In “Us,” Jordan Peele employs point-of-view shots to put audience members in the position of the characters...

>In “Us,” Jordan Peele employs point-of-view shots to put audience members in the position of the characters, to conjure subjective and fragmentary experience that reverberates with the metaphysical eeriness of their suddenly doubled world.

Attached: ultimate kino.png (996x672, 586K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sAPMW2fu3m0
insights.som.yale.edu/insights/white-liberals-present-themselves-as-less-competent-in-interactions-with-african-americans
youtube.com/watch?v=NGBO1mq9gN0
reddit.com/r/TrueFilm/comments/b4qq7l/us_2019_does_jordan_peele_have_another_hit_on_his/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

anno did it first

In English, doc

>stuff every other movie does is suddenly genius because a brotha did it
what did they mean by this

groundbreaking

more like sudden doubted words

Attached: inventor.png (500x653, 143K)

Soft racism of low expectations

>blacks finally learn to play instruments after white men perfected the craft 100s of years ago
OH WOW OH AMAZING OH MY GOD THIS IS THE GREATEST EXPRESSION OF HUMAN ACCOMPLISHMENT
and now someone has taught them how to use cameras, great

Jesus Christ I hate pretentious writing like this.

The left are the real racists.

So like Hardcore Henry a movie made entirely to put the audience in the head of a character?

So, apparently Peele discovered what jungian archetypes are and decided to share his amazing discovery to the world.
>the real monsters were inside of us all this time
Hollywood and the woke crowd managed to convince Peele that him and his films are way smarter than they actually are.

faggots will always annoy me out of seeing any of these films. they could actually be the greatest and i'll never know because I won't fuckin' see them

bacot anjing. negro bisa bikin film satu aja bangga

I hope Jordan Peele tries to make a non-genre movie at some point so I can watch it and critique it appropriately.

>whites invent every modern convention of music, all music theory, notation, and every instrument
>puts on massive shows in towering metal and stone theaters 100s of years ago
>black guy invents playing three chords
>white guy makes it better
>WOW BASED BLACKS INVENTED ROCK

Everyone is racist. Most people either they hide it really well or disguise it by being a loud outspoken "anti-racist".

Seriously. Fuck this film if it thinks it can take that movie theater shot away from him.

You'll like Get Out then

u wot jabba

>black guy using established old techniques
GREATEST FILMMAKER OF ALL TIME

Just saw this movie. Plot is 1/10 really. Acting is meh, bearable. Doesn't really have much scares or great fights either. 4/10 for me. Music was ok.

The movie uses its score as a means to increase the tension of the scary scenes. A colossal achievement indeed.

>employs point-of-view shots to put audience members in the position of the characters

sadly as a white man I find that an impossibility

Do clickbait "jounralists" really want us to believe Jordon Peele invented the POV shot?

General concept is creepy, and it does a decent job of having an offputting otherness to the doppelgängers. The ending fight scene, dad jokes, and the “too slow” move that white tether did were pretty great.

Jesuschrist go fuck yourself with this affirmative action shit. I never thought I say it but I'll take capeshit over this.

>point-of-view shots to put audience members in the position of the characters

Remember that according to shits like Peele and his clique, you are literally unable to do this if you are not black.

The Doom movie did this 14 years ago.

When was there doppelgangers in Evangelion?

Attached: file.png (844x303, 372K)

is this a serious question?

>invented

if this isn't fake it was written by a retard, but an 11 year old building a custom pc is pretty decent.

Those are clones, not doppelgangers.
Yes.

those were literal clones, though. doppelganger is different

"an apparition or double of a living person"
rei is a living person, no? also there are more than one conscious reis at a time during pretty much the entire series

How did the tethers suddenly go from mimicking the actions of their real selves to complete independence, and why does the son’s mirror his one for one when none of the others do it?

>In “Us,” Jordan Peele employs point-of-view shots to put audience members in the position of the characters, to conjure subjective and fragmentary experience that reverberates with the metaphysical eeriness of their suddenly doubled world.

>In “Us,” point-of-view shots put audience members in the position of the characters, to conjure subjective and fragmentary experience that reverberates with the metaphysical eeriness of their suddenly doubled world.

>In “Us,” point-of-view shots put the audience in the position of the characters.

>The audience sees the point of view of the characters.

>Audience, from the characters point of view, sees.

>Character sees what audience see. Scary!

>Audience see the scary.

>U [POV] !!! :)

This movie made no fucking sense.

He's a half breed so they share a special bond

Wouldn’t the daughter have done the same thing then?

the sheer amount of plot holes in this being forgiven and ignored proves this is 100 % graded on a curve. audience are absolute bitches about plot holes.

