ITT: creepy historical incidents that you want to see a TV show based on

ITT: creepy historical incidents that you want to see a TV show based on

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roanoke_Colony

Attached: A2B1BA2C-FACB-402C-9B9B-1A410D8E2108.gif (673x517, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osowiec_Fortress
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrozavodsk_phenomenon
youtu.be/5KNoB2RUFEQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cristóvão_da_Gama
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_storm_of_2012
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamam_Shud_case
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_plague_of_1518
youtube.com/watch?v=8ClB_DSwHOI
youtube.com/watch?v=lXyG68_caV4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarrare
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lol it was me, I killed them all as a prank haha. Sorry guys heh

>It's a groundhog day episode

they already did, more than once.

They went native, what's the big mystery?

THEN PUT YOUR LITTLE HAND IN MINE

GoT a shit compared to all the stuff going on in the iberian peninsula in the middle ages

Attached: huesca.jpg (3051x2326, 2.08M)

"Calm down people I can explain - it's not like it seems"

OMG I love creepy

Attached: images (5).jpg (361x408, 19K)

Based Roanoke poster

Firth of Fourth Disaster
1908 Russia Meteor
Lights over Phoenix

Spain and Portugal have some really interesting history desu, I've been getting into it recently.

also Johnstown PA flood of 1889

It's not a mystery, they were killed by indians.

we had a teacher in middle school who called them In-dins. maybe it was an Appalachian thing

Oh, so that's the origins of the name of that ship in Dead Space 3.

This. Americans are so fucking stupid.

>left alone at the other side of the world
>run out of food and winter's creeping in
>"fuck, better go live with that friendly tribe over there, we'll leave the name carved on this tree so our countrymen know where we went"
>countrymen finally show up
>"OMG WHAT COULD HAVE POSSIBLY HAPPENED?! TRULY THE NEW WORLD IS A TERRIBLE PLACE, THAT A WHOLE SETTLEMENT COULD DISAPPEAR IN JUST A COUPLE OF YEARS! LET'S ALL GO BACK TO ENGLAND INSTEAD OF FOLLOWING UP ON THIS SINGLE CLUE!"

Munster rebellion

There was no evidence they were killed. There is more evidence they went native. The reason it's considered a mystery is because that was something civilized folk would never imagine happening at the time.

Wasnt that one of the seasons of AHS?

The fucking Skeleton Army.

Attached: Skeleton Army fucking with The Salvation Army.jpg (450x379, 50K)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osowiec_Fortress

Attached: 0C2860F0-4292-4B4D-B58F-E588E5804101.jpg (2000x1200, 587K)

Himmler running around Quedlinburg Abbey with the exhumed corpse of Henry the Fowler claiming to be the reincarnation of that medieval king.

>White had instructed them that if anything happened to them, they should carve a Maltese cross on a tree nearby, indicating that their disappearance had been forced. As there was no cross, White took this to mean they had moved to "Croatoan Island" (now known as Hatteras Island). Upon finding the message of CROATOAN carved on the palisade, White also wrote:

The next morning it was agreed by the captain and myself, with the master and others to weigh anchor and go for the place at Croatoan where our planters were for that then the wind was good for that place.[5]

However, he was unable to conduct a search, as a massive storm was brewing and his men refused to go any further. The next day, they instead left the area without looking further for the colonists.

Hmmmm...... Maybe, just maybe they moved to the fucking croatoan island?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrozavodsk_phenomenon

Attached: Petrozavodsk Phenomenon Jellyfish star.jpg (268x371, 13K)

What's creepy about that ?

Attached: hpy-1050x665.jpg (1050x665, 68K)

youtu.be/5KNoB2RUFEQ

Attached: Ourang Medan.jpg (752x440, 48K)

Based more than anything.

