When do the Hobbit movies start to go bad?

When do the Hobbit movies start to go bad?

I've been watching bits from the first half of The Unexpected Journey and it seems pretty fun and comfy so far, almost on par with LOTR.

Attached: hobbit-trilogy-door-shine.jpg (1585x823, 864K)

They're not bad, they're actually really good and hating them is just le epic Yea Forums meme.

The first is seriously underrated, I'll keep on defending it. The other 2 are a mess structurally and have long bouts that are simply uninteresting.

Really good is a stretch. They're fun kids movies, with some obvious 3D gimmick scenes and cheap gags scattered throughout.

The first one is good, 2 and 3 aren't

POWER GAP LARGER THAN THE PIT GANDALF FELL INTO

fast forward to 00:00:01, that's when it starts to go bad

redditshit logic: I liked something therefor it has to be good because I've liked everything that I liked.

>They're not bad, they're actually really good

dude , you're wrong and you know it. if you compare the quality of lotr and the hobbit, you'll realize you're comparing wine and piss

The first goes downhill when Radagast and Azog show up. It’s still okay through the end.

The second goes to shit when Legolas appears and becomes a main character.

after gollum

That's spot on m8

After the first movie it goes to shit.

my patrician taste>your shittaste

You fucking cuck

First one is like someone made a film out of some nerds D&D campaign. It's a fun adventure movie with tongue in cheek set pieces and environments, boss encounters, etc. 2nd and 3rd movies are where they really screw the pooch.

How's the Tolkien edit that restores it to something sane and in line with the book?

that's more an issue of the source material than an issue with the films

For a children's book it's a good adaptation

This is accurate for LOTR too.

the first was terrible
literally every problem was solved by gandalf's magic

>For a children's book it's a good adaptation
Nope, The film fucked up by trying to make it more "epic", A lot of scenes are way too long and just over-the-top (See legolas scenes)
It also added really bad and unnecessary things, the dwarf/elf romance was terribly done and legolas was pointless here.

First half-ish of UJ is not bad, everything in the shire especially. It dips a bit in the second half, but is still generally watchable to the end. DOS is noticeably shittier, but smaug's introduction is pretty much what you would hope for. Don't watch BOFA. Ralph bakshi's version is superior anyway.

Radagast distracts the Orcs while Gandalf and the dwarves escape on foot. Gandalf splits a rock in half and exposes the giant Australian bald people to the sunlight and he uses Eagles at the end. So he only uses his magic twice

Take one movie and split it into 3, 3-hour movies. Yawn/10.