Does he use metaphysical as in beyond-physics/unreal or philosophically (what's there/first cause). Anyway shitty review and this guy needs a grammar class. Why am I being used to create emotion? That makes no sense.

Kek

pseud detected

its the new yorker too loool

nice rebuttal

U sure bout that sport?

Wow, a nigger invented POV shots? Guess they deserve reparations after all.

>fuck outta here with this bullshit

who are you quoting?

didn't need one everyone can already see it but since you are here to respond still, but anyone that thinks
>the real monsters were inside of us
originated with jung or has anything to do with archetypes is a JBP-loving pseud

huh?

Thats what a point-of-view shot IS! Who wrote that shitbag line? Was it you, OP?

So like Peep Show?

Im not quoting anyone.

If you can put together a lego set you can build a computer. Most 11 year olds should be able to do it.

why did you greentext then

LE WHITE PEOPLE BAD XDDDD

Are negros that desperate of "geniuses" of their own that they have to invent all this shit for that basic Peele guy?

>I never thought I say it but I'll take capeshit over this.
Capeshit does the same thing now. Remember when they said Black Panther is "hella diverse"? And then they put props from the movie in a history museum?

Imagine if liberals discovered things like Yeelen...

Attached: landscape.jpg (480x270, 17K)

Building PC's nowadays is piss easy. You don't even have to solder anything. And he probably just got a parts list from someone that actually knows what to buy.

Is it a "black people are victims" movie?

Nah there’s no race stuff at all you could replace them with white people and it’d wouldn’t change anything

yes it would

youtube.com/watch?v=sAPMW2fu3m0
The opening credits were kino

Dude you literally live Asuka's perspective during instrumentality. It's a major part of the ending contrasting Shinji's view of her and with what she was feeling. Try watching the show.

no it wouldn't, it's just a film about doppelgangers attacking people

>if you change a movie it won't change anything
this is pretty much literally what you said

dont be autistic, you know what he meant

>u-uh that wasn't me
sure pal

Yea no fuck white people lmao

You’re right instead of the dad singing along to an old rap song it would be rock or country.

cope

get help

>gets called out
>U-UHHH GET HELP LOL PWNED
embarrassing

WE WAS ART

insights.som.yale.edu/insights/white-liberals-present-themselves-as-less-competent-in-interactions-with-african-americans
Don't take my word for it

>Be black guy
>Go to the store to buy some shit
>See another black guy
>Huh, kinda looks like me a lot, weird
>JORDAN PEELE PRESENTS... A GENUIS FILM

Bravo, Nolan

Jordan Peele elegantly utilizes the framing of a silent shot to establish that no characters in the scene are speaking

Attached: 1551549416810.gif (320x240, 1.02M)

But uh, heh, I'm not a nigger so.....mission failed.

Based reductionism

reminder that jordan peele is half white. he's not black. he's half white. just a reminder. that's why he can pull off being self aware and making "with it" comedy and social commentary. just a reminder.

the fact that I know nothing about this film other than "it's genius, black guy made it" say's all I need to know.

>he was being serious

huh?

That you're dumber than you think you are?

I'm dumb because I know nothing about this movies plot because it's not marketed or talked about other than to mention that jordan peele directed it and a bunch of empty praise that doesn't detail the story or plot at all? yeah I guess that's my fault.

Get Out was mediocre and so is this

>movie is straightforward without any political undertones
>snowflakes bend over backwards to come up with something to feed into their victim complex

Attached: laughing heman.gif (480x360, 794K)

>half white
Gross. That ruins his blackness.

is it us or U S as in United States..

right? How can you criticize a film if you don't have someone form their opinion on it for you?

just tell me what the movie is about?

Us as in theres an nationwide network of clones living underground.

FUCKIN NIGGERS MAN

CLONE REVENGE MOVIE

>you are the real trigger warning safespace tranny, not us!

Attached: 1552851300356.jpg (500x598, 347K)

That's literally what i'm saying. The only faggots looking at this movie and thinking it's an attack on their race are the ones looking for exactly that.

Attached: 1373369883440.gif (400x296, 2.99M)

BOTH!!?????!

Attached: make it wet.png (381x354, 251K)

>nowadays
the amount of parts required to build a computer hasn't changed since the 80s.

Watch a trailer, nigga, that's what they're there for
Do you need to be spoonfed everything?

>nowadays
the amount of parts required to build a computer hasn't changed since the 60s.

Yes, it seems easy to us nerds, but most adults would have no idea how to do that. And according to his parents he could've done that when he was 9.

He's making a video game on it now. Yes, he's an 11 year old game developer.

is there some hamfisted political message in this?

Wow, he did POV shots.

Groundbreaking.

Neato!!

