It's a pilot tube gets jammed with ice/insects episode

>It's a pilot tube gets jammed with ice/insects episode

Attached: Second-Generation-Pitot-Tubes-To-Prevent-Fatal-Crashes-2sjxorfa4kyzdrg4ehf1ts.jpg (1024x743, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birgenair_Flight_301
youtube.com/watch?v=DpZzwcDyaDY
youtube.com/watch?v=RrttTR8e8-4
youtube.com/watch?v=Eu5fP2kfq5g
youtube.com/watch?v=Xfh9-ogUgSQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sZGSwxE9SUw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airblue_Flight_202
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauda_Air_Flight_004
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Climate_Orbiter
youtube.com/watch?v=tJ8PZwFJq64
google.rs/search?q=pitot tube&oq=pitot tube &aqs=chrome..69i57.2700j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lars_Rådeström
youtube.com/watch?v=zT58pzY41wA
youtube.com/watch?v=_XpojLYBNyc
youtube.com/watch?v=uzumWQ7LeuE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

god I wish my dick would get jammed with ice and insects

Name the program / episode?

is the laser going to shoot the bees?

any Mayday episode where there is an airspeed failure resulting in crash

>it's a climbing higher in an attempt to fly above the weather but the icing just gets worse episode

It's called a pitot tube, not a pilot tube.

not him but never heard of mayday, but I've watched air disasters for years.

won't happen again

That sounds extremely painful

I'll be monitoring

Attached: DWLdcqKXcAA9028.jpg (800x450, 51K)

>its a keeps pulling back on the stick/yoke in a stall episode

Crashing thish plane

>it's a "maintenance error from a decade ago finally causes a catastrophic failure and kills hundreds of people" episode

Attached: pepe_glasses.jpg (641x530, 25K)

There's no such thing as a "pilot tube." That thing is called a "pitot tube."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birgenair_Flight_301

Why did you type pilot tube twice

>incapable of reading the thread
yikes

>tfw Boeing guidance, navigation and control engineer (I work for space and defense, my stuff is supposed to kill people)
I really like that these threads keep popping up, they're comfy

just how JUST'd is Boeing right now, from the MAX thing, and the KC-46 thing, and Shamalamadingdong being super transparent about being the numero uno shill at the pentagon.

CRASHING THIS PLANE

Attached: Vespula_germanica_Richard_Bartz.jpg (1499x2000, 1.2M)

>it's a we could have paid more money to avert these problems but some executive is addicted to collecting money and wants a fifth vacation home but nobody will speak up about it even though it's obvious and every employee should be put in prison episode

>its a "your company bribes some retarded krauts to take a high speed, high altitude bomber interceptor and push it into a low speed, low altitude ground attack role with minimal training, almost causing your best engineer and program manager to resign" episode

Attached: F104 West German Navy.jpg (1800x784, 225K)

Boeing, another too big to fail fag company.

That's pretty much all aerospace companies now.

Anyone else buying up Boeing stock right now?

how does this happen so frequently? its one of the first rules in aviation: put the nose down to get out of a stall. and yet so many pilots fuck up such a simple step

What's the purpose of this thing and why doesn't it have a lid of sorts

This is the first genuinely funny thing I've seen on Yea Forums in like 10 days

>cabin loses pressure

Pitot tubes are used to get realtime airspeed by using wind pressure to relay the information to the cockpit. When they are jammed, the pilots are unable to know exactly how fast they are going which leads to stalling and crashing.

IMO the KC-46 is a bigger fuckup than 737 MAX. The thing with the MAX is that it's mostly a bunch of FUD pushed out by people that have a very poor grasp on how flight controls work. I personally wouldn't give an AOA sensor that much control authority, especially in simplex, but if you look at the flight hours it is a very safe plane. The double edge sword of the MAX is that it is designed to fly very similarly to an old 737 which means that airlines can transition pilots with a reduced training budget. That's great for sales, but, lo and behold 3rd world airlines start turning 737's into smoking holes in the ground.
The KC was just a straight up fuckup that was entirely Boeing's fault cut and dry. Both of them feel like nothingburgers for me though.

Don't forget SLS being delayed again and NASA all but cancelling it.

youtube.com/watch?v=DpZzwcDyaDY

Bad cockpit communication or panic

r/me_irl might be more your speed then

Well jesus why aren't there more than one

but high, sell low? I like your thinking

>its another "DC-10 has a catastrophic failure" episode

How does Douglas keep getting away with it?

What was his fucking problem, bros?

