Why haven't you written a script? I'm sure if Max Landis can do it, you can too

Why haven't you written a script? I'm sure if Max Landis can do it, you can too.

Attached: sexual predator.jpg (798x420, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

filmmakeriq.com/
learnaboutfilm.com/
filmmakingessays.tumblr.com/
youtube.com/user/curtisjudd
linchpinseo.com/color-guide-designers
youtube.com/user/RJFilmSchool
youtube.com/user/DSLRguide/videos
archive.org/details/filmtechniqueact00pudo
cinema5d.com/film-color-schemes-cinematic-color-design/
docs.google.com/document/d/1Gh-fomKSuIEZ-GJo2tere4YMjsDvmmsuyiJKzQ-1ZRk/
imsdb.com/
screenwriting.info/
litreactor.com/columns/writing-powerful-descriptions
cdn.writershelpingwriters.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Active-Verbs-List.pdf
fountain.io/faq
story.adobe.com/
storywriter.amazon.com/
trelby.org/
writerduet.com/
celtx.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hey, its the poster boy for NEPOTISM.

YAY

>its the poster boy for NEPOTISM.

And shit hair.

Are there any celebs who made it on their own merit? I thought Jonah Hill did but apparently he has high connections

Why the fuck does this guy get so much praise on Yea Forums. He has done jack shit and his father murdered four people with a helicopter and got away with it

My dad wasn't a murderer tough...

Adam Sandler

i've written one and it's not very good :(

>Helicopter flies down and dismembers an old white man, a chink and a niggress kid

he didn't mean to
he just couldn't Landis helicopter correctly

Attached: pun guy.jpg (600x600, 35K)

because I'm still trying to figure out a movie I can make involving only me because other people scare me

Damn it Carlos! 4 people died!

Make a film like Buried or Locke

Come back to youtube max, i enjoyed your videos.

Stop shitposting about yourself in Yea Forums already.

My Daddy doesn’t have Hollywood connections and can’t pull strings for me, but I have written scripts for fun.

Religious nepotism

Post them.

I have, I wrote my first feature script last year. Working on another right now as well as several short films. I'm going to direct the first feature with a microbudget within the next 3 years.

post them so a more diligent user can plagiarize them and make millions

I have never seen anybody on Yea Forums unironically praise him

Having Landis of all people REEEEing on twitter about Hollywood nepotism was strange.

Harrison Ford

Big Jim

Attached: james_cameron.jpg (446x299, 28K)

brando

they learned their lesson later when he started naming the jew

Why didn't max try and use his connections to help Jenny sell her scripts?

Attached: D2anKS_UwAE91Rq-orig.jpg (768x1024, 122K)

who?

Nicholson
reddit girl

Didn't his dad inadvertently kill 3 people?

>honk honks at you

He shared a dorm with that Jew who wrote Knocked Up and was friends with a lot of Jew comedians that made it before him.

You mean John “I can’t” Landis?

Yes

no one has ever praised max on Yea Forums

>inadvertently
You mean recklessly.

Attached: Landis decapitates a man and two children on set.webm (480x360, 2.5M)

i know, well that's what i tell myself. i am due to make a move... i really need to. i'm 40 years old and my old job is getting tiresome. i have a lot of good ideas but i feel paralyzed ... i don't think anyone can see value in what i can come up with and it gets me down. it probably is impossible statistically speaking but that's how i feel. so i just ... work very slowly on various writing projects, never finish anything... maybe i never will. what would yall recommend me to do? i think i should just put some stuff out there, like on youtube, and see if i can get some sort of a positive reaction, or try to work with people on project more complex than i can do on my own.

He got famous first though

(((diligent)))

Before his writer friend sure, but you're kidding yourself if you think his comedian friends had no help in the matter.

I'm balls deep in two other projects, both novel length, but I do have a script on the back-burner when I finish those.
Fuck, creativity takes forever.

Attached: IY- dance cat dance.gif (498x372, 1.19M)

>Why haven't you written a script?
I have. I'm filming it in like 6 months...

lying faggot retard

Literally just finished my final read through and touch up of grammar and spelling. Sending it off to coverage sites for feedback tomorrow because I have no friends or connections to give me feedback for free. I'll start on my next one the day after.

>Sending it off to coverage sites for feedback tomorrow
What's that? you have to pay? i'd be willing to i just fucking need opinions.

okay so some of you wrote scripts. They are good right...? What is the synopsis? Maybe I can help you out. Scratch my back I will scratch yours.

Attached: 1515088130563.jpg (812x828, 98K)

What would his dad's google history read?

Attached: 1551197238890.png (752x768, 464K)

huh?
Im sure we have amateur film makers around here somewhere. Why isnt there a general for that?
Like Amature Game Dev- but with cinekino?

>Why haven't you written a script? I'm sure if Max Landis can do it, you can too.
Sounds like you've never written anything.. If you had, you would have more respect for the level of difficulty involved.

