Okay Yea Forums, it's been a few weeks now. Time to admit it wasn't that bad

Okay Yea Forums, it's been a few weeks now. Time to admit it wasn't that bad.

Attached: Captain_Marvel_poster.jpg (220x326, 110K)

I wouldn't know.

It's one of three MCU / DCEU movies that I haven't seen, the other two being Black Panther and Aquaman.

I'll admit it wasn't bad when a decent dvd rip comes out

It was worse.

Attached: 1533910426853.jpg (1200x900, 160K)

I stopped watching it after a few minutes when she was talking to the older lady she seemed like a tryhard fighting the dude at the start

It's the literal low point of the MCU. Thor 2 and Iron Man 2 had Loki and RDJ being entertaining at least.

Worst main character.
Worst acting from the main character.
Worst action scenes.
Worst comedy.
Worst side characters.
Worst villain.

It was awful even for the MCU

It wasn't that good either. It was just a barely above average film that nobody would have watched if it didn't have the marvel logo on it

Yep, absolute dogshit. I'm tapping out after Endgame.

every other marvel movie had at least one thing going for it.
>likable actor
>likable character
>decent comedy
>decent director
>cool looking action
>etc. etc.

Captain Marvel had literally nothing going for it to make me want to see it.

I guarantee Captain Marvel 2 will never happen. They're buying their own tickets to save face after the media shitstorm.

there's a lot of memes about ZERO character development but this literally has none unless you consider recovering memories and learning who's lying to you to be development. and it had no meaningful impact on the rest of the MCU either.

Who cares? They can sell their movies to the trans fats now

I liked the Supreme intelligence and the Krees in general. The firendly immigrant Skrulls would have pissed me off, but there is a group of friendly Skrulls in the comics so they might have adapted that.

You are mentally impaired if you actually believe that

not that any of us really know what's going on at disney/marvel, but isn't the "friendly skrulls" antithetical to what is assumed to be the future after thanos? secret invasion and skrulls everywhere...

>make me want to see it.
900 mil and still going, nobody gives a shit if you want to see it chump.

it was ok honestly

There's no way they can normie audiences will ever accept the Skrulls as villains now. They'll instantly think of the cute little kids running around in Captain Marvel and be disconnected from the idea that there are actually evil ones. Secret Invasion is getting skipped over.

>900 mil and still going,
learn about inflation, retard. that means less and less every year

>Iron Fist tier cgi
>Worst color grading in the mcu
>shit pacing
>retconning Fury's eye
Literally feels like a phase one entry

Why are you bragging that something is pandering to the lowest common denominator and not bragging that it’s good?

Plaster the MCU logo on any movie and it'll make that kind of money, especially a month away from the most anticipated one ever.

>secret invasion and skrulls everywhere
>normie audiences will ever accept the Skrulls as villains now.
Yeah, They have to show a Skrull do something unspeakable like saying the n word if they want normalfags to think them as the bad dudes..

>but marketing costs!
>but the theatre take!
>but tricky marketing!
We’re bad enough. Are you seriously trying to add in
>but inflation!
In another six months, no movie in history will have ever turned a profit according to Yea Forums

Fuck off Mouse shill.
You're dismissing actual and legitimate criticism of the movie industry lying about how much money a movies makes.

Attached: eyeroll.jpg (490x490, 45K)

Much like Thor 1, it was garbage but harmless. I liked it and have high hopes for the character in future

Attached: Never Gonna Keep Me Down.webm (954x400, 2.91M)

None of that matters. It's movie #22 in a series where everyone has watched all 21 before hand, and has the bonus of marketing itself as the first female lead movie to get the Wonder Woman bucks. It making money has nothing to do with it's quality as a film, most of the haters even said beforehand they didn't expect it to flop.

>likable actor
>likable character
Had these in Jackson/Fury and Mendelsohn/Talos.
>cool looking action
The fights were alright, standard marvel fare. Last segment was the closest thing to seeing a Super Saiyan in live action.

>nobody gives a shit if you want to see it chump
You do, otherwise you wouldn't be shilling this dumpster fire. Visually, plot and character development wise this movie wasn't better than Suicide Squad but at least that one had hot girls. Go tell your bosses that

It was onlynas good as the goodness within it thatMa what rheybtold me to tellnyou awaken the wake into tomorrow aka thursday

I couldn't take Fury seriously at all in this. He's a secret agent meeting an extraterrestrial for the first time, and instantly falls in love with her and trusts her because she's a pretty white woman. Their scenes together are cringey 20 questions we're so similar teehee shit like they're just begging you to like them.

The Talos love is forced as fuck too, he's a generic bad guy turned good, nothing spectacular that deserved to be raved about in Mendelsohn's performance and he's barely in the film.

>Actively fucks with Winter Solider.
Nope.