Attached: Su15.jpg (1024x670, 99K)

What if they just had a self cleaning meme thing going
I know we have the technology to have something self clean ice or even bugs
Shit just put a flamethrower in it

>pilot tube

Pitot tube

That was an old joke 25 years ago. Making fun of DC-10s in 2019 is cringe in the NTSB.

How does it feel being part of a company that is still having problems with pushing out a tanker aircraft when the A330 MRTT was mission ready nearly a fucking decade ago?

Afaik there are on most planes. The Birgenair crash, like many air crashes, was a combination of hardware fault pilot error caused by confusion.

There are.

Attached: 72347.png (987x783, 687K)

Airbus doesn't exactly have room to brag when it comes to fucking up.

Attached: Airbus_A-400M_Atlas_(19751904980).jpg (4800x3840, 2.79M)

Pitot tube.

Fuck the A330 MRTT. It's European. It's Airbus. I suppose you wanted the A380 for Air Force One as well you commie bastard.

Damm its that ez. U should get a nobel prize or somting. U solved it no more stalling in the future

It feels pretty good - I'm not French. Makes you wonder why they didn't win if it was so good.

And that was only a small fuckup compared to this gamble.

Attached: PSX_20190327_004741.jpg (1440x1145, 173K)

>French pilots

Holy shit I was sweating. Blast the plane up into outer space and send it careening down at a space shuttle angle. Last words from captain to F/O you're pulling BACK?

The MRTT outperforms the KC-46 in every single useful metric. Stop gobbling American protectionism cock.

Muh jobs, that’s it.

IT'S A PITOT TUBE JACKASS

They should have seen that shift in thé market coming.
Complete fault on the marketing part of airbus for not knowing what thé cliënt wanted.

Do you really think you're the first person to point that out? I think you're the 5th so far, keep it up :^)

Averaged inputs combined with French people hating their liberators' mother tongue so much that they're willing to flatten a plane.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

>It's a 'maintenance crew taped over the static ports on the plane and forgot to remove the tape before flight'-episode

>it's a "H1B poojeets create retarded software and the executives decide to keep it on the down-low since news of this garbage system might cause stock prices to drop, then the third world software inevitably crashes not one but two planes and now your killer plane is grounded all over the world while your company is in crisis because you just had to undercut your reliable white American employees and prevent stock prices from dropping half a percent" two-part episode

Attached: pajeet.png (191x264, 8K)

I'd just like to point out that would you've referred to as a "pilot tube" is in fact called a "pitot tube". A rather embarrassing faux pas on your part, I must say.

How does it feel to know you killed all those innocent africans

the slow hypoxia death/explosive decompression events are my favorite

>this kills the air disaster threads

Attached: c9e0267e7794cb63d4f47633392b2eaa[1].jpg (650x366, 15K)

Murdering Beebo is not cringe to them

>its a "buying sloppy seconds from aussie land in order to stretch the shelf life of your already overstretched fleet of legacy hornets for three billion maple pesos because DUDE weed LMAO" episode
Oh I hate this one.

Attached: Hornet.exe has stopped working.webm (854x480, 1.7M)

youtube.com/watch?v=RrttTR8e8-4

Tech like that will just turn the aircrash show into a surviving wildlife show.

That's a lot of autism

Attached: 1438274746008.jpg (920x380, 69K)

I don't work in commercial. like I said, my stuff deliberately kills people

>letting your kids play with the controls

it's the same show under different names in various regions

Magnificent

also when the fuck did I stumble into

>ejector seats for jets eject so hard and so fast they permanently reduce your height by compacting your spine
>once you eject theres a very good chance they wont let you fly again because another ejection could cripple you

youtube.com/watch?v=Eu5fP2kfq5g

They are heated for that reason

I don’t know if it’s hot enough to disintegrate insects though

>pilot tube

Attached: 286FB204-AB5C-4EB9-8FF9-D346467D6C56.jpg (270x360, 25K)

>my stuff deliberately kills people
So how does it feel working for Boeings commercial wing?

WOOP WOOOOP

PITOT NAMED AFTER SOME FRENCH FAGGOT

BUT BERNOULLI IS THE REAL KING OF THE SKY

>its a Yea Forums unironically has better aircraft discussions than /n/ episode

Pretty fr*cking based

The De Havilland Comet disasters will forever be the most kino ones.

are you the exact same person as all these posts

>it's a lock the cockpit door episode

Attached: AndreasLubitz.jpg (620x387, 276K)

>it's a 'everybody survives the crash but then get picked off by sharks' episode
love those

It’s a “F/O accidentally disengages autopilot with his knee and neither he nor the pilot can figure out why the plane is suddenly banking at 40 degrees” episode

> ...he said, after some furious googling

>its an "explosive cabin decompression" episode

Attached: sweating mahjong slut.gif (960x540, 360K)

I get the feeling that a detachable cabin would end up causing more trouble than good.

it's one of the most beautiful airplanes ever designed. Shame about the midair explosions.

