Could Blomkamp make a good full lenght halo movie today?

Could Blomkamp make a good full lenght halo movie today?

Attached: 2009-162728-halo-warthog-full-function-vehicle-prop1.jpg (1920x1080, 422K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Xi4hW0ybgk
halopedia.org/M7_SMG
childrenofadeadearth.wordpress.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No. He has lost all sense of story and besides Peter Jackson and his wife rewrote the shit out of his best film and help guide it into home plate right through to post. Blompkampf is one style and that style is old and withering on the vine now.

Honestly, right now: There is no director I think capable of helming a good Halo movie. Blomkamp is an atrocious story teller. Nolan would focus on the wrong things. Del Toro maybe, but he would need a really good DP. Jackson is the only answer but yeah...not gonna happen.

And if someone dares to say Cameron....just no.

i just injested 90 mgs of adderall xr and im about to stomp the fuck out of halo 2

I can’t say I’m envious, but I am a little turned on. N-no homo...

I’ll do it. I’ll do three installments starting with the Forerunners and then segway to the merit hungry

The unfortunate thing with adapting Halo is the first movie is more of a sci-fi adventure war film then halfway through is more of a horror film. The character development that would be present from the start in traditional story structure doesn't happen until Halo 2. It's possible, but the first movie probably won't sell audiences and you'd be banking on pre-established fans as the audience. Which could work, have to see how Halo Infinite's numbers do.

>inb4 "just tell different stories from across the universe, it doesn't have to be 1:1 to the game!"
yes it does, are you going to pay $15 to see a Halo movie without Master Chief as the protag? Go watch the direct to DVD garbage I'm not talking about you, Halo Legends, you're great

He can’t even make a good full-length movie today

Ridley Scott could easily do it, but I don't think he even knows what Halo is.

Halo is dated AF.
>500 years in the future
>rifles firing cartridges

At least it's not like in covenant
>2104
>DUDE AR BUT WITH WHITE RAILS

Attached: 586db668f34ee_CovenantAR1.jpg.133f48a05d97c9cdf8b842fcff61a802.jpg (407x398, 37K)

That was just lazy. At least Cameron tried to do something new with guns.

there is literally nothing wrong with this

Propose an alternative to modern day rifles, that can be transported and operated by an adult male.

Caseless ammunition

literally in the game

HK literally made a caseless rifle in the 80s. There's no excuse not to have all of them caseless at the very least.

Some guy on youtube made a railgun in his garage. You can have railguns, plasma, and direct energy weapons. How about a future version of the gyrojet that works, or something with flechettes like the ACR program?

Airburst munitions like the XM25 OICW. Weapons with alternate firing modes (a la Doom) or attachments like a grenade launcher or shotgun.

My point is, Halo works its own video game world, but would not be believable in a cinematic world because real world technology has progressed so far already that it would be unrealistic to have humans being so un-advanced 500 years in the future.

yeah made the pulse rifles and he copied that shit over and over and never made anything actually new. Avatar gear looks pretty much stolen from the sketchbook of Aliens. He can do nice stuff but he tends to be a lazy fucker with designs.
I rather have Blomkampf take care of the vistuals style of shit and Cameron do the rest.
Elysium is fucking horrid, but there's some nice crap all over the place even int he slums on Earth.

Blomkampf doesn't make films. He makes CGI concept demos. That's his pedigree. That's what he knows.

Cameron can at least tell a coherent story, though cliched, withint a tech demo.

The time for a Halo movie has long since past. Halo is a shell of its former self, and I don't thing there's anything they can do to bring it back. Fuck 343, fuck Bungie, and fuck niggers

Attached: 1526762525846.jpg (295x378, 11K)

That's intentional. The developers said guns and Jeep's are more fun than some futuristic weapon that will be totally unrecognizable

Here's how you do it. Put out an adaptation of Fall Of Reach and just call the movie Reach. The story stands well on its own, it lets you assess the interest for a Halo movie without putting all your eggs in one basket by making an expensive combat evolved adaptation. If Reach is a success you can easily lead into a master chief trilogy and just call it Halo. It's so simple

This.
youtube.com/watch?v=6Xi4hW0ybgk

>had scheduled time off from work last month
>ended up getting sick as hell
>stuck in my house for days doing nothing
>decide to boot up the Master Chief Collection and do a marathon run of Halo CE-3
>play on Heroic because I’ve done solo Legendary enough times in the past to never want to put myself through it again
>had an absolute blast

