Tempus Fugit (Nolan 2020)

It is a sci-fi action-thriller about time travel, with two intersecting storylines, one set in the near future and one in the 1950’s. John David Washington and Robert Pattinson are playing scientists who travel from the future to the past and get caught up in a conspiracy involving a femme fatale played by Elizabeth Debicki. Washington is the main, while Pattinson takes on a more antagonistic role.

The mechanics of time travel are unique, with the leads existing simultaneously in both time periods, and having limits to how far they can go and what they can do in the past. Mark Rylance and William Fichtner will be in the movie as supporting characters in the future timeline, while Lucy Boynton is in early talks for a pivotal role in the past timeline. James McAvoy is being eyed for a very important role in the past timeline as well.

The title isn’t locked in yet, but it is being referred by studio heads as “Tempus Fugit” or simply "Tempus".

Attached: Nolan 2020.jpg (920x584, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j0T2mMAfsx8
youtube.com/watch?v=vzxZzIiO84Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My sources tell me it’s one of the most ambitious scripts ever written

>Pattinson takes on a more antagonistic role.

Attached: 1506621864886.jpg (666x1024, 68K)

>my sources
My dad works at nintendo

Something something white bad?

Drop the nigger in 1750s and go to the future with Debicki.

fuck off you nigger mongrel he's unironically a great actor. watch good time assuming you have more than a 7 second attention span

lol insecure much? I love pattinson and that image is showing a piqued interest

>time travel
fug it :DDD

Attached: 1545071472559.png (864x566, 16K)

I'm still waiting for a movie that actually does something ambitious with time travel.

Attached: 1520620644611.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

>Intersecting storylines
Why does Nolan love this shit so much? He does it in every movie.

He's an autist.

>John David Washington
>Guy from Ballers, show I dropped for being shit in a time when I used to watch just about anything, former footballer playing a footballer, main character/protagonist
>Evil whitey antagonist
>1950s

Yeah something tells me I'm not going to like this.

BLAH BLAH NIGGER GOOD WHITE MAN BAD

BLAH BLAH HOW MUCH YOU WANNA BET DEBICKI GETS BLACKED

Have you seen Predestination(2014)?

Sounds reasonably intredasting. Better than all the constant remake/reboot/sequel/prequel/capeshit crap.
Hope he shoots on 70mm.

Pattinson being in it means it's a good project.
Looking forward.

Had he cast someone like Jamie Foxx I wouldnt even have cared. That guy can act and has given us some extremely rewatchable kino.

T. team Edward boomer thot

t. braindead out of touch phoneposting zoomer faggot

If you knew anything about what Pattinson has been doing after Twilight you would not utter such shit

>fugit

Fuck it, foogeddaboudit, hold on lemme google that word ok its latin why didnt you just say time flies asshole

Yea, just Tempus sounds good.

That sounds interesting as fuck, less like normal time travel and more like a projection.

Holy fucking boomer, Batman!

Cosmopolis and Maps to the Stars were alright while also just about my least favorite cronenberg movies, can't blame pattinson for that though. He didn't really stand out to me. Did he do anything better than that?

Holy fuck, that provisional cast.

He’s filming in Naples at the moment

>De licki get blacked
Hot

MURPH

Watch Good Time, Lost City of Z, The Rover.

Good Time, Lost City of Z, High Life, and now The Lighthouse that's coming out with Dafoe directed by the same guy who made The Witch.
All genuinely interesting projects with not a single dumb generic cash in, so him aggreing to work on a Nolan film says that the project should also not be generic aswell.

Plot twist, she doesn't. Whitoid Pattinson dicks her down and the good guy lost.

Another sci-fi flick? Fuck that. I want to see what Nolan can do with the Wild West.

Fuck time travel movies

>Mark Rylance and William Fichtner will be in the movie as supporting characters in the future timeline
absolutely based cast

>I got locked in a room to read the script – I don’t have it myself,” Pattinson said. “I’ve been a little wary of doing big movies for years and years, but there’s just something about Chris Nolan’s stuff. He seems like the only director now who can do what is essentially a very personal, independent movie that has huge scale. I read the script and it’s unreal.

cross cutting between two (or more) concurrent scenes is his default mode of building suspense and anticipation. bonus points if the two scenes are divided between past/future or different realities. doesn't matter how retarded the plots or actions of characters are, if they're edited together in a certain way it makes it seem clever or intense. it basically allows him to fulfill his entertainment quote so movies will be financially profitable and allows him to continue exploring his autistic personal interests on screen. he does it very well and it has proven very effective on audiences for about 15 years now. personally I'm getting tired of it though. I thought dunkirk would be the culmination of that style and he would move on to something else but it would appear now.

absolutely everyone is creaming over the script, what the fuck is going on

Will look into these.

>The Lighthouse that's coming out with Dafoe directed by the same guy who made The Witch.
I hadn't heard of this, thanks for the tip!

Literally every actor who signs on to any big project (or even small ones) will says this exact same shit about how incredible and once in a lifetime the script is. we only hear about this because people are such marks fo nolan and they want to hear about his next movie.

>, if they're edited together in a certain way it makes it seem clever or intense.

Not sure what number post this is, but it's probably the best.