Attached: 10908096-3x2-700x467.jpg (700x467, 39K)

So THAT'S what happened to Tom cruise

ALL THEY NEED IS THE UPGRADED AVIONICS PACKAGE THAT INDICATES AOA SO RETARDED THIRD WORLDERS CAN SEE WHATS GOING WRONG
AS IF THEY COULDNT GUESS, TYPICAL BRAINLETS

>Lands on your house
nothing personnel kid

Hopefully someone brings out a bigger modern version one day. The whole wing/engine design is beautiful.

>it's a "bring three hired guns who you know nothing about aboard your aircraft without telling anyone" episode

>lands in the ocean
>huge parachutes drape over the fuselage and everyone drowns trying to get out

That's a pitot tube, user.

the hell you say. it literally makes flying 100% safe. all the redundancies already built in and ON TOP OF THAT you can just parachute away whenever you want?? you would literally be impervious to danger

Attached: 5s5Op6P.png (714x516, 380K)

>youtube.com/watch?v=Xfh9-ogUgSQ
;_;7

Modern turbofans are too thicc to fit into engine nacelles that fit inside the average passenger jet wing.
Unless we start pumping out those blended wing body designs that NASA was punting around a couple years back.

Attached: GEturbofan.jpg (1280x856, 148K)

Because its yet another piece of complex technology for the already stupid and incompetent third worlder ground crews to fuck up.

They should definitely invest in the idea, hell it could even made emergency landings on water a bit safer.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 8.09.06 PM.png (1152x798, 944K)

It's called a pitot tube, user.

The one where a 747 went up in flames and the F/O almost made it back to the airport was pretty sad as well.

link?

Attached: 1550160328371.png (770x743, 155K)

Pilot tube?

There are pilot who can't figure out how to correct a stall and these guys flew a 747 with no vertical stabilizer for 30 minutes.

was that the ups one? where a bunch of cell phone batteries they were shipping blew up and caught on fire and there was so much smoke in the cabin that the pilots literally couldn't see their instruments. and then the captain's air ran out so he had to get up and go look for the spare air canister at the back of the cockpit. so he gets up and disappears in the smoke and never comes back. and the f/o has to try to figure out how to land the plane by himself when he cant even see the controls? yeah that was sad and terrifying. i swear its almost lovecraftian some of the horrors pilots have to face

youtube.com/watch?v=sZGSwxE9SUw

Yeah, that one. If the plane had captured the glideslope correctly the plane could've autolanded.
Instead, the plane just made a pass above the airstrip and continued flying.

>it's a land safely with a fire onboard but decide to taxi for 3 minutes and kill everyone from smoke inhalation instead of just evacuating episode

Attached: saudi163.jpg (306x200, 17K)

Amazing, right? Even though they weren't able to correct the complete loss of hydraulics, they're heroes in my book.

Those things aren't supposed to freeze up. They get pretty hot specifically to prevent that.

>Hi, I'm Johnny Knoxville, welcome to Jackass

> It's a captain ignores his fo and crashes into the side of a mountain episode

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airblue_Flight_202

I think that wing engine design is actually effeminate and ugly.

Modern engine designs and display are intended to impress with size. Size = power. A plane body with seemingly outsized engines is understood as a high performance plane.

The 777 has two ENORMOUS engines hanging off its wings.

The 757 also has two large engines compared to its body size, which is why 757 pilots praise the models power-for-days and also probably why Trump fell in love with it.

Attached: boeing-757-donald-trump1.jpg (800x533, 109K)

>ywn have a pack of speed tape
Imagine the shenanigans you could be up to

>Modern engine designs and display are intended to impress with size
Modern engine designs are intended to be fuel efficient and safe/easy to maintain. Nobody gives a fuck what they look like.

>The 777 has two ENORMOUS engines hanging off its wings.

Attached: 777x.jpg (2850x2137, 294K)

>Nobody gives a fuck what they look like.

Wrongu. Aesthetics are very important in any aircraft design.

But when it comes to engines its just a fact that larger engines produce more power, and so they have to be large, and if they're going to be large you might as well leverage that and argue that large is attractive.

It's been working desu.

Attached: maxresdefault (8).jpg (1280x720, 66K)

do you think the wasps lived

Is there a more aesthetic livery than Trump’s?

