MARK HAMILL IS THE NEW CHUCKY

MARK HAMILL IS THE NEW CHUCKY

>Hamill joins a cast that includes Aubrey Plaza, Gabriel Bateman, and Brian Tyree Henry in the “contemporary re-imagining” of the 1988 horror hit that follows the malevolent path of a Buddi doll that is sentient, bloodthirsty, and not as friendly as his smile. The news was announced at Orion’s pane presentation today at WonderCon, in Anaheim. Fans bellowed their excitement when Hamill appeared on overhead video screens in a taped greeting.
>deadline.com/2019/03/childs-play-mark-hamill-tar-wars-joker-chucky-orion-1202585616/

Attached: mark-hamill-e1553993837459.jpg (446x299, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/1112163481803849728?s=19
youtu.be/N3PZFz6T8wY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How does that work? Isn't it supposed to just be a malfunctioning AI?

Glad he is getting more roles after the way Luke was treated in TLJ.

It is, but the AI can still have a voice. Leaked story details confirmed that Chucky Will Steal Andy's Dead father personality trying to fix Andy's depression or some shit, so probably Hamill is both Chucky's AI and Andy's Father.

Aubrey Plaza getting fIckes by Mark Hamill? Gross!

He's Luke Skywalker AND The Joker. Why not I guess.

She did it with DiNero...she does it with a lot of creepy older actors.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 20K)

Could they not get Brad Dourif?

>Chucky is a rogue A.I. instead of a doll possessed by a serial killer
I'll pass

I think Mancini is contuining his timeline on a tv series? So maybe they wan't no overlaps or something

Don't even like the Chucky movies, for all I care there was only a trilogy and it was Child's Play 1-3.

His Busy with Mancini doing the TV Show Sequel of "Cult Of Chucky". Still, Hamill is a worthy sucessor. It could've been much worse.

They did the remake behind Mancin's back just after he did the latest sequel. Doubt Dourif would do it without him at this point.

You’ve got a point
I almost jerked it to that scene

This
I’ll even go as far as the fourth one but that’s it

That's pretty good casting actually, I didn't even think of it. He might be too goofy though.

honestly the series is unlike every other horror franchise of its time in how there's always been the same person driving the story (Don Mancini) and rather than keep making the same movie over and over (as Friday or Halloween or Freddy) eventually did he started going off weird tangets just to keep it fresh. yeah, it's dumb and kinda schlocky, but also genuine entertaining.

Why would you want the remake to be 100% like the original?
I bet you like the Psycho remake.

Or Joker-esque. But I dunno, if he sounds like he does in the last seconds of this video, he will have a nice contrast with Brad's Chucky: twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/1112163481803849728?s=19

>Brad Dourif
>Oh I guess thats the voice of Chucky, I never bothered to remember it for some reason
>I bet he looks like white trash, I vaguely remember him looking like white trash
>google his roles
>bunch of whatever film roles, holy shit he was Wormtongue
>mfw he's Doc goddamn Cochran

Attached: 1544682071907.png (842x437, 604K)

>Not knowing Dourif's God-tier career.

Attached: Carl.jpg (250x200, 12K)

then who is going to be Sneedy????

Ironic since I’ve said for years Brad Dourif would’ve been a magnificent joker in the 80’s/90’s. One of my most adamant fag fan casts

If I remember right, Dourif was Burton's Top Choice for The Joker role in his Batman movie before Bob Kane suggested to bring Nicholson.

Attached: dbbf5du-3e5b5a8b-dd5d-4417-a34e-5c194111cffc.jpg (1212x1528, 546K)

If that’s true Bob Kane is an even bigger piece of shit than I thought he was

God dammit why can't Aubrey Plaza be my gf

I dunno.

>Dourif instead of Nicholson.
>Dourif with Nicholson's Joker Make-Up and Clothes.
>Dourif with Killing Joke's Hair Style.
>Chucky Voice.
>Skinny Joker instead of Fat Joker.
>Young Joker, so he couldn't have killed Bruce's parents.
>If he doesn't Kill his parents, Batman won't try yo Kill him like he did.
>Dourif Young Joker probably would've survived.

FUCK you're right.

