Travis Knight to direct live action Gundam movie

>Legendary's live action adaptation of Gundam just got it's director,after the announcement of the writer,Brian K. Vaughn,director Travis Knight(Bumblebee) has been chosen to direct the first live action big budget Gundam film.
>The film has no casting or release date yet.Though we could expect to release around 2021-2022.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2018-02-09/when-gundam-came-to-hollywood/.127606
youtube.com/watch?v=J8hwDQJRU7E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Scource?

Kino

Why can't they just let my animu alone
Bin Laden did nothing wrong

You suck

I am surprisingly okay with this.

I started UC79 Gundam recently. What am I in for?

Gundam was never good

Bumblebee was great mecha design

Gundam film was planned since '83,there is concept art from it,cast and writer and full plot online.

Attached: 1553877293093.jpg (1600x1198, 942K)

It was going touse cgi.80s cgi!

Attached: 1553877702891.jpg (1024x780, 128K)

Who did they have in the cast?

I got your Bernie casting right here

Attached: bernie.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Literally who

>no source
>last week someone made the same thread with the same pic but said it was Michael Bay
Fuck off

do it

Attached: https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Folliebarder%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F03%2Fgundam_hello_kitty-1200x67 (960x540, 55K)

animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2018-02-09/when-gundam-came-to-hollywood/.127606

>live action anime movie
But fucking why?

Why not?

guillermo del toro would be better

Because the only people with less soul than asians is Hollywood kikes

capeshit is running it's course

Vaughn just has to translate the first compilation movie. That's all he has to do to not fuck up. A whole trilogy is right there. Right there on a fucking platter.

Attached: 51TZ7GRWVTL._SY445_.jpg (314x445, 27K)

IMAGINE giving a shit about Gundam when Armored Troppers Votoms exists.
>>youtube.com/watch?v=J8hwDQJRU7E

Great world building and a decent story that unlocks a shit load of other content in the same universe. Also buy gunpla.

why is there an autist constantly making this shit up?

Explain

Please take primary influence from GWing for the designs god.

Attached: gundam_gundam_wing_gundam_seed_oz13ms_epyon_3000x2248_wallpaper_Wallpaper_3000x2248_www.wall321.com. (1600x1199, 297K)

>tfw no live action Robotech thats like Top Gun but with Mecha

Attached: 0BE9BF59-11A9-49F4-B570-E085B08DAF45.gif (320x240, 954K)

This

I read this as Travis Scott at first and was excited

watch it and find out

Who would you cast as a master of Bitch Slap?

Attached: p8UHatL.gif (500x326, 1008K)

pls no pls

>remember it for the kino music
>there's only like 5 songs they cycle endlessly

Here:
There's your issue. First, they'll make Amuro pilot wing zero from Endless Waltz. Then they'll start changing everything. Because no one in the West even remembers UC.

Who the fuck are you quoting, user? Where's the source?

Sunrise is going to be up Legendary's ass the entire time. They won't be able to do whatever they want.

Don't really feel like getting the western influence into it, and don't feel the inevitable shit storm when the only asians they cast are some like older wise mentor figure type and everyone virtues signals over each other asking why Amaro is being played by John Boyega and not an Asian actor.

Why> It has the perfect balance of detail. It's not absurd like the more recent designs but it's not painfully simple and blocky toy like, like the really early designs.

Is it following Universal Century, One Year War? Or just another generic Gundam related conflict? Say what you will about Gundam Wing, it's a good introduction to the metaseries.

This is the one fucking time they actually need to find an Asian male to cast, specifically of Japanese descent. GitS is one thing, but Gundam has always been right on the forefront of Cool Japan and generally advertising Japanese pop culture.

That ain't happening if the West has the reigns. Not really any marketable Asian actors that all the virtue signalers would care about. Unless they make Amaro a girl and put Rose Tico in the lead, I guess she is marketable?

A female lead could work, if she's of Japanese descent. Japs are just as racist as the Chinese when it comes to Viet or Flip scum. I'm just afraid that they will cast a darkie into the roll, then it's guaranteed to bomb in Japan.

