For some men these are the most precious, but I believe beneath them there is something even more precious than these...

>For some men these are the most precious, but I believe beneath them there is something even more precious than these. They are driven to pursue it, and they pursue is solely for their own sake, not other. One man's dream can hold dominion over the entire world, for one who dedicates his life to the forging of a single sword. While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men, and can cage them in suffering. Men life and die by their dreams, but long after they've been abandoned, they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead. For they have no dreams.

Attached: 2A96F203-DB38-4A42-94ED-810F0DD1B685.jpg (400x300, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dIoILN_KrhU
youtube.com/watch?v=GLg_wp0IXoI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

>DUDE I FRIKING LOVE BERSERK ITS SO DEEP AND DARK

Attached: 1554213641214.png (1228x1150, 230K)

are you drunk? why did you write this out so oddly?

this but unironically

>shit talks guts behind his back
>guts BTFOs cuckith and leaves
>"wtf, how could he do this to me"

Attached: 439.jpg (694x693, 36K)

Was it actually the author's own words or the translator's own?

>this but unironically
>dude berserk is like so freaking deep its like nietzsche
>also dont read it if your not mentally prepared it will fuck you up for life
dude gore and pointless shock value scenes for cheap attention grab lmao

Attached: 1552773238677.png (888x1191, 1.17M)

triggered

I dont hate berserk, its a fun adventure manga (that gets boring very quickly after eclipse). I hate fanbase that tricked me into reading 300 fucking chapters of it by claiming its some sort of masterpiece

>Oh hey Guts.

Attached: Tommy-Wiseau-1.jpg (1200x1621, 102K)

should i watch the anime or read the manga? if i'm not mistaken, there's two versions of anime, right? which would you recommend?

>Griffith: "Will you always be left doubting me... when I lay down my life for you?"

That was my favorite quote. My main man G was like, listen notherfucker, how many times do I have to save your ass before we tighter than 12 year old pussy, ya dig?!

Attached: 69.jpg (550x408, 33K)

the manga is pure, dark fantasy kino. The 97 anime is the best animated adaptation, the rest are garbage.

what do you like?

So Gutt's nickname, "The Struggler", is supposed to be ironic right?
He played into every part of the God Hand's plot
Even becoming a furry and getting the berserk fursuitsuit he can be the stand in for Fenrir for the generic Ragnarok finale.

cringe and retardpilled

>btw, all that stuff about not having friends or having no respect for anyone who follows me? I was just talkin shit trying to get into that bitch's pants. Didn't know you were listening, of course it's not true. Don't be mad and bail on us all, eventually causing demons to infest the entire world.

Attached: berserkar.jpg (400x347, 40K)

I can tell you are ugly.

Attached: qdvbIr3h0UEUGSKxJCwfWhnaB9wU-7g3stEPE7aLB3c.jpg (640x619, 130K)

Whatever i will say you will laugh off because you already have a prejudice against me

SEETHING incels

no, go ahead. this is a judgment free zone.

Death note

Guts should have died in the eclipse

Attached: 9mw9rt5an20y.jpg (1920x1080, 202K)

Are you really fat IRL like the dumb frog picture you posted?

Berserk is fucking garbage now and I’ll never forgive Miura for what he’s done to it
>it’s been well over a year since casca was healed and still hasn’t spoken to guts

What was he supposed to do?

Oof

what philosophy is this called

machiavellianism

That's just Japanese version of No country for old man

>blah blah blah i'm a giant faggot and I completley sold out my entire band of trusting companions so i can give my soul to some demons and become a rape god
>abloo blooo guts plz notice me ;_;

Griff in a nutshell

Attached: wjbcV6L.png (504x398, 309K)

YIKES

He literally did NOTHING WRONG.