>acting bad
>story bad
>writing ridiculous
>cinematography nonexistent
yeah great movie

it’s actually a good litmus test
anyone who praises peele flicks is probably a fart sniffing moron

it’s so fucking awful

the writing was terrible like all other aspects of this woke shitflick

I wonder how Peele feels about how pretentious the media makes him and his movies out to be. Like, did he specifically request for the poster to say "a new nightmare from the mind of Academy Award winner Jordan Peele", because Jesus fuckin' Christ that's unlikable as hell. Most people literally know him as "the guy from madTV", which makes it all the more crazy he's pushed as some kind of auteur.

Attached: Shrugging-Man.jpg (400x266, 54K)

He’s talking about this scene you fucking brainlet

Attached: CB0BB6D1-A967-4622-9A1A-6C68B94C438C.png (895x504, 429K)

SHUT UP PEELE IS THE NEXT HITCHCOCK TRULY REVOLUTIONARY

The Good Vibrations scene was so bad

wtf I love nigger kino now?

millennials don’t know what mad tv is
they’re too busy huffing fumes

that’s because peele is a shitty filmmaker

What was the song where they first walk on Santa Cruz beach?

NVM I found it. 6:11 youtube.com/watch?v=NGBO1mq9gN0

Is you serious nigga? Dis dude made da movie wif some FIRS PERSON SHIT?! Nigga why dont no one else do dis shit? Nigga that scary as fuck nigga its like I be da character!

Peele is a fucking oreo. Real niggas would call him an uncle tom.

is he the first black director to use this technique?

>Jordan Peele understands the most basic film grammar

we wus doin this for mullins of years

Your average moviegoer can't even get into entry-level stuff like Kubrick, unironically praises capeshit as a crowning achievement of technical and technological standards in film and think shit like Blackkklansman is a prime example of good storytelling and subtle social critic.
Thinking Jordan Peele is the new Hitchcock is right up their alley.

Attached: 1551571633709.jpg (960x638, 67K)

Huh?

Why embellish what he accomplished? What he did is already impressive enough for an 11 year old.

Shut the fuck up you gook-loving weaboo spastic.

Jordan Peele is the first black person, actually.

So, what you're saying is that movies can have non-white people in them without sucking their own dick over it? It's been so long I forgot it was possible.

we know, he feels the way he feels about the white dad in Get Out

So by that logic he created racism?

LMAO OP BTFO

>Peele was born in New York City, and raised by his single mother, Lucinda Williams, on Manhattan's Upper West Side. His mother is white and his father is black.

The K&P skit about Jayden Smith was actually about Peele himself.

fuck off chinks we kino now.

>So that's it, huh? Who are they, some kinda Us?

>Peele's father abandoned them and he was raised by his mother.
He's basically a white man who's brown lmao

It sounds so incredible that it will be hailed as groundbreaking without any critic being able to adequately explain why, so they'll praise everything else they can.

Right-winger here.
Fuck niggers.

Jordan B. Peelerson

He must hate himself.

Wanna take that from the start, chum

Based mongoloid

How the fuck is it "fragmentary" at all? The shot isn't "ragmented by any stretch. Are they referring to the pseudo intellectual soul tethering bullshit here?

No you see because at the very end of the movie there's a flashback to the beginning ergo it is out of order

this critic is literally John Blyth Barrymore from the pipe strip lasagna cat video. /pol/ is right, we live in clownworld

Attached: reading way too deep into a hackjob.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

The more I think about the last 15-30 minute of the movie the more I hate it, how is it that Peele is so awful at writing reveals and endings? I heard get out had the same issue

What the fuck are you talking about? The ending twist? What is out of order, the sequencing of the events we see? The flashback just served to add the context we needed for the twist, nothing beyond that. The dancing scenes were just more pseudo intellectual "muh shadow muh soul tethering" bullshit. If this movie actually has mind boggling meaning behind it and we're all just unironically "being racist", please do tell. I doubt you'll convince me but you can try.

How the fuck did the niglet know his mother was actually the doppelganger? Did the real Adelaide tell him? Why is this piece of garbage being so heavily shilled just because the creator is a nigger? Is Hollywood really that ZOGged?

Hideaki Anno? What exactly are you referring to here?

>Why is this piece of garbage being so heavily shilled just because the creator is a nigger
Because it's a very good movie until the ending

You realize none of this is that fucking impressive right? I was doing all that and writing LUA for video game modding when I was much younger than that fat niglet.

>responding this autistically to a comment beginning with "no you see"

ITT: People acting like they've been in the film industry as a director or producer or cinematographer for 20+ years and judge the film on what it did wrong without saying how it could've done it right.

Ya'll act like you're pros, you're all faggots.

