I just found out Dragon Ball Z is still getting new episodes. Are they good? I haven't watched since I was a kid

I just found out Dragon Ball Z is still getting new episodes. Are they good? I haven't watched since I was a kid.

Attached: dragonballsuperrumors-blogroll-1552950932643_400w.jpg (400x225, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jpkeAQG6kQw
youtube.com/watch?v=woHtuw_xtcc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wouldn't know. Ask your Mexican relatives, Paco.

Yes.

They're ok if you just skip the filler and the Goku Black arc which went on for far too long.

Attached: ss blue goku.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

First two arcs were kinda bad, third arc was mediocre, 4th arc might even surpass the Frieza saga.

Also the animation at the start of Dragon Ball Super is straight dogshit, but as the anime goes on the quality rises.

Here's a pic from episode 5.
I'll post a pic from like episode 100+ in a sec. (Without major spoilers, there's new forms and shit, try not spoiling yourself.)

Overall I'd recommend you watch it from the beginning, just remember the quality of everything rises as it goes.

Attached: episode 5.png (1920x966, 988K)

Super is fucking garbage, also this thread will be pruned, this is not Yea Forums

Attached: episode 114.jpg (1280x720, 177K)

>skip the best arc they've done so far with the best villains DB has ever had.

Attached: cell.jpg (576x432, 31K)

Watch the battle of gods and resurrection F movie so you don't have to watch the first two terrible arcs of the show.
After that it's very enjoyable

Wew lad

resurrection F is shit

dbz is much better

Attached: c3fed995e08f1a51a9c1d965bd906f84a3207a5d_hq.jpg (707x587, 88K)

Do they all do neck curls? Their necks are amazing

when is one punch man season 2 coming out already

Goku Black Saga was fucking trash. The villian was interesting sure, but the plot boils down to
>Good guys travel to the future with a new idea to beat black
>it fails because black has an even bigger deus ex machina than they do
>They retreat back home and come up with a new plan
>The good guys travel to the future with a new plan to beat black
Rinse and repeat the entire saga until finally Grand Zeno intervines and swifly ends the saga with no sort of actual climax

Dragonball Super is for children. It's even worse than Dragonball Z.

lmao bruh you just described EVERY arc of dragon ball minus the time travel. the fuck show have you been watching.

Name one other saga that does that

Name one other saga where the heroes are constantly thwarted by a villain with an asspull secret technique that ultimately ends with a deux ex machina type ending? Are you serious?

Your opinion is wrong.

Attached: rekt.png (1394x748, 2.42M)

No. Newest movie is fun though. Animation stands out surprisingly well enough to be worth a box office adaptation and not just a resuscitation of the brand.

That's not what I described. The protagonists running back and forth with new techniques trying to one up each other only to be defeated until the saga just ends out of nowhere is what ruined the episodes.

>BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAAAAAAMMM

Christ, we're having this discussion AGAIN? Alright I'll say it one more time for the people in the back.. There is not a single thing that Dragon Ball Z does that Super doesn't do better (sans the first 12 or so eps because of that embarrassingly bad animation)

>better arcs
>better fights
>better characters/development
>better pacicng (almost no filler compared to Z's entire arcs of bullshit filler)
The only people who say Z is better are those who can't take off the nostalgia glasses and be objective.. or they haven't watched Super.

Attached: Cheelai.png (1920x1080, 2.28M)

Super is a shitty cashgrab. Just because it takes the universe and pushes it to even more ridiculous extremes doesn't make it good. Deal with it, zoomer.

The first arc of DBZ is so much better than everything that came after that it makes DBZ itself better than everything that came after

it got really weird
gohan now speaks spanish, goten became the final boss and they have this recurring joke where goku asks vegeta to kiss his wife

You mean like with Buu when they tried everything from SSJ2 to Majin to SSJ3 and nothing worked until eventually they had to use a deus ex spirit bomb?

Or like with Cell when Piccolo was Super Namkeian and failed or when Android 16 used all his battle power and failed or when Super Vegeta wasn't enough to defeat Cell until deus ex Gohan went ssj2 (over a robot that he never met dying in front of him)?

Or maybe you mean with Frieza when they tried to power up Vegeta by wounding him or the fusion between nail and piccolo all failing until deus ex super saiyan showed up.
EVERY arc is like that, to single out the Goku Black arc is stupid because at least it's villains were fun and well written.

No it isn't, try watching it and forming an actual opinion instead of living life through those rose colored glasses.

The Saiyan saga was the 2nd worst arc of all of Z. Every single arc in Super offers more.

>Are they good?
goku fighting guys and changing the color of the hair

I have watched it. I even like it, especially Goku vs Jiren. It's still not good.

>SUCH A THING...IS EASILY ERASED!
peak of the series

Not him but you are an idiot if you don't see the difference

Well said, it's such an obvious difference that you can't even mention it. You are a fucking moron if you can't see that all of Dragon Ball's arcs follow this formula to one degree or another.

lol UI is such a cheap looking transformation, half the ToP arc is jiren so strong he doesnt have to dodge so they can skimp on animation, fucking kek at that kids show good its lost the slot for airing in japan.

GT is also better than super, fact.

Attached: 6b62462f0e4d0cddbe023e206c8e5d39caee6c88_hq.jpg (715x1024, 92K)

It's the only arc that has genuine character development and impact to its dramatic sequences. Frieza is filler galore, Cell is "why don't they just do X" central. First part of Buu with superpowered slice of life stuff is good but we all know about what comes after.

Blacks arc is literally just Vegeta and Goku trying new shit over and over again. It's not like the Z arcs where the B tier heroes inevitably job

GT isn't even from our universe.

It depends. If you enjoy a money making scheme that poorly attempts to catch the magic of the lightening in a bottle original series, and instead shits all over the original Canon... Then you'll still prolly think it's weak

April 19th I think

>GT is better than Super
wrong
>GT is underrated and does at does some pretty neat things

Attached: 1547772756337.jpg (1024x774, 53K)

no Super is shit. dont waste your time

epic trolling tv style

youtube.com/watch?v=jpkeAQG6kQw
youtube.com/watch?v=woHtuw_xtcc

These two themes will not be topped.

Attached: super buu.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

dragonball>super>z>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shit>gt

i think you mean db>dbz>gt>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>super.

that's not from DBZ that's from a movie