2000's Movies

Attached: ghost-world.jpg (2368x1535, 486K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qi74u0NeISw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Show your kids this is what black widow looked like 3 noses ago

What was the last good/soul era to be a kid in here?

Attached: eraszoomer.png (1400x1039, 3.15M)

The aesthetic of that movie was more 90s.

I mean it was based on a 90s comic and stuck to that look and sense of 90s Gen X alt culture. It was basically Daria.

>movies

Fast & the Furious 1, 2, & 3
Brick
From Justin to Kelly
High School Musical
Mean Girls
Ginger Snaps
Final Destination
The Dark Knight
Donnie Darko
Shrek
Transformers
The Butterfly Effect
Paranormal Activity

>shows

The Surreal Life
Survivor
Big Brother
American Idol
The Simple Life
Desperate Housewives
Invader Zim
LOST

Attached: Big Red.jpg (852x480, 80K)

Late Gen-y. All this terrorism and internet shite was seeping in but it hadn't *completely* taken over.

>2000s boobies

Attached: quirky-chris-620x400.jpg (620x400, 41K)

Attached: Cruise Kino.gif (740x500, 491K)

Transformers and High School Musical marked the beginning of the Early Zoomer/Gen Z child culture.

Every single one has its merits and drawbacks. Anyone who hasn't consumed media from all of them has failed.

Minority Report is really underrated

This. I get a lot out of every era and don't think there was any point at which things "all went wrong".

Ghost World is easily a 9/10, but it's the most depressing film i've ever seen.

Truly dark times.

Ghost World came out right before I started fucking and is still my ideal threesome. Really a shame that Scarjo sold out to capeshit after being in a couple of the best films of the aughts, and Thora just dropped of the face of the planet (along with Leelee).

Yikes.

Was this that movie with the Bollywood song in the intro?

She kills a guy with a rock in Under the Skin, it's great

>not mentioning Buffy

One. Job.

Tom cruise hasnt aged in 15 years

Tom Cruise hasn't made more than 3 good films in his entire career.

weak bait

Good:
>minority report
>EWS
>vanilla sky
Okay:
>EoT
>IwtV
>Jerry Maguire
Good, but not a Tom Cruise movie:
>rain man
>tropic thunder
>magnolia

I think of Buffy as 90s too though. Was just trying to make a list as representative of the time in film and tv as I could.

And that is to say, obviously I wasn't implying any or all of those movies / shows were necessarily good, although I liked a handful of them.

>Legend
>Top Gun
>A Few Good Men
>Interview with the Vampire
>Mission Impossible
>Collateral
>Edge of Tomorrow

>look at me, "i'm acting!":
>born on the fourth of july

>i'll take this role playing a sympathetic nazi (gib schindler's list oscar please) as long as i'm not expected to even try to pull off a german accent and can just play tom cruise, despite the fact that literally everyone else has a german accent:
>valkyrie

>i'm tom cruise and people will pay just to watch me smile and ride a ducati:
>literally half of everything tom cruise has been in for the pasts 20 years

The quintessential post 90's, pre-9/11 movie.

Blue Crush

Attached: pZmUs1f3t3P0sAySnw8vdFclO4p.jpg (1920x1080, 287K)

>From Justin to Kelly

One of the worst experiences of my life. 10/10 would do again

based Cruise

Best Cruisekino is Risky Business, Collateral, and Eyes Wide Shut.

Probably my favourite horror movie and series.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qi74u0NeISw

Attached: Final Destination.jpg (1512x1000, 194K)

Quintessential

Attached: 1527485132965.jpg (3011x2001, 678K)

Aside from that bit at the end where Spiderman broke the fourth wall to read excerpts from the Turner Diaries to the audience, this was absolute kino.

Attached: 220px-Spider-Man2002Poster.jpg (220x324, 32K)

So ridiculous, and so 00s.

One of the only movies to kind of capture a bit of that early 00s mallgoth kind of thing. There are surprisingly few - basically no - films that portrayed / captured all that, or the emo or scenecore stuff in the 00s. Donnie Darko came close in tone, even if it was set in the 80s (although didn't seem like the 80s at all), and Brick kind of shows the suburban 00s mis-en-scene of all that stuff, but there's really only Ginger Snaps. Everything else was usually teen slashers featuring CW stars or maybe them being witches or something, but the style in those movies was more jock-ish.

Although I'm really waiting to dig up at least one movie capturing the scenecore / myspace era / style in movies eventually.

Like, the emo/scenecore/mallgoth kids watched stuff like Donnie Darko, Invader Zim, The Crow, Edward Scissorhands... but they didn't seem to have any movies depicting their own culture.

that's a good shirt. i should become a t-shirt creator. i have a good eye for fun ideas