How did the tethers not die if they only spent time miming real people? Wouldn’t they be too caught up in that to eat? And if they only had rabbit why didn’t they die from vitamin deficiency?

go back to the jungle nigger

>Ya'll
Who says that? lmao are you a nigger? And no, no one would tell a nigger how to fix his nigger film on an anonymous website.

It’s pronounced us, but it having a secondary meaning as US is probably intentional.

Dopplegangers.

>have to be a bible expert to criticize the bible
gatekeeping faggot

It doesn't even mean anything which really triggers my autism, because my insecurity makes me think at first that I'm just not understanding it, but going over it in my head again and again finally realizing it's just retarded basedspeak is the worst thing of all. I want to believe people are not this retarded but I'm almost always disappointed

What about the Fuck the Police scene?

So what was the meaning of the movie?

not anyone you quoted but what did you think of the movie? and what does this movie have to do with "Jungian archetypes" if anything? i personally saw it as just meaningless drivel being shilled because nigger director/writer but if you have any insight please share

Bad analogy.

>>black guy "invents" playing three chords
ftfy

go back to r*ddit faggot

>black familly is strong and survives the assault
>white familly gets BTFO in 10 secs
I can't be the only one who noticed this

Attached: 1315423900403.jpg (520x853, 58K)

no it fucking isn't building a pc is so easy a literal 11 year old could do it shut the fuck up

dzaaaaayum

The only thing the Jason kid did that implies he knew his mom was really a doppleganger was for him to react appropriately to watching his mother gleefully kill a couple people. He just kinda gives her a sideglance and acts creeped out by her, as he should. He probably figured it out from watching the way she acted while she was killing her double.

My first initial and immediate reactions to this film was that while Jordan Peele had crafted a decent well-crafted horror film, he had also failed in delivering the same kind of strong and coherent thematic text that exists in Get Out. Having read some theories, articles and wiki entries, I couldn't have been more wrong. One of those instances where you have to acknowledge your ignorance on a subject matter and learn from it, one case for example being the very prominent "Hands across America" motifs, which while came up several times at very pivotal moments, completely went over my head as I wasn't exactly sure of what it was beyond a charity/humanitarian movements of sorts.

Also one of those cases where you have to think more figuratively than literally, which I very much like because let's be honest, who cares about a story about evil clones taking over the world, because this is much more complex and satisfying than that. The title is also clearly functioning on two levels, one being the literal "us", while the other being the U.S, United States, since this film is so clearly about the darkness beneath the surface America.

The more you read and the more you learn about it, the more it crawls under your skin, Peele got another clear hit on his hands. A powerful movie about dark pasts buried and silent voices ignored, it seems as though Peele thinks that in their very comfortable lifestyles, the middle and upper class has contributed indirectly to the suffering of those below through their ignorance in terms of political and social consciousness, if their own fellow citizens won't fight for them(alongside them), who will? This, of course, includes those who somehow, one way or another, manage to get out of this dark pit, because most people are satisfied once they get theirs, and are willing to screw over others to climb the ladder.

reddit.com/r/TrueFilm/comments/b4qq7l/us_2019_does_jordan_peele_have_another_hit_on_his/

If the only food in the tunnels was rabbits, why didn’t the rabbits starve?

It is exactly the same thing

“We are our own worst enemy.”

nice projection fucking faggot

LITERALLY NO ONE in this thread has claimed Us is an attack on the white race you braindead soilent chugging faggot.

i did it at 9

I know right?

I just got paid Thursday. Should I see Us?

Attached: 098453we.jpg (564x846, 63K)

Whit doppelgangers are killer beasts created by Yakub to rain destruction upon the earth

I saw it more like
>black dopplegangers try to intimidate and torture their prey before going for the kill
>white dopplegangers swiftly ambush and immediately kill their counterparts without fucking around

>and then later the white dopplegangers also pussyfoot around trying to kill the black family instead of just getting on with it

I guess everyone just wants to torture the black family?

Fucking everyone in the US dies by the end so technically yes?

that shitty monolog of Red in front of the blackboard at the end really made the movie go from a 7/10 to 6/10

They should have kept it as a metaphor/never explained like in The Revenants or someshit like this
Having a shitty explanation about a government lab + having it happen to everybody in the US was retarded

post yfw fuck da police

Good:
>cinematography
>soundtrack
>acting
Bad:
>plot
do we agree?

>Normal passive black family attacked by violent blacks in orange jump suits
>t-they're us!

It's pretty clearly about blacks vs niggers.

MC's family was the only one who was even capable of monologuing at their originals, the rest of the swaps probably went as smooth as the white family.

What I want to know is what's up with the fucking hobo who started early and killed his dude a day sooner

Yeah but, he's still a racist negroe.

