Mad Max>Fury Road

Mad Max>Fury Road

Attached: RoadWarrior_051Pyxurz.jpg (1600x1212, 205K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6x2C4LMBGI8
youtube.com/watch?v=Zr6rChjsWgs
youtube.com/watch?v=JhY9GOhFwN4
youtube.com/watch?v=LKuuHfMx3CQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9wPHxQMgdKs
youtube.com/watch?v=trGX3ET3jTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=TsoLb-E7oy8
youtube.com/watch?v=XQ9XcMybcX8
youtube.com/watch?v=dAtARhQXNPA
youtube.com/watch?v=pTYHYglem-M
youtube.com/watch?v=9OFpfTd0EIs
youtube.com/watch?v=lcOxhH8N3Bo
youtube.com/watch?v=41P8UxneDJE
youtube.com/watch?v=FG1NrQYXjLU
youtube.com/watch?v=2lvs2FzF64o
youtube.com/watch?v=CD-E-LDc384
youtube.com/watch?v=x3Dgl5xkh4E&t
youtu.be/fsgWUq0fdKk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fury Road > Road Warrior > Mad Max > Beyond Thunderdome

You're an idiot contrarian without any taste and you should kill yourself.

The truth hurts

Attached: 1553133247920.gif (240x260, 901K)

Yes

Road Warrior > Fury Road > Mad Max > Beyond Thunderdome

I prefer the gritty dirty feeling of road warrior. Fury road is incredible, it just doesn't feel as real.

Mad Max > Road Warrior > Fury Road > Thunderdome, of course that's just how you feel if you're not a pleb, if you're a pleb you might disagree

Road Warrior > Mad Max = Thunderdome > Fury Road.

>Mad Max = Thunderdome

Attached: 1553096603253.jpg (1125x1124, 82K)

The first is the only good one

1. Mad Max
2. The Road Warrior
3. Beyond Thunderdome
4. Fury Road

Attached: futurepib.jpg (1024x687, 208K)

>tfw you still haven't seen Thunderdome

Am I missing much?

Attached: 1498033151798.png (600x658, 82K)

The first half is pretty good

And sure the second half is OK, watch it you dumb nigger

WITNESS ME!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

Okey dokey ye chazwozza

Attached: 1478083612444.jpg (763x757, 59K)

it's called the Road Warrior and it is, indeed, much better than that over-rated bunch of millennial bait called "Fury Road"

Attached: road_warrior.jpg (1920x1080, 303K)

>great > OK=OK > hot garbage
this guy has it figured out

Attached: qhGiRwY.jpg (2048x1152, 608K)

>generic revenge movie
>better than anything
Nice one. Fury Road is a rare great action movie in the age of capeshit, and you being a contrarian faggot is not gonna change that fact.

it's a classic, I'm sorry you zoomers can't appreciate a man's movie like TRW but I guess you just need everything to be vagina-centric like FR, don't you?

Why do you feel Fury Road is any better than capeshit?

Witness these dubs

Attached: tenor.gif (480x270, 2.79M)

Fury Road was basically everything past Mad Max movies wanted to be without the budget constraints that they faced. It's on another level of production value and arguable one of the most impressive uses of practical effects in film. The first movie is hugely impressive for only costing 350k, but it isn't really comparable.

Like or dislike the characters and plot points, Mad Max has never been about that. It's about using them to introduce high-paced action scenes to the audience. It's something that should be taken at face value and that's not a bad thing when the movie knows what it's trying to be.

I don't think any one film nailed every single aspect of what makes a great Mad Max movie, but that being said, is correct.

fury road is capeshit, with a female lead at that

Came here to post this

Female faggot detected

Attached: 1398119871053.jpg (500x570, 133K)

Even then fury road does have better characters than the previous 2. The original was pretty good with it's characters.

