Seriously what the fuck would you do in this situation

seriously what the fuck would you do in this situation

Attached: WaroftheWorlds.jpg (1200x723, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bqTkzdmr2dM
youtube.com/watch?v=tb4BWSUV8mM
youtu.be/jtI70W-Jxi4
youtube.com/watch?v=bERNcnaT-ko
youtube.com/watch?v=WFLaK66KjkQ
youtu.be/rYGWG2_PB_Q?t=70
youtube.com/watch?v=ZnJ4f41ynqM
youtube.com/watch?v=dzWfu3STLtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=IXdbCU3Mt_c
youtube.com/watch?v=hRq7ipxg0xk
hollywoodreporter.com/news/fox-networks-canal-team-war-worlds-adaptation-1128646
putlockers.me/movie/war-of-the-worlds-1621.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Djqi86jMl5g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

stand totally still, their vision is based on movement

rape the first woman I can corner

turn 360 degrees and walk away

underground

Run you dumb fuck, or hide.

Call Steven a hack n scream ULLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

find the nearest sewer. I doubt they care about fucking that up.

Make sweet love to the first blonde teenager I encounter.

Actually, any caucasian teenager would work.

ceci

try to fuck it

Buy cryptocurrencies and hide in my basement until it all blows over

Attached: serveimage.jpg (230x337, 31K)

Sneeze on that Martian robot faggot

Attached: 1542080046411.jpg (640x640, 60K)

turn 360 degrees and walk away

Ah, is pretty simple, OP. In the following order:
>Start to scream
>Shit myself
>Clumsy attempt to run
>Be disintegrated

die

Welcome our new alien overlords

Attached: serveimage (1).jpg (776x437, 39K)

they gassed those that went underground

The answer in any apocalyptic scenario is always to find some comfy farm house in the country

You don't stay there. You just go to a sewer then use it to escape.

What a shit vision system. If they can't see anythnig that isn't moving, how the fuck can they navigate the world? They would just walk into buildings and shit all the time.

Based retard

Plan B
RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

I bet bitcoin tastes delicious

I would shout JESUS CHRIST IT'S LIKE IN THAT H.G. WELLS NOVEL WAR OF THE WORLDS, ALSO ADAPTED BY JEFF WAYNE IN A CONCEPTUAL ALBUM. CAN'T YOU SEE IT? RUN AND COUGH AT THEM!

>stand still they can't see you
>buildings are still
>therefore they can't see them

no your the reatrd

Go run off and join the war like his retard son or whatever the fuck that was supposed to be about.

Fuck this movie is shit after the first 10 minutes.

Attached: hot-dog-guy.png (604x776, 614K)

No, no. They assuming movement is something living. They can see stuff not move. They also use these nasal passages on top of their heads to communicate to hunt in packs. So while one looks right at you, the other two from the sides attack and slash your belly open. They then proceed to eat you while you are still alive. So show some respect. They are clever girls

What a good movie.

>dock worker owns a house

*Sip*
Yep those were the days

>anything moving is something living
>start attacking clouds

Probably this.

Attached: 15487036534.webm (1100x456, 2.78M)

Run, probably.

The thing is it was a good Tom Cruise sci-fi film, like many of his ones are, but it was a terrible War of the Worlds film. I hope the series they're making will be good. I doubt we'll get to see Eleanor Tomlinson's tits though.

Attached: war-of-the-worlds-bbc.jpg (1024x535, 86K)

kek I remember that thread

Round up other humans for the aliens.

Attached: 1546850957745.jpg (295x378, 23K)

How would they attack the clouds if they are aliens coming up from the ground?

Run in perpendicular angle away, left or right from where the tripod walks. He's less likely to follow towards my direction. Alleyway. Find sewer for more discreet movement.

Find random girl, try to fuck. Explain we'll like die by the end of the day anyway. Could work if I don't come off as a rapist.

user, what is the first movie that comes in your mind from the same director that does not involve Jews, Aliens or Sharks?

Attached: the great martian war.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

With just a handful of men...

>ALSO ADAPTED BY JEFF WAYNE IN A CONCEPTUAL ALBUM.

Great album.

youtube.com/watch?v=bqTkzdmr2dM

Attached: War of the Worlds - Jeff Wayne.jpg (2191x2164, 305K)

>DUH DUH DUHHH - da da da, da da da intensifies

realistically, wouldn't a poop bomb work on them?