This is good news. I hope he tosses Vaughn’s draft and writes his own.

Oh a black lead is definitely in play. I wasn't totally joking when I said John Boyega. Might be too old to play Amaro, and doesn't have the feel of him either, but that hasn't stopped Hollywood before. They can change the character how they want to make it fit. Doesn't even have to be Amaro. Could be new character. After Transformers though I could totally see Michael Bay getting something like this or NGE, as much as that 2nd one would totally pain me.

I love Syd Mead's art, but why do the beam rifle explosions look like they happen inside a force field bubble??

Jesus Christ. You can't be serious. Bumblebee was fucking boring and ankle deep, this guy doesn't have the chops to make something like Gundam that actually has a message.

the only good entry in the series
other than turn a

live action anime is the new capeshit
I expect a live action Gunbuster announcement any day

Attached: TOP003.jpg (2048x1981, 1.07M)

Gundam could actually make a good live-action movie since it's pretty grounded

So who will win out, the dogshit writer or the great director?

Gundam can work as long as it's not directly adapted and they make multiple changes to make it have more realistic logic and not have the main characters have autism like Tomino the hack did.

>Gundam that actually has a message.
lmao you manchildren are fucking pathetic

It's easy enough to make a movie, but honestly Gundam, like most things, is better suited to either a mini-series. Original series could probably make for a reasonable 13 episode series on HBO or something.

Travis Knight is a hack. Both the movies he's made have been medicore at best

I feel like anime adaptations haven't sold that well though, with Alita possibly being the best at this point, and it still not doing great or anything. I think Detective Pikachu will sell because Pokemon and Ryan Reynolds, but I don't think many have sold that well in the West. Even DB Evolution sold like shit and DB is possibly the most popular anime franchise, though of course Evo looked like absolute shit before hand.

Agreed about the mini-series. If they try to adapt, at least the original series story, it wouldn't work out so well crammed into one 2hr movie.

>carried by technical team in kubo
>carried by based hailee in bumblebee

G R E A T

is right

Hope they will never make Evangelion.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-29-23h01m09s007.png (960x720, 815K)

Since I dropped tv/films last year, I've been thinking about getting back into gundam - bought the 1/144 GW kits back when Gundam Wing first aired on Toonami when I was 9-10, so it's been a few years. Do you have any recommendations? I was thinking about getting MG 1/100 from now on, specifically with the RX-78 3.0 or Origin as my first buy. Any suggestions? Budget is not an issue.

Attached: 1547772577522.jpg (1200x628, 345K)

ADV tried to get one funded, directed by Michael Bay before Transformers was made, and Robin Williams wanted to play Gendo.

I don't care what people think, it's a tragedy we didn't get to see that trainwreak.

Hopefully neither the West nor the eastern chinks ever make a live action adaptation.

STOP ASKING FOR SOURCES

OP took time out of his probably very busy day to make this up and he doesn't need you second guessing his made up bullshit

>Because no one in the West even remembers UC.

Attached: 1443516509414.png (900x699, 420K)

Why the fuck haven't Paramount got him directing more TF movies?

Fuck Lorenzo Bonaventura.

>Macross Plus
Live action adaptation, when?

Cool Japan is a failure though, wasted money.

when you pry it from harmony gold's cold dead hands

Hopefully never. Normies would never understand the power of music.

Japan won't take it well, it will bomb in China as well.

So in 2021 when they lose the license?

i don't know anything about gundam
but from what i know about american cinema
and japanese anime (which isn't very much admittedly)

this will be absolute garbage.

calling it. screen cap this idgaf.
hollywood cannot into anime. they are just two different worlds.

The only live action series one can look forward to
If they get it right, it's going to be a huge success and we'll get 9 seasons

>budget for first season bigger than for Game of Thrones

Attached: op.png (1600x548, 479K)

I love One Piece but I just can't imagine for the heck of it that it will work as live-action. The tone of the series only works with Odas drawings and designs.