Post subtle displays of symbolism in movies

Post subtle displays of symbolism in movies

Attached: subtle.png (1073x615, 1.21M)

How is this symbolism? It's literally sticking Jesus in the background.

it broke new ground!!!

Attached: Mr Plinkett drinks because he is sad.jpg (853x698, 114K)

Snyder's gift for subtle symbolism is unparalleled.

wot wrong that dude nose?

It’s not trying to be subtle, it’s deliberately making the connection. The priest he’s talking to looks at him as if he was looking at a God-like figure, like Jesus.

Your snark would only make sense if they were trying to be subtle.

Yes it symbolises Jesus.

>the explicit image of jesus symbolizes jesus
I mean, yes, sure.

Attached: laughing black man trying to act serious.gif (286x258, 2.51M)

>dude Christian imageey and symbolism
Literally soiboi normalnigger-tier

Are Snyderfags really this dumb? I hope Cavill gets another shot with a new director. I hate to see his Supes go to waste.

it's symbolically associating clark / supes with a saviour, meaning, clark / supes is a saviour figure himself.

>sticking Jesus in the background
Well, he was in a church, asking for advice. This is not an uncommon plot device when a character feels lost or conflicted, especially given he lives in rural midwestern America, and probably grew up going to that church, even if he might have stopped at some point. Having Jesus framed in the background was obviously intentional, but like... why wouldn't you? It's not a bad time to do it, especially since this the first time in the movie you begin to see him take on the responsibility of protecting the Earth.

Attached: sc2-076.jpg (852x480, 124K)

Yeah it's not symbolism, but redditors think any type of visual storytelling is automatically symbolism.

Snyder is not saying Superman is Jesus. The film in the context of the scene, through editing between different shots, suggests that the priest himself is drawing a parallel between Clark and Christ. We are seeing through his eyes. But in reality, he is just a regular man trying to do good, not the 2nd coming, as stated explicitly in the dialogue of BvS. Snyder's films have often explored the themes of perspective and subjectivity, he uses cinema to express how characters feel and see the world. Modern film audiences have become conditioned to prefer films with objective storytelling with little ambiguity. Leading to people to misread Snyder's films by offering the most superficial interpretations.

Like the sex scene in Watchmen. Many people think the use of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" implies "hallelujah I'm finally having sex!" but the lyrics' references to King David's adultery draw a parallel to Dan's arc in the film.

i am honestly sad for everybody who couldn't figure this out on their own
its not subtle at all

LOGOS

Now THIS is subtle

Attached: cap-civil-war-movie-screencaps.com-3979.jpg (1920x808, 152K)

GIVEN

>Subtle
Jesus you're really sucking your own dick huh
Next thing you know you'll be saying Hannibal cleverly embedded its symbolism.

>I hope Cavill gets another shot with a new director

Attached: supes.jpg (480x300, 8K)

>The priest he’s talking to looks at him as if he was looking at a God-like figure, like Jesus.
>The film in the context of the scene, through editing between different shots, suggests that the priest himself is drawing a parallel between Clark and Christ. We are seeing through his eyes
the fuck are you people talking about, at this point superman hadn't done aything heroic at all. the priest just saw a regular man, and if he even believed him, he wouldn't know the man as a hero or anything christlike, but as an undercover alien

Sorry for the memes, only vid I have.
Alita is so chock full of symbolism, it´s unreal.

Attached: Alita saves.webm (1280x720, 2.16M)

>Snyder is not saying Superman is Jesus.
Pull the other one.

Attached: Supes.jpg (2500x1250, 309K)

With 0% Snyder influence

Someone post the Gidorah one.

Can someone post the synder tweet about the spear