Goddamn I forgot just how good those campaigns are, especially Halo 2. The anniversary treatment for H2 is absolutely gorgeous as well. But uhhh, Halo 3 was a mixed bag. Gameplay-wise, the campaign is fantastic but the narrative/writing feels very hit or miss. The story just doesn’t make a whole lot of sense and at different points I had to stop and think “why am I here and what exactly am I doing?”. CE and 2 didn’t have this issue at all.

there's a board for gun autism

Ridley Scott hasn't made a good movie in like 15 years. A Scott Halo movie would be a Blompkamp Halo movie: extremely pretty but stupid

Those banshee missions were shit.

Wow it's almost like it's sci-fantasy or something. You fucking idiot. There are a billion movies set in the fat future in which people use modern day technology weapons.

jesus it's cringy when you hear it out loud. I liked these books as a kid though.

>Believable
You retarded pleb. Grounding the humans and making them extremely unadvanced in certain areas was completely unintentionally and part of Halo's personality. Flying cars, laser guns and whatever else just aren't halo, the UNSC even use paper and filing cabinets. Of the humans had Star Wars or Star Trek tech they wouldn't be different enough from the covenant and wouldn't feel like relatable underdogs. And it's not just like there's been no technological advancement in 500 years. They have super advanced AI and FTL travel. Halo is intentionally rips off Aliens and Vietnam for the humans because it's so recognisable while making the covenant and forerunner aesthetics the most unique and iconic art and design in any sci-fi work of the 21st century.

>Avatar gear looks pretty much stolen from the sketchbook of Aliens
No it doesn't

Attached: 309Secops_Grunt_AB.jpg (800x1131, 263K)

>Believable
You retarded pleb. Grounding the humans and making them extremely unadvanced in certain areas was completely intentionally and part of Halo's personality and charm. Flying cars, laser guns and whatever else just aren't halo, the UNSC even use paper and filing cabinets. If the humans had Star Wars or Star Trek tech they wouldn't be different enough from the covenant and wouldn't feel like relatable underdogs. And it's not just like there's been no technological advancement in 500 years. They have super advanced AI and FTL travel. Halo is intentionally rips off Aliens and Vietnam for the humans because it's so recognisable while making the covenant and forerunner aesthetics the most unique and iconic art and design in any sci-fi work of the 21st century. It's the exact same decision Cameron took when making the human aesthetic for Avatar.

They don't get issued condoms to fuck the blue cats?

Every guy in the western world already knows the story of Halo. They've seen the characters go through a million arcs already. Halo can NEVER be a good movie in its own right because the story would be tainted by everyone's prior knowledge of the plot twists, character secrets, character deaths and the overall direction the story is heading in.

Attached: __samus_aran_metroid_drawn_by_space_jin__c644c304900b4a12f41be3edc5b98727[1].jpg (850x1400, 148K)

Could Blomkamp make a good movie period? It seems almost impossible.

Good god no. He wasn't fit to direct District 9 either. The only thing he's concerned with are how cool mech and guns are in his movies. Seriously, he can't tell a two minute story that doesn't revolve around said items, which makes him a very limited, if not, none existent storyteller. Honestly, he should just stick to directing video game trailers. It's more up his alley.

>the Oats short films were god awful

Live action halo tv series is being made right now FYI

I know, and you are right, but he is good at making some stuff look nice and also has his own style that's recognizable. Mechs, weapons, you see some of his and you immediately know he had a hand on those.
I wouldn't mind to get a movie with Cameron in charge of the story and Blomkampf of the styling.

vehicles, ships, weapons, the fucking loader and other stuff could be interchangeable between Aliens/Avatar.

There's a board for video game autism.
>can't make an argument without personal insults
>i-it was intentionally retarded
Like I said, it is fine for a video game, not good enough for a modern movie. It took us only 100 years from first flight to modern aviation. In that same 100 years, weapons have progressed from basics to railguns and lasers.

I get that Halo was a product of its time, but there needs an update regarding weapons. Even the new Halo games agree with me, adding railguns, lasers, smart weapons, etc.

They can't make a Halo movie based on a game without revamping almost all of the technology in it.

