Dune

Now that the dust has settled, what do we think of this casting?

Attached: 1552684536160.jpg (1495x1512, 843K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YPr9368w-9o
thehardtimes.net/harddrive/christian-bale-gains-450000-pounds-to-play-sandworm-in-dune-remake/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What a shitty cast, holy shit

>Batista
What the fuck this is cringe bro. Fuck that gay wrestling shit.

Too white. They have to cast more dark skin women. Diversity in casting is important.

Attached: 1553461059680.jpg (750x931, 140K)

giv timmy bf

Attached: IMG_20181229_090855.jpg (1078x1078, 114K)

I can see them working well together except for the bitch from spiderman, fuck her.

>Denis Villeneuve
will be shit

c-cute

>rebecca ferguson
MOMMY

>what do we think of this casting?

Stop talking about the fucking casting.

Talk about the technology.

swarthy

five based, four shit, so it's ok

If the movie is on the level of BL2049 or better Ill be happy.

My man.

I've said this in threads before but I hope they don't pussy out and turn the ornithopters into regular ass helicopter. I think the best way for them to look natural when flyingnwould be to mimic hummingbirds rather than insects, with the backwards and forwards motion rather than up and down as described in the books.

Attached: tenor.gif (480x330, 984K)

>Niggerdaya
DR OPPED

Bonus points for this.

>BL
muscle memory?

Of all the things they might pussy out on showing, you're concerned about the ornithopters? Get real, man. Of course they will portray them as described. Of course they're going to be an elegant futuristic craft instead of a helicopter. It's not as if that's new and dangerous territory for a sci-fi film. Plus, Denis has an autistic loveboner for the material.

still waiting for Dr. Yueh, Kynes, Fenring and the emperor.

That would be great. Or they could have a variety of wing structures to accentuate the differences between factions. Use the wings of hummingbirds, hawks, wasps, moths, bats, and dragonflies. Different ornithopters for different aircraft roles.

The Butlerian ban on thinking machines doesn't limit things like material sciences and precision machining. In fact, if anything, it promotes development in those fields. So i always imagined they'd have tools and devices that were crafted to the utter limits of physical precision and ingenuity. I'd like to see where they go with that.

I always pictures the ornithopters looking like failed Da Vinci flying machines on film, and I feel like a lot of directors would try to modernize that tech. I'm just saying how I'd like to see them dome personally, because forwards and backwards motions seem better for hovering and more suited to that craft than how it was described in the books. What are you concerned about then, user?

Yueh is confirmed. Chang Chen is playing him. Stephen Henderson has been cast but his role hasn't been confirmed, so maybe Hawat. Emperor and Fenring won't appear until the sequel so don't need to be cast yet. We still need Kynes and Feyd though (though they might leave Feyd for the sequel).

>Diversity in casting is important.

Not really.

Not concerned so much as mystified as how they intend to adapt the prescient visions, Jessica drinking the water of life, Alia (they'll probably cast an older actress and have that be a produce of the water of life or extend the time jump), and so on.

Oh nice, I liked Chang Chen in Crouching tiger. Don't know if I've seen him in an english speaking role.

Attached: 3938.jpg (300x300, 19K)

>Thufir Hawat was a grizzled elderly man with brown eyes, cheeks cracked and burned by exotic weathers, and lips stained red by sapho juice.
He fits the description. Also an actor I can see as easily oscillating between stern, authoritative, and aggressive and fatherly and warm.

Attached: CSH-025437-Stephen-Henderson-400x600.jpg (400x600, 32K)

Haven't seen him in anything but I was expecting an Asian considering how Orientalist the character came across with the Fu Manchu description, the name, and even his title as Suk Doctor.

I'm curious as to whether or not Denis will have events only described in the book shown in screen. The Atreides being BTFO isn't shown in much detail and the Sardaukur run around exterminating a lot of Fremen under Rabban. Denis, if he wanted to, could have a big action setpiece when the Atreides get defeated or have something like the ghetto liquidation scene from Schindler's List in his film when the Sardaukur butcher a Fremen community.

"Who 's playing me?"

Attached: wwwww.jpg (618x412, 30K)

There's also the Atreides commando raid Hawat sent to destroy the Harkonnen's Spice reserves.

I don't even think the first film will get that far. We'll probably get plenty on the prescient vision and some bits where Jessica uses the voice, but I doubt whether the movie will span even the entirety of the first book. I hope they do a good job with the choreograph of the knife and shield fighting.