Run toward it and hope they vaporize me because life is awful

>seriously what the fuck would you do in this situation

Run and hide, then find a q.t.

Attached: 9100f65745e8f44f21cfa023e6a243eb.jpg (1403x1080, 145K)

dab in defiance

Embrace any ruling force that will overthrow the jews with open arms.

blame Venezuela.

prolly find an 11 year old to molest

excellent 70's british progressive symphonic rock kino.

kek

go to boston, its apparently a safe haven

Go to the Winchester.

Dude turbolasers on a mk. V where do I sign?

Who do you think actually built the robots?

Attached: war of the worlds-2.jpg (2392x3000, 1.68M)

start singing
>the chances of anything coming from mars are a million to one, still they coomeeee
and then get happily desintegrated, having fulfilled my purpose in life.

Wouldn't that mean that when they move, they can see everything around them? Since their line of vision is moving and whatnot?

>Jewrassic park btfo

Surrender and volunteer for treason. Fuck you guys.

>dat plot twist
Delicious.

Edge of Tomorrow was basically a War of the Worlds/D-Day war film hybrid.

Attached: edge-of-tomorrow-j45.webm (956x400, 2.98M)

enslaved barsoomians

>the chink octopus robot is casting a shadow on the smoke behind it from an upward angle
>Illuminated by ????

What a shitty drawing

>Edge of Tomorrow was basically fucking awesome
Yes, yes it was.

NOT MY BLOOD

>>Illuminated by ????

Sheer terror. That or some kind of flare.

I liked it.

Attached: 1549477607362.webm (1280x532, 2.84M)

Pretty sure holding the claymore above his chest would have killed him before the vidya juice did

not the jews
Only if the robots were walking ATMs maybe.

I'm pretty sure Cruise can't be killed.

Attached: 15487035482.webm (718x404, 2.85M)

they need blood sacrifices.

hey guys check out the firearms expert over here he thinks the tom cruise blockbuster is inaccurate

Can't bruise the Cruise

>be reborn as a MAGGOT in an infinite cycle until you reach enlightenment, actualise your self and kill the demiurge to free humanity
Pure kino

Also, I hope in the upcoming series they'll keep the fact the tripods could be brought down by cannons, but the Martians defeated the human armies by superior intellect and advanced weapons like the black mist
I hate that all invading aliens these days have nuke-proof shields and immunity against tank rounds, although I don't know what their superior tactics would be to compensate

i just need 20 good men

basado

They have a higher research tier that gives them a bonus to tactics.

Unsheathe my karambit.

Attached: 1504642486846.jpg (422x984, 32K)

edge of tomorrow is just futuristic groundhog day

WITH JUST A HANDFUL OF MEN~

I thought it was going to be a futuristic Bad News Beara where he whips his fucktarded unit into shape, but they get dumped for Emily Blunt and a macguffin.

>Also, I hope in the upcoming series they'll keep the fact the tripods could be brought down by cannons

I hope there'll at least be based HMS Thunder Child.

Attached: 1386081539383.png (900x900, 77K)

I was there when they filmed this on ferry st in newark.

youtube.com/watch?v=tb4BWSUV8mM

Attached: Correa-Martians_vs._Thunder_Child.jpg (526x400, 40K)

>I hope the series they're making will be good.

"This new adaptation of H.G. Wells' seminal tale — one of the first alien invasion stories in literature — follows George (Rafe Spall) and his partner Amy (Eleanor Tomlinson) as they attempt to defy society and start a life together, facing the escalating terror of an alien invasion, while fighting for their lives against an enemy beyond their comprehension."

"as they attempt to defy society and start a life together"

It's going to be politically correct shit.

Attached: british 1541173649103.png (1280x866, 1.23M)

nah that sort of nuance doesnt play in movies anymore, you gotta have a scene where enough explosives to level a city get dropped on one and everyone thinks its dead and then it goes BAWWWWNG and just walks out unscathed but then later in the movie some retarded girl whose a main character throws a rock at its eye thing and it just dies

for me, it's The Spirit of Man
youtu.be/jtI70W-Jxi4

I really wish Oblivion hadn't gone with the whole resistance themed story.

His sky house was so comfy. I wanted to see more awesome stuff in it.

Attached: Oblivion_37.jpg (1920x816, 155K)

>melted thunder child's valiant heart

Attached: 1457122321085.webm (498x468, 1.89M)

>they gassed those that went underground
Is that mentioned in the movie?

