What was it like seeing this in the theater?

What was it like seeing this in the theater?

Attached: theoden.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Tgi-j56ueU
youtube.com/watch?v=Vm3BmjIvUtk
youtube.com/watch?v=yLyaCgbEGIo
youtube.com/watch?v=TME0xubdHQc
youtube.com/watch?v=A-yZNMWFqvM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

amazing

sneed

like seeing most other movies

>DEBT DEBT DEBT
made me want to save money

All the men cried and all the women were wondering why they didn't just turn around and ride home.

almost everyone orgasmed and those who didn't were beheaded for treachery

it was a long time ago but i think i mightve teared up

it was glorious

Literally awesome. We were in awe.

I saw it 7 times. People who didn't like each other bonded over it.

it was my first time having my breath taken away by a film. actually gasped for air once or twice during the charge because it was so ebin

It was so overwhelming people actually defended that fellowship meetup in frodo's bed at the end

I don't remember the exact feeling of that scene, but the experience as a whole was amazing. A packed theater, went with a group of friends and everyone seemed really into it at the end with how loud the clapping and cheering was.

Sent shivers through my body, teared up and I went home and had hot sex with my then girlfriend

I had a terrible headache for some reason and had to spend most of the film in agony.

There really was nothing like it, possibly the last true classic of the western world

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: Capture.png (1360x559, 853K)

I thought the charge was cool but seeing the orcs run in fear and the ghosts win the battle killed the momentum for me. The rest of the movie I kept thinking "Braveheart was better".

go back to the shadow

>JEFF! JEEEEFFFFFF!
What did that guy do to rile up Rohan so much?

>how loud the clapping and cheering was
Why do amerilards do that ? It's just a screen ffs, it's embarassing.

I had to take a piss.

Yeah, this movie was a two pee-breaker for me.

>before iPhones
>before social media
>before all the SJW bullshit
It was fucking glorious.

It was almost as good as getting head from my gf.

It wasn't that big of a deal. I mean I recognized back then that the LotR movies were good, but I wasn't shitting myself with amazement or anything.

Honestly underwhelming compared to Helms Deep. RotK should have been split into two movies.

It felt like the air was sucked out of the room, goosebumps all over and the feelong of being pushed into the seat.

Correct opinion. LotR had it's moments, but Hackson did his best to ruin it

boring as fuck just like the rest of this retarded movie series

>hurrdurr a bunch of manlets know exactly where to take a ring that was created in complete secrecy thousands of years ago

Oy vey! Not enough blacks!

Based retard

They didn't know, they were told where and what to do by that gay magician.

i remember being in absolute agony for over an hour because i refused to go and piss. the fucking multiple fade to blacks towards the end did not help things

Contrarian faggot

When I went to see The Fellowship in the theater with my friend and his dad back then, I seriously got up and pissed like 6 times and I wasn't even drinking anything. I don't know what the fuck was up. When I was young I really frequently had to piss especially if I was at school or out doing something. It stopped as I got older though.

There was only white people in the theatre, all roaring with pride at this scene. Luckily those days are past us. It was a scary time.

13 year old me had his first orgasm

I remember being six years old and watching this scene opening weekend and I don't remember my father's last words to me a year later if that tells you anything.

10/10 kino. Watching it in an old art deco cinema definitely enhanced the experience

Kid's loved the film so much. When I was in 8th grade I got sent a theatrical cut of the dvd mom had preorderd somewhere online before its street date, when I told a kid this happened he told pretty much everyone and then the whole school ridiculed me for being that 'dad works at nintendo kid'. It was really pretty surreal.
They really did send me the dvd like a week too early

HORNEY AND LONLY

I came, I sighed, I gasped, I winced, I awed, I laughed, I masturbated, I cried, I prayed, I screamed, I ejaculated, I despaired, I loved, I hated, I accepted, I left.

Honestly it was amazing. Everyone in the cinema was excited and cheered, laughed and cried without overdoing it so it was a hell of an experiance. I was in a fairly upmarket cinema too so it wasn't full of plebs or niggers overrating to everything. All the reactions were genuine and measured. Fucking amazing

I remember people being jaw-dropped at the other two movies too. These were true event movies and the nearest to this in modern day was the feeling when watching Infinity War in the cinema.

I've seen Two Towers and Return of the King in theaters with my father. I was about 12, he was over 50. We both love the whole trilogy, and it's the biggest bridge over our generational gap that there is. I love you pops, thank you for seeing those movies with me.

Attached: 1497231265471.jpg (540x472, 54K)

>What was it like seeing this in the theater?
It was like a sword day. Some might say a red day.