Blyat

Attached: Tu-22m crash.webm (640x352, 720K)

CANADA ISNT AN ACTUAL COUNTRY ANYWAY, THEIR MILITARY IS JUST FOR SHOW

AMERICAS HAT

Attached: Boeing 737.webm (1280x720, 1.73M)

Attached: Boeing 757.webm (1280x720, 1.3M)

PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN PULL UP TERRAIN

any story behind this?

The cheesy CGI of these videos really undermine the tragedy of watching a plane crash or hearing the pilots’ last words of fear.

Trump's livery is outdated by decades (but of course still perfectly Trump).

I think New Zealand has a more kino black dominated livery.

Attached: nzab789.jpg (600x300, 22K)

Sliding into my crush's DMs like

RUNNING IN THE 90S

>cucked nu-flag
Hope it crashes

>While the video proposal shows the detachable cabin deploying on a plane experiencing engine failure, it should first be noted that crashes due to this problem are exceptionally rare. Systems and power failures have accounted for less than 3% of all fatal accidents in the past 10 years. From the beginning the argument did not stack up.

Russian bomber crashed. Three of the four crew died.

They should have gone with the laser Kiwi.

Attached: SU-33 crash.webm (300x240, 349K)

>Russian bomber crashed.
I got that much, was it just a bad landing?

It's a fate has decided your time is up and ditches your body into bum-fuck Thailand where your corpse is looted and your rotting corpse can't be identified for your loving Austrian wife and two daughters back home episode.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauda_Air_Flight_004

I think it was a combo of bad weather causing them to come in too fast combined with the plane itself being old.

Attached: Tu-144.webm (622x480, 1.55M)

why does your pajeet look like a turkroach?

Attached: Think-o-lantern.jpg (3024x4032, 475K)

PULL UP TERRAIN, TERRAIN TERRAIN, OBSTACLE, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, PULL UP TERRAIN, TERRAIN TERRAIN, OBSTACLE, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, PULL UP TERRAIN, TERRAIN TERRAIN, OBSTACLE, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, PULL UP TERRAIN, TERRAIN TERRAIN, OBSTACLE, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, PULL UP TERRAIN, TERRAIN TERRAIN, OBSTACLE, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, PULL UP TERRAIN, TERRAIN TERRAIN, OBSTACLE, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, PULL UP TERRAIN, TERRAIN TERRAIN, OBSTACLE, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, PULL UP TERRAIN, TERRAIN TERRAIN, OBSTACLE, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, PULL UP TERRAIN, TERRAIN TERRAIN, OBSTACLE, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, PULL UP TERRAIN, TERRAIN TERRAIN, OBSTACLE, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, PULL UP TERRAIN, TERRAIN TERRAIN, OBSTACLE, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, PULL UP TERRAIN, TERRAIN TERRAIN, OBSTACLE, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, PULL UP TERRAIN, TERRAIN TERRAIN, OBSTACLE, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, PULL UP TERRAIN, TERRAIN TERRAIN, OBSTACLE, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, PULL UP TERRAIN, TERRAIN TERRAIN, OBSTACLE, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, PULL UP TERRAIN, TERRAIN TERRAIN, OBSTACLE, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, PULL UP TERRAIN, TERRAIN TERRAIN, OBSTACLE, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, PULL UP TERRAIN, TERRAIN TERRAIN, OBSTACLE, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, PULL UP TERRAIN, TERRAIN TERRAIN, OBSTACLE, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, WHOOP WHOOP, PULL UP, PULL UP TERRAIN, TERRAIN TERRAIN, OBSTACLE, PULL UP

Attached: 1550781184509.gif (269x270, 387K)

K-KURWA?

That makes no sense. You'd have to know it was wrong to bother looking it up.

>fat yank cunts destroy a rocket and its payload because they didn't understand the difference betweem imperial and metric units
>$115+ million gone up in smoke
>decades of work and future research
Yes fat yanks are so much better.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Climate_Orbiter

>their roundel is a flightless bird

Attached: Roundel_of_New_Zealand.svg.png (1280x1280, 74K)

I wouldn't say better but /n/ is more gripped by boeing vs airbus threads than Yea Forums is by messi vs ronaldo threads, which is just embarassing.

>dude only like 100 people every 3 years are killed by engine failure
>who even cares
>fuck them
Such a retarded argument. Even if it would only prevent 3% of fatal accidents, you should still implement it. You're still making your plane 3% safer.
Facking air jews

>We should change every plane to reduce accidents by 3%
>We shouldn't deport ethnic groups that commit 80% of murders
Hmn

>thinking it's worthwhile for society to spend hundreds of billions on this shit that maybe will save 2 lives a century

Would they officially be allowed to land if they were in that much of a sidewind? Amazing, but how risky was it?