Let me guess who the evil people are and of course the (((HEro))).

PAUL IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE A KID
HOW CAN YOU STILL FUCK THIS UP AFTER 30 FUCKING YEARS?
JUST CAST A DECENT CHILD ACTOR AROUND THE AGE OF 11 GOD FUCK SHIT BITCH CUNT

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (713x704, 478K)

Stellan Skarsgard is going to be a great baron, Lynch BTFO

>Zendaya
Literally dropped. Done financing (((producers))) that are pushing zendaya and Tessa Thompson into literally everything to try and brainwash us into thinking these mutts are attractive, let alone serviceable actresses

I hope they'll go practical with the sandworms by using animatronics.

Paul is 15 you mongo

Attached: 1521567300876.jpg (895x587, 33K)

And he's always described as looking way younger than his actual age. He should be played by an 11-14 year old actor.

K I N O

I can see Zendaya and Momoa sticking out though, but we will see.

Should be, yeah, but kid actors suck ass. At least he looks younger than Kyle did. Wolfhard could work but Chalamet is a fair enough compromise for my retarded ass

Why do you want a young child to ruin the movie? Are you dumb?

Obviously, they need a good child actor. I'm not talking about memeshit "actors" like Finn Wolfard. I am certain that if they spent more time on the casting, they would have found a great child actor that looks like a proper Paul. But they didn't seem to put any effort at all into the casting and casted shit meme actors.

Not worth the risk.
Also who wants to see a little kid doing the ninja moves that Paul is capable of? It would look ridiculous

Chalamet looks young enough imo, plus with makeup they can play up the youthful look even more

Chalamandingdong = paul's a whiny bitch so he'll do
Bardem = too lumbering for Stilgar but could do
Batista = he's playing a loon so I guess whatever
Zendaya = get the fuck out. she's so fake and desert rat Chani should be a natural beauty. is Zendaya going to grow eyebrows now cause that tatoo'd shit won't do?
Isaac - oily manlet as stately TALL Duke? Miscast af
ferguson - perfect lady jessica
Stellan - I never liked caricature Baron from Lynch movie so I approve
Brolin - whatever, he should do as Gurney
Momoa - Idaho is popular with ladies and a major badass so we have a match

> "actors"
tell us about actors user

Attached: 1530209914301.jpg (470x355, 22K)

Timmy is literally the perfect cast for Paul. You can't deny this.

Attached: 7097357381bb916cd82a7dd253db2106.jpg (1365x2048, 242K)

How would they leave Feyd for the sequel when the final fight that wraps up the first book is between him and Paul?

Stellan is a better choice than the guy in the Lynch movie, but neither has the right bass voice he's described having in the book.

The first movie will probably end at the middle of the first book

hope the dishonesty is a practical effect

I can deal with Zendaya but if Eamon Farren isn't cast as Feyd Rautha I'm checking out

Attached: eamon.jpg (300x200, 9K)

The casting is fine, what worries me is the director
Villeneuve is one of the most souless hacks in the business

Fuck off, finn

Too old and his forehead is too large.

Paul, Jessica and Leto are good picks.

Oscar as leto? Why not Duncan?

It's really fucking good.

Timothy and zendaya are meme casting but the others are good enough to make it watchable

You guys are aware that Zendaya will have like 5 minutes screentime tops, right?

>Hans Zimmer composing.

Bad move, Zimmer's dropped off.

He's bad only when he's called last minute or late in the stage of production, while here ge started working even before they started shooting.

They are splinting the film into two, and Feyd only has one minor appearance before the time jump. They could afford to leave him out even though it's not ideal.

That's actually a based choice. Redditfags keep suggesting shit like Rupert Grint, the guy that played Joffrey, that creepy brother from Get Out, etc. i.e. guys that don't have the handsome yet dark and dangerous look like Eamon. Plus, he has some similarities to Chalamet, and Paul and Feyd should have a resemblance, with Feyd the more handsomer and larger of the two. Nice choice, user. Really.

terrible meme actor cast
terrible director
terrible composer

1 Surrender monkey
3 beaners
1 niggress
2 anlgos
1 nord
1 coconut nigger

Attached: DISGUSTEDEXPRESSION.jpg (620x413, 37K)

check out his scenes in Twin Peaks s3, Feyd isn't that batshit crazy but he has creepy chops and since Paul and Feyd are related it's convenient that they're similarly handsome

I'm reminded of last night when there was a thread about Logan Lerman and I posted a comment about him being a filthy Jew dog and the OP being a filthy shill for Jew rats despite the fact I'm partially Jewish. So I'm choosing to see your post in that light after that easy reminder last night of how easy it is to shitpost on Yea Forums to rile others up.