‘Twas a simpler time

what was it like seeing this in theaters?

Attached: 1540540458044.gif (245x245, 991K)

I fapped

>be a kid
>think this scene is pretty badass, essentially have Eowyn defeat evil with the power of her heart and friendship instead of raw strength
>Yea Forums now tells me I'm a SJW for still having nice memory about it

Attached: 1476380703730.png (956x679, 866K)

This was before all the culture war bullshit so people might have thought it was cliche or a neat moment or whatever, but there wasn't much talk about it at all.

I really hated the ghosts. Couldve spent like 10 min talking to some of the fiefdoms instead of being bailed out by ghosts

I was like 10-12 years old

Maybe the most memorable experience of my life was seeing all three in theaters. It depresses me that I'll never feel that same awe again

I was 10 at the time. I was in tears the final last hour. Nothing will ever amaze me like that again.

every showing must have been packed, the one I went to sure was, and this was back before theaters were plugged full of giant leather leisure chairs

All of the darkies in the theater were shaking in thier boots.

Just kidding, there were no darkies in the theater back then : (

>The rest of the movie I kept thinking "Braveheart was better".

Attached: 1517156764009.png (800x800, 84K)

I went to see this movie during Christmas break with my dad, like wit hall lotr movies, and let me tell you little I think 9? year old me cried like shit, not because it was sad, but because it was overwhelming. It sounds stupid af but fuck man it was truly something else.

I was already in love with her, it just got stronger.

avoided day 1, cause of the lines. went on day 2. there were still a bunch of cosplayers. they were noisy as fuck throughout the movie (cheering, and such). Almost as noisy as watching movies in a theater with basketball-americans.

His name is Magneto

Has enough time passed that they can confidently go back and Lucas the fuck out out of these films with new CG, inserting Hobbit actors, and rereleasing them in cinemas and on 4K, or are they waiting for the Amazon series to make more assets for them?

Attached: 4865512355123.jpg (825x464, 83K)

it hadn't been retconnned for the culture war yet, so it didn't come off as obnoxious or preachy. It was simply a moment of bravery, and an play on words.

"Man" is a species in the Tolken universe, not just a gender. "No man" means "no human", when the nazgul says it. Her wordplay interprets it as "no male", but she knows that the nazgul means "no human". It's just wordplay. She stabs him anyway, even though it will curse her, even though the nazgul is tied to the one ring, and cannot die permanently unless it is destroyed. It's simply brave, and self-sacrificing on her part.

Attached: scientist.jpg (888x610, 116K)

See back then people like you werent fucking retarded and you could enjoy this scene

I was like 13 so I thought the battle of helms deep was orgasmic

the whole scene was about glorifying feminine virtues, as was the passage from the book

she took up the sword because her countrymen needed it, she protected her loved ones (the hobbits/countrymen) because they needed it. In that she embodied the personification of love for others, and the ability it has to vanquish evil

trying to pretend it's some crazy empowering speech when really it was confirming to gender norms of the time it was written is hilarious

still the scene is fucking awesome

I'm 27 and it's still the best battle scene I've ever seen

the lightning was KINO

Didn't Merry kill him in the books and that's what "I am no man" meant?

It was like God had invited me into his Kingdom and personally blessed me.

To be fair, the only reason she could kill him was the enchanted dagger Merry stabbed him with

i had to pee

>Saw every LotR movie with my dad
Alcoholic white trash who also read the Silmarilion. Good times.

Attached: 1461263155584.jpg (2560x1920, 345K)

Could hav been way better if not for that awful scream.

Eh, it was worse when Arwen stole Glorfindels scene in the first movie.

it was a rush but the entire moria segment of fellowship was way better

not a surprise, you folks read the old testament to a t don't you? so why not the simarillion as well, with all its own begats, begots, and untold elfish thots

>saw every lotr movie with my dad and brother
>dad took us to see each one multiple times

those must be the only films i've ever seen multiple times in the theatre.

A highlight. That's about as good as it gets.

Loud, an fulfilling.

Fucking this. But as I recall there was actually a break in between because of its length.

It wasn't that bad. Was offset by her getting her ass kicked in the previous minute to that. Plus there was also the assist from Merry.

it was pretty hype and i was glad she was able to avenge her fathers death

the real hype was sam finding his strength and saving middle earth with sting and a pan

Grew up in a small oilfield/farming town with a tiny, shitty theatre. They overbooked the first week or so. People of every stripe attended, and there were many standing in the back and crouching in the aisles just to get in the doors so they could see it ASAP. There was a 15 minute intermission in the middle so people could go piss/get more popcorn. My brother and I took turns guarding our seats so no one stole them. People were openly weeping at "go home, Sam" and also at the Grey Havens. At the end, the entire theatre burst into applause (leaf here, not a burger. It quite literally never happens here, it's the only movie I've seen the audience applaud for.) It was an incredible experience that will most likely never happen again.