Road Warrior > > > Fury Road > Mad Max > Thunderdome

Road Warrior is one of those movies that nails a particular aesthetic idea perfectly, like Conan and the origibal Blade Runner. People might argue Fury Road is "bigger" or has better effects, but Road Warrior embodies that Heavy Metal 80s vision of this aesthetic, of metalhead-punk barbarians in metallic masks that could have been on a Savatage / Judas Priest album cover from 1982.

The quintessential heavy metal aesthetic exists in a realm somewhere between Road Warrior, Conan, and The Two Towers.

the first mad max sucks ass and shouldn't even be considered a mad max movie

Pretty sure the Mad Max movies were never about dumb feminist characters tailored specifically to attract female audiences, who are "super strong womyn" who don't need no man and who use the power of their period blood or whatever to snipe men with their magic guns that never miss.

Attached: Vuvalini.jpg (430x366, 137K)

Both of these are acceptable. I think Beyond Thunderdome may be a better film but I find Fury Road to be more rewatchable because it's popcorn garbage and Thunderdome has some rough pacing at times. Anyways, the original is one of the finest films ever made and it shits all over Road Warrior or any other sequels

>Road Warrior embodies that Heavy Metal 80s vision of this aesthetic, of metalhead-punk barbarians in metallic masks that could have been on a Savatage / Judas Priest album cover from 1982.

Or Exumer album cover.

Attached: exumerpossessedrelp500.jpg (500x500, 60K)

Fuck you

it's just bait user, I refuse to believe anyone actually holds that opinion

Or Razor.

Attached: razor.jpg (1024x1024, 253K)

Despite the feminist bullshit and Tom Hardy being a shit actor and therefor a shit Max; I enjoyed Fury Road.... at first. Watched it maybe half a dozen times when it first dropped, but then I tried watching it recently and realized I have no more interest in watching this movie and instead watched Road Warrior for the hundredth time. I've been watching Road Warrior off and on for years and most likely always will, but Fury Road, now, comes across like a Transformers movie to me.

Road Warrior is best for this scene alone:

youtube.com/watch?v=6x2C4LMBGI8

Heavy Metal in movie form.

the irony of course being that despite the director gutting the franchise in a desperate male feminist fedora attempt to get women to watch an action movie... no women actually went to see it and it bombed so bad there won't be another mad max movie for decades lmao

nobody even watches the first (bad) mad max movie. in fact, many people wrongly think the 2nd max max movie featuring the boomerang kid is the 1st mad max movie. they'd be really disappointed if they saw the first one. leave it to the hipsters on Yea Forums to take the contrarian view, though.

>t. Reddit

Also, I'm not sure if heavy metal was massively influenced by Road Warrior, or if Road Warrior was modeling itself off heavy metal aesthetics of the time (I think it's the latter), but there was definitely a feedback loop going for a moment:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zr6rChjsWgs
youtube.com/watch?v=JhY9GOhFwN4
youtube.com/watch?v=LKuuHfMx3CQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9wPHxQMgdKs
youtube.com/watch?v=trGX3ET3jTQ

>THE AYATOLAAAAH OF ROCK AN' ROLLAAAA~

youtube.com/watch?v=TsoLb-E7oy8

youtube.com/watch?v=XQ9XcMybcX8

This one is also a bit Escape from New York-y.

Funny how the most story heavy mad max movie is the most hated when technically it's the most kino
It's a poor mad max movie but a rather decent film

I like that little intersection of heavy metal with that mid/late 80s 'dream horror' aesthetic, with all the purple mist and mysterious doorways and phantom monsters, aka The Dream Warriors / The Dream Master, Bad Dreams, The Gate, Hellraiser.

youtube.com/watch?v=dAtARhQXNPA
youtube.com/watch?v=pTYHYglem-M

Attached: Qa0Uy1R.jpg (718x538, 78K)

Heavy metal is a treasure trove of sick genre-related album covers.

Attached: sirens-4fb0b91e28678.jpg (1000x1000, 201K)

Attached: 61QquxWMyYL.jpg (500x500, 72K)

Then there's Bolt Thrower, whose whole gimmick is being a Warhammer-related band.