Death Note was good until L died and got replaced with caffiene free diet L.
I stopped watching right up till there. The whole show just became fucking pointless after that

Attached: 1552288087040.jpg (310x326, 48K)

>its a fun adventure manga (that gets boring very quickly after eclipse)
Berserk gets boring after The Eclipse? What a shitty take to have. Did you give up with the "fairy" arc? Because everything after that is awesome.

Attached: 048.jpg (527x612, 92K)

Can Goblin Slayer beat it as best fantasy?

Instead of lowering your standards by consuming retarded animes, why don't they just make a proper movie about the ACTUAL Guts?

Götz von Berlichingen, aka the guy the protagonist of Berserk was based on:
- German Reichs-Knight who lost his hand from cannon fire
- Got himself an iron hand prosthetic as a replacement
- Could actually hold shields and swords and even fight with it
- Was actually nicknamed "The Iron Hand" by some during his time
- Didn't stop him from continuing his military career
- If he wasn't fighting in battles or defending castles, he raided merchants for fun
- Bought a goddamn fortress to call his own
- Got captured and thrown into prison several times but his redpilled bros got him out
- Lead a peasant rebellion against the local church after them naming him their leader
- Got captured again and told to remain in his fortress like a cuckshed
- The Kaiser himself said "fuck that shit, you're fighting for me"
- Continued to slay Kebabs of the Ottoman Empire and French invaders
- Literally came up with the saying "suck my ass" (or rather "tell your lord he can lick the inside of my ass")
- Married twice and left the world with 3 daughters and 7 sons

Damn, if that ain't Götzkino, I don't know what is.

Attached: Götz von fucking Berlichingen.jpg (1194x1096, 229K)

>why don't they just make a proper movie about the ACTUAL Guts?
As if anybody would know who this fuck is without Berserk.

this

Attached: 1477610526021.gif (550x400, 1.43M)

How the fuck can you hold anything with a static iron prosthetic?

Kind of just sounds like a retard that nobody gave a shit about. I'm guessing his parents were really rich and he was a drunkard.

Based.

There are non-retarded animes?

Don't fucking reply to this post, I don't give a shit about your faggot Japanese cartoons.

it's heartwarming to see one of my only shoddy attempts at making a meme still pops up years later. it was a pretty ripe idea i guess

>weeaboos thinking their precious animes are a source of originality

Face it, chinks don't have a drop of creativity in them. They just monkey whatever the West has been doing ever since the Americans politically colonized their banana-shaped island.

Attached: ar.jpg (450x450, 26K)

Everything you claimed could be completely true, and it still wouldn't fucking matter, because nobody gives a fuck about the guy Guts was based on. Period.

>Guts
>Nosferatu Zodd

Were they fucking serious with those names? Berserker is trash.

Attached: 34756345357.jpg (257x253, 14K)

Imagine being this American.

You retarded anime faggots have your own board, fuck off

t. faggots hating on anime-manga on a site originally created for anime-manga discussion

Attached: 1553633620488.jpg (1024x576, 97K)

Imagine being this delusional.

>hey user watchu reading?
>berserk
>oh, what's it's about?
>("don't look!" "His Penis. It was almost too big, too thick, too long to be a penis but it was a penis nonetheless.")
>uh, dreams

Ouch, I was actually expecting something decent..

Baki

Attached: WSqCETr.jpg (745x1225, 128K)

I think it was actually able to move.
I don't know how, but it wasn't just a lump in the shape of an arm.
I'm continually surprised at the real level of tech there was in the past.

Did Casca enjoy it?

Post your Top 10 Manga... NOW!

The guardians have power over and draw on the desires of human beings. Casca hates what is being done to her but is forced into pleasure by a being which can manipulate human emotions and sensations.

of course, she's a female meme

The 97 anime is great but it's pretty much only the prequel arc, before stuff got really fucked.

The 90s anime has a godhand-tier soundtrack.

Manga is the only option, trust me the first 23 volumes are pure 10/10 kino. It goes downhill after that but its still atleast a 7/10 onward

this guy is correct, just listen to the soundtrack while reading the manga though

Read the manga. The art becomes greater as the volumes go on and the details are lost in animation. The original anime was directed by the team who made Pokemon and therefore loses artistic impact of the original although the story is still faithful.