If people watched movies to be surprised M.Night Shamalan would be the richest filmmaker in history. As it turns out the most successful film in history is quite similar to Halo, and Avatar is also the most predictable old story ever.
>Inb4 avatar is not good
It's well written, well directed, well edited, well scored, has great pacing with good action scenes and tonnes of spectacle, everything a blockbuster like Halo needs to be good.

TV shows can suck my dick. They're all trash because of the formulas they have to follow. The only time it ever worked for me was a very specific instance, which was the last couple episodes of the Ghost in the Shell SAC anime, where the plot shifted into 5th gear.

Nu-halo is shit. They agreed with you and ruined the artstyle completely. You have weapon autism and can't comprehend artstyle. It wasn't a product of its time because we knew about rail guns and causeless ammunition in 2001. It would just be boring as fuck. Guess what star wars should have better weapons too, do you want to get rid of the lightsaber?

>vehicles, ships, weapons, the fucking loader and other stuff could be interchangeable between Aliens/Avatar.
How do these similar at all other than both being powersuit type things?

Attached: comparison.jpg (536x333, 53K)

so the weapons you want are in the game? What are you even whining about then?
They could easily make a movie with the game aesthetics, the game is a self-admitted Aliens ripoff after all. That movie's been done already and it worked fine.

I never said anything about the art style. Quit defending the designers being lazy.

It's a shooter. You say weapon autism like its a bad thing. Don't be a boomer stuck in the past without imagination.

We're talking about a movie not the game. They can make a movie, but it will be a flawed movie. Aliens was considered advanced at its time. A Halo movie will not be that's my point. One of the glaringly unbelievable parts is the human primary firearms.

>Lazy
>Because the human guns use bullets
>Even though their still excellently designed, iconic while looking like no existing guns
>Even though they also made a bunch of alien guns as well that don't use bullets

Doom has modern day weapons as well

Based ?!

>investigate new planet
>no suits/helmet

Attached: A0B53E62-3F52-46E7-AD99-C18EEA20E6F2.png (1334x750, 1.59M)

It's about world building. Weapons say a lot about the premise and the technological level of the humans. It's inconsistent to have FTL drives, MAC guns, Mjornir suits, smart AI and still use pump-action shotguns and ballistic projectile firearms.

I get what the game designers wanted to do, but a movie (a good one) will need to play by different rules. Doom doesn't take itself too seriously, but Halo wants to be a serious emotional story.

>thinks directed-energy weapons will ever be a thing
LMAO NO

Metal-shards traveling at high velocity will forever be the standard. DE weapons are just a gimmick just like robotic mechas. Prove me wrong, bitch.

>but a movie (a good one) will need to play by different rules
why? Many, many good movies have unrealistic firearm usage in them.
>Halo wants to be a serious emotional story.
and gun autism has no significance to the emotional impact.

Having some technologies be super advanced and some be stunted is literally peak world building and hits a lot about the state of human society in the halo universe and where their priorities and expertise lie. Also using bullets actually makes sense in-universe since plasma weapons are better at taking down shields but less effective at killing unshielded targets, and except for Spartans humans don't use shields.
>A movie will need to play by different rules
Yeah like aliens and dredd and total recall and RoboCop and Starship Troopers... Go back to /k/

>Get a nerf gun and paint it black
>It's the future!
BRAVO RIDLEY

Attached: 1553548707489.jpg (500x609, 64K)

No. He's a one hit wonder.

>>inb4 "just tell different stories from across the universe, it doesn't have to be 1:1 to the game!"
>yes it does, are you going to pay $15 to see a Halo movie without Master Chief as the protag

yes I would retard, either way MC has plenty of tales to tell before the game events happen. the games themselves would never work as movies and I don't want them to be. there is tons of eu stuff they can adapt without even needing to write much, and since most people haven't read the books they won't know what happens

are these real props from the movie? They look so unprofessional for hollywood props.

You're right, Forward Unto Dawn and Nightfall were totally interesting and not at all unambitious pieces of shit.

Attached: Halo_Nightfall.JPG?itok=WkmphKAN.jpg (1189x683, 103K)

Those are fanmande, the crew in prometheus used some modified walther pistols, too bad they didn't show the Weyland storm rifles

that's because they were shitty low budget productions aimed at teens, and not even good adaptations. at this point with the sorry state of nuHalo it might be too late, but a 1:1 adaptation of the fall of reach made by a real director would probably still be amazing.

