times at Ridgemont High there and got to ask Judge Reinhold questions after the screening

Attached: best_years.jpg (368x567, 121K)

youtube.com/watch?v=1L3eeC2lJZs
Based Alamo Drafthouse dabbing on zoomers.

That is pretty cool. The only time I have been to a film related Q and A was when Tommy Wiseau came out after a midnight showing of The Room

Are you anxiously staring the servers down or something?

No, I'm just watching the movie