>The Germans became panicked by the bloody appearance of the Russians - the latter coughing up blood due to the gas - and retreated. The five remaining Russian guns subsequently opened fire on the fleeing Germans. This incident has been called "the Attack of the Dead Men"
Basically a gas attack was tearing the skin and causing bleeding on the Russians so when the counterattacks they looked like zombies

>muh spooky ship that doesn't even have any evidence for EXISTING, much less anything spooky happening
At least go for the Mary Celeste.

Protestant madness in Munster.

That's a myth. There is no evidence they went native. If even one of the colonists survived there'd be more proof than one word of graffiti. In all likelihood they were massacred by indians.

I had this book as a kid and it was my first introduction to paranomal and creepy shit and since then its been my favorite

>Mary Celeste
>Roanoake
>Kraken
>1908 Meteor
>UFOs
>Easter Island
>Bigfoot
>Dinosaurs
highly recommend

forgot image

Attached: 81+2T18wYqL.jpg (2560x1763, 508K)

USS Liberty falseflag.

>1908 Meteor
Who the fuck calls it that? It's the Tunguska event or meteor.

fuck yeah, childcraft was the shit. there was one about mythology i used to read all the time

>giant glowing, pulsating jellyfish the size of a fucking skyscraper materializes over your city, sprays everything with intangible blue lasers, then drifts away and disappears into thin air

I mean, do we have any proof this WASN'T an inter-dimensional transient lifeform?

This.

Also "The Great Siberian Explosion" if you want to be old-timey.

i couldnt remember the name of the village lol, but yes thats it

my dad jacked a set of encyclopedias from a holding warehouse he owned and nobody really cared, so we got the full 1986 red/gold encyclopedia set and the full childcraft set which I loved to read

Attached: 913EAAWIlzL.jpg (2560x1440, 691K)

Why not write a short paragraph of what happened?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cristóvão_da_Gama

Almost no one knows this brilliant fucking piece of history.

>Son of the most influential explorer in the world becomes a general military genius
>takes a handful of elite Portuguese musketeers in a crusade to Ethiopia to help in a civil war
>Steamrolls the shit out of a much superior force time and time again
>fucks a princess
>eventually is defeated because of betrayal
>tortured to death and decapited
>his surviving soldiers stay behind and fight on to avenge their commander

The history of Portugal until until 74 is fucking nuts. I would love to see this particular one on film.

Besides the fact that there was a space launch conveniently happening at the time and the jellyfish thing happens all the time with space launches?

Daily Reminder that had the Tunguska Event occurred two hours earlier, it would have had a chance to have been positioned almost perfectly over the city of Saint Petersburg. If that had happened it would have wiped the capital of Imperial Russia off the face of the Earth, only about five years away from WWI.

Because it's a pain in the ass to carve shit into a tree when you're cold and hungry, and they probably assumed whoever came looking would remember what they used the word Roanoke for.

If I'm going to the shop I might just write "shop" at a piece of paper and assume people will understand where I am. I wouldn't expect them to just assume I've disappeared into thin air, leaving only this "cryptic" message behind.

Mary Celeste is a pretty interesting case

This is the kind of shit I want What If stories about. Just imagine the chaos that would have unfolded if a capital city of an empire was suddenly wiped out by such a mysterious force.

Yeah, I forgot how the launch of a satellite causes multiple forms of UFOlogical phenomena to occur across an entire fucking continent, from Copenhagen to Vladivostok, and causes a giant glowing jellyfish-phantom to materialize, shoot blue lasers at a populated town, fuck with electronic equipment, heavily alter the cycles of plant-growth for the next two years, and then disappear without a trace.

Seriously, you might as well be trying to claim it was "Swamp Gas".

The case of the severed hand in 1954 Spain starts like a Lynch movie:

Milkman comes to pick up bottles, finds severed bloody hand inside one at this noblewoman's door, the baroness of Alcahali.

Noblewoman had previously buried her daughter after a pulmonary illness. Court orders to open coffin: her daughter's mutilated beyond recognition in her face, genitals, arms and legs. Witnesses describe two people with German accents coming and going into the mansion during this period. They are identified as nazi war criminals, who apparently described themselves to the looney noblewoman as aliens.