I am scared to die in a plane crash, for the simple reason that all the NPCs on the plane would be spending their final moments screaming like it was some roller coaster ride, rather than having a moment of peace before the end.

Im sorry but its not that easy, if you think. You have solution to a problem when hundreds of high iq enginers are working on. You are retarded

Please have sex

I cant, im an involuntary celibate :^}

>letting space elves play with the controls
Fucking heretics got what was coming

Based

Its called hig bypass ratio, more air goes thu fan but not innto combustion camber.

God I hate packet loss so much

40 30 20 10 RETARD RETARD

Attached: Airbus A320.webm (666x480, 1.21M)

The front fell off.

DON'T PULL UP
DON'T PULL UP
youtube.com/watch?v=tJ8PZwFJq64

Do pilots unironically need a PUSH DOWN cue when stalls occur? Seems like half of them missed the memo about how to identify and recover from a stall.

Rule 63 banetta would grind the fuck out of that

Attached: images-19.jpg (739x415, 37K)

My guess is the pilot in control had severe autism so he just had to taxi.

I wonder how much shit came out.

If i remember this one was carrying military hardware that wasn't secured properly
A fucking tank or something broke loose and screwed the weight distrubtion type shit all up

>shit talking the Kiwi
I'll slap your shit if you keep this up

what episodes
Why don't they just do this no seriously?
What does this do?

Attached: 1553257300848.gif (964x912, 1.08M)

They aren't larger because they produce more power, they are larger to increase the bypass ratio, which increases the fuel economy.

If what you said was true, the Blackbird, with some of the most powerful engines ever created, would be large. They are not.

A pilot tube is a small tube the pilot puts his penis into to urinate while flying

A pitot tube is a device that measures airspeed

>it's a bring kid to your work station day

is Aeroperu flight 603

>It's a there's something wrong with the left falange episode

Glad I'm not the only one whose autism was bothered by that.

If pitot tubes are so fucking crucial to an airplain then why don't they have a shit ton of backups? Just cover a wing in fucking pitot tubes, you can't clog all of them.

I'm here to inform you that the device is known as a pitot tube.

Attached: Otto_Günsche_HD.jpg (1024x576, 254K)

Polish Air Force
Etihad

>pilot gets charged for manslaughter because some people couldn't unbuckle their seatbelts in a panic

Yeah whoever drew this doesn't understand physics. You're either a troll or actually fucking retarded.

What happens to a pilot who downs a 50mil plane by error?

did they just land in the windows desktop?

which flight?

why didn't he just land the fucking plane?

nice

Attached: download.jpg (720x665, 55K)

they stuffed 5 massive MRAP's into the hold, didn't strap it down properly, they broke out and battered the end of the plane destroying control elements. Went into a stall and boom.
They were fucked the moment the first strap broke.

>car speedometer stops working
>run off the road and hit a tree

Attached: 1310496497472.jpg (203x152, 16K)

goddam that perspective shift is crazy, as soon as the land comes into view you suddenly realise it isn't flying left to right it's going right to left at an angle :S

He was doing a low fly-by and the autopilot wanted to land him, so counteracted the pilot's input to go up again. Once they are about to crash in the trees, the autopilot vainly tries to increase thrust and get up but it was already too late.

pitot tube ...you fucking moron

haha what the fuck that seems like something you should have sorted out before you try it

It was the first passenger plane with a full fly-by-wire system in it and the pilot had limited experience handling one.

Came in here to post this

Yeah, the fucking widow-maker.
Only a couple of years earlier we had this shit, the jewy Johnnies proceed to steal and then let them rot in some warehouse.

Attached: Horten.jpg (1024x925, 737K)

IIRC, the pilots executed the flyby lower than they were supposed to. Since they had their gear and flaps out, the 320 assumed they were trying to land.

WEW WEW
>PULL UP!
WEW WEW
>PULL UP!
WEW WEW
>PULL UP!

I never got the resignation meme
Wow, good job, you put yourself into a position where you can do even less, and gave all your power away

For you?

this was me going into my exams in the last year of high school during the UK mephedrone craze

Bernoulli is usless

kek

Bernoulli actually also causes airplane crashes. Lots of smaller planes use carburetors, which have a little venturi tube that can get clogged with ice (even in warm conditions) and drop your plane out of the sky if you forget the carb heat. Shit's scary.

kek'd

I can't click your retarded greentext on Clover, fuck you give me a clickable link now

BLACKED Airlines

The Nimrod was based on Comet and we managed to make some of the ugliest aircraft ever from it.

Attached: NimrodMRA4.jpg (1152x780, 396K)

NANI? KANSEI DORIFTO

found the smelly poojeet lmao

>plane runs out of fuel

That plane has a goiter.