Hunker down

The whole album is 10/10.

That looks like it could've fucked his ribs

they remove things that might help inform the public.

>ww1 & second renaissance
nope
nope
nope
nope

reddit/10

It fucked his ankle, he broke it. He's a madman.

It's a pretty good little movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=bERNcnaT-ko

Attached: they shall not grow old tank-.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

One of those aliens had to fuck an earth chick right? Like sucked them up into the pod thingy on top but instead of making her into juice just held her down and had its way with her? Not saying it was an authorized experiment, but just one fucked up alien who went off the reservation and full on penetrated some chick. Come to think of it they probably cant even tell the difference between human male and females...

based

I'd like another movie within this particular setting. These tri-pods were pretty cool and I want to see what it was like for other people that managed to survive.

Hide somewhere while the tripods go around vaporizing people, wait for them to move on, gather up piles of dust that used to be qts, and snort it.

Attached: file.png (720x576, 313K)

They don't need to be immune to human weaponry, just make it so they don't go down to literally 1 artillery shell.

youtube.com/watch?v=WFLaK66KjkQ

they wear padding under the clothes

People meme about them dying from the common cold, but in the book it's actually pretty fucked. They don't have any immune system at all, so from day 1 they were rotting alive after being introduced to necrotic bacteria and all kinds of shit that can't hurt a living person.

>the director of oblivion is directing top gun 2

Could be good.

Attached: 1549414658474.webm (1280x536, 2.99M)

If you don't give them nuke proof shields, the story falls apart because the Aliens can't pose a threat to a modern military force. The Martian war machines as described in the original book were sufficient to roll over the military technology of the time without being entirely impervious to harm. Against modern weaponry such a giant walking platform like that makes zero sense unless they have shielding, and they are not designed as efficient war fighting vehicles but extermination machines designed to walk around indiscriminately killing everything in sight.

Even if they could only be brought down by nukes; we can deliver those from planes, ships at sea, submarines, underground silos, mobile ground launch systems. All can deliver nukes from beyond the horizon. You would have to change the tripods and the invasion at large to the point of them being unrecognizable if you don't give them nuke proof shields.

i didn't realize this. imo that dude is 3/3 and he and cruise seem to work well together.

>shoots laser at your nuke and disables it midflight

oopsi

I remember seeing this in the cinema with my mom when I was 14 (I think). When we came out I was waiting for that fucking sound they make and was ready to die. Legit scared me.

that's a sweet plan, and if it doesn't work, you can still rape her

>Fire more than one warhead at once, from different directions, and overwhelm its two heat ray arms
oopsi

Oblivion had surprisingly quite good dog fight scenes against the roboids. CGI galore obviously but still okay.

Attached: F-35b takeoff.webm (1280x720, 1.66M)

Yeah, that's pretty valid, it's kind of a shame but weaponry has basically advanced beyond what the laws of physics allow protection against.

>dozens of tripods
>100 ft tall
>described as fast as a train or fast as a flying bird, not some clunky AT-AT shit
>heat ray which is basically a nuclear magnifying glass that can incinerate and slag shit from miles away
>chemical rockets that can smother hundreds of people in an instant, might justify it as some alien bullshit that can render gas masks useless like in the radio broadcast
>heat rays could theoretically be used as mobile, energy based CIWS to shoot down shells or rockets
>in the book they eventually develop air support
I don't know man, to me that sounds pretty formidable even against a modern army. Plus you have to keep in mind that it's a fairly small scale invasion in the source material, they only invade Greater London. You're talking about a scorched earth scenario where the government willingly nukes an area that still has thousands of civilians in it, when the ayys are consciously busting up infrastructure and mostly leaving people alive for their own needs. That would be a PR nightmare, lefties would willingly flock to the martians after that.

Attached: Battlefield Final.jpg (3200x1800, 905K)

Yell "NI-"as i get blasted by the aliens who then say "You can't say the n-word!!"

Hook

based and spielbergpilled

Is being vaporized really such a bad way to go? Seems instantaneous, I think the aliens were being merciful actually. Like they're doing pest control and choosing the most humane way to get rid of us.

fucking kill yourself

I would do exactly what Tom Cruise did.

Attached: 2-023.gif (400x217, 864K)

>stand totally still, their vision is based on movement

You wouldn't do that because you wouldn't know that.

