Linus Sandgren (La La Land, First Man) is the DP of the new Bond movie. Also...

Linus Sandgren (La La Land, First Man) is the DP of the new Bond movie. Also, it's the first Bond movie to be shot in IMAX.

Attached: Screenshot_20190331-083432__01.jpg (1080x1334, 295K)

damn nice

:)

Attached: Eh3qPzb3.jpg (400x400, 18K)

Dishonest cinematography

D I S H O N E S T

What's so special about IMAX? The aspect ratio is less wide than normal movies, but is there anything else? Do people really prefer the 16:9 ratio?

Looks cool innit

There are no borders, IMAX goes full screen.

IMAX IS SHIT

not an argument

>Do people really prefer the 16:9 ratio?
The cancer that has watched home video has always preferred whatever format fits their entire screen. Be it 4:3 and fuck letterboxing, or 16:9 and fuck 2.35:1.
It's because of them we have to suffer and some minimum-wage fuckhead in Mexico essentially REDIRECTS the movie by deciding what gets cropped.
Because UGGGHH I CAN'T HAVE BLACK BARS ON MUH TEE-VEE

I dont give a fuck about black bars really. Whats annoying is them switching between imax shots and other shots so you are constantly switch between black bars and fullscreen

Attached: Interstellar Movie Barcode Shows a Mish-Mash of Aspect Ratios.jpg (6000x3000, 3.76M)

Why don't they get Roger Diekins again?
He did a great job with Skyfall.

Attached: 1536046548114.jpg (2000x1389, 389K)

Deakins is busy snorting coke and fucking hookers after that Oscar win.

it's the combination of filmmakers feeling special and kikes charging you more for it and use it to sell
>cinematography
>posts still frames

I thought it was the director's job to figure out what kind of shots to make for the movie. The photographer wagies are just there to help him do the grunt work

Yep. Pretty much. They do a lot of the leg work. They're very useful if it's a new director, but not otherwise. That's why PTA doesn't use one anymore.

The cinematographer can have a lot of influence.
Spectre was made by Sam Mendes too and it didn't look as good as Skyfall.

Attached: 1530782387449.jpg (5760x2424, 934K)

Explain how movies look borderless in IMAX

It does if the director lets him.
Some directors let them have more input, some directors don't even get cinematographers.
Cinematographers are basically just assistants.

Who gives a fuck? If the movie sucks it doesn't matter.