DEJA VU

yeah but did you pass though?

Same honestly

>it's a dc-10 episode

Attached: 1493061705885.png (646x595, 280K)

>Islam: The Airline

>They're at 10000 feet and 80 miles from the nearest airport

Air ISIS

It's one of the first things a freshman engineering student learns in fluid mechanics 101.

As a guy who works on 130 engines in the marines you’d be fucking amazed how much these dumb fucks under me just say “send it” without realizing they could kill a hundred or so people in 20 years by half adding a blade repair. I used to be way less scared to fly but fuck man. I’ve been in for too long

reddit threads

it actually is pitot tube cunt
google.rs/search?q=pitot tube&oq=pitot tube &aqs=chrome..69i57.2700j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Pilot tube is something else :^)

Attached: You_can_touch_my_pilot_tube.png (581x263, 41K)

Attached: 3405.0.570.359.jpg (570x359, 23K)

ALL IT TAKES IS ONE BAD PART

Attached: 1551156210228.png (409x168, 44K)

>pitot tube tests clogged with ice
>better climb until the plane stalls

Attached: Bonin.jpg (235x343, 14K)

I've only flown in a plane once, the day I skydived in a rickety thing with duct tape on the wing. People kept pointing out to me that I was oddly calm for a new guy. But thanks to these fucking threads I'm starting to think I'll never dare board a passenger jet. Pilots making rudimentary mistakes in the air or trying to take off from the wrong runway is just a completely different kind of fear.

If you're Swedish they give you another shot at Valhalla.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lars_Rådeström

It would be so expensive with that money you can save more live by just building and finding hospital all over the planet.

one of them had to die in the crash

>that video of some thai cruise boat with canopies on top, where people with lifejackets on get trapped by the canopies as it rolls over, unable to swim under it because of the lifejackets pushing them up and unable to go through it
I'm pretty sure I'd rather die from the high speed impact.

Attached: Brick Top.jpg (1252x1252, 113K)

[FAREWELL AND ADIEU TO YOU SPANISH LADIES INTENSIFIES]

For every one flight like that there are 10,000 that are completed without a hitch.

Or you just googled what it was and it gets corrected to pitot tube. All it takes is a mild case of inquisitiveness.

more like Boing 737

>that backing away

Attached: Boyd.jpg (323x305, 15K)

>check Nat geo In desperately to see if it's on
>Megasharks

Attached: 47d.jpg (437x431, 23K)

Its terrifying. These planes are ticking time bombs.

Attached: asian.jpg (2048x1024, 234K)

>have a suicide bomber painted on the side of your plane
Naisu

Attached: 1528247310522.jpg (1024x1024, 375K)

So is it just a perception thing or do pilots in the general area of Indonesia fuck up more?

>you're the F/O in a flight carrying 300
>the only other person in the cabin is the captain
>The captain suggests you leave the cockpit to take a rest
>You see a single tear on his cheek and his knuckles are white against the steering wheel
>What do?

Attached: 1535886876632.jpg (1024x1024, 133K)

not everyone is as ignorant about measuring devices as you are

>nah, i'm good, thanks
>you look like you could use a rest, though

This user is enlightened.

lmao

>No, I'll always be here for you Boss.

We had a comfy thread on /n/ where we agreed the rudder jackscrew is the airliner equivalent to a rotary wing "Jesus Nut."

>being correct is autistic

why don't they put the pilot tubes in the motors?
the heat would keep them defrosted

>Its a some Hawaiian guy screaming about a snack bar episode

Show me India's Martian rover. Here is America's.

Attached: selfie[1].jpg (800x600, 87K)

>The aircraft went into a diving speed of Mach 0.99, and may have broken the sound barrier. The aircraft broke up in mid-air at 4,000 feet

Fuuuuuuuuuu

*MRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!*

Why not put mesh over the pilot tube

Ask a flight attendant to sit in my seat for a bit, as per FAA regulations.

parachute systems for planes are already a thing and they save lives 100% of the time when they are used properly. Every time they've failed is because pilots forget they have the option till it's too late. It's the same issue ejection seats had when they were first invented and pilots simply forgot or were afraid to pull the ejection. The only downside to parachute landing systems is that they completely fuck up the plane on landing so if it's something that simple and can be recovered like a stall pilots would have to think twice before deciding to abandon ship and pull the parachute system.

youtube.com/watch?v=zT58pzY41wA

cool how you can see the engines dumping out the power to get back up

>airline created by Formula One star
>airplane crashes so fast it breaks the sound barrier
It's like pottery.