I've seen s3, hence why I really do agree with your choice. Feyd wasn't as unhinged like Sting's version or Richard but Eamon has the acting abilities and looks. He's a great choice with, as you said, similarly handsome to Chalamet and is, unlike stupid suggestions like Grint or the Joffrey boy, actually taller and bigger than Chalamet. Given Denis and his autistic loveboner, he'll probably have the Feyd actor hitting the shoulders big time.

Why do people hate Lynch's Dune?

Perfect casting as the brainlet Rabban. All he has to do is look menacing, be cruel, and then get his head chopped off.

Pretty fucking great

It's really awkward and cringe inducing to watch, plus the effects weren't all there yet and some moments really felt flat, like, and spoilers, Paul taming a sandworm for the first time. I like Lynch but I don't think he was the right man for the job at all, whereas I think Denis is and, unlike Lynch, who did love the books, has had a loveboner for the book for close to 4 decades.

He clearly didn't read the books.

Wolfhard is a more real actor than Chalamet who just plays himself in every role

I tried to but i got lost with all the made up words

F E E T

Attached: rebeccafergusonfeet.gif (500x202, 1.99M)

>Dennis V.
>dune
I can’t even believe this movie is being made. It’s like a studio browsed a fantasy movie matchup thread on this board

He did, and he did love to the book too. Dino sprung it on him over the phone (and he misheard Dino as saying June, not Dune). Lynch's version was a fuck ton more faithful than what Jodorowsky planned on doing (he said he was raping the book but with love).

so they got a bunch of half black and latino actors to play a race that is based on Arabs?
so not only we wuz kangz but also éramos sultanes
WOKE

lol

As in you gave up after a chapter? You can catch on quickly if you pay attention. All the made up terms for the universe is part and parcel. It's less atypical than Herbert literally spelling out how the story is going to play in the little zingers at the beginning of each chapter (we know a lot of plot twists before they even happen because of these).

>race that is based on Arabs
The Fremen are mongrels based on several races.

the arabs occupied Spain for hundreds of years you absolute retard.

You left out Hope Solo, she was just announced as playing the sandworm.

Attached: Untitled.png (324x438, 262K)

Are the books as grotesque as Lynch's movie?

A good cast ruined by that AIDS faggot as Paul
How did they fuck up this bad?

in some ways more but in many ways less

>éramos sultanes
>the arabs occupied Spain for hundreds of years you absolute retard.
kek

Attached: ct.png (1280x720, 481K)

In some ways, no. The Harkonnens are a good example. In the film, they are cartoonishly evil. Absurdly evil and disgusting. In the books, they are horrid, cruel, sadistic people but they aren't over the top or insane either. They are quite reserved in their villainy. The Baron, the example, is calm, collected, and even has small human moments like taking zero pleasure in the manner in which he's dealing with Leto (who is nigh-royalty). He isn't cover in disgusting boils either and doesn't float around (but uses future tech to just suspend his fat so he can walk/waddle easily). Feyd isn't obviously as insane af like Sting's version either. There is never a moment with the Baron screaming and laughing like a mad man, barking orders at Rabban as Rabban chews on raw animal flesh, and then lusting after Feyd in a thong.

French gay boi: yeah that's ok
psycho Mexican: great
gay wrestler: shit
who?
boring Star Wars guy: shit
fit Ferguson: good
papa Skarsgard: great
Thanos: good
rapist barbarian: good

yeah I'm looking forward to this film desu

Not that much happens in the first book to justifiy 2 movies, fucking retard.

You haven't read the book

>skims through on wiki
>'not much happens'

BRADE LUNNAH!

You haven't read the books, have you? Isaacs is unironically a great fit for Leto other than his height. Gay wrestler is also a kino actor. It's Gay Jew boi, actually.

youtube.com/watch?v=YPr9368w-9o
As hilarious as it is fascinating and even admirable.

>Leto be described as olive skin
>Having black hair
>In his 40's
>Aquiline profile
He's a good physical fit sans the fact he's not a tall man. Eric Bana would have been a better fit but I'm not unhappy with Isaac.