11 year old me thought it was epic

This was awesome because like others have pointed out, nu-feminism/gender autism wasn't a thing yet.

So call us old, which we are. But we got to experience this, so being old seems like a good thing.

Feels bad that I wasn’t old enough to see the greatest kino of our time in the cinema plex

>Having to pee once, sometimes twice, during a 3 hour 20 minute movie.

Yikes, looks like all that onions has ruined your bladder.

Merry didn't get the killing blow but he did stab the witch king with a human made anti nazgul sword he'd been carrying since the fellowship.

In the books the nazgul have bodies and tolkien confirmed anyone could potentially have killed one if they were strong and skilled enough. Merry's sword undid the magic holding him together and made his death at Eowyn's hand permanent.

You still can. Last November a theatre near me played all three extended cuts in 35mm for midnight shows each Saturday. It was incredible

It's so unreal that people were applauding the third lotr movie yet leaving halfway through the third hobbit, jackson really fucked up.

>extended
no thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=8Tgi-j56ueU
The cavalry are WAY too densely packed. Think about it, as soon as one (1) horse gets knocked out by an arrow, it takes out at least ten (10) that follow directly behind it. Ridiculous.

The Hobbit was a clusterfuck of incompetency, studio meddling and greed. Jackson entered the project after years and years of planning and production. Obviously he has lost his touch too, LotR was a labour of love and it shows.

I'm quietly wary of the new Amazon show, what are peoples thoughts so far?

>implying any is us gave a shit after hearing Theoden deliver the greatest battle speech ever written

Fucking amazing

Rolled my eyes at age nine. Corny, but not hateable.

I know right. There were also orcs for some reason? Which is stupid because orcs arent real so they shouldnt be there

I rolled my eyes desu senpai

i know it's a bit tiresome to say it but filling the Amazon one with africans for no reason will be the downfall

>implying
i was 11 when i saw this shit and stood up and walked out muttering "es jay dubyu-s"

Like bags of sand

Seeing The Lord of the Rings in the theater fundamentally changed my life. I never knew a thing about fantasy before I went to see Fellowship for a friend's birthday, but I decided then and there I wanted to be a fantasy author. I've nearly completed work on my first trilogy. It will probably never see publication and be rejected for being shit, but it exists entirely because of my experiences with The Lord of the Rings.

could be worse. Guy in college I knew said he decided to become a writer after watching Sin City

i'd love to see harad or rhun desu but they're just going to make black gondorians or asian hobbits instead

salty coins and milk

DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATH

More Harad woudl be great.

>the real hype was sam finding his strength and saving middle earth with sting and a pan
I still tear up at this scene every single time. We don't deserve Samwise the Brave.

Attached: Sam-carries-Frodo.jpg (710x376, 38K)

Why was it "deeaaath"? It sounded really, really bad and corny.

it was pretty cool. my fag friends became obsessed with the movies though

I think fans are fine with a diverse setting as long as it fits within Tolkien's universe. The Haradrim are Arab like in complexion, the men of Far Harad have dark skin and the Easterlings are likely of Turkic/Mongol influence. But Tolkien writes extensively of families and bloodlines. Certain Elves are black haired for a reason - they are descendants of Feanor. Certain men are taller or blonder for a reason, to signify their special bloodlines. Having random ethnic Elves or Numenorians would go directly against Tolkien's writings.

You think they could use this phrase in sensitive job interviews? I would fail.

Why are the non-white humans evil?

Because Tolkien took inspiration from our world to create his.

Sin City is absolutely based though

There were good and evil humans of every ethnicity, lord of the rings happens in ''europe'' during a war so the only non whites we see are the ones actively trying to conquer it. In the silmarillion more white men fought on the side of evil than good.

I mean honestly, it's no coincidence. Tolkien is writing as a European man, and throughout history the typical external threats against Europe have been Arabs or Eastern Nomads. The 'threat from the East' is typical of European literature and Mordor is no exception.

It was, from their point of view, a suicide charge through an enemy that vastly outnumbered them. Either they go for it then and there, or Minas Tirith falls before their eyes.

My dad took me to see RotK when I was 9 and it blew my fucking mind. You could feel people's excitement for this movie in the air, haven't had a theatrical experience like it since.

This but also it was supposed to be a duality of how the two kingdoms dealt with hopelessness and doom, when faced with his death Denethor went mad and tried to burn everything, when Theoden was faced with it he turned it into a battle cry and charged toward it.

