We never really appreciate what we have til it's gone. TYBZ for giving us your vision

We never really appreciate what we have til it's gone. TYBZ for giving us your vision

Attached: zack.png (602x398, 277K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/boomborks/status/1109673855402930176
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck this anti-art plebeian reddit manchild

Attached: AHAHAHA.png (636x300, 36K)

fuck off to plebbit with this shit

Normies will never understand zack

So Watchmen was his only good film, right?

Literally our generations Kubrick

Snyder is masterful at visual mediums, and adapting things 1:1 from page to screen. I do not deny this at all.

It’s the reason Watchmen and 300 are so amazing as adaptations AND films, they’re faithful to what they came from.

He isn’t perfect though.

Snyder fucked up in the DCeU in that he inherently misunderstood that character of Batman to such a degree that it would have been much more effective if he just adapted a Batman comic from page to screen like Watchmen. Imagine a full scale adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns.

Instead he used what he THINKS the Dark Knight Returns resembles and fudged it through making it his own thing.

Example:

>Using TDKR plot as a reason for Batman to kill
>When TDKR Bats doesn’t kill a single person in the entire book, with even the Joker calling him a pussy and basically snapping his own neck

Snyder saw TDKR as some grimdark killer Batman fantasy instead of a lost Batman beig redeemed through Carrie Kelly.

I don’t doubt the mans film making but he fundamentally fucked up Batman, and just because there was a cool Arkham Asylum style fight (another media where Batman doesnt kill) doesnt fix the foundation

>And someone says to me like "Oh, Batman killed a guy!'--I"m like "Really?" I'm like "wake the f*** up!"....so that's what I'm saying, like, once you've lost your virginity to this FUCKIN' movie and then you come and say to me something about like 'oh my superhero wouldn't do that.' I'm like I'm like down the fuckin' road on that, you know what I mean? And it's a cool point of view. Like I'm 100% fine .. it's a cool POV to be like 'My heroes are innocent. My heroes didn't like fuckin, ya know, LIE to America. My heroes didn't fuckin' ya know embezzle money, my heroes didn't fuckin' commit any atrocities. I'm like that's cool but you're livin' in a fuckin' dreamworld. And I guess, ya know, so the cool thing is like mythologically-speaking I'm 100% fine and by the way I love anything more than Superman and Batman, but in the same way that Alan Moore was fed up with the fuckin' like OK 'no ya know .. they do THIS.

triggered

It's 2019 no one reads greentext anymore

He fucked up Watchmen though, and calling his visual style "masterful" is laughable. You probably watch RLM and think their reviews are good

Man of steel still the only good capeshit

As an adaptation Watchmen couldn’t have been done better sans the weird ending choice.

He didn’t “fuck up” Watchmen because it didnt embarass the source material in any way, it was a good adaptation in a world of shitty ones

twitter.com/boomborks/status/1109673855402930176

Oh man, he actually is retarded.

It's 2019 nobody twitters anymore

>Making fun of a dyslexic

That's a big yikes from me dawg

That's pretty dumb

Hacksnyder ruin nolankino

Go into great detail as to how he fucked up Watchmen.

This. I will never stop being thankful.

I love how Snyder acts and talks exactly like how I imagine his fans act and talk

WHAT OTHER COMICS/BOOKS WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE HIM ADAPT, WHAT OTHER FRANCHISES WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE HIM BE A PART OF?

>Using TDKR plot as a reason for Batman to kill
He wasn't adapting DKR plot. He was just taking elements from it. Batman kills in Bvs because he has spent 20 years failing & has fallen into dispair & rage.
>When TDKR Bats doesn’t kill a single person in the entire book
The problem here is the art doesn't match the writing in that book.
The moment with the m60 genuinely looks like he shoots the mutant, there is blood on the wall.
And the "rubber bullets, honest" moment with the tank comes right above a panel showing mutants being thrown into the air by huge explosions.

>STATE OF THOSE TATTOOS

Attached: 1548097263417.jpg (735x727, 53K)

>He fucked up Watchmen though,
It's not the early 2010's, you don't have to peddle this pseudo-contrarian bullshit talking point; Zack's Watchmen is as good as it's gonna get, and you know it

>swears like a sailor
Nice christian values

> As an adaptation Watchmen couldn’t have been done better sans the weird ending choice.
> Zack's Watchmen is as good as it's gonna get, and you know it
Dude I like the film a lot but it could have easily been made much better with a few tweaks.

> Take what we got...
> Replace Ozz's actor with Aaron Eckhart
> Replace Malin (silk 2) with Lynn Collins or Hayley Atwell
> Remove slow mo in the fight scenes.
> Tone down most of the cast's fighting abilities.
> Make Dan just a bit more bumbling & lonely.
> Make the sex scene more primal & passionate, less cringy.
> Add 10-20 more minutes to the film to further flesh out the cast besides Ror & Manhattan.
> Remove the laser gun & genetically altered tiger, they don't fit without the Octopus.

>Replace Malin (silk 2) with Lynn Collins or Hayley Atwell
> Remove slow mo in the fight scenes.
You may be onto something here

Attached: 1529679273423.jpg (377x405, 32K)