There's nothing wrong with gun autism if it serves the story. It's about attention to detail. Halo was release in 2001. Technology has advanced quite a lot since then. All I'm saying is, they should update the premise, and not rehash something based on nostalgia alone.

It's going to look so retarded when Chief fights Elites with a pump shotgun, doesn't matter if you justify it having unobtanium bullets. Gun autism is only bad when you focus on it like Blomkampf does, and not use it to enhance the story.

I would argue that Luc Besson put more thought and creativity into weaponry in the 5th Element than Halo designers did. At least he tried to imagine the future, rather than reusing the same old tropes just because they're familiar.

That retard isn't even from /k/
He's from reddit acting like he knows about weapons by over complicating everything he is saying and has no fucking clue about Halo lore and it shows more and more as he posts.

Thank god, I would lose all my faith in propmasters if those were actual movie props. They look cartoonish.

>It's going to look so retarded when Chief fights Elites with a pump shotgun

my dude are you actually retarded. like my god. that is THE entire fucking appeal of that happening. furthermore, you cannot just change something like that when adapting source material, absolutely nobody will like it. they already made humanity more techie and changed the aesthetic in the 343 games and it's dogshit.

so please, just stop talking

You are so retarded that it hurts.

Bruh everything in Halo is just copying Aliens.

What were the UNSC's gun laws? Did everyone have a right to bear arms? Why didn't they just integrate guns into the Master Chief's suit? Why didn't every soldier have some power armor and at least a low-level AI?

>vehicles, ships, weapons, the fucking loader and other stuff could be interchangeable between Aliens/Avatar.
Talk shit about the GOAT interstellar spaceship design and I'll kill you

Attached: ISV Venture Star.jpg (1920x1080, 279K)

ODSTs had some better armor but not really power armor.
All the normal soldiers were just manlets anyways so they could not fit into the suits

>all those assumptions
>no argument
>no imagination
>no arguments
>insults
>no imagination
>immaturity
This is describes most of the Halo fan base.

If you want firearms, at least make them all caseless or CT. At least make up some dumb lore shit, like "pulse rifle."

How out of place would it be if I wrote a movie set in 2200, and still have the professional army of humanity use AKMs and M16A1s? Look at Alien: Covenant, it was just plain lazy. Perhaps a bit of "gun autism," or more importantly attention to detail and an imagination, would've helped.

>Hungarian cast and crew
>some autist as Noble 6
>intelligence intrigue with ONI
>GOAT topgun scene with the Sabre
I'd watch it. Reach is the best self contained story for a movie. Easy to inject exposition in Noble 6's entry to the squad. Characterization would be piss easy, as would character arcs. Start it off with them stopping some insurrection on the planet and then MUH ALIENS like 45 minutes in. It'd throw the normies for a loop too because you could have the self contained "how is it legal to use these SPARTANS on human enemies..." subtext. Then 45 minutes in it's like "ooooohhh right...aliens"

Attached: noble 6.png (786x715, 934K)

What was the Covenant's tax policy?

Attached: 1_zLy8sUjeCBvdB2G1r1BffQ.jpg (620x413, 44K)

The suits were millions of dollars each and if a human without the proper enhancements including increased bone density, visual acuity etc. but most importantly the increased reaction times were to attempt to use a mjolnir suit they would basically destroy their own body.

>Caseless ammunition
halopedia.org/M7_SMG

>Fuck 343, fuck Bungie, and fuck niggers
this

People still use crossbows to this day retard. Explosively propelled ammunition has been used for 400+ years. There's no reason to suspect it will stop being the staple of terrestrial combat. The design might be updated but you're a fool is you think something so easy to manufacture would be abandoned for complicated energy based weapons which, at this time, we have no idea of their viability. "Guns" are here to stay.

>How out of place would it be if I wrote a movie set in 2200, and still have the professional army of humanity use AKMs and M16A1s
Not part of the conversation but we've been using (essentially) the same service rifle for the last 50 years.

*billions, the money ONI dumped into MJOLNIR armor was borderline treasonous from a logistical standpoint

I know, I read the books, but if they could construct those super expensive gigasuits (pretty sure they cost as much as a warship), then surely they could manufacture cheaper versions of the technology that normal soldiers can use.