Attached: 5025aa7edd44b0dba7e9fe69772f11ce134ac908_hq.jpg (1000x974, 261K)

the Chad Interceptor > any other movie car

Attached: yPjv1Fz.jpg (1600x940, 478K)

It's mostly the former. I read in Motley Crue's autobiography 'The Dirt' that Nikki and Tommy were obssessed with both The Road Warrior and Escape from New York and modelled their look during the Shout at the Devil period on those two movies. Of course both of of those movies were inspired in part by the UK punk scenes fashion as well and Rob Halford of Judas Priest had already started wearing gay fetish leather-ware on stage.

A lot of musicians and early 80s videos were influenced though, not just the metal scene. Even Gary fucking Numan did a whole tour and album in Road Warrior garb (not a very good album though)

Beyond Thunderdome isn't even a real Mad Max movie.
It has little in common with the other films and turning into a Mad Max sequel was an afterthought after they decided to cast Mel Gibson.

I don't care about the feminism in Fury Road, I thought as a whole is was too obnoxious, cheesey, and green screened. The first Mad Max and Road Warrior to a lesser extent feel somewhat grounded in reality, like I could imagine something like that after the apocalypse. But Fury Road was pure over dramatic fantasy, some parts felt like they were directed by Tim Burton.

Hell no. Only seppos like it because it was their introduction to the series due to it being a kid's movie.

Billy Idol's whole thing look was like that too, the 80s were a pretty cool time to be a teenager and get to runaround in a leather jacket covered in spikes and mohawk

this, people actually were impressed by the giant Frankenstein-cars with flamethrower guitar guys on top? That's pure Tim Burton-tier gothic fantasy shit

Mad Max > Road Warrior > Fury Road >>>>>>>>>>>> Beyond Thunderdome

This is the only acceptable ranking

If you disagree, then witness yourself

>all these Mad Max > Road Warrior

Attached: 1553358548247.png (250x250, 120K)

Oh yeah, I was trying to recall Billy Idol's Eyes Without a Face with reference to this other aesthetic I was discussing here too:
youtube.com/watch?v=9OFpfTd0EIs

And the Total Eclipse of the Heart had that misty 80s dream/nightmare aesthetic too:
youtube.com/watch?v=lcOxhH8N3Bo

Which also crosses into that misty pink 80s fantasy aesthetic like in Never Ending Story and Labyrinth, somewhere between heavy metal and New Age:
youtube.com/watch?v=41P8UxneDJE

>mfw I saw the Road Warrior in the theater back in 82 when our little pack of neighborhood 13/14yo boys took the bus to the theater and sat in the front row, talk about being blown away

Attached: AMV5BZmM5M2Q.jpg (800x534, 90K)

That's something I've always liked about heavy metal, just how aesthetic and vibey it is, which I think is often overlooked or dismissed as being to escapist or something, although I completely disagree with that assessment, I think imagery like that is packed with truthfulness and realness, brushes up against he nature of things much more profoundly and vitally than punk's supposed social realism.

peak Escape from New York Idol here

youtube.com/watch?v=FG1NrQYXjLU

Attached: 130221984383.jpg (600x578, 49K)

So interesting.

I can just imagine how impressed the heavy metal guys must have been by movies like Conan the Barbarian, Road Warrior, Escape from New York, and then all these really iconic Dungeons and Dragons and Warhammer illustrations coming out at the time...

youtube.com/watch?v=2lvs2FzF64o

I mean metal in particular had such a close relationship with several of these genres - horror, fantasy, post-apocalyptic - that they're practically equivalent or synonymous in the cultural imagination.

Attached: cirithungol-return-front1.jpg (576x600, 229K)

This video also had that misty dream/nightmare horror/music video aesthetic:

youtube.com/watch?v=CD-E-LDc384

I mean this isnt true, but nice incel headcanon? Whatever keeps you from shooting up a middle school I guess

>I mean metal in particular had such a close relationship with several of these genres - horror, fantasy, post-apocalyptic - that they're practically equivalent or synonymous in the cultural imagination.

