Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ImPM5IDIYPs
youtube.com/watch?v=pSzMBOr6qI8
youtube.com/watch?v=rjMkAzshIqw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Miyazaki is fucking Kino.

Miyazaki is a fucking hack
I like his son and Anno better

Saw it for the first time last night, although I can't quite pinpoint the reason why it made me emotional at the end. Was it the direct inversion of the villain juxtaposed with the kind motherly figure?

I preferred Akira as far as animated films go

Mononoke is better

That's not Mononoke Hime

Not overrated but not as good as it as supposed to be either.

That, Grave of the Fireflies, and Only Yesterday

It was seeing Chihiro go from meek, unsure of herself and scared in the beginning to headstrong and confident by the end. The realisation of personal growth that we wish to see in ourselves evolve before our very eyes in another resonates in a way that sparks emotion.

Forgot about Totoro.

Lol all she did all film was shout it was annoying. Chihiro was the single weakest element of the film and since she was the main character the film sucked. You cannot deny every seen with her in it would have been superior if we could just watch the world existing as is without her. I particularly identify with the toad guys just standing there smoking during break on a long hard day of serving the more wealthy spirits.

I still remember the day I finally understood this film.
I was in a buss going downtown and saw a river that turned into an open sewer. Then the words of my father talking about the importance of a river for us.
Beautiful.

Probably, that and the gorgeous score.

I disagree, she wasn't weak or annoying in the slightest (for the plot's sake). I feel Miyazaki chose a 10-year old girl because she could be a catalyst (childlike wonder) for curiously interacting with the visually-psychedelic folklore wonderland. I liked her as a blank-slate protagonist without the career and emotional developmental baggage that typical protagonists, of an older refined age, bring along with them.

Miyazaki is good, but spirited away is hardly his best. Porko Rosso is better, same as Nausaca

I hate that something with the surface appearance of a weebshit child's cartoon is such a masterpiece. I'd be so fucking embarrassed to suggest watching this to my gf that I pretty much have to wait until I have kids to watch it with anyone else.

Only if we are talking about the manga Nausica. The film is garbage in comparison.

COMPLETELY AGREE

Chihiro's stupid fucking "HEY I AM REALLY CONCERNED SO I WILL SHOUT AND YELL AND STAMP MY FEET!" Jaap-school girl schtick is so fuuuucking annoying.

It's a good movie, but I do think it's pretty overrated.

>Not overrated but not as good as it as supposed to be either.
Not as good as it is supposed to be, so you're saying it's rated a little over how good it actually is? What's the word for that?

>Walt Disney Pictures Presents

lol not anymore
GKids owns that shit now

I liked the movie. I haven't seen it for years, but I remember it being awesome

my mom rented this for me and my sister when we were like 8.
I couldn't fucking understand it

youtube.com/watch?v=ImPM5IDIYPs

Attached: 0fa.jpg (3264x2448, 1.05M)

>Magnum Opus Tier
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Nausicaa Manga

>Poignant Masterpiece Tier
Porco Rosso
Only Yesterday

>Grand Adventure Tier
Nausicaa
Kiki's Delivery Service
Laputa Castle in the Sky

>Take me home Countly Load tier
Whisper of the Heart
Kaguya
Heidi Girl of the Alps

>He's a good boy he dindu nuffin tier
The Wind Rises
Kingdom of Dreams & Madness
Castle of Cagliostro

>Whimsical Fun Tier
My Neighbor Totoro
Grave of the Fireflies
From up on Poppy Hill

>Good but flawed tier
Marnie
Arrietty
Howls Moving Castle
Pom Poko

>Nigga what the FUCK are you doing tier
The Cat Returns
Ronja the Robbers Daughter
My Neighbors the Yamadas
Tales from Earthsea

Attached: banzai.jpg (3648x2736, 3.18M)

Actually not a single flaw. Good job user.

>Grave of the Fireflies
>Whimsical Fun
kek

As you grow older, Only Yesterday becomes so better.

Akira is the OG FUCK NIGGERS AND FUCK JANNIES anime

yeah i love that film
this is such a kino scene;
youtube.com/watch?v=pSzMBOr6qI8

Attached: only yesterday.jpg (1281x658, 64K)

How would you rank "Your Name"? Just curious.

it is very good and yet also very overrated tbqh

I got bored and fell asleep watching it lol
I might give it another chance one day.

In This Corner of the World, The Night is Short Walk on Girl & Wolf Children are my favorite non-ghibli anime films from this decade

Maybe the first 2/3rds or 3 quarters. Shit drops off hard towards the end. Porco Rosso and The Sword in the Stone are way better.

Thank you. I would have enjoyed the film far more if Haku was the main character, definitely.

Bitch please...

youtube.com/watch?v=rjMkAzshIqw

Porco Rosso as well...

No face was the most interesting part of the movie

>No future boy conan

Autistic* not automatic.

>>Whimsical Fun Tier
>Grave of the Fireflies

Attached: adoration_of_the_potato.jpg (236x283, 17K)

FUK AMERICA AND FUK 3D ANIMATION IT IS INSULT TO RIFE ITSELF LORD OF THE RINGS BAD MOVIE BECAUSE YOU DUMB AMERICAN KILL PEOPLE YOU DO NOT RIKE

Akira's opening 15 minutes and climax are incredible

everything else is shit nonstop military/science man exposition and little green faggots in hospitals

she is unironically the element that makes the movie work. She is the naive vehicle by which we experience the world

Yeah but she doesnt have to shout and whine all the time and it would be nice if she showed emotions more than the once or twice we see.

Watched the dub of it with gf when she found out i've never seen a ghibli flick before outside of the first 15 minutes of kiki's delivery service while flipping through channels years ago.
idk if it was just me, but at the end where chihiro remembers the dragon niggas name seemed to happen too fast to be meaningful.
also would have liked to see more development with chihiro forgetting her own name because it never really seemed like she was in danger of forgetting it.
had absolutely beautiful music though, looking forward to watching Only Yesterday and The Wind Rises

>FUK AMERICA AND FUK 3D ANIMATION
He praised Pixar movies while shitting on almost all Anime movies that weren't directed by him and that's only because John Lasseter is his friend