Nignogs and liberals can't into subtle, see Niggerkkksman ending

OOGA BOOGA WE WUZ KANGS

the opening soundtrakc reminded me of Ghost In The Shell soundtrack

get out is good because how scary that sunken place thing is, how much he sells the beats of you hating the villains, and then how pumped you get when he kills them. also that lead actor guy from black mirror was great.

it def wasnt good for the writing or plot, which were all shit. peele pretty much mastered how to direct and present ideas from all those skits.

us complicates it all way too much. he forgot what made it work is how simple and direct it was

>Having a shitty explanation about a government lab + having it happen to everybody in the US was retarded

niggers can´t into art

Ooga booga jig ja foofa boog

What cinematography? It was so fucking bland.

well I mean the dopple black mom wasn't really a dopple so she had an axe to grind

I can get behind this.

I’d even argue the plot wasn’t that bad, right up until the government experiment reveal.

The line "who is the victim and who is the hero" completely clicked for me because I felt sorry for "the tethered" at times. Especially when the family was bludgeoning them to death. I'm sure that was intentional. All that stuff about America and suppressed realities is amazing.Fucking masterpiece.

ok this nigger makes good movies but not that good

Black people are scary enough. Black people bugging out and climbing shit is true horror kino. Dr. Peele truly captured horror by turning our fears of the negro against us.

>only source of food for 30 years is like 100 rabbits in cages

Sounds about right. I don't have high expectations when it comes to horror plots, though, so at least a "guvmint clones replacing us all!" plot doesn't take me out of it. Get Out annoyed me much more on that front.

This. the overarching theme is nothing but a giant plot hole, and feels like it was forced as to have a reason for the rest to happen. The movie was pretty great without the reveal, and if left ambiguous would have been far better

>Fucking masterpiece.

you´re easy to impress as it seems

>Having a shitty explanation about a government lab
Definitely made it less scary.
>having it happen to everybody in the US
That part's fine though

What was the significance of several characters wearing Black Flag t-shirt?

>Dude you literally live Asuka's perspective during instrumentality. It's a major part of the ending contrasting Shinji's view of her and with what she was feeling. Try watching the show.
I tried but only got through the first two and a half episodes. Shit's too boring and they have more than twenty episodes you have to sit through. For a series about fighting robots they spend way too much time just talking and having emotional problems.

Attached: disappointed.png (657x527, 29K)

>For a series about fighting robots
Nah it's a series about talking and having emotional problems.

I think most people here fail to realize that Peele is half black and half white, thus a lot of the significance in this movie is based on himself.

What was the meaning of "I got 5 on it" being remixed as an ominous theme?

Plot could be improved, even keeping the government reveal. I just don't find it realistic that 1) the government was able to clone EVERY god damn person in the US and 2) nobody in the fucking world had guns.

The government cloning just one city? More tangible than the rest of the US. Though personally, I think it would have been better if it was just the protagonist's problem and nobody else's. Then I wouldn't be so hung up on the lack of guns since, sure, her particular family didn't have any guns, okay. The doppelgangers aren't supernatural. They have retard strength at best and can be killed with blunt objects. Even one person with a handgun could easily kill plenty and the movie would have been over in 10 minutes since enough people in the US have guns to kill them. It also would have been more interesting as the family could have a nice back-and-forth with the rest of the world wouldn't believe them when they talk about the doppelgangers.

This movie is nice because it lacks all the unwarranted retarded scared white girl ear-rape screaming.

Uganda makes better movies than Jordan Peele

Attached: CAL005.jpg (492x360, 45K)

"doppelganger" attacking innoncent people could have become the new zombie genre if he had done it properly, but the whole concept was deflated
BTW aren't there any horror movies with doppelganger?

>2) nobody in the fucking world had guns.
They started in California right? Maybe if they drove east instead of south they'd have hit Texas and found it to be completely safe and unreplaced.

Unrelated but when I was in the theater there were two girls next to me that were jumping and "oh shit"-ing like this was the best god damn movie they've ever seen.

I think the point was, that the element of surprise and the swiftness of the murders was why they tethers took over so efficiently with little resistance.

The main family didn’t go for the kill because they wanted to torture the family due to the personal significance of the switch in the beginning of the movie and the kids being half breeds.

>In “Us,” Jordan Peele employs point-of-view shots to [literal definition of a point-of-view shot]

does The Thing count?

>"Us"
>main character is shown having a Wii
eh

Attached: 1418118519364.jpg (222x216, 13K)

It's the fact it says ''invented''. He didn't invent shit. He assembled a PC. Good for him but this smacks of liberal overcompensation and its hilarious.

> calls someone a pseud
> proceeds to demonstrate he can't even type properly
based retard

>your are you worst enemy

Attached: 1473535005900.png (570x604, 560K)

black people showing whites how to create art, just like in music

wouldn't be surprised if honkys started ripping it off and pretending its theirs

How did they manage to have the clones have children at the exact same time ? And why do the cloned children has the same exact DNA as the regular children?