Which of course starts at its very beginning, with Black Sabbath and horror / the demonic / apocalyptic, and Led Zeppelin with Tolkien.

Zeppelin and Tolkien are practically connected at the hip by now, and that connection continues on through the entirety of metal.

did that really deserve this response?

Im sorry beyond thunderdome is better than Mad Max

Road Warrior is the best Mad Max film

Beyond Thunderdome is a corny pile of shit that doesn't know whether it wants to be a Mad Max movie or a kid's fantasy movie and fails at both.

Yeah nah, I can't pretend that Fury Road wasn't the best. 1 and 2 are great though, but Fury Road just has much better visuals, story telling, and polish without sacrificing the soul of the original.

We can all agree that 3 was hot garbage though.

Road Warrior is a perfect film, as far as I'm concerned, like Conan and The Thing are perfect.

True. It just can't get any better.
Conan is the absolute representation of power and what a man should be.
Mad Max Road Warrior is a story of a man that represents the law and justice in a world in flames
The Thing is the perfect horror thriller, you can't trust anybody and the danger is near.

Attached: 1503045330896.jpg (988x1500, 417K)

you have patrician tastes and admire pure perfection, my friend

good analysis

What fucking soul you blistering idiot. Fury Road is essentially transformers-tier action movie but without robots.

I have a deep admiration for executions of perfect aesthetic vision and style, where the main idea, and its appearance, are in complete harmony, and the vision so inspired and perfect that it is recognized as the gold standard or archetype of the genre it represents.

And I mean Conan for instance is just so fucking perfect on every level. One might disagree with its sentiments or find the genre silly, but its execution and design is flawless.

>Mad Max>Fury Road
does that even need to be said? fury road wasn't even on the same planet as Mad Max

Attached: original_result7.png (512x512, 505K)

what is your top ten list? does it include "A Clockwork Orange" or any other Kubrick? Does Star Wars (1977) meet you standards? "Robo Cop"? Did you like or hate "Bird Man"? Which did you prefer "No Country for Old Men" or "There Will Be Blood"?

Attached: G54pVFf.jpg (4693x7000, 2.55M)

It's hard to make a top ten, but my usual favorites definitely include:

Mulholland Dr.
Don't Look Now
Picnic at Hanging Rock
Carrie
Conan the Barbarian
The Shining
Rosemary's Baby
The Thing
Stalker
Videodrome
The Road Warrior
Vertigo
Carnival of Souls

I think the LOTR films were an insane accomplishment too and admire the original Star Wars trilogy. I just pretend the other movies don't exist, but I acknowledge KotOR in my headcanon.

Yeah, I love Robocop, and adore Verhoeven in general. And DePalma, and Argento, and Hitchcock. And I regard Kubrick very highly.

Yeah, I like the Coen Brothers, probably The Big Lebowski the most. Not very into P.T. Anderson for some reason. Never seen Birdman.

Other films I really like:
Suspiria, Footprints on the Moon, The Wicker Man, Claire's Knee, Solyaris, The Hired Hand, Badlands, Walkabout, What Have You Done to Solange?, Spring Breakers, Tangerine, Thief, Manhunter, Enter the Void, Night of the Living Dead, Alien /s, Terminator 1 & 2, Annihilation, Phase IV, The Florida Project, Good Time, The Long Goodbye, The Gate, The Dream Warriors, Neon Maniacs, Tenebre, The Green Ray, Melancholia, Antichrist, Climax, Heat, Miami Vice, Under the Skin, Blow-up, Blow Out, Deep Red, Body Double, Head, The Psychic, The Holy Mountain (1926), Escape from NY, original Blade Runner, The Neon Demon, Basic Instinct, Valerie and Her Week of Wonders, House with Laughing Windows, Lost in New York, Conquest, Near Dark, Chungking Express, Bloodsport, The Beyond, Clan of the Cave Bear, 3 Women...

