Still watching movies

>Still watching movies

Attached: 1401538841915.jpg (610x804, 326K)

i don't get it

>shitting on books
It's like you want not to be respected!

Books are shit, though

Spec Ops The Line is basically Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now in a modern setting that is basically a critique of first person shooters
It's a decent game, though some complain that the lack of choice (other than turning off the game and not playing) cheapens the morals
The OP pic however is a massive fucking tool if he had to play a game to appreciate Heart of Darkness instead of by reading the book or watching the movie

No movie can ever match the storytelling and complexity of Bioshock Infinite if you ask me

I'll bite. Rec me a game that's up there with Excalibur.

>video game shilling sóyboys
yuck, where where are your tard wranglers

THIS IS THE MOST ZOOMER BRAINLET THING IMAGINABLE

PEAK CRINGE DELETE Yea Forums

THE MOVIE IS BETTER THAN THE BOOK THOUGH, AND MUCH OF IT IS DUE TO MILIUS' ADAPTATION

>Yea Forumstards believe this
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fate/Grand Order

Video games are objectively superior to linear "entertainment" no matter how hard you cry about it

>critique of first person shooters
Literally, because it’s a 3rd person shooter

Looks like someone didn't get past the intro puzzle

OH GOD MOTHER LE BURNS!!!!!
Peak cringe

Attached: 1537349786216.jpg (301x490, 26K)

>The day Yea Forums was visited by a Yea Forumseral faggit.

i know you’re trolling but this is absolute sóy

Kek. Definitely not aesthetically, and most likely neither in terms of storytelling and emotional resonance.

this is correct

I like how you're calling me sóy when you are the one watching linear "entertainment" (the most sóy medium imaginable)

I agree, but Spec Ops is probably one of the greatest examples of games as art from its generation. As an adaptation of Heart of Darkness, it's okay, but it's not on the level of Apocalypse Now as far as faithfulness to the idea. On it's own merits, it's a great story hampered by the need to be a competent shooter. The finest aspect of the game is the subtle ramp up of horror unfolding around them. The white phosphorous scene was executed masterfully and is generally pointed to as the moment most people realize what the game was doing - enticing the player with the promise of answers while guiding them through the hell only they could create.

based

Long run on sentences with lots of cryptic metaphors are the cringiest form of horror writing

I don’t even think there’s anything like that in the game itself

bioshock infinite was fucking shit. that was the last time I paid full price for a video game

sóy incarnated

games aren't art

That's you, cuck

this is what happens when you consume all of Yea Forums’s sóy supply

If reading is so bad why didn't the author of this thing present it in video game form?

...Wait a minute, that bait

I know this guy switched over to that comedy site like ten years ago. Does he still update Subnormality? Is it still WORDS, WORDS, WORDS?

> words bad
typical moviewatcher NPC

>UGH READING IS TOO HARD AND TOO BORING
>SIGH MOVIES ARE SHIT AND THEY ALWAYS CONFUSE ME
>NOW VIDEOGAMES,,,,VIDEOGAMES ARE THE PINNACLE OF ART BECAUSE THEY MAKE FUNNY NOISES AND COOL ANIMATIONS WHEN I PRESS BUTTONS

They are, sóycuck

Damn.... how can movies even compete, bros?

Attached: 1548186953685.jpg (610x747, 347K)

>thinks games are art
>calls others the s word
lol?

while this is obviously bait, the plot of Infinite is really great, but i just wanted to say that overall BIOSHOCK>the rest

Yea Forums is the ant-sóy. Yea Forums tried fighting SJW's and cucks with Gamergate, meanwhile Yea Forums just lets SJW's ream their market freely and even supports it and calls people who don't like that "incels". Yea Forums is sóy incarnate.

How does Heart of Darkness teach any of that other than it being hot at the equator? Stupid image

Have sex.

I've always found this image strange because there's another one by the same guy where he has a chart that says videogames are childish and not art, so I don't get why he feels that way yet feels so positively about Spec Ops.

>Yea Forums is the ant-sóy

Attached: 3A6E19D4-84A8-4BCA-888C-B6DEDDE8C915.jpg (1155x648, 33K)

Video games can be great but they usually never end up that way because of greedy corporations raping them. There's way too much potential for predatory business practices and way too many retards buying into it. The worst movie's have at this point is capeshit, while pretty much every video game release these days is full of microtransaction bullshit, pre-order bonus and DLC or always-on.

Absolute sóy. Yea Forums is truly the most cucked board. Go back to watching your feminist trash, retards.

Have sex.

>Have sex.

Attached: 1530711034591.png (753x960, 22K)

Kill yourself, lad. Vidya barely ever offers a finished product because you guttersluts can't resist sucking the big publishers' aids-ridden cocks.

Words aren't bad but cramming a book into one comic raises eyebrows. This one isn't even the whole story!

Attached: WORDS WORDS WORDS.jpg (1830x1166, 2.34M)

Post yfw gamers are brave warriors and the last bastion of society

>box explaining the joke
>nametag on metaphor
Why do people still do this?

That's nice, but what does it have to do about storytelling in videogames?

Simple. You don't get to the story because the games get either shoved out half-baked or it has to make place for grinding and multiplayer features.

Attached: 87C060F7-9DC7-4C25-AD4D-7B0963871E02.gif (511x512, 105K)

Keep in mind that this is also the WORDSWORDSWORDSWORDS guy who makes a comic with each panel having two paragraphs of text each about videogame characters going about their lives, despite never having played the videogames these characters are from. I'd honestly be surprised if he'd ever played Spec Ops: The Line, frankly. It's more likely that he saw CoD-kiddies mind-blown about the possibility of America not being absolutely morally just and in fact capable of moral failure and hopped on the train because it fits is tepid-IQ'd Liberal politics.

Attached: 1548739775125m.jpg (1024x1024, 55K)