The pilot that landed this was a woman btw, but if you incels knew that you wouldn't be nearly as impressed.

same

This dude looks exactly like I imagine all older pilots to look like. Are the pilot-moustaches regulatory?

There's almost nothing to do in the cockpit once you're at cruise altitude. I assume they must pass the time grooming their moustaches to perfection.

mustaches are underrated and the thinking mans facial hair, so it's obvious high IQ professionals like pilots would have one

>look at documentary about how much maintenance goes into planes
>wonder how they fuck they can do that with all the planes flying around
>turns out that they just don't

Attached: 1529804347754.png (519x513, 569K)

Yeah right, would feel pretty safe landing right in the Hymalayas

Boeingfags literally are retarded.

>b-but it's the pilots fault, he wasn't trained like our glorious burger pilots
That's because Boeing specifically sold the aircraft to airlines boasting commonality, so the pilots wouldn't need to be re-trained.

>b-but it's the shitty software fault, probably some pajeet
It's not a coding error, it's a control system logic fault. And you don't subcontract airworthiness logic to third world pajeets.

>b-but its the shitty chink made components
Nope, MCAS fault already confirmed for Lion Air crash, nothing to do with components

>b-but the extra AoA sensor and cockpit display is available for the aircraft
Yeah, as an OPTIONAL extra which is charged extra as well. Greed at its finest.

so you'd rather crash into a mountain and instantly die than land on it?

Since you all seem to know about planes and pilots, would it still be possible to fulfil my childhood dream of being a small-south-sea-island cargo pilot like in Tales of The Golden Monkey and Talespin? Or is that kind of adventurous trucking long dead?

Just sayin its not 100% safe

youtube.com/watch?v=_XpojLYBNyc

Not that user, but it's way different for smaller private aircraft like the kind he must have used for skydiving. You don't need a flight plan or anything to fly in those, and you share the same airspace as everyone else. The pilot is solely responsible for making sure everything is maintained and up to snuff. If you own a plane, you can take it up and fly it around wherever you want in uncontrolled airspace, and towered/controlled airports generally let you land and take off at will if you radio them first. There's no big scary FAA inspector walking around checking up on everybody like they do for commercial aircraft.

Do we even fly a lot of planes over the Himalayas?

survivability is the issue at hand, not general saftey. You might get fucked up in a parachute landing but you will live ass apposed to merging with terrain at 300 knots

bush piloting?

Maybe it's just my outsider perspective but isn't bush piloting more landing on lakes in Canada/Alaska? I'd want tropical climes where there's a risk of being nibbled by a shark as you swim to shore, but I'm not sure if they do it all with boats there these days.

No we do not.

>Its a “radar technician is on nightshift and his buddy decides to go for a nap leaving him alone to juggle multiple workstations” episode

>If you own a plane, you can take it up and fly it around wherever you want in uncontrolled airspace
Wait, what? You can? I thought you still had to file at least a general flight plan or something to tell everyone where you might be. This makes me want to get a pilot license/plane even more, but also makes me a bit scared.

Feeling save yet?
youtube.com/watch?v=uzumWQ7LeuE
Title seems to be wrong, episode is about human error caused accidents.

It's surprisingly easy to get a private license and it makes no difference where/what kind of aircraft you fly, but if you wanna make a career out of it you need a commercial license which is a lot more stringent and takes a lot more hours to get your certificates for. I have the most basic private pilot certificate, which allows me to fly single-engine fixed gear aircraft up to 200 horsepower. It's not a huge deal to get endorsements for stuff like multi engine, high performance, complex (landing gear) aircraft, etc. which if you want to fly your comfy cargo craft you'd have to do. But if I were to make the jump to commercial, I'd have to get my IFR rating, log way more hours, get a new medical certificate that expires faster, and pass another super stringent FAA exam. It's a pretty big pain in the ass.

>Lauda stated, "what really annoyed me was Boeing's reaction once the cause was clear. Boeing did not want to say anything."[18] Lauda asked Boeing to fly the scenario in a simulator that used different data as compared to the one that Lauda had performed tests on at Gatwick airport.[22] Boeing initially refused, but Lauda insisted, so Boeing granted permission. Lauda attempted the flight in the simulator 15 times, and in every instance he was unable to recover. He asked Boeing to issue a statement, but the legal department said it could not be issued because it would take three months to adjust the wording. Lauda asked for a press conference the following day, and told Boeing that if it was possible to recover, he would be willing to fly on a 767 with two pilots and have the thrust reverser deploy in air. Boeing told Lauda that it was not possible, so he asked Boeing to issue a statement saying that it would not be survivable, and Boeing issued it. Lauda then added, "this was the first time in eight months that it had been made clear that the manufacturer [Boeing] was at fault and not the operator of the aeroplane [or Pratt and Whitney]."[18]
I like this Lauda guy.

