The Orville

when do we get the next episode, and how cancelled is this? will we ever get Alara back?

Attached: orvTOP.jpg (1200x773, 129K)

Next episode is in 8 days.

And no, Alara went to Star Trek: Picard.

>and how cancelled is this?
The cancellation is... Half in the bag.

Attached: macabre.png (217x217, 93K)

>Alara went to Star Trek: Picard.
God I wish that was true and I hate you because I know it isn't.

Attached: 6196000-9757000961-latest.jpg (720x1008, 146K)

She's on the newest show from Greg Berlanti's production company about a guy who's father was "not" Hannibal Lecter who works as a forensic expert solving serial killer cases.

i'd be ok with an elderly Picard mounting Alara

>when do we get the next episode
in 2 weeks

Attached: old journal.png (1280x720, 816K)

what did you think about the incel episode? i even forgot how it ended, it felt pointless

Attached: Or-s1_09-scott-hallway_1436_r2.jpg (1000x667, 81K)

>next ep
Soon
>how cancelled
Never
>alara
Never, I wish they didn't just replace her with another woman of the same race, felt like it ignored why alara was special and also seems to ignore the lore around their race (people in the service are looked down upon, unless that was just alaras family)

they explained it as nu-alara being from a traditionally military family. nu-alara actress is terrible though, she can't act and feels like it's just a random woman hanging out in a dress in the set

>I wish they didn't just replace her with another woman of the same race
but Talla a cute though

Attached: be patient.jpg (593x679, 171K)

she is terrible and not even mentally retarded, what's the point?

She is cute but I agree with other-user that her actress isn't acting for whatever reason (I feel like a lot of the direction on the show amounts to "just act like a normal dude it will be funny" and in her case she just ends up being a wooden performance with nothing to remember or care about to her character)

>her actress isn't acting for whatever reason
Really? I think she's playing the character fine, Talla is from a military family so she spent more time with other races than the xelayans since they're more intellectual (see how Alara was treated by her parents).

Attached: glove.webm (900x506, 1.1M)

It was a better take on "delete the wife" than Voyager.

They did a good job of making the simulated girl compellingly human instead of normally these types of episodes have the simulation girl some kind of manic pixie dream girl. It was about as good of an execution on the idea as you can get, just not a great concept to begin with.

How many total hours does this show spend arguing about 21st century relationship problems??

As many as it takes for everyone watching to get laid.

The Orville is for white incel manbabies.
Star Trek: Discovery is for strong, independent women and PoC.

It's also weird that she seemingly took over Alara's relationship level with the entire crew. It's like the family dog gets seamlessly replaced.

but Alara at least was retarded and sweet, nu-Alara has nothing except for getting mad at Bortus' wife for being too redpilled

That storyline would have worked so much better with Alara.

I haven't seen all the episodes of the newest season yet, so I could be super wrong, but so far she's been a complete non-character since she was introduced

And that's the worst part about this character, she's just clearly nu-alara with a characterization reboot

Janeway knew she was just playing a dating sim so it wasn’t emotionally poignant.

Why do people watch this shit?
It fails at being comedy.
It fails at being decent sci fi (hurrr durrr robots r evil our original enemy helps us to fight robots)
It fails at being action.

Nah, it’s a good concept, and it’s more relevant now than ever, even if Star Trek already did it two or three times.

Lazy writing. They just slotted her into Alara’s role in the scripts they had probably already written with minimal modification. Although I hope that Alara wasn’t going to date Bortus’s ex.

it's not great but it's not goofier than 90% of scifi

Attached: angry STD shill.png (446x460, 68K)

Berlanti .... the show will have a very gay focus.

I thought it was strange that the crew was weirded out by Malloy's program instead of being interested in getting to experience a historically accurate rendition of ancient everyday live.

stay ignorant and bluepilled, dumb sad alarafaggot

Dang you just got triggered hard by something, are you ok?