You keep using that word "caseless" like you know what you are talking about and it shows.

You are just making up problems in your head to come up with a reason why it would not work.
Anyone who played these games would know why the Humans use "cased" rounds.
But go on and keep posting stupid shit

>90 mgs of adderall xr
put on a blood pressure cuff and post your numbers

that's not reach at all lmao, the game plot sucks ass and doesn't have anything to do with the book

You can't categorize muskets and modern arms the same. We don't use crossbows to fight wars anymore. It's set 500 years in the future, they would've figured out energy weapons. We have them on a 747 and ships now, they just need to be miniaturized.

M16A1s and M4s with rails, scopes and lasers are not in the same league.

Let's talk about ODSTs too. They also need to be revamped. SOCOM has just bought a EXO suit to test out. There's no reason why ODST wouldn't have exoskeletons 500 years from now. Chief's armor with personal energy shield is believable, and expense doesn't explain why they can't make a cheaper version with less features for regular Halo Marines and ODST.

You have to understand the Halo was made by boomer nerds that wanted DUDE ALIENS HOMAGE BAD ASS right? If a movie is made, they would have to upgrade the entire world.

In terms of story, that can be the same. There's something visceral about humanity's last stand or chief being the last of his kind (as far as he knew) in Halo 1.

I'm convinced you're trolling. everyone else stop replying to this guy

A lot of the technology did end up trickling down to the troops. The first batch of armor was retardedly overpowered, but each successive batch was less powerful and more mass produced. By Halo 4 they're doling it out to all the Special Forces guys above ODST.

Shut up retard

Attached: 1522639065303.jpg (937x705, 198K)

There are multiple people. I know caseless is represented by the SMG, so why not have it for all weapons?

Why would Humans use "cased" rounds? In real life, we're going to have polymer cased-telecoped rounds soon with the NGSW. 500 years in the future, I can't imagine why we'd use cased ammo in basic mechanical firearms for a regular military.

I haven't even started talking about the improbability of using firearms in vacuum where Spartans have fought many times. There are no heat dissipation or cooling mechanism. The barrels would melt after a few mags. At least the Covie weapons can be explained with some BS like Forerunner super metal.

Literally 0 arguments. Retard retard retard. You don't have to be like Pokemon, and speak words other than your own name.

>M16A1s and M4s with rails, scopes and lasers are not in the same league.
Why not? All of that shit can be easily placed onto a bog-standard m16 from 50 years ago, and you'd have essentially the same gun. We've tried to replace it 2 or 3 times and every time they've found that the potential improvements just aren't worth it. Speaking from the perspective of the Halo universe it's easy to see a world where large interstate conflict essentially don't happen anymore and military tech development stagnates in favor of colonizing more planets.

what's so inherently superior about laser weaponry that projectile weapons couldn't be used instead in the future? The games have the SPARTAN Laser anyway.

btw here's an interesting blog (and game) about autismally realistic future space combat: childrenofadeadearth.wordpress.com/

Attached: 16487144_1675417135818498_3684143902377413151_o.jpg (1920x1057, 193K)

But user they made a Halo movie before they even made the game. It just didn't have power armor or aliens. seriously though the guy who wrote the books ripped this shit off so hard

Attached: 91MzTREavxL._RI_.jpg (1920x2560, 618K)

Stop posting, you just keep admitting to not knowing shit about what you are talking about.

retard

Attached: 1518544065030.jpg (600x800, 61K)

>unironically reading video game books

Attached: 1553443376812.gif (245x280, 976K)

Starship Troopers was a big influence, too.

The visual medium of the game translates better to the visual medium of cinema

>unironically playing video games

Enlighten me then. Where did I get it wrong? Are my facts wrong? Or have I threatened your rose colored view of video game nostalgia?
True. Let's not forget Ringworld, 2001.
They can use projectile weapons, but not just normal cased guns dressed in some bulky "sci-fi" body. At least Cameron tried to explain it by calling them "pulse rifles," Halo's designers are so lazy they just explained it "if it still works, then why not?"

We currently have caseless weapons, cased-telescoped ammo, gyrojet guns, flechette guns, railguns, lasers capable of melting metal, guns that fire underwater, guns with balanced recoil that no recoil, hyperburst guns, etc.