Yeah my only worry is it will be too Joker-y, but it sounds like they're doing a different character entirely. Which is probably a good thing.

Based as fuck
I love Mark

There hasn’t been one on screen joker yet that’s actually portrayed his depraved sense of humor on film. Nicholson was more like Romero with a gangsters edge, ledger was a projection of Yea Forums tryhard edge, Leto’s was zoomer incarnate.

Dourif given a couple comics and a good wardrobe would’ve been a slam dunk

Attached: D9BC5EDB-F85D-4518-8296-936C3ED0DD61.jpg (1008x1218, 192K)

Reminder that the original series is still being made and will be producing a tv show soon.

>Original Series still going in TV Show.
>Remake has Mark Hamill as New Chucky of all people.

The only thing missing is a New Comicbook series. Who should Write It?

Grant Morrison

Turns out Hamill already acted as Chucky in "Robot Chicken": youtu.be/N3PZFz6T8wY

No Dourif, no buy

Attached: Grima.jpg (360x450, 29K)

He was fantastic in the X-Files.

I never realized that was him till now. Not bad impersonation of Dourif.

Lol wut it sounds nothing like Dourif.

>no obnoxious photoshop filters
>no color grading
>bodies and faces are distorted and full of life, no stiff traced 3d shit

Fucking based
I miss when comics looked this fucking good

I've never watched chucky but my dad used to pull the dvd cover out to scare me when i was a kid, so i have fond memories

Have they given a plausible reason not to bring back Dourif?

Gotta meet those deadlines!

Attached: 3435411-og8wo.jpg (970x666, 140K)

No, but the logical reason would be it's a different universe/timeline.

Me too man... me too : |

Who cares? Chucky is a verbal slasher. He lives and dies by his dialogue. The reboot version of Freddy was rejected by fans because Robert Englund was too closely associated with the role.
If Hamill is just going to be a Dourif voice alike, then there's no reason not to hire Dourif in the first place.

Yeah Jason should be a psycho highschool hockey player in the next movie

>If Hamill is just going to be a Dourif voice alike, then there's no reason not to hire Dourif in the first place.
I kind of hope Mark won't be too much of a sound alike and be his own thing.

15 years ago I'd say this was a good move, not Brad, but decent. However if his recent joker offerings are any indication he's a bit past his prime as a VA. So I dunno. Either way I know I'm always going to hear an echo of Dourif in anything Chucky.

Seed of Chucky killed the Chucky franchise. Universal was against all of Mancin's ideas like making Chuckys son a feminine Transgender doll, bring Jennifer back, and making it a romantic horror comedy. This was the reason it took them so many years to do do a follow up of Bride of Chucky, and it's the reason Universal wouldn't put their name on it and made it Focus Features film. They cut the budget so hard that
Mancin was forced to film it in some weird country that now shares the Seed of Chucky distribution rights.

Attached: focus-features-universal-pictures-logo.jpg (446x299, 27K)

I'd actually go see it for this reason alone

You say that sarcastically, but it does have potential

>“contemporary re-imagining”

I look forward to the rich diversity and the shake up of gender norms

Attached: GettyImages-1058470920[1].jpg (1280x720, 156K)

The new "Remake" basically just race swaps the original characters. There will even be a few black Good Guy dolls in the new remake.

It's basically Child's Play (1988) + Diversity = Better

Attached: chucky-returns-in-first-child-s-play-remake-trailer__478052.jpg (1363x532, 196K)

If Child's Play 2020 featured Aubrey Plaza getting blacked it will be all worth it.

Attached: Aubrey-Plaza-for-Rogue-Magazine-2017--01-662x993[1].jpg (662x993, 92K)

Aubrey Plaza is a geezer fucker.

Aubrey Plaza isn't even white tho. Shes mixed and looks Hispanic. What's the point of getting hyped if the chick isn't even a real white girl?

There were nigger cabbage patch kids if that eases your autism. Good Guy dolls were a parody of that.

>Also played the weird ass fucking Gediman in Alien Resurrection, with RON FUCKING PERLMAN.

I love Dourif. Dude takes any role that catches his fancy. Lets not forget Blue Velvet.

I love aubrey plaza but the idea of her playing some normie single mom sounds boring as fuck and a waste of her