Attached: 1455711230110.png (409x407, 242K)

>the element of surprise and the swiftness of the murders
Sorry but I just don't see that being realistic at all, especially when their weapon of choice was fucking scissors. In America, where the police, military, and overzealous gun owners will mag dump you if you so much as breathe too suddenly from around the corner, I just can't even pretend like this point in the movie isn't completely cheaply contrived.

>sequel is called WE

Why didn't the switched girl just go up the escalator after being uncuffed and tell everyone about the tethered?
Why did her tethered start seemingly controlling her when they switched?
Where did they get the matching outfits and a million pairs of scissors?
If they had to mimic the people above what happens when they run into walls and shit and what happens when people travel abroad?
How many tethered were there that they could realistically have 1:1 tethered families, must be a fuckload of people.
What happens when people get miscarriages or abortions, the tethered magically get them too?
Was stabbing people with scissors really the best plan they could come up with?
Why did the tethered get independence? The chick just taught them? How?

>How did they manage to have the clones have children at the exact same time ? And why do the cloned children has the same exact DNA as the regular children?
Only the first gen was cloned, after that it was some magic "linked soul" stuff: If A and B got married, A' would marry B' and have kids C' and D'. C' and D' weren't technically clones. If this runs for a couple of generations that's also why they don't look exactly like their counterparts.

> In America, where the police, military, and overzealous gun owners will mag dump you if you so much as breathe too suddenly from around the corner,
Should've set it in England. No one would be able to protect themselves against a pair of unlicensed garden shears.

>with the metaphysical eeriness of their suddenly double world
>metaphysical eeriness

i swear critics use 'metaphysical' because it sounds good, i've never seen anyone use it in a way that made any sense whatsoever.

*unsheathes rpg maker*
heh guess I'm a developer now

>black people showing whites how to create art, just like in music
nigger logic

Attached: vertigo.jpg (1080x608, 136K)

Kek you cheeky motherfucker

What do the doubles do when someone above ground hops on a plane?

That, and they had news reports about “mysterious stabbings” mid-invasion, though they hadn’t caught on to the doppleganger factor. Everyone who turned on the news knew there was some massive attack taking place, they simply thought it was just regular terrorists instead of underground clone terrorists. People would’ve been reaching for their guns at that point.

they stick their arms out and run around making plane noises

> If this runs for a couple of generations that's also why they don't look exactly like their counterparts.

I disagree. The kids did look identical to their counterparts. Not “oh it’s a striking resemblance” kind of thing that’d come of them just sharing close dna, but perfectly identical like twins. If they had just simply been conceived at the same time by genetically identical parents, they would’ve looked like fraternal siblings instead of looking like identical twins.

My theory is that the tethering applies to sperm and egg as well. So there’s a sperm doppleganger counterpart tethered to its upperworld sperm, and they both implant in the egg at the same time. It’s just as silly and nonsensical as everything else in the movie, so it fits.

Don’t forget the doubles knew their humans well enough to stage an ambush. And I’m sure not everyone succeeded, but don’t underestimate a surprise attack from people that know everything about you.

>The kids did look identical to their counterparts.
Did they? I'm pretty bad with faces.
Either way yeah, as long as it's a "soul" thing you can make it work however you want, it's already non-realistic. Keeping it vague would have prevented a lot of questions about the technical workings.

She did not act gleefully towards anyone. If anything, she was behaving unrealistically sympathetic towards the other doppelgangers, more specifically those of her children.

Another sub par faux deep self mastabatory exercise masked as a (horror movie) with a anti white slant? If blacks hate the ones who enslaved them so much why keep portraying the wrong group of people as the bad guys?
It was Jewish traders and their own people who enslaved them
I'm sick of this shit it'd honestly racist as fuck blacks blame us for everything when all we wanted to do was pay them well for a job well done

Rather than gleeful I'd call it animalistic. She was grunting and roaring while the other one was talking and standing up straight. user's description about him being creeped out by it is otherwise right.

>Another sub par faux deep self mastabatory exercise masked as a (horror movie) with a anti white slant?
It's a normal horror flick with nothing about race; the reviewers are just fellating it for good boy progressive points.

>Doesn't know what jazz is
>Probably thinks suburban kids larping as Vikings and playing riffs some kindergartner could write is good music/cool and mystical

I have close to a million $ SAG-AFTRA earnings. Pipe down, slut.

I haven't even seen it.
Saw get out and found it entirely bleh

Whats your top 3 jazz songs?

1. poo poo
2. pee pee
3. cummies

Fuck no. Lupita and Winston were absolute dogshit trash. Lupe was acting class 101. The only reason you’re reacting to here is because her face looks the way it does. She made a terrible vocal choice as Red. She had no specific personal relationships with her family. She made faces. Winston was charming but miscast. And getting a bit too fat.