Only if you don't think about it too hard.
>dozens of tripods
Minuscule amount given how spread out they were, with only a handful being dropped at key major cities.
>100 ft tall
That just makes them a really big target.
>described as fast as a train or fast as a flying bird, not some clunky AT-AT shit
Keep the time period in mind that comparison is coming from. That's like 30-40mph, right around the same speed AT-AT's are claimed to move.
>heat ray which is basically a nuclear magnifying glass that can incinerate and slag shit from miles away
It requires a direct line of sight though, while modern portable artillery can accurately hit targets from well over the horizon. Guided munitions can be launched from hundreds to thousands of miles away and hit accurately. I'm sure the heat rays are more than capable of obliterating any modern vehicle, but that won't matter much if the tripods are being pounded from all directions by things far beyond its ability to fight back against.
>chemical rockets that can smother hundreds of people in an instant, might justify it as some alien bullshit that can render gas masks useless like in the radio broadcast
Ordinary gas masks probably would be useless, but I think NBC protected vehicles would fair pretty well.
>heat rays could theoretically be used as mobile, energy based CIWS to shoot down shells or rockets
They have the potential for that, but the number of tripods and how spread out they are will limit their ability to content with the amount of munitions we have available to throw at them. Even if nukes are the only option, we've got thousands of tiny tactical ones that would result in there not being that much collateral/environmental damage.
>in the book they eventually develop air support
It took them a long time to deploy it though.

the novel was a metaphor for white explorers dying of malaria in africa
h.g. wells was woke tbqh

Based on this girl at 1:10's reaction to being vaporized, it doesn't seem very instantaneous at all.

youtu.be/rYGWG2_PB_Q?t=70

She has enough time to realize what it happening and scream out in terror right as she's turning into a cloud of dust.

run.

If it leaves, go back and assist if I can.

Die, it's easier this way.

Rape

>MMMMMMMWMWAAAAAAHH THE FRENCH CHAMPAGNE

Attached: 1499895099873.jpg (1024x617, 208K)

HG Wells was basically /ourguy/, this is a pretty fascinating documentary about him.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZnJ4f41ynqM

Attached: HG_Wells_playing_to_Little_Wars.jpg (1536x1102, 451K)

tripod Welles won't rest until all the wine in the world is consumed

Rape!

lold irl

Run behind a building and zig zag through the blocks until I am miles away from the fucking things and the military has finished them off.

Ground based planetary invasion is always dumb. We can't do much of they decide to shoot a bunch of projectiles from space at areas we can't defend.

And then there is no story at all

What an absolute madlad. I love Tom Cruise, fuck what anyone says.

Manlet hidden passive: Low center of gravity

>We can't do much of they decide to shoot a bunch of projectiles from space at areas we can't defend.
What if they just shoot stuff at everything?

Attached: yamato1.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

Cruise film could have had a navy ship at the ferry desu in a last ditch effort to help out but noooo

One of the weaker points of the film

Instead, they have the troops annoying as fuck at the end blathering 'GET BACK GET BACK' once the aliens are dead

how do you survive this?

Jesus Christ Raimi

drink milk

Manlets will inherit the earth.

Attached: tom-cruise-henry-31aug18-01.jpg (1200x1163, 112K)

wut is this

>tfw H. G. Wells compared the invasion hellscape to your local town

Attached: IMG_3991.jpg (882x960, 96K)

"Between these three main centres of light—the houses, the train, and the burning county towards Chobham—stretched irregular patches of dark country, broken here and there by intervals of dimly glowing and smoking ground. It was the strangest spectacle, that black expanse set with fire. It reminded me, more than anything else, of the Potteries at night."

>Drop continent busting super bombs on a planet
>Then blast some other cities with massive orbital lasers
>Then drop smaller bombs on isolated structures
>Then have your fighter craft mow down individual people with guns
>Do all this even though the initial bombs would have probably killed off all complex life on the planet all on their own
Has any military power in the history of media BTFO out of a single planet and its populace harder than this before?

Source?

I hope Cavill will get Bond.

Attached: 154733972643.webm (1280x675, 3M)

context?

Attached: DESPAIR.jpg (546x520, 68K)

Space Battleship Yamato 2199.
youtube.com/watch?v=dzWfu3STLtQ

he's a crane operator. that pays a lot if you didn't know.

it's literally how a baby eater reacts

Attached: pitbull.jpg (480x360, 35K)

kidnap a screaming 10yr old with severe autism and an ungreatful shit fuck of a son.