>Suspiria

The original one, I meant.

Can we agree that waterworld was a good attempt at maritime mad Max?

I like you, user.

We would get along.

Some more:

Days of Heaven, Risky Business, Duck Soup, A Night at the Opera, Horse Feathers, Animal Crackers, Monkey Business, Possession (1981), Suddenly Last Summer, Jacob's Ladder, Halloween, Prom Night, Trilogy of Terror, Slacker, Bill & Ted 1 & 2, The Devil Rides Out, Repulsion, Scanners, Predator, Starship Troopers, Gremlins 1& 2, Aguirre: The Wrath of God, original Ghostbusters, E.T., Jurassic Park, Twin Peaks, Blue Velvet, Dagon, Mandy.

Fury Road would be top if the second half wasn't retarded. Road Warrior is still best.

Wrong. Below is the time-tested and perfected objective ranking.

Road Warrior > First Half of Thunderdome > Mad Max > Fury Road > Second Half of Thunderdome

Thanks. I'm sure we would.

And the Return of the Living Dead movies of course. And Street Trash.

I think I can agree with this. It doesn't deserve even 5% of the hate it gets. Though, it isn't a GREAT film in my opinion, just a generally underrated one that did a few interesting things.

What did you think of the new one?

I'm now much too drunk to properly respond (I've been "drinking beers and watching Cheers" while shitposting for several hours now) but you have really good taste user, and I am making note of several flicks you mentioned that I haven't seen, and I am glad this thread turned into what Yea Forums should be= patricians cross-pollinating other patricians

(television on the left, movies on the right, me in the mids)

Attached: 1506592204015.jpg (457x640, 59K)

Awful, awful taste.

Mad Max > Beyond Thunderdome > Road Warrior

in order of kino quality. Skip Fury Road

Also,

Vampire's Kiss, L.A. Confidential, Sunset Boulevard, The Red Shoes, The Night of the Hunter, The Company of Wolves, True Romance, King of New York

Believe it or not, given my taste, but I haven't gotten to it, just because I was so skeptical a remake was a good idea. But enough people I respect have said it's worthwhile, so I am planning to watch it soon.

Thank you. Some of those are total gems that are maybe a little less acknowledge, like Near Dark, or Vampire's Kiss as I mentioned some other stuff here But some of them are definitely real schlock, or total trash, or the lowest kind of genre hackwork, but somehow still really weird or interesting. Like Conquest is just the most bizarre obscuro 80s Euro fantasy movie with an almost New Age look to it. Or Clan of the Cave Bear is also New Age schlock, total 80s aunt kitsch, but also really trippy as like a Fleetwood Mac-ish filtering of the experience of pre-historical ancience. Probably great to watch stoned.

>"super strong womyn" who don't need no man

The chicks in the pic you posted get taken out in fairly short order.

>tfw you like the first one the best
IDGAF
Fight me

I always took that as an I Am Legend kind of thing.

It's Road Warrior>Fury Road>first half of Thunderdome>Mad Max>>>>>>>>>>Second half of Thunderdome.

Barter Town is one of the most iconic post apocalyptic settings ever.
The second half gets dumb though.

I laughed out loud the first time I saw the scene with the guy describing Master Blaster.

"The guy on top is called MASTER. He's the brains. The big guy is called BLASTER. He's the strength."

Such pure 80s cheese.

They spent so much effort on the world building and trying to make a cool religion that they forgot about the plot. Shame they couldn't have both.

Gay as fuck

I unironically love metal and actually think that stuff is cool, even. I would say that I can get why it's a niche taste, by its nature not meant for everyone, but I'm tempted to think less of someone who can't conceive of its appeal at least in certain cases.

there is only one good mad max. it's "Mad Max 2: road warrior". everything else is crap.