Did you write this before or after the google search?

This movie makes no sense. Why would the clones kill their doubles and stay underground when it's pretty clear that there's nothing keeping them in the tunnels? Wouldn't a bunch of lookalikes coming from underground already be a massive news story?

I know you didn't, you were only describing Get Out there. What's funny about Get Out is it had some bits about blacks being racist and whites liking blacks better than themselves, but of course reviewers only ever walk away with "Evil white villains out to kill black people!" It's like they can't fucking think in any other terms.

All of the clone/counterpart duos are actually played by single actors and special effects are used to put them in the same place at the same time. So, yes, all dopplegangers are identical to their counterparts, including the kids.

>Why would the clones kill their doubles and stay underground when it's pretty clear that there's nothing keeping them in the tunnels?
They were already dumb as bricks, they kept eating raw rabbit even though they have matches. Better question is how MC was ever able to convince them to do anything coordinated.

Well shit, I'm even worse at recognizing faces than I thought.

What do you call this stance

Attached: 8F589C8F-504F-406B-9D52-4D0467B6A23E.jpg (650x1588, 234K)

It’s okay. I have trouble telling black people apart from one another too.

I think it’s been scientifically proven that people tend to have poor facial recognition towards people of races they have never had a lot of exposure to, simply because the brain gets used to differentiating between certain sets of facial features, and gets confused when it throws unfamiliar features into the mix.

He was from mad tv? I always he was half of those two good burger kids

At least with the two boys, they look different because one of them has a huge scar across half his face.

I agree with this. It was a nice surprise when the white family also had clones, but overall it would've been better if only Lupita's family was dealing with the doppelgangers. I wonder if the gubmint cloned everyone in the U.S. or if only the people in the "Hands Across America" program.

>It’s okay. I have trouble telling black people apart from one another too.
Even the white people got me too though. Like I considered the possibility of them using the same actors but while I was watching I decided the faces didn't look the same. If I wasn't able to recognize my own face and most family members I'd seriously consider getting checked out for prosopagnosia.

You should still talk to a doctor about it. Poor facial recognition can be a symptom of lots of different abnormalities, including, for example, autism. And I really do mean that in as inoffensive a way as possible. Even if you don’t get a diagnosis for anything, they can recommend exercises you can practice for improving your facial recognition skills, if you want. It’s a something that needs to be practiced and developed, but some people have a harder time than others.

I guess it'd be interesting to check out. Irl it doesn't happen nearly as often because people don't run around trying to actively portray another character. Things like gait and voice are consistently recognizable.

Just saw this thread again sorry I missed your reply
John Coltrane - Resolution
Art Blakey - Hammerhead
Ornette Coleman - WRU
Pretty entry level stuff desu

>I think it’s been scientifically proven that people tend to have poor facial recognition towards people of races they have never had a lot of exposure to
Until I got into my late teens I was awful at differentiating Asians.

Why was the boy able to control his doppelganger? If the unburned boy is the doppelganger then why couldnt any of the other dopplegangers just control their shackled to their deaths like the boy does to his?

Why did the shackled mom need to exposition dump? Why was her voice fucked up? How did she know all of the exposition she spewed if she was the only one actually able to speak underground?

>Why did the shackled mom need to exposition dump?
Because she was a surface dweller who got dragged down and hated her copy.

>Why was her voice fucked up?
Because her copy strangled her as damaged her vocal chords.

The rest is plot holes.

>Because she was a surface dweller who got dragged down and hated her copy.
She was speaking to her doppleganger, the one who put her underground. Why did she need to exposition dump?

yeah cause its not actually a show about robot fights its a deconstruction of the mecha genre

The doppleganger clearly didn't remember what had happened and was convinced she was the surface one, it took her until well after the second expo dump to get it.

Im not really claiming that part is a plot hole. Just really bad writing.

the doppleganger mom little girl was smiling on the ride back from the boardwalk she didnt forget anything. the expo dump was pointless

>doppizzle-niggers
Ftfy

>P.O.V. shots make the audience feel like they're the character!

I like Jordan Peele but the circlejerk around him is fucking ridiculous.

What happened to a doppelganger if their original was murdered? I can reasonably believe that if the murderer had a doppel that he also commited the murder, but what if the murder weapon was unavailable to the doppel, or the person was murdered outside the united states or by somebody from outside of the country that didn't have a doppel?

How did one person with the capacity for speech and complex thought organize hundreds of millions of feral doppelgangers with a dance that only a few dozen of them saw? How did they get hundreds of million red jumpsuits and pairs of scissors? Why did the movie even try to explain anything? I wouldnt have any of these questions if they hadn't tried to give a logical explanation to the existence of the clones. He should have went full on surreal.

