Just finished Rome, and it was fucking incredible

Just finished Rome, and it was fucking incredible.

Is GoT as good? Better? Need some new swordkino.

Attached: 56CCE454-FC50-418F-8D5C-541FF38C1B2B.jpg (1680x1050, 348K)

don't watch got

Instead of watching GoT once, just watch Rome three more times.

Got is trash

Go watch "I claudius"

Game of Thrones season 1 is good. Pretend the rest of it doesn't exist.

Spartacus is good if you're willing to embrace the cheesiness.

I tried watching the first episode and the slow motion during the fight scenes got really annoying.

whatever you do, do not watch Caligula

Attached: 1482471004598.jpg (720x720, 29K)

Watch got seasons 1-4, then forget about it. After that it's kosher progressive cancer.

Are you talking about the movie with Malcom McDowell?

>Just finished Rome, and it was fucking incredible.

back in 2014 there was still talk of a Rome movie to pick up where the series left off, but I guess that ended up in the shitter

Deadwood is getting a movie, and HBO has to well aware of how well Rome sold in DVD sales.

You never know what could happen these days.

The last kingdom is pretty nice if you don't expect too much of it. Each season has been better than the previous for now.

>and it was fucking incredible.
>incredible

adjective
so extraordinary as to seem impossible: incredible speed.
not credible; hard to believe; unbelievable: The plot of the book is incredible.

based on available history, it was quite believable
get off my board

Attached: Minions.jpg (1600x900, 183K)

>autism speaks

fuck off, and go back to watching Pureflix, you pleb
Caligula is pure degenkino

GoT is the worst parts of Rome with a medieval skin smeared over many more seasons.

GoT is only good swordkino after Rome. It's true and you all know it. And it's sad too.

yeah thats right, it was incredible, you dumb nigger

Watch GoT for the first 4 seasons then pretend it got cancelled and never watch a single episode after that point.
Then return to rewatch Rome.

Attached: 1436385275892.jpg (1127x850, 246K)

ONCE AGAIN THE GODS SEE FIT TO SPREAD CHEEK AND RAM COCK IN FUCKING ASS

Now you need to watch
>The Sopranos
>Mad Men
>The Wire
>Deadwood
>I, Claudius
>Band of Brothers
>The Pacific
>Generation Kill
>The Knick

Antony was too good for this Earth

>I tried watching the first episode
The first 2-3 episodes are shit but then it becomes a 10/10 show. Trust me on this. It reaches Rome-tier writing except for more tits and cursing.

The love for Rome ITT gives me a glimmer of hope that you’re not all plebs.

This is the worst decision that you could make with Spartacus. The series it's 10/10 after those shitty 3 first caps. Just give it time.

fuck off newfag
rome threads have existed since forever
what a fucking pleb

so it was unbelievable?
are you that stupid?

Attached: MATHESON-3-obit-thumbWide.jpg (190x126, 7K)

no it was incredible

>rome threads have existed since forever
nay citizen, they started about 5 years ago with the Rome > Game of Plebs threads

please just kill yourself moron

Attached: youkeepusing thatword.jpg (300x168, 10K)

Why do they have loops on their head? Could a crafty gaul fish their helmets off when they were fighting?

Attached: rubber-duck-carnival-game-picture-id488335465[1].jpg (332x516, 144K)

It's a swivel to put the crest on if you get promoted.

i know exactly what it means, which is why rome was incredible

What? I thought it was just so they could be carried easily. You could attach it to your armour when you're marching or you could get a bunch of them together with a rope and just have them bundled together.

Why not both

Rome's pure kino. GoT's good for the first four seasons then it drops off severely with each passing season with only decent episodes here and there.

I can't stand the terrible dialogue of Spartacus.

>the sopranos
>mad men

Attached: tumblr_pndb5wssNW1st16ve_1280.jpg (540x400, 45K)

I second this recommendation, I Claudius is stunning

Three Kingdoms from China.

Attached: 1543822913808.webm (720x400, 2.91M)

Underrated post

It's actually better than trash like Game of Thrones and Rome HBO is really pozzed. Since they didn't delve more into the purging of the Jewish people in Judea.

>Why not both
Because 99% of soldiers wouldn't get promoted and they don't need some fancy shit on their helmets in case that happens. You just get a different helmet.

Marco Polo, Black Sails or the first two seasons of Vikings would be closest though none are as good.

yes

it was pretty awful

agreed

Attached: 1540079357602.jpg (900x1013, 83K)

I didnt enjoy Rome that much, but had a line of dialogue that i still remember today (and i watched it like 10 years ago) and thats more i can say about GoT and i have watched that shit way more recently.

PULLO FORMATION

/his/ fag here. From what I understand these helmets typically would have a small part on top used for attaching a crest like what's seen in the OP. Although whether these were used in battle is debatable. It's unlikely though given that someone could more easily remove a helmet with a crest during a battle. It's much more likely these crests were used exclusively for parades.

Are you still entranced by the designs your shit makes on the toilet paper when you wipe your ass?

Because your head seems to be entrenched up your own ass.

You don't know what "incredible" means but if your close your eyes and wish really hard it can mean whatever you want it means.

god I hate fucking retards

Attached: mfw.jpg (318x159, 6K)

He's obviously using it in the informal sense you brainlet. Here's a cap from the Oxford dictionary since you can't be bothered to read for more than two seconds.

Attached: 53453453563.png (750x433, 33K)

Attached: vlcsnap-error008.png (1920x1080, 1.62M)

Of course I know what incredible means, which is why Rome was incredible

>BOW!

>tv says rome is great, so give it a shot
>everyone in ancient rome speaks with a stupid british accent
dropped in 15 minutes.

it's too bad no one watched it

a second season would've been awesome