Like it's hard for me to fathom someone listening to this mix and not seeing what's so viscerally enjoyable and affecting about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=x3Dgl5xkh4E&t

It's like all the most awesome aspects of horror and fantasy translated through proto-postironic fantasy trash schlock, yet tapping into some of the most innate human emotions and drives without the tiresome interference of any kind of 'critique' or intervention.

It's still gay as fuck, and everyone who unironically calls themself a metalhead and wears leather shit is a raging homo.

Come at me bro's
Road Warrior>Fury Road=Beyond Thunderdome>Mad Max

fury road doesn't come anywhere near road warrior. it's was precisely the low budget authentic grit that made the film good. to add cgi and a bunch of stupid shit ruined the whole aesthetic and made it seem like a retarded dream.

Fury Road is one of the most overrated movies in recent history.

Attached: Aint takin no bait.gif (350x195, 2.33M)

>mad furiosa and a dude named Max: the 2 hour chase from point A to point B and back to point A
the effects aren't even that impressive desu, and the CGI used clashes with the practical effects. it's a meh flick at best yet this place and all the fucking contrarians will claim it's God's gift to cinema.

>the contrarians are the ones claiming Fury Road is a 10/10
Kek, my guy.

>no max
>zero interesting characters
>pants on head retarded and DULL plot, which is saying a lot for a mad max film
>lukewarm CGI layered on top of beautiful practical effects
I understand the circlejerk over the practical effects, but anyone who thinks Fury Road is better than Thunderdome is a massive fucking faggot.

Attached: Mad Max 2 bent throwing stick comes back atcha.webm (900x368, 2.76M)

Funny how there isn't a single image of the first bad Mad Max that no one likes in this thread.

Waterworld > Fury Road > Mad Max

What about the postman

What about The Road?

Fury Road > Road Warrior > Thunderdome > Mad Max

I would've loved to be a Warboy extra and just roleplay for the entire shooting. I would also take being an extra on the original mad max and getting paid in beer.

Thunderdome > Mad Max = Road Warrior > Fury Road

ffs underage zoomers shouldn't be posting here

The Postman kicked ass. It even had Tom Petty in it.

based boomer

Based incels hating a clearly superior movie just because there's a strong female character.
But they will eat up the new capeshit with the new cute female hero

Attached: 1537349786216.jpg (301x490, 26K)

Funny thing is that the matriarchal society failed in the movie and we don't know the full outcome of Furiosa's capital. Letting the water free like that is going to come as some consequence I reckon.

road warrior is the best and if you disagree youre a fucking cunt put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger

>this autistic prick

why is he making this nu male face ?

Where was the strong female character in Fury Road? It was all generic outlines it’s a mostly forgettable film with some good action scenes

96-7777/Thunderdome is a great movie, but it is not Mad Max. Kinda like Lunch's Dune.

>Road Warrior
Only in the US. Where it had been originally banned(?) due to the violence and then got released after Mad Max 2 had already come out IIRC. To the rest of the world it's Mad Max, Mad Max 2, Mad Max 3: Beyond the Thunderdome, Mad Max: Fury Road.

Always loved The Lord Humungus's exhortations while Max and Gyro were watching them all from the hill:
> Attack, my vermin, attack!
> Onward! Bring me the fuel.
> For the glory of Humungus.
> For the great glory of Humungus.
> Smegma crazies to the left!
> The gate!
> Gayboy berserkers to the gate!
> I am your Lord.
> Attack, my vermin, attack!

Attached: Mad Max Fury Road slit's gonna get ya.webm (1280x536, 1016K)

You mispelled waitnish may.

Once user said Road Warrior and Fury Road are the same legend; the first is told in a few centuries, and the second after some millennia.

Not at all, but think of where you are.

true, and baste

Check The Quiet Earth.

Yikes & cringe.
Fury road is the worst of them

>yfw some cunt doesn't bow to the Lord Humongous

Attached: 1508050247498.jpg (574x400, 61K)

>feminist bullshit
>women sex slaves don't want to be sex slaves anymore
wow what a load of bullshit

t.pussy licker

No wait, me got that backwards. The original Mad Max got banned and to avoid confusion they renamed MM2 so people wouldn't ask what it was a sequel to.