The golden age movies are fine but the artistry is given a bland sheen by the use of CGI. The new series is worse in that respect with a lower budget.

Are you mentally ill?

not in the least better in any way than what you're criticizing

what did miura mean by this? isn't this line a bit on the nose?

Attached: berserk.png (1175x1320, 514K)

based baki poster

youtu.be/dIoILN_KrhU

>Pathos intensifies

I bet you had no dreams or gave up on them that's why you can't appreciate "muh dreams"

>a bit on the nose?
what kind of expression is this

YIBBA YOBBA YOO HOO HOO HOO

It was good to a point. Could have chose worse desu

It's a truth. He is providing neither a positive or negative connotation, it just is. His actions were negative, but the point is undeniable.

>His Penis. It was almost too big, too thick, too long to be a penis but it was a penis nonetheless.
Well, as a dicklet I don't like reading about Thundercocks, so it's a PASS for me! Whose dick is being described though?

mine

Attached: 1530123308297.jpg (511x671, 33K)

I got bored of Berserk right after rape horse. Read Kingdom instead plebs.

it goes to shit very soon after

does kingdom have boobies like berk?

Watching his wife get spitroasted by Jamal and Trayqwan.

Why does so much anime have frilly shirts and Victorian shit in it?

About 20 pages of boob out of 600 chapters.

>implying the golden age arc isn't kino

it's a maymay
there's an edit of guts, whose sword sparked that thought, where instead of a massive sword over his shoulder he's slung a massive cock.
i'm not going to post it because faggots will get me banned and i cbf ban evading.
speaking about dicks though, i think the usual Yea Forumsutists did the measurements and pegged guts at smaller than griffth,the latter being more of a shower than a grower and despite the size disparity between the two
i can't remember
it's fucking cartoon dicks ffs give me a break

>fun adventure manga

cast them

Attached: cascagutsgriffith.jpg (600x293, 51K)

I went and googled it, an apparently Guts has a flaccid 6" dick? And it's supposed to be small according to R*ddit? And Griffith got his dick removed by some torturer?

youtube.com/watch?v=GLg_wp0IXoI
Behelit theme is awesome and unsettling

Attached: 1515425472392.png (1250x1404, 260K)

so many cringelords triggered
gotta love Yea Forums

nobody gives a fuck about Miura's digital comic anymore either
He's probably playing idolm@ster right now

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Rebel Wilson, John Boyega, Stephan James

OH NO NO NO

So then what would the rest of Berserk be about? Rickert and Casca? Could still be cool desu. I've only watched the 97 anime and a few pages of manga though.

berserk gets so fucking gay after the conviction arc

Attached: file.png (720x698, 598K)

Attached: 1553787362176.jpg (950x400, 51K)

>criticizes Berserk
>praises Death Note
Literally how does that work in your mind, I'm not even mad, just baffled

Not the person you're quoting, but I personally read everything up until when Griffith comes back, at which point it was just too cringe and hacky to handle. Every single character introduced after the eclipse sucked, buddy, and you know this is the truth. Also, readers have to contend with Puck's constant commentary on Gutts's emotional state and also Puck's sorry attempts at humor. There's a reason that the 2016 Berserk anime was a colossal failure - and I'll give you a hint: it wasn't the corny CG animation's fault. The writing quality comes to such a screeching halt. The fact that Griffith comes back to life is essentially Kentaro Miura himself admitting that Berserk was only ever worth reading/watching when it was about Griffith, but he's a washed-up Idolmaster addict at this point of his life and not really a story teller anymore. Reminds me of Prison Break where the only good season was season 1, and then the convicts escape and the writers don't know how to fill the time. So what do they do? Throw the cast back into prison (aka revive Griffisu). I'm sorry your taste is so shit and I do hope you grow out of it