I went with my dad and his friends, which was a girl- his dealer friend and me They had never seen the first two movies so I was like lol wtf you guys thinking.

Anyway they enjoyed it none the less but they hated how long it was ( fucking plebs )

But I remember being in the back seat of the van on the way home thinking about how cool the movie was and how excited I was to go home and play video games after. That was 12 years ago now. I'm a waste of life.

oh well

A few more notes on this:
- Use of war elephants by Harad, typical of Carthage / India / Persia
- Easterlings typically use cavalry, the Wainriders were nomads who fought Gondor
- Hobbiton has roughly the latitude of Oxford, placing Harad approximately in North Africa

But surely they should have experience charging orc lines. Cavalry charges are a gamble of whether the morale of the enemy infantry line breaks upon being charged. If the infantry line doesn't break, the cavalry get slaughtered, but if it does break then the cavalry charge succeeds. Orcs and such by nature lack moral, so the Rohirrim's prior successful charges against weak-willed orcs should have convinced them that the Rohirrim stood a pretty decent chance of succeeding.

Theoden is too fucking based for words. The dude blew his warhorn so hard it fucking exploded.

>t. betamale without a warrior spirit

it was an event, but now I find those movies boring asf

>user's dad brought his dealer to hang out with him and his son

Attached: 05191616.jpg (360x240, 18K)

We will never see another film [trilogy] like this again.

Didn't change the fact they were outnumbered 10 to 1.

The orcs outnumbered them like 10 to 1, they probably weren't sure if they could break a force that large.

>his dad didn't stop at his dealer friend's house every few days on the way home from being picked up from school
is this not normal?

I had to peepee really bad

That was alright, canon, and not forced. Arwen in FotR was awful, though.

It was great apart from the ending. Every time the movie looked like it was ending but didn't the groans in the audience got louder.

It was fucking incredible it's the only movie i saw in the cinema as a kid that i remember what it was like seeing it from start to finish inside the cinema

It was debt*

>a sword day
>a red day
>ere the sun rises

Attached: 1492696538673.gif (400x200, 56K)

>I can relive to perfection every moment of the two hour experience
autism

i dont remember

Biggest reason LotR shits on the Hobbit, the fucking stellar Orc designs. The fucking CGI abominations from the Hobbit are a disgrace to the good work from the LotR trilogy.

Attached: ORCS.jpg (1600x666, 201K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Vm3BmjIvUtk

The best opening sequence ever, completely hooked me in until the end of the movie

trips of truth

>The dude blew his warhorn so hard it fucking exploded

Attached: 1523548339644.jpg (568x479, 46K)

It was very long and I thought it had too much action/violence.
I haven't seen it since actually, but I've seen the other two several times.

youtube.com/watch?v=yLyaCgbEGIo

Attached: 1543122099957.gif (412x304, 2.59M)

I just want to experience it for the first time again

Attached: 1550766134950.jpg (715x417, 28K)

I was bored at this point of the movie, not even meming.
The charge at the end of the two towers was way more impressive to me.

>"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!"
We all need a Samwise in our life.

We achieved maximum fantasy kino in 2001 indeed.

Helm's Deep is definitely a better battle, far more tension as a whole

I had to pee around this part. I refuse to go to the bathroom during movies so I was in DEEP SHIT

Only if you mean movies. GoT beats LOTR by a fucking mile.

I'm British and the entire audience applauded at the end when I watched it. Only time I've ever seen it happen

Late 90s/early 2000s were such a great time for the blockbuster. You had all these new and interesting properties popping up yearly that were all big hits. In an age where everything is either capeshit or disney or a remake it seems unusual

I had no friends tho and my dad HATED seeing Fellowship so I took my mom. My mom felt like she "had" to see it as it was such a big deal but admitted she hated it.

I loved it though. It felt like we would never get a big or as epic a battle as Pelennor Fields on screen again.

This is probably bait but I fucking love GoT and no chance in hell is it better than LotR. They're both very realized universes, but Tolkien just went above and beyond anyone else to this day.

Kys

Exactly. I really thought it was over for them (since they keep getting btfo since the first movie), and then they just go outside like that.
And then you have mother fucking gandalf rushing like a madman.
It really felt unique.

I still haven't watched the third Hobbit movie.

I thought it was a clever loophole.

I figured Sauron put some sort of protection on the Witch King that prevented him from being killed by a MAN. So this was a twist around it.

Didn't see it as feminist or shoehorned or cringe or anything.

Because then the term "blockbuster" actually fucking meant something. Now it's blockbuster or bust.