Attached: 893013dcc1e37e9a6bbabb3f4079682e.jpg (500x646, 28K)

as long as they don't fuck up the weirding way of combat as heinously as Lynch, idc about the casting.

I wouldn't even feel gay after fucking him up the ass

the SciFi channel adaptation covered almost everything in the book and was approximately 4 hours without commercials.

He has male problem glasses for fuck sake kek

I don´t think that any of those actors would make for a good stilgar so I am disappointed

isaac is a terrible fit. he has nothing regal about him and his shortness is a huge strike against the casting just like Ehrenreich's was for solo.

I hate Isaac so much I can't wait for Leto to die like a bitch from the poison tooth kek! That death scene is so pathetic top kekcity

I have reread it just recently and it boils down to:
>Atreides arrive in Arrakis
>Conspiracy unfolds
>Leto is killed, Paul and Jessica run away
>Paul and Jessica living as Fremen
>Paul becomes Muadib
>Paul defeat the Harkonnens and becomes emperor
A 3 hour movie is good enough to convey all that. Youre forgetting that a lot of the book are characters internal monologues which woudnt he put to film anyway.

Only 4 of the actors in that picture are fully white, even less if you don't count Jews as white.

They're both meme actors, I would prefer Finn just cause he's cuter.

Jew
Spic
Filipino
Nigger
Spic
White
White
White
Dothraki

That would look like garbage and you know it.

>christian bale gains 450,000 pounds to play sandworm in 'dune' remake
I wish I saved that image.

He fits the role pretty well you retard.

>Eric Bana
Damn, I never thought of that, he would have been great.

FPBP

Playing a
Greek
Greek
Russian
Arab
Greek
Jew
Russian
Greek
Greek
I don't see the issue here.

Nope

No, he can't act for shit.

>And he's always described as looking way younger than his actual age
[citation needed]
He is described as being shorter not as looking younger.

this

>I never liked caricature Baron
It was pretty much true to the book character.

Idris Elba

That's not how you spell kino, user.

Has Isaacs ever had a crack at regal aristocrats before? Poe, that Chad CEO from Ex Machina, and Llewellyn Davis are pretty distinct to me because of his acting. He has range and I'm optimistic he can pull it off.

The list of big plot beats isn't that big but there's plenty of material like the Gladiatorial match, Water of Life, and Liet's death that really pads it out and makes a two parter necessary in my eyes.

I don't know who these people are, but I get the feeling they're terrible

No he wasn't. He didn't have the boils, he didn't float in mid air, and he wasn't an unhinged maniac that shouted and screamed and raved. Baron was sadistic and vile but also reserved and collected.

>conspiracy unfolds
the political intrigue is the best part of the novel and can easily take up an hour on its own

>Hurr, he is too twinkish. Paul is a mega badass.
>Hurr, he is too old. Paul is basically ten years old.
Make up your mind, you people.

DAVE, I SEE YOU'RE WORKING ON AN ANOTHER MOVIE INSTEAD OF TRAINING FOR OUR FIGHT AT WRESTLEMANIA IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS. HOW ABOUT I GO TO HOLLYWOOD AND KICK YOUR ASS ON SET FOR REAL?

Attached: seething.gif (480x270, 3.38M)

Why would I watch this when the 1984 movie is perfect?

What's more is that there's a team of professionals that can help Chalamet with fitting the role more, i.e. bulking up and so on... but even so, Paul isn't meant to be a muscular Chad. The Emperor notes how much thinner Paul is relative to muscular Feyd.

The percentage of based is in this picture is very high

Either contrarian or brainlet. Here: some nice Jewish tits. Leave this thread to wank off to them.

Attached: 1553711851115.jpg (961x1297, 350K)

Here you go friend
thehardtimes.net/harddrive/christian-bale-gains-450000-pounds-to-play-sandworm-in-dune-remake/

based and truepilled

>the 1984 movie is perfect
whew, lad

Attached: Centrist .jpg (1079x1079, 139K)

More like basedboi

>“He’s too modest,” said director Denis Villeneuve, rolling just in time to avoid being crushed by Bale’s blubbery thigh.

Attached: Based.jpg (413x395, 19K)

chalamet as the lead tanks the whole fucking thing

Why? Cause of his CMBYN role? He was convincing in that role (and Elio is pretty distinct from the stuttering, shy guy he is in real life), meaning he has acting chops and thus we act like Paul.