Must be good luck

Awesome effects, shit script. Why change a masterpiece

Run in a direction perpendicular to the position of the tripod.

WE'LL START ALL OVERRR AGAAAAAIIINNN!!!

Not the best movie, but: youtube.com/watch?v=IXdbCU3Mt_c

Ra ra ree, kick em in the knee
Ra ra rass, kick em in the other knee

>NOT MY BLOOD! NOT MY BLOOD!

>Sneeze
This

Attached: WoWGesundheit.jpg (400x316, 77K)

The best part of the novel is how the Martians improvise constantly, building on the fly. It makes them much more intimidating and also makes their defeat more poetic.

The Thunderchild is absent from adaptations yet it's the big set piece in the book.

They build:
Tripods
Black Mist (Welles predicted chemical weapons over a decade before WW1) which they use to counter artillery.
Catchers (to capture humans to harvest).
Red Weed
Aircraft (Written before the Wright Brothers, these are used against the Royal Navy).

Get really drunk then probably shoot myself

Did anyone read these?
This is what they should make a modern adaptation out of

>set in the future after the tripods have enslaved humanity
>they have destroyed our cities, and moved humanity technologically back to the middle ages
>at 13 children are 'capped', implanted with a mind control metal headband, by a tripod which visits their village, in a ceremony
>this keeps adults docile and obedient
>every ceremony, one capped child is also taken from each village as an unknown sacrifice
>the hero kid and his friend run away before being capped
>they travel the countryside, meeting aristocracy (who have a strange relationship with the tripods), and peasants
>eventually discover the ruins of cities and stuff about our past society
>eventually discover a resistence movement hidden in the mountains, re-developing technology
>eventually the kid gets into the ritual sacrifice, with a fake mind control cap, as part of the resistance movement, which is actually taking them to the alien's domed city to live as servants
>The aliens who control the tripods are like 10 feet tall, strong, and have their own enviroment inside the dome, which requires breathing apparatus for the humans
>there's a microcosm of servants living inside the dome, who are all capped, so dangerous enemies, but can interact on an interpersonal level
>the protagonist ends up with somewhat of a social outcast alien who is kind of a humanitarian, but not really, who he ends up killing
>he also learns of the aliens plans to teraform the entire planet
>they steal tech from the city
>the resistance army kills a few tripods and the aliens in them with elaborate pitfall traps and old world tech
>they re-infiltrate the dome and poisen all the aliens

Attached: tripods.jpg (510x277, 53K)

>14
>scared by a movie
Little bitch

> terrible War of the Worlds film.
It's great. The most specific criticism I hear about it is how dumb and irrational his son sounds. But his son is a teenage punk. The whole
>we should fight them!
thing, when I rewatched it, sounds similar to the kind of unrealistic diatribes I remember saying to my parents. That, and opening/closing narration (which unnecessarily describe the details that are either illogical or unnecessary)
It's a sci fi movie, but it's also a movie about the survival of war refugees, and that's what hits the point home.

You could say the movie did that, too, but it's not something you can get around the perspective.To the protagonist, they have no frame of reference of what's going on but what they see.

Why do they have that flap on top open when taking off? Wouldn't that significantly increase the drag?

That's where the LiftFan is, it needs to be open for vertical lift.

Attached: f35 ii bae.jpg (1024x791, 132K)

yeah, drag on the front section, which pushes that back, so the plane tilts up, as the back is pushing forward
that gives it lift

Attached: Untitled.png (2386x1490, 28K)

Attached: F-35b landing.webm (1280x720, 497K)

>The thing is it was a good Tom Cruise sci-fi film, like many of his ones are, but it was a terrible War of the Worlds film.
This. It was a great action film, right up there with T2 and Aliens and Matrix. It just attached to a cerebral sci-fi story and ignored that part, so many skipped it as if it were an insult.

I remember seeing this when I was a kid and it was really scary. I still find it eerie how vulnerable Tom Cruise and his daughter were.
>Hide in the bath tub with a rifle is my choice

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 7.43.14 PM.png (1244x988, 2.02M)

BBC made an adaptation of it in the 80s.

What's the point in a lift fan if it can't just take off vertically? Does it allow for shorter take offs or something?
Planes are more than capable of taking off with out that top flap. That fucking drawing tho lol

my guy

>Does it allow for shorter take offs or something?