Nothing will ever beat Helms Deep. But seeing the Rohirrim come to Gondor's aid and practically charging to their deaths in one final stand against the enemy.

only in humour and even then only in the early seasons

The Tolkien world very much is fantasy and not realistic whatsoever. How does the economy work? Never explained. Are the regions truly interconnected as if they evolved and morphed over time? Nah, just draw lines on a map.

I think it came out at the perfect time. Late enough to take advantage of the big budget and improved technology, early enough to miss the decline of Hollywood and social justice bullshit. Jackson was at his peak and the cast assembled were all willing to put in 100%.

Plus LotR and Tolkien are the reason for the entire modern fantasy genre.

This

This is pretty good bait I'll admit. Somebody post the GRRM pasta

Fuck you.

I'll have to disagree on that.

Attached: d1e.jpg (480x480, 32K)

>Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with. Lord of the Rings had a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the land would prosper. We look at real history and it’s not that simple. Tolkien can say that Aragorn became king and reigned for a hundred years, and he was wise and good. But Tolkien doesn’t ask the question: What was Aragorn’s tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army? What did he do in times of flood and famine? And what about all these orcs? By the end of the war, Sauron is gone but all of the orcs aren’t gone – they’re in the mountains. Did Aragorn pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them? Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles?

Attached: 1532512219053.jpg (1200x1529, 264K)

The Uruk-Hai of Isengard are also the most kino out of the evil factions

I didn't really connect with the Rohirrim stuff and their king. Also his daughter was annoying.
For me best part in return of the king are : golum/sam/frodo, the mad king/gandalf.

What i loved the most about LOTR was the grim/dark atmosphere.
Same way i enjoyed warcraft 3 and i can't stand WoW which became a pixar movie.

Isn't this a big twist in the book? You don't know it's her until that point.

>1995-2005

>Titanic
>Independence Day
>Braveheart
>Gladiator
>The Mummy
>Saving Private Ryan
>Thin Red Line
>The Matrix
>LOTR
>Kingdom of Heaven
>Troy
>Pirates of the Caribbean
>Batman Begins
>Raimi Spider-Man
>Revenge of the Sith

Same period as 2009-present. Fuck I can't think of a single good movie to have come out in this time.

>What was Aragorn’s tax policy?
Every fucking time I burst out laughing

it felt like a glorious race war was about to start and everything would be good again

get over it incels

>But Tolkien doesn’t ask the question: What was Aragorn’s tax policy?
THAT WAS THE POINT YOU STUPID BUTTER SNORTING BASTARD

The decline has been insane. There are enjoyable movies coming out but nothing on a grand or epic scale, and everything is either an introspective social commentary or a mind numbing superhero/action flick.

Is this where the finance memes came from?

Yes, lurk more

The movies were sorely lacking in scenes of fiscal debate. Why not change the White Council to Aragorn meeting the IMF to negotiate a new bailout for Gondor.

awesome

>aragon, they march on minas tirith, what shall we do!
>shut the fuck up I'm working on tax policy

Attached: 1514817882549.gif (300x300, 3.64M)

Pretty much, everything came together at just the right time to turn some books that were strongly believed to be unfilmable (there were some attempts earlier, not even bad, but limited) into a beautiful experience.

And it had its impact, there's always a LOTR related thread on Yea Forums 24/7. Love Jackson too for his early work. Seems hard to blame him for the hobbit shitshow, because he was pressed into it. Yeah, King Kong too...but he gave us this, so...

>My Lord, our pension schemes are no longer viable with the ageing population of Gondor
>We must bring in more young Haradrim to our fair nation

This. Fellowship of the Ring alone is enough to redeem Jackson no matter how shit he becomes in my eyes

>Seems hard to blame him for the hobbit shitshow, because he was pressed into it
people always make excuses for jackson in the hobbit trilogy but he still chose to use his limited time to create dumb shit like super speed legolas, tumour riddled goblins and eyeless limbless trolls. Can you imagine if tolkien saw those.

Watched a camrip. Was crying of joy. Like holy shit it was the best things i ve ever seen.

The Hobbit destroyed him, from the cast interviews it sounds like the whole thing was an ordeal for everyone involved. I do have a soft spot for King Kong though, I think it's pretty good. Fellowship of the Ring is damn near to a perfect movie though, gotta admit it.

Jeff was Gondor’s tax advisor, they were trying to relieve him.

>sir the haradrim aren't working, the poor houses are full, the streets are rampant with crime!
>tax the aging population of gondor

who let this dunlending in the throne room

fpbp

That said, I still get goosebumps, even when watching it at home for the n-th time.

I was 15 at that time and she was a bit too old for me, so it was just regular badass in the movie.

