CAPTAIN MARVEL Rejected Ideas & Deleted Scenes

>Reed Morano, Niki Caro, Elizabeth Wood, Emily Carmichael, Jennifer Kent, Rebecca Thomas, Rachel Talalay, Jennifer Yuh Nelson, Leslie Linka Glatter and Lorene Scafario were approached to direct before Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck were hired.

>There were talks about introducing Captain Marvel in AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR, joining the battle against Thanos in Titan and surviving the snap alongside Iron Man and Nebula, but it was ultimately decided it would be better to introduce her in her own movie.

>Although Brie Larson was always the studio’s choice for Carol Danvers, Katee Sackhoff, Kathryn Winnick, Blake Lively and Evan Rachel Wood, among others, were also considered.

>DeWanda Wise was originally cast as Maria Rambeau, but dropped out due to scheduling conflicts and was replaced by Lashana Lynch. Gugu Mbatha-Raw was also considered.

>Keanu Reeves was originally cast as Yon-Rogg, but dropped out due to scheduling conflicts and was replaced by Jude Law.

>Early drafts featured Helen Cobb, a veteran pilot and Carol’s mentor at the Air Force.

>Early drafts featured the Sentries, giant robots controlled by Ronan that Carol would have fought to protect Earth.

>Minn-Erva originally had a bigger role, exploring her rivalry with Carol and her resentment at being spurned as Yon-Rogg's favorite because of her.

>Mar-Vell was originally a man who masquerades as Dr. Walter Lawson and recruit Carol to test the Tesseract-powered lightspeed engine. Believing both Mar-Vell and Helen Cobb felt superfluous to the narrative, the writers decided to merge them into one.

>Early cuts feature an extended confrontation between Carol and the Supreme Intelligence at Mar-Vell’s ship.

>A deleted scene features Yon-Rogg meeting the Supreme Intelligence and seeing it as the thing he admires the most: Himself.

>An alternative post-credits scene features Yon-Rogg getting stranded in Sakaar and forced to become one of the Grandmaster's gladiators.

Attached: Captain Marvel.jpg (1200x630, 214K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2X5EzzrdElk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Brad Pitt was reportedly approached to play Mar-Vell before the character was reimagined.

Attached: Mar-Vell.png (892x384, 592K)

>Minn-Erva originally had a bigger role, exploring her rivalry with Carol and her resentment at being spurned as Yon-Rogg's favorite because of her.
Would like to have seen this, she was good.

>>A deleted scene features Yon-Rogg meeting the Supreme Intelligence and seeing it as the thing he admires the most: Himself.

based

Big if true.

>Leslie Linka Glatter
It's "Lesli"
t. /tpg/

I don't mind Brie Larson like most people here, but damn...Katheryn Winnick would have been a great captain marvel

>Katee Sackhoff, Kathryn Winnick, Blake Lively and Evan Rachel Wood,
All generic mediocre looking blonde white women that are approaching middle age. Where they going for mommy vibes or something?

were, not where...hehe sorry.

Lively and ERW woulda been great, way better than Larson

>Minn-Erva originally had a bigger role, exploring her rivalry with Carol and her resentment at being spurned as Yon-Rogg's favorite because of her

Gemma Chan under the blue makeup, i never would have guessed.

>Lively

Kek

Attached: 5.png (904x657, 1.19M)

Am I supposed to be angry at this?

>Sakaar

The one from Thor's movie?

>Katee Sackhoff, Kathryn Winnick, Blake Lively and Evan Rachel Wood, among others, were also considered.
literally all these women are 10x better than Brie

Haven't seen this shit
It is as much of a bore as it seems in the trailers?

This. Winnick would have been perfect.

I have seen this and am not a regular marvel movie viewer and in my opinion the movie gets rescued by Samuel L Jackson. It would have been really shit without him (and the kitty). I would say it is a movie for a rainy sunday. The movie does have some issues with pacing, they either left in the wrong scenes or they could have cut out 10-15 minutes.

which one was Yon Rogg? jude law?

youtube.com/watch?v=2X5EzzrdElk
Yeah Brie Larson is not the kind of girl to get a rhinoplasty

I found it a lot more interesting than the trailers made it out to be

I'm glad Keanu couldn't star in the movie. Dude deserves better.