Opinions about pic related

Opinions about pic related

Attached: aeon.jpg (630x1200, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_Television
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Based. The live action is a travesty. The animated series invited us to such a weird world without fully explaining it but providing enough foundation to get hooked in.

Animated series 10/10

Very good, i liked it

thumbs up from me.

Animated shorts series is brilliant, animated episodic series is pretty good, movie is pure shit.
Started watching the shorts as part of a show called ‘liquid tv’ back in the late 90’s that was sent to me on VHS from the states as it wasn’t broadcast in my country.

*plop*

the moment it went downhill

Attached: Aeon_Flux_drops_the_egg.jpg (560x416, 26K)

I liked it, I also like the Alexander the Great tv show the creator made.

>I also like the Alexander the Great tv show the creator made.

really? i got through about half of it, and it was like wading through a river of warm peanut butter. could not stay awake.

Really enjoy it, wish there were more western animation like it.

Attached: output1.webm (920x512, 2.88M)

It's one of those shows that I haven't seen yet.

Excellent on every level

This equally makes me want to watch the show and stay the heck away from it.

it looks cool and i havent seen it and no one else has seen it so i say ive seen it so i look cool

This and most everything on Liquid Television was great.
The Head Saves the World
Beavis and Butt-Head
The Maxx
Daria

The 90's was the height of western animation.

Liquid television? what is that? the bongistan version of MTV?

kino and pleb filter

Attached: FUCKTHEFRENCH.png (440x359, 114K)

Which episode is everyone's favourite?

Mine's probably Chronophasia.

Watched it as a kid and didn't understand it, watched as an adult and realized there was nothing to understand.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_Television

Though not on MTV, the 90's also had Spawn, Batman: TAS, and Cybersix. I miss my old cartoons.

It makes more sense if you approach it as a character driven thing rather than a story driven thing.

Aeon Flux herself does a lot of morally questionable things in the half hour series, and this feels like a logical extension of her repeated failures in the silent shorts; only instead of her failures being the result of physical clumsiness, they're more the result of her personality. She's not a hero any more than Trevor is a villain.

>be kid
>wake up early saturday
>watch dj cat show with linda de mol
Best childhood.

That's probably my least favourite one because it's so nonsensical. My favourite is the one where she clones herself and dies.

What daya think of having her redoing a film ?

Attached: DB016DD4-511E-4C30-B4B5-302C8357E159.gif (500x282, 1.37M)

>A masculine genderfluid female hero who works sometimes as a prostitute defeats the rich corrupt evil white guy

Propaganda designed to appear cool to the eyes of young cucks, and everyone still thinks it started with SJWs LMAO.
I just imagine the amount of butthurt that this little clenched fist of truth of mine will cause since it seems that this degenerate garbage is well loved here.

Attached: index.jpg (220x229, 9K)

That's pretty much the experience of the show itself.

i dont think its much of a secret that early-mid 90's MTV pushed the 'grrrl power' meme pretty hard, but at least they got talented creators to do it instead of mediocre calarts NPCs

Why did you post GI joe? Are you unironically autistic?

>that episode they try to launch the demiurge into space
>i cant remember anything else about it but when i try i get visions of a lidless eye and shivers in my spine

this show was something else

Also they still had the balls to give them character flaws, and Aeon Flux is probably as flawed as it gets.

>instead of mediocre calarts NPCs

Literal products of that era, or at least their older siblings were.

>Calling Cobra Commander GI Joe
Here comes the arrogance of someone who don't know shit yet throws judgments. In other words NPC

>knowing the names of toys
Deffo autistic lmao

It's duh bees knees

kino

Retard

I loved the really experimental feel it had to it. Sex and violence being sort of interlinked. Main villain and main character having all this tension going between them. Interesting concepts about society being addressed. Art style also fit the world and the stories being told perfectly. Overall a very high quality animated show.
>wading through a river of warm peanut butter
That sounds really pleasant so your analogy is pretty counter-intuitive.

I haven't seen this show but I feel like most people who like it would also like Texhnolyze though that show is far more depressing.