Today I get dirty thoughts seeing her. And Cate.

To be honest I think at some point he just stopped giving a fuck. The originals were absolutely labours of love, I can't even imagine the time it took to go over the source material, plan scenes, write dialogue, change parts to make it filmable etc.

the whole time I was watching I could only think "yeah this is alright, but what are Aragorn's tax policies?"

>And it had its impact, there's always a LOTR related thread on Yea Forums 24/7
truly the impact a movie tries to make

80% marginal tax rate on anyone earning >100,000 Gondorbucks per annum

Attached: bill gates.jpg (239x211, 6K)

>George Lucas spends years of his life plotting a narrative around trade and economics, get mocked for it
>GRRM delivers this quote and is heralded as the future of fantasy
No wonder George fell into depression.

>local theaters showed the full trilogy marathon (09am-9pm or something) in original voices
>prepare everything with friend, we're very excited because we both love LOTR
>last minute call say that I got to go away for work
>best friend tells me it was a great experience and that he had a lot of fun
FUCK
ME

>The Orcs make up 13% of our nation yet commit 50% of the crime
>But the Orcish food

Attached: 1550875606477.jpg (900x635, 58K)

I don't get how Wormtongue was supposed to be effective. Wouldn't they take one look at that slimy fucker and say get the fuck out of the throne room?

>quibble

Attached: 1431994407574.png (380x395, 323K)

Yeah I know right, as if shady hook nosed dissenters could ever find influence within a society

Having a hard time detecting the lvl of sarcasm.
I do the same for stuff like old school simpsons, one has to appreciate it for the good stuff, even if it turns to shit later. Yeah, we probably won't get another good movie out of Jackson, but he had his time. So, watch Braindead / Dead Alive and Frighteners if you have the time.

I mean seriously though look at him, he's easily the most evil looking human we see. He doesn't even try.

kek

Attached: 1550969846536.jpg (634x815, 120K)

Holy shit BASED

I've also built up quite the collection of orc-posting...

Attached: 1543136974164.png (669x858, 413K)

the ending was too long apparently, my buddy started throwing popcorn at me

>insist on showing people who have never seen the series the extended films
>hey bro just watch this 12 hour epic with me

Why do SJWs always compare irl stuff to Harry Potter while incels always compare irl stuff to LOTR

haha what else did he do?

>"quibbling" with a dead man

Based GRRM dabbing on tolkeins grave

There's a strange Russian retelling of LotR called "The Last Ringbearer" which described the War of the Ring as the bourgeois reactionary Elves launching a counter-revolution against the newly industrialising Mordor, which is in fact inhabited by Men who are portrayed by the Elves as these vile orcs through propaganda.

Attached: 1551286581656.gif (554x400, 120K)

The orc-post was mine. Well, I would guess that a lot of SJW are females, and chicks fucking love Harry Potter (I would know). The incel guys are naturally more into LOTR, it connects better with them.

I personally just find it funny and actually get heterosexual sex with genetic females, but that's beside the point.

Was pissed as fuck Friday and was still drunk in the morning and immediately put on the extended trilogy.
Cried like 4 times in 12 hours.
Still epic even though I watch them all at least 4 times a year.

>My friends... you bow to no one.

You were always nice, don't come to Edoras today

Attached: wormy.gif (245x172, 1.41M)

In the early days of the internet, I remember coming across a story of the 5th age of LOTR where it's modern technology. Dwarves had a grim fate, I can't remember what exactly--extinct maybe? Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

I used to like the movies but I can't watch them anymore because in retrospect I see a lot of the things that made me hate the Hobbit movies. I was completely unable to sit through the second movie and I haven't even bothered watching the third. Its been a long time so I can't remember any specifics. I would rather reread the books and I do every few years.

That's another thing too. I read a lot more than I used to and because of it I generally have a lot less patience with nonsense in movies and TV shows so I know that has a bit to do with my dislike of the movies.

it was fine and still is. the difference is if made today shit like that would make up over 50 percent of the content

this sounds kino

it was amazing, and i was high on weed too so..yes

nice.

nice

Most people just rolled their eyes and ignored it.

Attached: 1337740902600.jpg (202x120, 14K)

worm tongue doesn't have a hook nose nor was he described in the books of having one

Tolkien was a judeophile btw

Attached: Tolk.jpg (236x154, 9K)

I saw it with my two best mates of back in the day, it was amazing, all that hype, no social mefia, tuning your tv to see what was ahppening in the new zealand premiere, reading the books at the last minute to hype the movie even more, buying all the toy biz figurines that were like 8 bucks each and were amazingly well done....I wish I could relive it all over again.

