Dumbo

Surely there's no way this won't be a flop?
I had somehow convinced myself that they were releasing it in the summer but apparently it premières next Friday and I've seen no one even mention in the past month.

Attached: nmcbvhjf9y5-624x351.png (624x351, 371K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d2jBBQQkDL0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the only way to save it would be to have DeVito dress like he did in link related and pull out his gun at unexpected times
youtube.com/watch?v=d2jBBQQkDL0

Never bet against Disney.

Adventures of the Mars guy.
Wrinkle in time.
Disneyland Hong Kong.
First years of Disneyland Paris.

Ahem

Add Star Wars to that too

*never bet against Marvel
Disney has failed many times specially last year

just rerelease the original.

Probably because you don’t have a five-year-old

When is burton doing cool and edgy again?

Attached: E20714CA-E802-4657-AF0F-7D7749749314.jpg (800x450, 51K)

Retrospectively with Star wars though, they may have been right to rush out all 6 movies at once before people realized how lackluster the whole thing was.

If they had waited three years in-between each movie to ward off franchise fatigue, people would've rewatched TFA and realized how bad it was.

I don't understand why Disney pumps these out so quickly. The just did Mary Poppins, Winnie the Pooh came out right before that, and after Dumo they're doing Aladdin and Lion King within just a few months of each other. They do the same thing with Marvel movies and they tried to do it with Star Wars before the Han Solo movie tanked. These movies are all for kids but even kids need a breather. New movies are coming out before the old ones are even on DVD.

I don't, but I have a 7 year old little brother. He's much more jittery about Lion King and Pokémon that whatever this is.

I love the original but people vastly overestimate the attachment parents and children have for Dumbo, which is one of the least watched of the Disney's.
Parents put their kids in front of the Renaissance era movies much more than they do in front of Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and Dumbo.

Remember when Alice in Wonderland broke 1 billion (when that meant something) and then the sequel with the same director and cast was one of the biggest flops ever?
I'm thinking Dumbo will be much more similar to the sequel

It's like when shills were adamant that people would flock to see Mary Poppins Returns

They're making a profit and animation-wise outside of Pixar they've been floundering creatively since the late 90s. This was just the next step after direct-to-video sequels.

Fuck the Iger era.
I want my Michael Eisner shenanigans again.

Why couldn't they just make good movies?

Meh its an hour and forty minutes, might go see it with the girlfriend

Based Eisner bro

Attached: 0599A4B9-6902-4813-9EDE-A6501155E064.jpg (1105x1037, 192K)

When was he cool?

Burton has become a parody of himself two times over now.

Attached: CE6C27C5-9714-4578-937C-E004EFD503DC.jpg (220x269, 22K)

Think they greenlit the film before they had a place for it in the schedules so just decided to give it a low key release in whatever gap they could find..