Fuck I'm on a roll today regards fucking the logic up...

Anyway, got MM2 and MMFR with subtitles and webmconverter's hamster has spun the wheel up to full speed: any requests for scenes?

>He thinks Thunderdome isn't the worst one.
kys tasteless faggots.

Those guys were fags. Astonishing, no?

The magical women that die, went back because of a man and were saved by two men? Disingenuous nigger.

>all these niggas saying Mad Max is the best and Fury Road is the worst

I remember being a contrarian 16 year old too. Mad Max is decent but I do recognize it's impact on cinema and saying that Fury Road is the worst is just lunacy unless you really fucking love Thunderdome for whatever masochistic reasons.

Attached: 7d9501b2.jpg (1080x1621, 117K)

A simple but hard truth

I like the first two most because they remind me of how Mel Gibson was almost Australian, which is still less pathetic than favouring Beyond Thunderdome.

>plot
>mad max

Attached: 1457662929748.jpg (447x428, 77K)

Attached: Mad Max 2 (1980) ayatollah.webm (800x326, 2.72M)

Mad Max is pretty good on its own.
It's a quirky Australian film with some nice violence and car violence in it, and even if Road Warrior wasn't successful I think it would still be a cult classic today.
It's good in a cult classic kinda way particularly with its charming acting and low-budget effects.
Fury Road, on the other hand, is a very good big-budget film. It's a mechanically good big-budget film-- it is Mad Max with a blockbuster budget, and its behaves like one. It doesn't have that same cult classic charm, and it never will, but its a very well crafted film. Comparing the og Mad Max with Fury Road is comparing two different genres, and I think they both are at the top of their own lanes.
Road Warrior is clearly the best film and Beyond the Thunderdome is clearly the worst, Mad Max and Fury Road are apples and oranges stuck in between them.

>unless you really fucking love Thunderdome for whatever masochistic reasons
For a lot of Americans it was their first Mad Max film. Despite the fact that it's not really a Mad Max film it's what they associate the series with due to nostalgia goggles.

Americans are fags and have shit taste. Always and forever.

It's not supposed to happen this way. Sequels are not supposed to be better than the movies that inspired them. The third movie in a series isn't supposed to create a world more complex, more visionary and more entertaining than the first two. Sequels are supposed to be creative voids. But now here is "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome,'' not only the best of the three Mad Max movies, but one of the best films of 1985.

Attached: egg.jpg (480x360, 12K)

Why is giant Elmo looking in the back window?

>MUH PLOT

Attached: 579hhn.png (500x730, 170K)

>total eclipse of the heart
Best version coming through:
youtu.be/fsgWUq0fdKk
Go thirty seconds without laughing and you’re probably German.

Once again Ebert shows his pleb status.

fuck it its almost 6am but im gonna watch road warrior now fuck you guys for getting me on this again

All the mad max movies are bad. It's the most overrated action franchise of all time. The opnly decent one was Road Warrior and even that is wildly overrated.

Attached: 1511521441099.jpg (1440x2560, 998K)

Mad Max = Mad Max 2 = Fury Road = First 40 Minutes of Beyond Thunderdome >>>>> Beyond The Recesses of Humanity's Thunderdone = Preferable Non-Existence

>he doesn't pick days of the month to watch Road Warrior, Fury Road (standard and Black & Chrome), and then invites friends over to shit on the other two
Yeesh

You unironically make that claim and post a photo of a man responsible for The Last Action Hero, Kindergarten Cop and Sabotage. Sad!

last action hero is better than any of the mad max films

Attached: 1522311514554.jpg (1324x1000, 167K)

i only have 2 friends outside of my brother one of them is legit like half retarded and i dont think any of them have good enough taste or patience to enjoy them