Pic not related

>Love Jackson too for his early work. Seems hard to blame him for the hobbit shitshow, because he was pressed into it.
He was """"pressed"""" into making CGI shitfest, a retarded love story and a complete rewrite of most of the characters?
Fuck off with those shitty excuses. Turns out Jackson was a hack all along and just got lucky with the LoTR trilogy because it involved a lot of people far more competent than himself.

Attached: 1476674941743.png (396x400, 18K)

He wanted an element of realism in the series

You're arguing that he was the hack that brought us LOTR. Myself, I would just stop at that point, really...

Not sure what kind of argument you tried to string together there, user.
Maybe work on structuring your sentences better?

he also harshly criticised the leftist/jewish politicians who were calling for the germans to be exterminated after WW2 so he wasn't completely in their pocket, or whatever.

Surprisingly shitty. I was nudged up against some fat lady, and on the other side a black dude who wouldn't stop laughing. The audience clapped though.

Why not? He had a studio breathing down his neck, a budget which had already been used to make props which would never be used and a deadline he couldn't meet. Jackson is to blame too but the studio was looking for a quick guaranteed money maker but didn't want to put in the same amount of time and budget to make another LotR, instead ending up with the 3 part abomination we got.

and yet, if you watch the behind the scenes he still says arrogant shit ''i'm the only person capable of completing these movies, no one else could have made the hobbit'' well maybe that would have been a good thing peter.

>He had a studio breathing down his neck, a budget which had already been used to make props which would never be used and a deadline he couldn't meet
Come the fuck on. He had a lot of power and clout, just from being THE Peter Jackson. It's pretty clear that the "artistic" changes were mostly his, and his alone. He is a retarded faggot, who went full Lucas - except it wasn't even his own source material in the first place.
Also, if he REALLY couldn't afford to make new props, he was a fucking retard to throw out the ones made by Del Taco. Have you fucking seen Pan's Labyrinth? It's not like Taco doesn't know how to make amazing props.
But the props/CGI isn't the main problem. The problem is the retarded writing, the retarded composition, the retarded """humour""" and the general incompetence permeating almost every scene.
There are exactly TWO good bits from the whole trilogy: The intro and riddles in the dark. That's it.
Fuck it and fuck you

Name 1 time he called out a "jewish politician" and made negative reference to the fact that he was jewish.

Tolkien wasn't redpilled on the krauts tho

Attached: eternalkraut.png (1232x2974, 203K)

You're too mad to think. Of course it's gonna be shit when the studio is forcing him to make a 3 part movie instead of 1. Of course the studio told him to add in a love story/strong female to please their target demographics.

>Of course it's gonna be shit when the studio is forcing him to make a 3 part movie instead of 1.
Is that why he CUT huge amounts of content?
Why are you still making excuses for this has-been?

It's a parody of the HP shit.

Attached: activism.jpg (640x1273, 159K)

Literally the only good part was seeing men ride past each other to be the first in battle. The speech is dull and theoden merry and eowyn's battle cry are cringe as fuck.

The trilogy is fucking great but this is not a good example.

Attached: frodo-goodbyeb.jpg (550x353, 50K)

Are you me?

you know when you try not to cry in public at some real shit
like let out a tear or sumn
but shit get real and a couple tears get out
that

every time kek

Honestly all I remember is hating how long and dragged out the 10 different endings were because my bladder was about to explode but I refused to go the bathroom

YEAH, YOU FORGOT ABOUT AVATAR AND 300 YOU UNCULTURED SWINE!!!

it's called having sense of humor

Imagine seeing this charging at you.

Attached: eomer.png (1365x570, 998K)

I really wanted to see del Toro's Hobbit duology.

Same

I love the LoTR trilogy, but the movies have really etched in a certain set of images into our collective minds.
Before the movies there were so many interpretations and visual representations of Tolien's world. I was really hoping we'd see a bit of a ressurgence of creativity with del Toro's reimagining of the world.

>see this actor anywhere after this
>hey its wormtongue!

Eomer is so underappreciated

Attached: TOTHEKING.png (1915x805, 2.02M)

Also some of the best costume design in the trilogy

Attached: Eomer_-_Close_up.png (497x454, 368K)

ROTK should have been made into a netflix series running 4 seasons with at least two movies to cap it off.

He really is a worthy successor to Theoden

Attached: Eomer_at_the_coronation.png (894x532, 483K)

I literally walked out 5 minutes after this, like I had to catch a bus but I couldn't have given a shit.

I wonder what a couple dozen Mumakil were supposed to do if the Rohirrim hadn't been there to fight. They can't exactly get inside the city and navigate it

I wish I could be half the Chad that Eomer is.