>go to bed
>wake up
>this thread is still up
>mfw

Attached: 34747.jpg (250x411, 23K)

OUTTA MY WAY PAN AM FUCKING SHITS

Fucking Bonin man
How did he fuck up that hard?

Oh shit, one of our planes crashed. Let's call van Zanten for our team of experts.

That shit "dramatic" background music is just obnoxious and kind of ruins everything.

howling user howling

Nope. If I'm some bush pilot who sprays pesticides for a living, I can take off from my dirt runway and fly around without even having a radio or transponder.

>Yea Forums poster with a pilot license
How have you not crashed your plane yet

If you're skydiving you can just GTFO if the plane experiences any issues.

they let you do it again and again and again, then blow up half a aircraft carrier then get shot down and captured by dirty vit cong then become senato then run for president
>John Macain

GIVE HER THE LIFT, FAGGOT

Attached: daniel-bernoulli.jpg (620x362, 32K)

this meme again

>I will stay behind to fly the plane

>15 minutes later you realize no one needs to be on the plane

It is a beautiful plane though. Not Concorde tier, but it's up there.

Guess I must be a small guy.

Attached: Cert.jpg (2516x1591, 2.11M)

>Do pilots unironically need a PUSH DOWN cue when stalls occur?
This was cargo that came loose, as other said. But, usually the first thing you do in a stall is apply trim to get the nose down because you lose pitch control and pushing the yoke forward won't work anymore. Depends on the airplane and how far into the stall you are.

>captain please

You'll just wind up flying a cargo plane full of rubber dogshit out of Hong Kong

Glad I'm not the only one this bothered

Beats delivering anchovy pizzas.

There's a whole lot of math work in preflight called weight and balance that you do to make sure your weight and center of gravity is within the plane's specs. If cargo comes loose and throws your W&B out of that envelope, you're basically boned.

just open the cargo doors and pull up lol

Yeah I'm a commercial pilot. I was just telling the user in a stall it's not always just hammer the nose down and you're good. Even applying power to a large under-the-wing mounted airplane can make it worse because the moment of the thrust pushes the nose up and resists recovery. I hear people all the time say "just put the nose down" but the actual procedure depends on the airplane and the situation. For what I fly you would apply nose down trim, then sllloowwllyy apply power (because I have big low mounted engines), and lower the nose if the trim hasn't done that for you.

Thank you Günsche! Now lets jam the pitot tube of the Führers plane.

Attached: Fegelein antics.png (1160x642, 581K)

Engines can stall at high AoA also if you slam toga do to airflow issues also right?

Yeah safe from hearing loss

ez fix
After the package arrives on land, the parachutes are burned.

Did you sleep good F/O?

Why don't you take the stick for a while

Attached: 1553708637797.png (250x411, 157K)

The 737s cabin and cockpit feels so outdated imo.

Depending how steep things get you can stall the blades within the turbines which is what causes that. You'll get a loud bang, pop, or buzzing sound and loss of thrust, see your RPM winding back, and your EGT/ITT/FTIT either increase or decrease based on your altitude. You can generally catch that, but, if you are already in a situation where you are stalling you probably have a lot going on. Usually crashes are the result of a few things going wrong at once rather than one thing.

I saw some rekt video a while back where the plane falling you could see the turbines spitting fire from that. If blades continue to stall, the ability of the fan stage to deliver air to the subsequent compression stage is impeded, and it will lead to an abrupt drop in pressure inside the combustion chamber. This causes a reduction in available oxygen for combustion. The engine's performance, measured by the thrust delivered, is strongly impaired, and there is likely to be a lot of unburnt fuel remaining after the oxygen in the compressor is exhausted. That unburnt fuel ignites in a bright exterior flame as it escapes out the back of the combustion chamber and mixes with the oxygen-rich bypass flow.

Dam, I knew he owns an Airline but I had no idea he was this based about aviation, sick all round professionalisms

One of the best episodes of Mayday was one that wasn't even about planes. It had those two trains crash into each other in Canada. I wish they had more episodes like that.

>literally you right now
by the way, the first 4 posts pointing that out flew over my head, but the 5th time i finally understood my mistake

Attached: AYss5tO.jpg (756x762, 39K)

>crashing these planes with no survivors
what's the next step in his master plan?

Not seeing a whole lot of civilian corpses on that wiki article bro

Looks like the pilot narrowly missed the canopy midair after he ejected.

>it's a maintenance forgets to remove a piece of tape covering the static ports episode.