No only that, we have "smart scopes" like tracking point, or others that calculate the point of impact. I'll reiterate that Halo's guns work within a video game that's trying to pay homage to the books and movies it was based on, but it will get way more scrutiny in film form, and it wouldn't stand up to that.

>And if someone dares to say Cameron....just no.
He's the only one with the passion, and he's too old to care about Halo.

Honestly, if a really good Halo film were to be made, it will be made by an up and coming brilliant zoomer director 10 years from now.

it's the complete opposite, the game doesn't have enough plot to make a movie out of because it's 90% gameplay. that book especailly has some very 'cinematic' scenes that could be directly adapted

based

Attached: 1522316926270.jpg (409x409, 32K)

I remember hearing someone at Bungie responding to this question, maybe around the Halo 2 days, by saying something like "After a couple hundred years, humanity invented a glass of water and when you drank it, all your enemies were defeated. Then everyone decided that was fucking boring and went back to shooting each other"
tl;dr get over it faggot

I remember that quote now as well. Humanity went back to "fun guns".

Why the fuck are we even arguing about the guns? Unequal technological improvement happens all the time, and the UNSC did have shit like handheld Gauss cannons and stuff like that.

False equivalence. They could just as well set the universe in 2100s or 2300s. Maybe super-water wasn't invented until 2600. That's up to them. Using that as an excuse for having poor imagination is pure laziness.

>After a couple hundred years, humanity invented a bomb that killed all your enemies. Then everyone decided that was fucking boring and went back to fighting with swords.

That's stupid. Real people would use the most effective weapon they have.

You sound like you don't even like Halo. Why are you so asshurt about a potential movie being made when you don't even like it. Just make your own gay engineering porn movie about a gun-runner in the future or something. Or just do Neuromancer.

No, your just a troll or just plain fucking stupid and asking me to explain everything to you.
I'm not doing your research for you.
Just because you can list the different names of things doesn't mean you have any understanding on how they work or the purpose for them.

Just because caseless ammo exists doesn't mean its practical.

I've never read the book, what kind of scenes?

In the future they can make it practical. They made a SMG in Halo after all. Caseless are a reality today. Germany was going to adopt the G11 until the Berlin wall collapsed and they lost the budget for it.
I like Halo. That's why I'm being critical. I don't want to see a shitty Halo movie.

If you "liked Halo" you wouldn't be autistically using your half-understanding of how modern weaponry works to try and rewrite the entire game and it's overarching themes.
>In the future they can make it practical.
How would you know retard? You work for FN Herstal or H&K? Literally nothing you've proposed would enhance the movie in any way. No one's going to be watching some heroic struggle unfold and go "yeah uh that was cool, but uh would they REALLY be using a pump shotgun in the FUTURE????"

that's a job for Carpenter, nowadays he's a neet, plays vidya and listen records all day

Is it actually possible to be this autistic?
The fucking point is that yeah, no shit they could have goddamn auto-firing, perfectly precise laser beams shooting out of their helmets so that all a soldier had to do was walk down a hallway to kill everyone. Or orbital weapons that could blast a pinhole in anything in the solar system. But that's FUCKING BORING. Nobody wants a story about that. Pump shottys are cool. Massive snipers and sort of future-y tanks are cool. Not cartoonish, just cool. If you can't grasp that then you are undeniably, unironically autistic
There are aspects of the original story that pushed them into the 2500's for the setting, such as humanity having colonized something like 800 planets and the overall huge space fleet that the UNSC had, at least in the original canon. That's one of the few reasons it took so long for the Covenant to wipe them out even they had massively superior tech in everything except ground combat. Doesn't mean they need to give every soldier an auto-aim laser dick.

lots of stuff throughout the spartan training, blue team's early missions, the space battle, MC's farewell to Mendez or his introduction to Cortana, and the whole Reach battle to name a few

you really should read it, it's not that long either

Will do, thanks.

Attached: ganbare procreation-san.jpg (1993x1329, 443K)

Why didn't the Master Chief just drink a glass of water and kill all his enemies?

Attached: why.jpg (832x668, 121K)

I don't need to work at Boeing or airbus to know that planes are going to get faster, and better in the future. Society and technology will progress as long as humans don't go extinct. That's a basic trend that most of us can identify. We have full-auto shotguns now. I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

The rule of cool shouldn't trump logic or realism. There's no reason the Covenant shouldn't glass everything from orbit anyways, which they did, and the story excuse was that they didn't want to desecrate or destroy their holy sites (like Halo) or holy relics. That makes perfect sense.