Yes, for the F-35b variant, which will be the Royal Navy's primary replacement for the Harrier and their 2 new aircraft carriers and because of their ramps will be able to take off with higher fuel and weapons load. I believe America will be using the the B variant too.

Attached: hms queen elizabeth enters portsmouth5.jpg (2000x1333, 942K)

its like he has gills

> F-35 Boondoggle

Harriers were in use for decades and rarely used the vertical capability, as it burned up too much fuel and greatly decreased the weapon load and this is the same situation with the F-35.

Outside of airshows, it'll rarely if ever be used but it will cost taxpayers all kinda money...

Attached: AV-8B_Harrier_VMA-542_HMS_Illustrious_2007.jpg (4288x2848, 1.84M)

Doesn’t make sense dumbass

retard

Harrier a cute. A CUTE!

Attached: sea harrier.jpg (3000x2000, 572K)

>because of their ramps will be able to take off with higher fuel and weapons load
you bongs just can't afford to a catapult on your baby carrier

Attached: IMG_2933.png (178x200, 12K)

Thanks for the info fren

>your baby carrier

They're 70k tonnes, the largest carriers in the world outside the 100k tonne American carriers. Ramps and twin towers are the future.

Attached: queen elizabeth.jpg (736x1122, 126K)

yeah i know, they never made the last one though. Have you seen any of them? I haven't bothered because I assume they've dated really badly.
And disney has had the rights to it and been in development hell for a while. I think they got fucked by the speilberg film, which is a real shame, because it's a much bigger more interesting story.

gather up twenty good men and fuck them over so hard the ruler sacrifices his only heir to clear up a snowstorm

>twin towers are the future.

Attached: HMS_Nelson_(1931)_profile_drawing.png (1965x1026, 143K)

Still my favorite aircraft of all time. Thank you Britain.

Attached: harrier-hovering2.jpg (1600x1068, 503K)

>ramps
>future
cope harder britbong

>not thunderchild
cumon

>t. ramplet

Yeah keep your outdated and expensive catapaults lmao.

Attached: mission impossible 6 tom cruise bike.webm (1138x600, 2.85M)

>You can see the exact moment he broke his ankle

Attached: 1440191395813.png (327x333, 118K)

youtube.com/watch?v=hRq7ipxg0xk

Attached: henry cavill and some tart.gif (540x290, 1.68M)

tom cruise is such a retard lol

imagine the smell, oh vey

>a fucking ramp

Attached: migger.jpg (340x565, 59K)

This right here.

You've got to be somewhat retarded to do the things he does. His spastic ways is something we can all be thankful for.

Attached: mission impossible tom cruise plane jump.webm (1280x720, 2.32M)

>Ramps and twin towers are the future.
>ramps
Aren't ramps a very bad idea because of the incredibly strain it puts on of the front landing gear on takeoff, physics and momentum in general, and risk of digging your nose into it?

Thank the god they don't have Black Smoke like in the book and the radio version.

delet.

Attached: queen elizabeth aircraft carrier-sea-trials.jpg (2048x864, 299K)

200 IQ play right there

He's a narcissist. He's not just doing it because he loves doing it or because he thinks it makes great films. He needs people to know how awesome he is.

it's got shields, user

>invest in camcorders
>because obviously not affected by emp

Something about getting vaporized seems worse than getting riddled with bullets.

The Red Weed is so perfectly eerie

>He's a narcissist.

Almost certainly yes.

Attached: mission impossible 6 tom cruise and henry cavill.webm (1138x600, 2.83M)

And he is. So what's your point?

Its a scary film but I wonder how much scarier it would've been if the Tripods wouldnt have been nerfed versions of themselves. But would've had their full arsenal with them like the invisible immolation ray and the Black Smoke.

Attached: LoeGTripod.jpg (1200x613, 183K)

they weren't growing plants with foreskins

Like a grenade, the deadly component of a claymore is the shrapnel, not the explosion, and the shrapnel is only forward facing. It's not unrealistic to survive a holding a claymore away from you, although you would lose your hands, eyes and ear drums.

>ywn spend the day fucking your red Martian slave princess
Why live? Just vaporize me already

>there are people in this world who think mi: 2 is the worst in the franchise.

