How would you remake this to be more exciting?

Attached: 220px-2001_A_Space_Odyssey_(1968).png (220x329, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FEcP6MeIUXA
youtube.com/watch?v=AguPH0XBxdw
youtube.com/watch?v=f9X1C7pTu-M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wouldn't.

HAL is played by a nude Scarlet Johanson who gives the astronauts sleepytime handies and wakeytime blowies. What was the question?

Frame by frame, scene by scene same film only with this as score:
youtube.com/watch?v=FEcP6MeIUXA

You don't because it's perfect the way it is

By making it 2 hours longer. Wish I was kidding.

It's already perfect, there's nothing to change

Frame by frame, scene by scene same film only with this as score:
youtube.com/watch?v=AguPH0XBxdw

>more explosions
>music replaced by generic black jungle urban ghetto stylings
>half the running time because ain't nobody got time fo' dat shit
>lead is a strong black transwoman of colour
>HAL speaks in ebonics
>Frank Poole is sissy white boi gay activist and renamed Frankypoo who reminds viewers that he is gay every 30 seconds
>keep people in stasis who die white because fuck white people
>stargate scene ends with strong black transwoman of colour saying "damn nigga, that kush be some strong shit, yo"
>story is incorporated as part of the marvel cinematic universe
I mean, come ON, it's current year.

The opening begins with turbocharged monolith hitting the earth, flaming in atmosphere.
It lands to the apes, teaches them stuff with something that looks like electric current running through them.
The apes learn things, the next we see is an epic war of apes against the dinosaurs.

The future, quick cut transition from a bone bashing in a dino head.

We hear all the boring stuff narrated to us while the team goes to moon to find another monolith. It sends a message, melting the scientists at the same time.

Another cut to the discovery, where creepy AI is talking all nice like. But something is off about it and it suddenly begins to kill crew members, who are now all awake. We see a lot of blood and guts before Bowman disables it by hacking its AI core to pieces with an ax.

The Discovery arrives to Jupiter, where Bowman is sucked in a giant monolith. We see wondrous things, mind melting things. Bowman arrives to an alien planet, where he is propped and anal probed. Terrible experiments are done to him to rapidly evolve him into a god.

What ever Bowman is now, quick jumps through space/time continuum, takes control on all communication devices of Earth and declares himself to be a god.

This is the era of the new age.

Length: 90 minutes.

I actually did a fan edit of this a few weeks ago, I watched it back in August when it was showing for a 50th Anniversary Special in theaters and just thought of how you could basically make it more exciting, because it's one of my favorite movies, visually it's a masterpiece, but it doesn't have much in the way of plot and it's very slow moving.

I replaced all the music with Beach House tracks, got the idea after watching this
youtube.com/watch?v=f9X1C7pTu-M
A lot of the tracks sync up incredibly well, it basically became a two hour long music video. I think the classical music just sort of adds to the tedium of the film. Shortened most of the sequences up just a bit so the running time clocks in at 110 minutes, the biggest things I cut out were the four minutes of black at the beginning before the MGM logo, the intermission, and during the stargate sequence I cut out all the footage that was just recolored helicopter ride film of the grand canyon, it really drags that sequence out and it doesn't make you think "How did they manage that fifty years ago?" like most of the other special effects.

Attached: flat0010__1_a3747084-c020-421c-a4f9-bda1337e7beb_grande.jpg (324x500, 28K)

All female cast.

This, and the only male is HAL the robot villain who they defeat and shut down.

>Beach House in 2001
I'm fucking disgusted by the thought that I share the board people like this.

Attached: 1553808144379.jpg (194x259, 11K)

An Under The Skin sequel that loosely ties into the 2001 universe but it's 3 hours and 54 minutes of the camera slowly panning over Scarlett Johansson's naked body with several close ups in different lighting and a small section with various outfits.

Attached: Under The Skin.webm (1200x648, 2.63M)

so what was the deal with the nolan screening that happened last year? was it different in any way? i kinda missed that whole plotline

more quips
>Dave is going to turn HAL off
>"c'mon Dave, think of my children"
>"you have no children, HAL"
>"I know, I'm so happy this way"

Horrendous post in every capacity

However, I do agree that the colored helicopter footage does drag down the otherwise amazing stargate sequence

Is this a joke? How can you say 2001 is your favorite movie and then go and do something like this?

I wouldn't, it doesn't need to be more exciting
It just needs to be more interesting to watch which it isn't

fat/tv/irgins complained about nolan inserting his famous pissfilter into the remaster, but I downloaded a remux and it looks pretty good, color balance is decent.

Attached: 1553808620353.jpg (1920x1080, 662K)

This thread was already bad when it got started by OP

I think what happened was the trailer had all the funky colors and the actual release doesn't.

Interstellar is basically the remake of 2001. nolan is obsessed with this movie.

>I replaced all the music with Beach House tracks,

Attached: 1533891644799.jpg (1224x471, 103K)

needs a blue laser in the sky

Attached: 1527047385736.png (898x1216, 1.87M)

Must be, I saw the theater release and it was fine.

Yeah, no idea why they did that.

Attached: 1553809112839.jpg (1920x1080, 835K)

Missed one

Attached: file.png (300x400, 270K)

Add amazing spiderman to that

Because it's a holy grail of cinematography and special effects and nothing else. Kubrick wanted the film to be nonverbal and be supported by a soundtrack, he commissioned several different scores from a composer before throwing it all away at the last second and then keeping the temp music. The initial release also had an extra 20 minutes of footage that Kubrick went in and re-edited or deleted, so it's not like this is Kubrick's magnum opus of editing that he demanded never be touched. I think it maintains the themes of the film and the brilliant cinematography just with a new sound, I've reviewed it and tweaked it after about a dozen viewings and I'm pretty happy with it.

Attached: 1433991726571.png (900x900, 597K)

Lord of the Rings 3? What kind of idiot calls it Lord of the Rings 3?

I had a 1080p rip, downloaded a 4K restoration recently and the color difference was jarring, much prefer the 1080s.

Attached: 1080 top 4k bottom.png (858x909, 1.12M)

Something wrong with your rips. Compare the details and the grain.

Attached: 1553811042270.jpg (1920x1080, 816K)

HOP IN

Attached: 1550386031500.jpg (1920x1920, 621K)

HAL is now black

Monkey on monkey action, baby

Interstellar.

fpbp

I'd cut out all the boring space stuff and make it just about the apes

Alright Lars Von Trier

>epic war of apes against the dinosaurs.
You jumped the shark in the third sentence. Congratulations. Opinion discarded.

Nigga, u know I cayn't letchu do dat rite?

Attached: 1528073404638.jpg (750x730, 63K)

Do what the 2010 film would do if it had any balls, in other words have humanity being wiped out by nuclear war while the discovery is en route to jupiter, meaning the crew members become some of the last remnants of humanity when HAL starts killing them, and making the monolith aliens the last hope for restoring humanity. It wouldn´t be a better movie than the actual 2001 though.