For every powerful weapon, there's a powerful defense. Even if humans invented something that can magically kill everyone in the room, then Covenant being more technologically advanced, should have something to defeat that.

Terminator tried to justify firearms because you can't send metal back in time. Avatar is set in the 22nd century, which makes firearms unrealistic but at least its not 500 years in the future.

not one iota of the story is remembered by anyone except zoomers who watch let's plays

kids who grew up with halo skipped the halo cinematics.

>Implying the AR15 Platform won't exist for another 100 years

Attached: potato.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

>I don't need to work at Boeing or airbus to know that planes are going to get faster, and better in the future.
Yeah but you have no idea HOW.
>The rule of cool shouldn't trump logic or realism.
Even real life has style, let alone the FICTIONAL MOVIE we are proposing be made.
>Avatar is set in the 22nd century, which makes firearms unrealistic
Says who retard? Literally nothing you've said negates my point about firearms being used for 400+ years. People still use knives and we've been using them for a million fucking years. All you've said is autistic platitudes reflecting your DESIRE for the aesthetics of the film, not anything based in historical or scientific fact about the evolution of modern weaponry. Kill your self.

No, you just skipped them because your brain damage makes it hard to follow simple story telling

>Yeah but you have no idea HOW.
Then I'd have to use my imagination. It's a fictional setting. I can make it up.

Fiction has stricter rules than real life because fiction has to be believable while life doesn't.

Guns have gotten better, so have knives. We don't use knives as the primary weapon of battle any more. If I were so wrong and failing at my argument, I would be just as angry as you are.

Cameron could.

>y-you're angry
Negated literally none of my points, and ceded to multiple.
>Fiction has stricter rules than real life because fiction has to be believable while life doesn't.
You should have been bullied in school

Attached: Roger Cheeto.png (960x720, 769K)

>kids who grew up with halo skipped the halo cinematics.
nah, most people liked the story. I didn't even speak English enough to understand everything that was going on in Halo 1 but I watched that shit anyway.

I’m not sure what a gaylo movie would even convey except interesting visuals, that game is almost enteirely devoid of story

based retard

imagine being this uninformed

>thread dying without me in it
Looks like no one else cares about Halo enough to critique it let alone like it.

I can excuse the lazy human weaponry if they were effective, but they weren't. Even in the books, it took multiple shots to kill Covenant, yet a single bolt of plasma can kill a Marine or gravely wound Spartans in unshielded armor. A single needler shard will kill a human, but good luck doing that with an assault rifle unless its a headshot.

Bungie was just lazy and unimaginative because they didn't expect Halo to be this successful. The entire Halo franchise was carried on the mystique of the Forerunners and Master Chief, but now that's all gone, it'd be pointless to make a movie or even expand the universe further without making it a bloated POS.

Have you tried not being retarded?

Attached: 1519374963255.jpg (400x400, 29K)

Half the reason the thread is dead is you consumed all discussion with your fucking autism. You win, nobody is discussing anymore because you threw your endless temper tantrum over a topic tangential to what OP asked. Now let it die and move on you fucking sperg.

Says the guy using an anime reaction image.

cast it

Attached: woogidy woogidy woogidy.jpg (291x278, 17K)

andy serkis

That's bullshit. OP asked a yes/no question. The only way to have a discussion is to expand on it. I focused on weapons because that's the most obvious and easiest to fix. There are other issues like the Marine designs, story, myth, etc.

Halo is just not interesting enough. If people want a Reach movie about children abducted to make super-soldiers, 300 literally already did it better.

Was 300 accurate in it's representation of phalanx-based warfare? OVERARM OR UNDERARM? That movie was shit because the action scenes were not realistic or logical in the least.

Blomkamp never could've made a good Halo movie. District 9 was terrible and his movies have been increasingly awful since.

Idris Elba would do a good job I think

Mel Gibson

Seeing all the slop coming out of Hollywood has made me seriously question if I could legitimately do better than some of the mainstream big-name directors.

How does a humble user get into film shit?

Attached: 1553355841627.jpg (1024x1020, 56K)

>gets shot in the toe by a Jackal