Besides what actor would decline working wirh Nolan in the current year? I couldn't name one.

holy fucking reddit
let me explain something to you
we are not your friends
your BA in english studies will noty provide for your life
trying to make friends? with 4channers
you are the most pathetic form of life on the planet
nice spacing btw
teach you that first day on the job in r/movies?
>thanks for the tip!
cringe
learn to be a fucking man
phrases like this?
they expose you
>thanks for the tip!
how about you actually find your own interests in movies and do your OWN research
instead of taking "tips" from strangers on Yea Forums
oh btw
did I mention we're not your friends?
if you actually genuinely liked The Witch then you're a fucking soiboi
I'm not saying this to insult you
your not evewn a blip on my radar
I'm saying this to get you to fuck off
you don't belong here
you never did
and never will
kys

>Randomly attributes a BA in English to other user
>Proceeds to write a book
What did he mean by this and why has he got zero friends irl?

based 4channer cleansing this board of redditors

you know there actually exist actors out there who don't care about making big commercial braindead shit
someone like Jean-Louis Trintignant would laugh in nolan's doughy face if he asked him to be in one of his blockbusters

I'm still here so it's not very effective

t. r/infiltrate4chan

>with 4channers
ummmmm it's 4channelers

>you know there actually exist actors out there who don't care about making big commercial braindead shit
Someone like Robert Pattinson?

What the duck I was working on the same storyline

Attached: IMG_5915.jpg (853x1024, 155K)

But he worked with Haneke, who is even worse. Fuck outta here.

renowned mainstream blockbuster creator michael haneke

nolan stole it first so hah!

Half of his movies are dogshit. Just because they don't make money doesn't make them good.

f-foodge foodgit?

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 9K)

>half his movies are dogshit
time of the wolf and bennys video are his only weak movies
everything else is a masterpiece
go to a library sometime you bitch

Aww. Why so hostile? Cache, White Ribbon, Piano teacher, Seventh Continent, Code Unknown, Funny Games are good. Others aren't.
Amour & Happy End are especially atrocious.

B R A V O

How is Amour atrocious? Most people agree it's his best

I'll see it for her

Attached: 55894867.jpg (1080x1350, 179K)

It's cheap sentimentality. The characters are thin and it just felt like a movie most people were afraid to openly dislike. Just because it's super sad doesn't make it his best.
His masterpiece is either Cache or The White Ribbon.

>It's cheap sentimentality.
Seemed like the whole point of the movie was the opposite. To completely avoid cheap sentimentality and be extremely austere, unsatisfying and uncomfortable. I really don't know where you found sentimentality in it at all.

Few-jit?

>It's cheap sentimentality
What? Literal opposite, Haneke absolutely hates sentimentality.

71 Fragments is his best and anyone who disagrees just hasn't seen it yet

Fugit :DDDDD

youtube.com/watch?v=j0T2mMAfsx8
>14:53
He's based alright

>Stupid thought experiment the movie
Literally go fuck yourself

Damn why so aggressive
Ethan Hawke rubs me the wrong way. Can't stand him

Debicki is gonna get blacked in the 1950s.

I thought Nolan was the white man director

It's neither capeshit nor other preexisting IP.

>if noone likes it it means it's good
>le ebin contrarian
inb4 gb2 capeshit

He needs that precious kike money to make movies

>retarded time travel elements that make no sense
>non-sensical boring set-pieces
>bad one-take acting
>stupid characters devoid of emotions
>unbearably loud music
>shit sound mixing
what else am I forgetting?

it's just selling hype, every Nolan script is completely retarded and a chore to get through

Trintignant was Kubrick's bitch and the result was the horrible dub of The Shining

You've copy pasted this in 3 different threads now. Please hang yourself.

I think he's self aware his films make no sense

>The mechanics of time travel
Pass me that pen and paper, get ready to learn

I add something else each time from what I read in the thread. And it's still true.

So not only are you a mentally ill spam zoomer, you are leeching opionions of Others because you're devoid of one yourself.
Epic

Don't watch it then faggot

>source: dude trust me

Ke

So who's wife is going to die?

Attached: 1e3.jpg (630x630, 46K)

mine

Thread theme music
youtube.com/watch?v=vzxZzIiO84Y

my wife's son's

Sounds kino.

>Nolan showing Marvel how it's done
Fucking based

Hahaha. Based indeed.

>Make fun of Marvel
>Mouse shills come out of nowhere to attack
As if on cue

I'm not attacking you. I'm agreeing with you.

>tell story from two lines
>in the end, everything intersects with epic bam bam of zimmer
EVERY FUCKING MOVIE OF HIS

If it ain't broke why fix it

Attached: 2001.jpg (1773x812, 78K)

more like Kino 2020.

>fug it

Attached: f6ouksp3-1.jpg (467x324, 129K)

The biggest since the silent era

zimmer's score will be kino because he only gives a fuck now when he's working with nolan
also, pattinson is playing a young bill wilson

In a time where it’s all capeshit and remakes/reboots that ruins old shit, I can appreciate some OC from Nolan. And that’s what I don’t understand about the haters.

Femme fatale. Nolan can't help himself. I loved Dunkirk because Time—yes, once again—was at the center and the experience of these men was well rendered, the fact that they were a group instead of individuals made them more humane than Nolan's previous characters. I'm worried about the femme fatale thing. His characters are especially hollow when they turn around a woman. But he might find the right way to express what's obviously troubling him about mysterious, sexy, dead women.

Attached: upstream pig crop__01.jpg (364x364, 22K)

Not to mention Nolan got a BA in English Literature and look what he did with it.