What is the best Dracula film?

What is the best Dracula film?
I love the book but have never watched any of the movies. Are any of them very faithful? But either way, which is the best one in general?

Attached: Dracula[1].gif (603x465, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/q9D74m628gQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The 1931 version with Bella Lugosi is the most faithful, it's a film adaptation of a play which was base directly on the novel. The Hammer Horror film staring Christopher Lee is the best Dracula film though. Admittedly, I haven't seen any Dracula films made after the 70's but I don't need to, Christopher Lee together with Micheal Gough and Peter Cushing, what more could a man ask for?

There’s a shitty BBC TV movie from the 70s that is pretty much a beat for beat adaptation of the book but isn’t much fun to watch

The BBC 1977 is the most faithful; Coppola '92 version is the second most accurate to the text.

>which is the best one in general?

Attached: MV5BMTAxYjEyMTctZTg3Ni00MGZmLWIxMmMtOGM2NTFiY2U3MmExXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,67 (673x1000, 104K)

Nosferatu the Vampyre as well. Kinski really does convince you that this is what vampires look like.

Attached: large_nosferatu_4808-eng_blu-ray_.jpg (1920x1080, 386K)

1992 because it's soo lush and epic. Keanu and Winona are the only weak parts while I think Pierce Brosnan would have made a better Count. Otherwise it's a classic!!!FACT!!!

He's the angriest gamer you've ever heard

Hey James

Try Dracula: Sovereign of the Damned. It’s the bizarro love child between Marvel’s old Tomb of Dracula comics and 80’s anime. Basically it is clinically insane.

It’s a laugh riot, especially while drunk.

Attached: F61993A8-C20E-4354-8ABB-2C03587EAB50.gif (500x272, 1.07M)

Apologies, I forgot to add you can find it easily on YouTube. Never got transferred to DVD so it’s the only way to watch it.

To further add: if you watch either Nosferatu, be prepared for a lot of differences from the book. Orlac is almost more waking plague than Dracula. Still good movies.

For the 30 universal films, the English is better acted, but if the stilted camera doesn’t work for you, try the Spanish one. It’s basically the exact same, except with different actors. Even shot on the same set. Again, these two aren’t very faithful, but are more so than the Nosferatu films.

I feel for me the Hammer Dracula films mostly hinge on how snarly do you want your Dracula. Personally, I didnt like these as much as other Hammer films. Don’t expect too much suave Dracula.

The 90’s one is pretty good. A lot of nifty special effects. They added a bunch of extra stuff to the movie that wasn’t from the book, but none of the extra stuff is bad. Really my only problem is Jonathan Harker is greatly miscast.

The one with louis jordan? The shit where he crawls on the wall outside the castle is great

How would you adapt this scene

Attached: 20180228_171143.png (1280x459, 187K)

Do you want to know the worst dracula films too?

Listen to them
Children of the night
What music they make

That's my middle-name, but hey man

Attached: dracula_1958.jpg (580x850, 106K)

The Sherlock Holmes stories are full of ejaculations.

Watch the one directed by Tod Browning

Honestly, very nice video.

youtu.be/q9D74m628gQ

I would recommend just watching Nosferatu, Dracula with Lugosi, Hammer Dracula and Coppola Dracula, these are in my opinion most iconic and relevant Dracula movies, one just makes more changes than the other.

whats your opinion on herzogs nosferatu??

Poe, too.

The best adaptation is Sexcula.

Oh, it's unquestionably great, I just thought that original Nosferatu is more iconic, but Nosferatu the Vampyre is just superior in ever way.

I left it out because it's rather kind of movie I'd recommend to watch just as a very good movie over relevancy and faithfulness to the novel.

Bram Stoker's Dracula.

My wife and I just finished watching Nosferatu, Dracula (Bella Legosi), Dracula (Christopher Lee), Dracula Lives, Bram Stoker's Dracula. We're watching Dracula Dead and Loving It tonight.

Honestly, Bram Stoker's Dracula is just a crazy fucking film to me. It's complex as fuck and feels as much like an adaptation of the book as a homage to literally every incarnation of the story that preceded it. Every single scene is dripping with reference to previous movies or the books, the acting is over the top and wild in the best ways, and the special effects are mind blowing (not in the sense that they look so real, but because they're ALL practical effects done "in camera." No CGI at all.) The amount of care and attention that was put into BSD is unbelievable.

As to movies being closer to the book, frankly, Bram Stoker's Dracula, for all that it changes, is still the only adaptation to correctly portray Dracula as a Derridian Rift in the narrative that corrupts EVERYTHING around him by simply existing, even the laws of nature. The book is written as a series of letters and journal entries and with a little grounding in Victorian literature it's absolutely scandalous. The entire thing is dripping with Victorian fears like reverse colonization, sexual impotence, women as sexual beings, science/rationalization vs spiritualism/faith. It's a wild fucking ride. In fact, the only irksome difference between Dracula and Copala's movie, is the ending. In the book Johnathon Harker essentially fucks Dracula to death right in the heart with his throbbing virile knife-dick after being emasculated and rendered impotent throughout the book by Dracula's BBC (Big Bat Cock).

Attached: 1289055791176.jpg (226x166, 7K)

i recommend you nosferatu the vmpyre its a great movie imho

Is the one from the 90's about the fiction making of Nosferatu?

>tomb of Dracula comics
Loved picking those up in the dollar bin at the comic store

Imo Coppola's but after that Scars of Dracula.

Nosferatu and the Universal ones are good but I prefer Christopher Lee as Dracula.

Attached: 54645775.jpg (384x300, 60K)

NM Googled it. It's on our list for tomorrow night. Thanks, user!

The Spanish version of 1931 Dracula was pretty funny to watch

Attached: DoWant_DraculaHispano.png (512x368, 147K)

High quality post right here. BSD is prolly the overall best film.
The Bela Lugosi Dracula is an absolute classic and highly enjoyable as well in its own way. Nosferatu is visually very intredasting and quite worth it as well.

Other user here, that one is called "Shadow of the Vampire", and it's absolute funkino. Also based Udo Kier giving an amazing performance.

Yeah except Keanu and Winona are completely miscast, which hurts the film quite a bit imo. Oldman carries the whole fucking movie. The Chris Lee film is better

Can confirm, Shadow of the Vampire is my favorite vampire film.

Attached: 3eb.jpg (602x481, 44K)

Bella Lugosi was buried in his Dracula cape. That’s pretty dope

Nope, that would be the 1977 BBC version, as proven here

It's truly an underrated kino. Those digits couldn't lie.

Meant to reply to >The 1931 version with Bella Lugosi is the most faithful

>Nosferatu is visually very intredasting and quite worth it as well.
Despite being a silent movie, it will genuinely surprise you. A number of the old old school effects employed are so completely alien to modern cgi-trained movie goers that they look amazing. Also, it's just fucking hilarious at parts.

>Yeah except Keanu and Winona are completely miscast
I'm a little torn on this. I completely agree that they're the weakest part of the film, but Winona's role was tough. It required a ton of experience and emotional depth from a young and inexperienced actress. I'm not sure that anyone could have done it right.

Keanu on the other hand...I feel kinda bad for him. Apparently, he went into Dracula after shooting several films back to back and was genuinely exhausted (as in not just coming to set wasted, but fucking tired as all hell) during filming. After reading that, yeah, I can really see it. The sad thing is that Jonathon Harker SHOULD look exhausted. But Keanu just looks and acts empty throughout the whole film.