Your mind has been ruined by /pol/.

No argument? Better call him /pol/. Bye retard.

Tom Cruise standing up again and again against a Samurai is more impressive than that

noooooo but it was le sjw movie I didn't see it but muh neckbeard youtubers said so

Attached: 1470352686489.jpg (291x344, 15K)

It was your standard MCU flick. Which is to say technically competent but forgettable and mediocre on everything else (acting, aesthetic, plot, music) nothing about it is meaningfull in any way. A decent way to burn two and half hours of your life without getting anything of value in exchange. this is appliable to every other MCU movie as well. Don´t feel bad

Just read she wants her character to be a dyke

Nine Inch Nails unironically saved this movie.

It wasn't that bad. It was terrible!

It was the best superhero movie of the year for sure.

Imagine being this much of a contrarian

>They're buying their own tickets
I'll fucking hate being the advocate devil here but I can guarantee that several spics ate it whole by weeks

>buying their own tickets
>domestic/foreign ratio tracks with other marvel movies
Imagine the person who believes this

considerably better than I thought it would be.
>there's a lot of memes about ZERO character development but this literally has none unless you consider recovering memories and learning who's lying to you to be development.
there is the overarching crosscutting between all the times she fell in her life and got back up. There is the Anthem plot device where she removes her regulator and harnesses the full extent of her power. There's the parallel between her first fight scene with Jude Law and the end fight where she's gone from limiting her self to "not having anything to prove to you."

You either suck at watching movies or you haven't actually seen the movie and you're just reciting memes.

>You're dismissing actual and legitimate criticism of the movie industry lying about how much money a movies makes.
lol. You virginal niggers don't give a shit about any of this shit until you're buttblasted about a kid's movie with a gril in it. You looked at things that ALL BIG MOVIE DISTRIBUTORS AND THEATERS DO (setting aside tickets for giveaways, selling bulk tickets to universities and churches and other social groups, only scheduling new movies weeks in advance, etc) and flip out from ignorance about how it's all a big conspiracy!

Nobody could just like things that make you upset! Disney is committing securities fraud! That's the ticket!

Attached: autism hug box.jpg (800x567, 132K)

I liked it
7/10

The first act kind of dragged a little, but the second and third were great.

>Disney is committing securities fraud
No they aren't. You're a fucking idiot.

I'm a Marvelchad and have to say it was low tier. Decent, but not great. That said, it was still better than both WW and Aquafag.

If you think they're "lying about how much a movie makes" by buying a ton of tickets just to bump up the box office results, then yeah they are.

no one here watched it

Attached: 1519052654366.jpg (249x249, 8K)

Reading comprehension just isn't your thing is it?

One of the worst MCU films. Carol is a boring bitch and Nick Fury was cringy as hell. And they ruined The Winter Soldier and The Avengers.

Attached: DBB50B16-8123-43E6-9BA7-BD122CF522AC.png (1440x2880, 701K)

Wow, skipping on the minorities, doesn't look good user.

have sex

Shill absolutely BTFO

Contrarian to what exactly? I'm comparing it to other MCU movies. It has 79% which is among the lowest scores for a Marvel movie, so it's not like they're praising it either and I'm being contrarian to them.

>some anonymous person telling Yea Forums exactly what it wants to hear
wow, such proof, case closed

It really wasn't. Bottom tier MCU for sure tho.

>THIS IS MY FIGHT SONG

It was terrible.

Give it up already.

Why is disney simultaneously going all out and half assing the shilling for this movie?

you're probably just autistic

That doesn't even make sense.

Attached: HamblyHair.png (371x503, 374K)

The underlying message of this movie

Attached: 1553525416239.png (1032x596, 627K)

It wasn't "that bad" and yet will make a billion dollars? Do you now understand there are plenty of "good" movies that won't make 100 million?

The fact we are talking about it being "that bad" is a real problem as Disney keeps making and pushing movies that aren't good and killing the film industry because of it.

Incel

Attached: 1553404187541.jpg (423x432, 124K)

Didn't watch :^)

have snecks

Attached: 1553139399873.jpg (252x274, 22K)

I walked out of the theater it was god awful.

Don't lie

I wouldn't know.

I know someone who's parents saw it. They hated it too. It was very on the nose. They said Captain Marvel was very stiff and un-lifelike.
They tricked people into watching it with the implication that you'd miss out on important avengers nonsense.
What are some of the Retcons it did in the MCU?
Only one I noticed off the bat was Fury's eye.

>there is the overarching crosscutting between all the times she fell in her life and got back up. There is the Anthem plot device where she removes her regulator and harnesses the full extent of her power. There's the parallel between her first fight scene with Jude Law and the end fight where she's gone from limiting her self to "not having anything to prove to you."
I thought you were agreeing with him when you stated all that.
I mean, you know that's just a flat line right?