The cast seem onpoint overall in terms of looks and acting ability for their roles. The only two I really dispute is Tim and Zendaya.
Tim's looks like an aspiring guido with some weird underbite tick when he talks, and doesn't really have that 'noble Greek' look. I also have no idea about his acting ability.
Zendaya is black and not an Arab (which Chani is supposed to look like, mixed with Caucasian). I haven't even heard of her prior to this, so I have no idea how she performs either.

The best pick is Mommy Ferguson for sure. Jessica is going to be bangin.

I like the Lynch movie but it's far to be perfect. It has a lot of flaws, like the Harkonnen depiction for example, which it's ridiculous.

I can't fap to 1984 version.

>Director of photography raking sand in preparation for the next take
>IT'S FUCKING DISTRACTING
>NO SHUT THE FUCK UP DENIS
>DO I JUST GO AROUND AND RAKE YOUR SAND?!?
>YOU AND I ARE DONE PROFESSIONALLY
>*rolls over and crushes him*

I think Timmy can fit pretty well, but Zendaya is by far the worst pick of the casting

Chalamet is a solid actor. As far as looks go, he does not have a Greek look but does have a little but of an aquiline profile that Paul is described as having. They may be able to further this by giving him a more tanned look. Zendaya... I have no clue about acting ability either. I will bicker with anyone shitting on the casting purely cause of her looks. That either boils down to posting photos where she looks shitty (she'll be made to wear makeup, dipshits) or for not being a 10/10 waifu that an autist can wank to (Chani is described as elfin faced not a great beauty, and I'd say Zendaya has those features)

Lmao

Yeah, sure, the fat guy could use some work.
But the rest is pretty much spot on what I had in mind when I read the book.

Confirmed brainlet.

I don't think Lynch is suited to an epic. He's surreal and intentionally off kilter and awkward. That doesn't wash for Dune beyond a faux deep 'it's meant to feel like that and alienating to convey how alien this universe would be to us!' thing.

Zendaya looks like anything but an elf. Just look at her nose and her facial shape. Elves are supposed to have sharp and slim features, not wide and broad.

best Chani coming through

Attached: Chani-Barbora_Kodetová.jpg (220x176, 13K)

The cut it's not that good tho. When you see the fan cuts with the eliminated scenes, the whole thing get more coherence and it's closer to the book.

>t.gay actinglet

Yeah, those have been popping up in my jewtube feed for some reason.
Watched the ending, but was not sure if it was really any different.
It's been a long time since I watched it last.
To me it's case closed.

Btw... they're going to depict correctly the spice eyes this time? Cause all the previous works failed on it

I agree, but being a movie adaptation I doubt Villeneuve will adapt every little plot part and if he does it will probably be a bigger flop than BR2049. General audiences dont care about scifi, much less one where "nothing" happens.

>blacks are 7% of the North American population
>blacks are less than 1% of the EU population
>user thnks half of every casting needs to be black

Attached: 1551160754088.jpg (462x579, 92K)

>Oscar isaac
>boring star wars guy
Watch his fucking movies

>what do we think of this casting?
>weak, beta, crypto-fag jew male
>strong, dominant black female

If they change the character's name from Chani to Chaniqua, the casting would be perfect.

Attached: 1535944275964.jpg (736x1176, 121K)

>Chani to Chaniqua
Tell me about the watermelons of your planet, Usul

he played King John of England in Scott's Robin Dud and that was top kek in more ways than one including biggest ham this side of B movies.

>Zendaya

Too water fat, desu.

she's an awful pick but Chani is barely a character so all she has to do is moon over Chalamet and have an obligatory yas Queen Slay moment. A chimp could do that too.

No. One was quite enough.

bad cast like most villeneuve movies so not surprised

underrated

>We want the Rock except with actual acting ability for a more serious movie ro-

SAY
NO
MORE

Attached: 1527150671422.jpg (1200x1466, 275K)

Disagree. The three scenes I listed aren't slow filler. With the correct directing they can be utterly mesmerizing, surreal, beautiful, intense, etc.

But that's not really a indictment against him considering the film itself. It would be daft to use that film as evidence of Crowe being an incapable actor.

Where the hell did all these swarthy posters come from?

Attached: critic.jpg (399x322, 25K)

You know where.

the Netflix sponsored live action Evangelion movie looks great

Can't wait to see Zendaya PREGNANT with Chalamet's baby waddling around the sietch barefoot