Hammer's Dracula Series

Does Yea Forums like this series of films?

youtube.com/watch?v=xrpCNOG3VIs

Attached: trakulla.png (676x382, 400K)

I think I've only seen the first and Dracula Has Risen From His Grave which were good and Dracula A.D. 1970 which was bonkers.

Risen is OK.

1970 suxx

watch them in order

is that the one where lee refuses to say his lines because the script was so bad so dracula is a mute throught the entire thing?

No, the mute Dracula is Dracula: Prince of Darkness. Protip: it's an amazing film!

bump

I think they're pretty good, Lee made a great Dracula. IMO, his best Hammer role was in The Devil Rides Out.
Barbara Shelley is a cute.

Attached: 51elIvZoMvL.jpg (500x334, 35K)

this

bump 4 intrist

this 2

this 3

Recently went through a bunch of them and thought they were great. I really liked Peter Cushing as Hellsing.

It was kinda dumb how in the classic movie era, the iconic monsters became arbitrary associated with certain designs due to the initial popularity of their usage - like Frankenstein's monster ("Frankenstein") having a flat head, or Count Dracula having a widow's peak. Kind of turned them into something else that in the long run aged or is relegated to an outmoded aesthetic in horror, which was left behind around the early 70s.

post 1980 horror is 99% TRASH

The 1958 film is one of the best Dracula films ever made.

Attached: The Horror of Dracula (1958).webm (1800x1080, 2.96M)

Attached: Dracula (1972).webm (720x576, 2.12M)

dracula

afraid of sun light

read the fucking book

this 1 sukt though, mostly

Most horror is 'trash' but it's probably my favorite genre, the schlock and trash included.

I do like pre-60s classic horror, but the 70s were the peak for me. I love 80s horror though.

>Most horror is 'trash
no!

only the ones with peter cushing, brides of dracula was kino

>Grown men act melodramatic while based Mina saves the day
What was Dracula’s motivation?

I mean trash as in a lot of cheap exploitation made for thrills, and this seeming trash in many peoples' eyes. It's not trash in my book though, but I understand the reasoning of calling it such.

homo

>his best Hammer role was in The Devil Rides Out
This is correct

Attached: Christopher Lee having a smoke.webm (1200x720, 2.31M)

Based comfy Hammer thread

Attached: normal_valerie_leon2[1].jpg (319x399, 23K)

Dose tiddies

My wife Ingrid Pitt is so cute.

Attached: image.jpg (367x500, 52K)

No

>called Pitt
>flashes pits