People often times brush it off as being nonsensical and focus on the animation but I think the thematic elements in it are just as great. The disjointed presentation just throws people off; a true brainlet filter.
Also, the fellow who made this also had a big hand in creating Rugrats which is funny to think about.

dear diary, today Yea Forums was pretty cool

>movie was utter shit
Retards shouldn't be allowed to post.

I am going to guess most people on this thread are looking through their nostalgia goggles and haven't seen this since the 90s.

The original shorts are great. The TV series did not age all that well. No one will convince me to watch the live action.

Attached: logical.jpg (500x398, 147K)

>The original shorts are great. The TV series did not age all that well

Wrong, the TV series is kino. The shorts were the best but it's hard to have a ongoing series with a silent protagonist who dies every episode. The series gave Aeon an actual personality, kept the weirdness of the shorts and improved the quality of animation. If the shorts are 10/10 the series is a 9.5.

t. watched the show last night

Attached: SsH1QrK.jpg (621x828, 39K)

I don't think anyone here is defending the live action

I think even the author or Aeon FLux repudiatiated that shitshow

Liquid tv was schizo as fuck, any random episode could be godawful or insanely awesome, but it since it never devoted too much time to any one bit at the very least it was never boring.

Zoomers can't even understand how valuable a weird and unpredictable show like that was back in the day when things weren't available on demand. You took what you could get back then.

Attached: 1525211897649.gif (678x422, 186K)

the style is too fucking cool and its always impressive to imagine that now, with all the technology, all they can offer is cal arts shit and what? ricky and morty?

i was hoping that sex death and robots could break the cycle but its more empty crap with no sense of COOL, just animation companies doing demo reels.

Attached: 1550577872237.png (496x398, 187K)

I feel like James Woods would've been a godtier Trevor Goodchild.

>trevor's fucking earhole fetish
Every goddamn time.

I watched it for the first time a couple months ago and I disagree. It still holds up and was a breath of fresh air to me compared to most modern cartoons.

The shorts were better than the series. Trying to give Aeon Flux an overarching plot is what ruined it to begin with.

It is pretty fuckin based. Once I'm caught up with Dororo I'm gonna watch it from the start.

Trevor is the word "degenerate" incarnate. The guy is into any fetish you can imagine, he even wanted to fuck that bird thing in the second episode or the time traveling alien in the last one.

>Trying to give Aeon Flux an overarching plot is what ruined it to begin with.
The full episodes never had an overarching plot though. She even still dies in a couple of them.

Wow! I haven't thought of Adrianne Curry in about 20 years!

They're making a live-action series, same with Daria. How can any creative person watch Aeon Flux and think "yeah, this totally doesn't need to be animated, that's not an important part of what I'm watching"

Attached: 1514593917993.jpg (537x525, 30K)

I hate the rugrats tier music

Attached: file.png (970x546, 680K)

feet

they already made a live action movie and it was shit

i think the live action was doomed from the start. part of what made the animation so memorable and interesting was the extremely exaggerated character and environment designs and expressive animation style.

the live action didnt stylize at all, and felt incredibly flat by comparison, all other points aside. visual style was a big part of it, and live action adaptations usually miss the mark on this part

Reminder that he did absolutely nothing wrong.

Attached: goodchild.jpg (600x400, 35K)

He'd be insulted and kind of dejected to hear you say that.
The guy loves being an immoral fuck.

Nah, he did plenty wrong

So did everybody else

There's not one character in the show who actually did nothing wrong except maybe the Demiurge

Yeah, the soundtrack is actually wack lmao. The only other big flaws in my opinion are sometimes the voice acting is laughably bad and there are some moments where the animation gets pretty rough

It's literally by one of the guys who came up with Rugrats.

Peak 90s degeneracy.

I kind of like it just because it reinforces the bizarreness of the setting and events.

Did the director have a foot fetish? Aeon gets her feet licked in several episodes.

Too fat. They should have hired that weird skelly youtube chick to play her.

You could probably lump the valkyrie type beings in with the Demiurge too.