Attached: 127353034825.webm (640x266, 2.43M)

Based supermanlet

Probably where the deadly virus came from desu senpai, turns out stacy's rotten beef curtains saved us all

did nothing wrong

HEEHEE

They use human blood for demonic plant summoning.

welp i guess im watching this now on shitty stream, haven't seen it since theaters

thanks Yea Forums

probably just a romcom disguised as science fiction

I miss the Triumph motorcycles over BMW.

You're worried about that, when you should be worried about this.

hollywoodreporter.com/news/fox-networks-canal-team-war-worlds-adaptation-1128646

Which one!?
Where!?

be on a different planet at the time

We've long outpaced the technology of the original Martians in the books. Their machines are giant and can theoretically go anywhere, but they were clunky, unshielded and they had no feasible way of getting off of Earth easily once they got here, so their jump here (which the book theorises must have been due to some sort of intense desperation) was predicated on there being a victory. Nowadays, if the bacteria didn't get them, we'd probably just win and they'd end up self-genociding as an entire race.

Yeah. The Death Star.

>Lessing has advanced excellent reasons for supposing that the Martians have actually succeeded in effecting a landing on the planet Venus. Seven months ago now, Venus and Mars were in alignment with the sun; that is to say, Mars was in opposition from the point of view of an observer on Venus. Subsequently a peculiar luminous and sinuous marking appeared on the unillumined half of the inner planet, and almost simultaneously a faint dark mark of a similar sinuous character was detected upon a photograph of the Martian disk. One needs to see the drawings of these appearances in order to appreciate fully their remarkable resemblance in character.

Attached: PS_PR-3-venus-lizards.jpg (1585x1099, 1.33M)

Run away a knock down every person I pass to make them an easier and more attractive target than myself.

I'm not proud of it. I'm just realistic about what a cowardly sack of shit I'd be if it really did come to it.

>BRAAAAAAAAAP

Attached: 2f68bccd04a564a8e8ddb9b2290da729.png (500x745, 517K)

In the prequel of the YA series (which occurs after they have taken over), they got us with a; mass hypnotism through media (television and radio)
and b;
EMP attacks that take out all of our electronics

Then they maintain control with mind control devices implanted on everyone in adolescence, and by keeping us in a pre-industrial state.

That all translates to modern day.

putlockers.me/movie/war-of-the-worlds-1621.html

comfy time user

Attached: picrelated.jpg (480x360, 17K)

see

oh boy

i would gather 20 good men and burn those fuckers to the ground

SHAMONE

keep moving, building to building, cover to cover, hide in rubble if possible, get away from crowds.

lads i am 30 minutes into this shit and holy shit is toms reactions based

required viewing of disaster improvisation planning

me on the left.

Attached: mission impossible 6 vanessa kirby and tom cruise-5.webm (1280x800, 2.99M)

based

Attached: Untitled.png (1680x1050, 2.52M)

mhmmmmm

Attached: tom cruise-53.webm (1280x690, 3M)

It clearly is

Not when MI: 3 exists.

what's wrong with the fucking son

US army can't stop these things

>you have to let me go dad i need to see this

PSH carries it to second to last in the power ranking in my opinion.

It's terrible with regards to the source material.
The way they explained how the aliens got to Earth was the stupidest shit imaginable.

what movie is this from?

>The way they explained how the aliens got to Earth was the stupidest shit imaginable.
In the lightning?

just finished the rewatch

held up well even with the creative changes

at the edge of my seat whole viewing

Its amazing how Welles ideas are too creative for filmmakers even now. Orson Welles and Jeff Wayne being the only adapters to understand the source.

Also, it's no surprise that Hollywood cuts out the subtext about imperialism.

"Dance off, you and me, bro!"

>gets pureed

Good point

i still dont understand why tom delonge was listed in declassified govt files and hillary emails. shits all kinda fucked

lol what a retarded scene

doesnt this hurt?

i do that all the time without cables attached to me. fucking pussy.

Why did they cut out the journalist, who works perfectly as a POV character? The whole point is the protag observed the world and everyone going to shit around him.

Shoving in an unsubtle sub-plot about him and his partner being social outsiders detracts from the actual story, about the Martians wrecking shit.

Welles story has alot of things to say about imperialism, humanity, courage, and hubris, but Welles uses subtext. I fear we are going to get text, in neon and plastered over the actual story.

kino

he walked it off

This is pretty stupid if you consider the entire film's production would be halted if he broke a leg or something. Like the entire cost of setting up that car, crane, aaaaah im neurotic

MMMMMM...nootka

they literally plan around that, what with shooting scenes in certain orders, plus factoring in the whole movie-making insurance thing.