Soul
Soulless

Insurance policy? It was probably obvious the Rohirrim would show up eventually since men would be fucked if Minas Tirith fell, but they probably got there earlier than expected. Then again, even as insurance the logistics for a creature like a Mumakil would be fucking insane.

Gondor has no bailout
Gondor needs no bailout

>Why do you lay these troubles on an already troubled mind?
>Can you not see?
>Jewel is wearied by your malcontent, your whoremongering

Attached: grima laudanumtongue.jpg (448x288, 18K)

HERIOOOOO

Attached: Capture.png (1268x560, 773K)

You didn't fantasize about being /ss/'d by a Rohirric horsewoman/Elvish queen?

This.

youtube.com/watch?v=TME0xubdHQc

youtube.com/watch?v=A-yZNMWFqvM

I had to get up and piss during the siege of Gondor, which was unfortunate. But that night I fucked the lady I took to the movie, so that was nice.

Attached: rotk.jpg (766x1170, 762K)

No shit! I had no idea.

Cavalry charges are a matter of maneuver to access weak points and spur a rout or a way to demoralize the enemy and destabilize their unit formations by killing out-of-step individuals depending on whether you choose to commit them late or early, respectively speaking. Not to mention their speed and range makes everything but the most heavy lance-bearing cavalry a better weapon against your opponents supply lines and camp than their soldiers directly.

My friends talked the whole time, two of them Brooke and Nolan started making out and everyone moved seats and left them in the back. Then shortly after, they were done making out and wanted to leave and everyone left in the middle of it and this girl named Hannah made me go with them.

Fucking normalfags.

I slept throughout the entire thing

As a kid, it was very exciting. I've since realized that Jackson's take on the source material was the dullest one imaginable.

Bakshi's exists.

Would have been Ralph Bakshi tier but considering what we got, I'd take it.

Bakshi's style is at least interesting. I'd watch it over Jackson's boring by the books, world-building obsessed "epic" any day.

Which was the only truly odd point in what was otherwise the best movie in the series, long sweeping shots, tons of suspense. Which is a shame because there isn't really any other character that establishes the badass status of elf lords, who are in the films boiled down to their d&d archetypes of archery and arrogance. The scene also doesn't necessarily show Arwen as powerful either, it just looks like she knows the password to Rivendell's magical defenses. Hugo Weaving single handedly holds up the elven cast, he holds scenes together by sheer presence alone.

>taking the girl youre trying to fuck to see RotK

Good strategy to get her horny, but how does it
feel knowing she was thinking about Aragorn, Eomer, and probably Gimli
railing her while she had to settle for you

The difference between Bakshi's work and a masterpiece is an award winning soundtrack. They literally built the entire thing on the premise that Led Zeppelin would write the music, and that fell through. I sincerely hope there's an edit floating around out there with the originally intended music.

Genuine question,

In the books, the ghosts are pivotal in winning the battle as they wrecked another army that was down the river that
Aragorn and company take to the city. If they hadn't done that then that army would have marched to Minas Tirith and
everyone wouldve died. So literally all Jackson did was show what they did instead of Aragorn just explaining it
after the battle like he does in the book. Yeah it wouldve been cool to see the other Gondor soldies arrive and help,
but the movie is 3+ hours and having to choose between having more soldies appear and explaining it later vs showing
the "cool" ghost army storyline we've already had to spend a good amount of time on pay off.

All that being said, I dont really like the ghosts visually. But for years I heard people complain about this part and when I
finally sat down to read the books I was dreading seeing what actually happened and it making the movie look dumb.

Attached: bPcyFYn.jpg (800x800, 110K)

Because that's not Theoden's line, it's actually Eomer's and he doesn't say it until after he sees Theoden and Eowyn die.

I stood and waited outside the cinema with some friends a day before they opened for tickets so we could be first in the queue

It was fucking cold as fuck but it was worth it
Local newspaper interviewed us, it was weird

It was really just the visuals that were a huge letdown with the ghosts. The ghost storyline is meh but OK, but the ghosts had no weight on the battlefield and just looked like green mists. Compared to cavalry charges and fighting it was remarkably anticlimactic.

The problem with that is the ghosts literally take away the hard won victory at Pellenor and make it seem cheap, it's also harder to explain how he suddenly becomes king without the backing of an army of loyalists, there's like five people in the whole city who even know who he is.

Best part of entire charge

why didn't theoden flank the mumakil after regrouping following the first charge? charging 30 ft beasts on horseback was fucking dumb

Men are such pussies

hmmm I don't really remember but the entire movie was cool