Because having the idea seems to be enough for my psyche.
>Wouldn't it be interesting to write about...
>Yeah it would
And then I move on with my day.

good question. i would participate.

Yeah you pay and someone reads it and gives it feedback. It's luck of the draw as to how much your reader gives a shit which determines whether it was worth it or not but I have money to burn so am taking the risk on blcklst ($25 to host and $75 to have it reviewed) and WeScreenplay ($60 for a basic review)

Good for you user, but if you wrote it last year why are you waiting three more years to make it? Because that sounds like you're never going to do anything with it, like it exists purely as something for you to kick down the road indefinitely so you can tell yourself you have a plan in life.

We need a logo and like a small list of resources.
"Just like make film" or "Just like make kino" would sound fun.

we have attempts at film making generals and screenwriting generals regularly but they always fizzle out and die

There are sometimes, not as often as in the past but still. /fml/ and /sgw/ film making general and screenwritting general, i've tried to bring it back but it barely gets tractionon the weekends.

This is the usual OP:

/SWG/ ScreenWrittingGeneral
General film making too.

What books would you recommend for aspiring directors? Screenwriters?

>Useful Resources: Filmmaking
filmmakeriq.com/
learnaboutfilm.com/
filmmakingessays.tumblr.com/
youtube.com/user/curtisjudd
linchpinseo.com/color-guide-designers
youtube.com/user/RJFilmSchool
youtube.com/user/DSLRguide/videos
archive.org/details/filmtechniqueact00pudo
cinema5d.com/film-color-schemes-cinematic-color-design/
docs.google.com/document/d/1Gh-fomKSuIEZ-GJo2tere4YMjsDvmmsuyiJKzQ-1ZRk/

>Useful Resources: Screenwriting
imsdb.com/
screenwriting.info/
litreactor.com/columns/writing-powerful-descriptions
cdn.writershelpingwriters.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Active-Verbs-List.pdf

>Free Screenwriting Software
fountain.io/faq
story.adobe.com/
storywriter.amazon.com/
trelby.org/
writerduet.com/
celtx.com/

Attached: file.png (620x310, 97K)

>Why isnt there a general for that?
>Like Amature Game Dev- but with cinekino?
/swg/ and /fmg/ were generals on this board for years. But they got little attention and were started infrequently. The changing nature of this board over the last 5 years hasn't helped

I want to have at least 15 decent shorts before I do a feature. Also, I need to save up $12k, that's the amount I need for the film.

I might be able to finish it by 2021

Those sites are scams user. Marc Bernardin on a Kevin Smith podcast recently strongly advised people to stay away from those - and to be fair he's a fairly smart guy despite his association with Smith.

Fuck, thats depressing. Its not those retards posting "Sneed" all the time is it?

All those links for the OP look good. I would add websites to read scripts of major films that have already been made.
Looking at a finished script is invaluable for learning how to communicate your vision in that format. As important as it would be for a novelist to read, well, NOVELS by a important writers.
I use the Yea Forums sticky to pirate all my books on screenwriting.

Diff user, here. I was wondering about that.
Do you have a link to that podcast episode? I'd thought about getting an editor's eye on my work, but Im not sure where to find someone legit.

Nah there isn't actualy any suffocating intended shitposting like that, it's mostly people actualy trying to make it but it's just so few that the threads just don't sustain.

I'm still optimistic it'll get going someday.

They're my only option in terms of getting feedback. I think it's down to how good of a reader you get as to how much it was worth the money so can see why they have a reputation for being scams. I don't want to spend $100 to have some guy pretend to read my script but I don't have any other real choice.

Thank goodness. Thats much more hopeful than what I'd feared.

Writing features is hard dude, but isn't that hard. It's like a marathon. Anyone can do it but not everyone can do it on a regular basis or in a good time.

Reading unproduced and bad scripts can help more than reading good scripts. Learn by learning what not to do.

If you need coverage to look at your work, you aren't ready to work in hollywood.

Your best bet is to find a writing group and get regular feedback. That will help you more.

I've written several over the last few years. I almost won a competition a couple years ago and almost got a spec screenplay last year.

Bad scripts are great, too. I like to look at the good and the bad.

That might be the ticket. I'll try to look for a writing group.

Fat Man on Batman 245 - he's doing a listeners questions but I don't remember a timecode. I just remember him mentioning it in response to somebody asking about those services in regards to writing advice.
Also on this topic, if you mail your scripts to filmmaking personalities eg Kevin Smith, they flat-out won't read them, not because they're assholes even though they might be, but because they don't won't to be accused of plagiarism down the line, or end up doing it subconsciously.

thanks user!
Yeah, I'd never mail to it Kevin, though I would get a kick out of it.
He'd wouldnt be able to give me the help I needed. Need a professional critic for that.

I'm sure they're all fucking awful

Because of the insane amount of untalented pretentious fags who think they can write anything that's not painfully bad

Tarantino