Why a maggot? Why not bacteria? Or a microbe?

Nukes? Hydrogen bombs? Over civilian areas with millions upon millions?

It would kill 95% of humanity. im glad your not in charge

He was Raimi before Raimi was a thing.

The machines were buried millions of years ago

even though a lot of it was kinda crap, there was a scene in scary movie 4 that parodied this part really well

gotta see if I can find it somewhere

seems cool. incredibly similar to whatHL2 was going to be before they like completely scraped their first ideas and remade it.

>aliens smart enough to invade a planet
>don't take into account all the disease/germs

Almost as dumb as aliens invading a planet with a shitload of water which is apparently toxic to them.

I remember those, I started with the prequel 'When the Tripods Came', I feel the whole essence of the novel was crippled by recycling something so iconic from War of the Worlds when the idea of alien subversion and eventually oppression were interesting on their own, but overall pretty good.

well senpai desu the underlying idea was that we were a livestock planet for the aliens millions of years later

they clearly deposited the ships all over the planet until the livestock multiplied over a millenia

They would be able to grasp the concept of disease and their immune systems if they were that advanced. I know it's autism but just wear alium space suits or something.

How many adaptations have there been?

I remember two others came out around the time of the Cruise, one of them being some dude's passion project made with next to no money.

typical alien incompetence

the initial survey before the ship depositing around the world didn't yield this alarm, millions of years later is a lot of new bacteria/germs introduced into the "farm" planet

i can live with it

Valkyrie

It may be relatively quick but imagine every single pain receptor you have in your body going full tilt for 1-2 seconds. Then you explode as all the water in your body vaporizes. I'd rather get domed with a rifle tbqh.

You lost. At that joke.

I, for one, welcome our new alien girafftopi overlords.

Nukes are old hat. It's all about rail/gauss gun technology. I'd like to see how one of those walkers would hold up to getting hit with a slug of tungsten traveling at nearly 8.5k ft/s.

How would you know that?

you tried

>Wells playing warhammer 1.9k

Embrace the sweet release of death

bubble + hearth

whatever fuck space niggers.

Nigger

Why come the super advanced aliens didn't invent bio suits or even regular clothes?

Be like that one smart guy who started running for his life the instant that tripod made it's first noise

The Suncrusher. I don't even care that you fucks hated it, I loved it.
>resonance torpedo causes system's sun to supernova
>supernova wipes out entire system

Attached: nine thousand mspaint hours.png (1478x1366, 385K)

It isn't designed to be used frequently but allows for operation out of very short/makeshift runways in an emergency.

i too enjoyed that detail

First, duck into an alley instead of running straight down the street like an idiot... second, begin a sequence of montages that show how hard I'm training to defeat the alien. Next? Defeat the alien in a hard fought battle on the alien's home turf (where I also trained) in front of their political leaders before finally delivering a speech from the bottom of my heart that unites our two peoples.

So... Rocky IV basically.

>run and cough at them

Attached: 1550969846536.jpg (634x815, 120K)

>that fucking sound they make
Try living in flyover country.
>sleeping soundly after long night of work
>suddenly woken by youtube.com/watch?v=Djqi86jMl5g
>frantic panic as I gather my things
>start heading towards basement
>check phone
>first Wednesday of the month
>mfw

Attached: Armstrong.jpg (497x732, 92K)

NOT MY BLOOD
NOT MY BLOOD
NOT MY BLOOD

Ramps are for skateboards and bmx bikes.

dumb fuck

360 degrees is a full circle so you would be facing the same way

this

mass rape untill I get evaporated

No shit, he's an actor.

Europe

Hello Newfag

Vatniks out in full force

Attached: anger.png (540x250, 49K)

Stoke really isnt as bad as this old timey wog would have you believe.

Is that a fucking EL falcon?

t. newfag

>in my opinion

Attached: 1549096296796.png (784x349, 65K)

Im not trying to sound retarded but couldnt you just run into a building if they were shooting everyone on the streets?

They start indiscriminately destroying the buildings too. Their weapon is some bullshit beam that can do whatever the scene calls for.
>microwaves human beings, but leaves their clothes intact
>blows shit up
>tosses a bridge around like it's physically pushing it