The vocal choice was due to the strangulation in the past scene. Not actors choice for that

they just shadow clone jutsu the rabbits over and over again.

Analyzing films has to be the most pretentious, pseud thing in existence

>Why was the boy able to control his doppelganger?
Technically all above-grounders can control their doppels. It seems like the ability to control is based on 1) doppels understanding of the connection so they can break it, and 2) AG's understanding of the connection so they can reinforce it. Everyone else was dumb and Adelaide couldn't because she was the shadow.
> If the unburned boy is the doppelganger
He isn't, he's mixed.

>He should have went full on surreal.
You don't find any of this surreal?
>yfw Yea Forums never picks apart white zombie movies like this

I found most of it to be surreal. And then it tried to add logic to the mix and it just confused the fuck out of me.

The music was the best part of this movie. The plot made zero sense after the reveal. The final twist was so obvious. I was happy they didn't do it as the movie was ending. Then they did and it ruined what little value the movie had.

It was perfectly surreal and then they tried to add a real world logic to it with the government cloning EVERYONE IN AMERICA. Peele should've went full magic with it and toned down some of the humor.

Why do any of you even take these internet "news" articles seriously? This shit's all a joke. Getting this mad is laughable as fuck, homies.

Yo how come so many of the reds were alive at the end? Like it only takes a handful of lucky niggas with choppers or Cletuses with shotguns killing their own doubles, and then they've got a gang that can just run a fucking train on some scissor-packing fucks. Just mow niggas down, plow a truck down the line for a mile, just fucking niggas up.

It makes no sense, nigga.

>audience score : 70%
>Critic score : 94%
Really is fart huffing bullshit.

>right winger nigger hater
>doesn't know about ya'll

I reckon ya'll some Yankee sumbitches

These people are writing their own stories to the movie. None of that is in there.

I GOT FIIIIIVE AWN IT

I nearly came

See, in the underground, the Tethered took sacks to the face everyday just to survive, since the stress of living was too much for undank minds

Can someone explain to me why none of the other clones left? Am I to believe no one else would have went up that escalator? When do they have to mimic movement and when don't they? What was stopping little girl Lupita from leaving and returning home? It looked like she wasn't chained down for long since we see her dancing. Why not go up the escalator and go home?

I felt like I missed something after the twist.

How would a bunch of people with scissors accomplish anything? Imagine these clones walking up to homes with guns. They'd just get blown away.

Man, porn's been doing POV shots for years now, and plenty by and with black people.

there's like 300 million+ clones, i'm sure some did leave. It's not really relevant to the story being told though.

>enjoyed everything in the movie but the script and the son's acting
>my legitimate complains and criticisms will be lost amid /poltv/'s rampant boner for getting triggered at blacks
Hopefully RLM will shit on it so I can live vicariously through them.

Holy shit what if all the weird retarded homeless people in america are actually clones that just wandered up onto the streets. They are the doppels who's tether was broken because their OG died. They are the doppel who commited unsolved murders of their OGs out of feral instinct but didn't know what to do after. They are everywhere already.

But does he use THE GOLDEN RATIO?

I thought the acting was pretty good outside of the son. The daughter was great. The problem was direction - having the doubles screech like retards was a bad idea.

Attached: Jordan Peele movie reviews.png (800x600, 729K)

The mirror maze scene at the start was really well done. I don't think anything else captured that feeling for me.

I typically don't watch zombie movies because they suck.

If it makes you feel better I genuinely liked Get Out. This just had an extremely disappointing script.

Ching Chang Chong

Ur mom suck my dong

>I was happy they didn't do it as the movie was ending.
Would have honestly liked it more if the kid killed the mom in the tunnels.

Fucking mongs told me it had great cinematography when in reality it's only better than your below average hollywood movie. It wasn't as bland as get out but mediocre nonetheless.

Holy shit the black girl looks like a joke oblivion or dark souls character.

Kek

Clearly he is smarter at 11 years old thsn the idiot adult Bong that wrote the article.

What really gets me about all this pretentiousness around his movies is that Jordan Peele must have really thought he was making art when he had that sketch show. As he was filming some of those dumb sketches he must have thought: 'this is great Jordan, this is art, you just mispronounced a white persons name wrong, this is hyper intellectual social commentary'

Attached: 1551443551417.jpg (500x321, 37K)

This honestly seems more like a case of the article writer being a literal baby boomer with limited knowledge of electronics and what building a PC means and less about trying to make what the kid did sound more impressive than it is. At 11yeart old building your own PC is everyday impressive level for sure but inventing a new computer just sounds like poorly choosen words from the disconnected article writer if anything.