Crazy noblewoman is in turn a former high ranking spy for the spanish government in the 1920s, has somehow gathered one of the biggest collection of occult books in Europe. She seems to be specially interested in yazidi cults.

Decades after her death, the noblewoman's mansion turns into a public building, but has to be closed down due to poor maintenance. Civil servants that worked there say no cleaning staff wanted to stay there after sunset. The building remains closed to this day.

Attached: 155746683.jpg (1706x1239, 362K)

Speaking of Cosmic Disaster near-misses:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_storm_of_2012

Daily Reminder that in 2012 we came within a margin of nine days of experiencing a disaster that could have fried two thirds to four fifths of all electronic infrastructure on Earth, causing quadrillions in damages, flat-lining global economies and triggering massive conflicts on contested international borders, killing God knows how many people and altering the entire course of geopolitics.

Attached: Solar Storm of 2012 2.jpg (485x430, 75K)

>en.m.wikipedia.org
Can you faggots please leave this place?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamam_Shud_case

Figure this shit out

>the baroness of Alcahali
Can't find anything about this online. The only source is an article in Spanish with that same image. Either it's fake or it's a local mystery not reported by outside media

Look up caso de la mano cortada

Shame this didn't happen. Would have been fun.

spy

God I wish /x/ wasn’t shit. I love this stuff so much

There weren't any colonists among the Indians when they went to investigate, you fucking idiot. That's where the mystery came from.

Not creepy but cool
>Operación vuelo de justicia, ir operation justice flight for gringos
>Maximum security prison in Santiago Chile has former members of Frente patriótico Manuel Rodríguez (FPMR)
>They plan an escape: hire a tourist helicopter for a ride, take the bird and use it to fly away their comrades
>December 30th 1996
>Get to the tourist airfield, midflight, hijack it at gun point and make the pilot go to a mear football field
>Land, trucks are there and install a bullet proof basket while pilot's hands are being tied and laid in a barn, hangar, shed, whatever
>Get on board with M16's and a Sandinista pilot (they needed an experienced pilot after all)
>Fly to the prison, M16's spray guard towers while the basket is lowered and FPMR's are climbing. Two fail to get inside but managed to hang all the way back (one hit the prison walls but kept at it)
>Prison guards claim they fired, they actually took cover and hid because there was a motherfucking helicopter spraying bullets and they only had 9mm uzis plus minimum wage anyway
>Helicopter gets back to the barn, operación vuelo de justicia mission accomplished, they got 'em, fireworks, balloons, confetti, piñatas and cake for everyone
>Not really, just a group hug
>They leave the helicopter and tell the kidnapped pilot he can untie himself which can take him up to 20 min, enough time for them to get away
>He does, calls the cops, they were long gone
>They crossed the border to Argentina and then escaped for who knows where
>FFW now Ricardo Palma Salamanca one of the escapees is found in France and Chile wants him extradited. France says no fuck off because he was part of the Chilean resistance during Pinochet's dictatorship, those werent actual crimes (France knows a thing or two about resistance from fascists)
>He is a free man enjoying his life away from prison in a cool escape.
>There is still no movie made out of this

Pic related the helicopter they used and the folded basket.

Attached: fuga_carcel_alta_seguridadd_46291437-620x400.jpg (620x400, 84K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_plague_of_1518

I always thought this was very freaky...

Isn't there some prisoner who escaped by helicopter TWICE?

Nearby natives had light skin blue eyed children, so it's likely that some of the colonists assimilated. I'm sure many also just died due to starvation or were killed by natives before that though.

whats the source on this?

Just reverse image search the image instead of begging for source. It's why the feature was added.

BELL OF HUESCA

youtube.com/watch?v=8ClB_DSwHOI

>american education

oh god is that what that movie knowing was based on?

youtube.com/watch?v=lXyG68_caV4

Nobody in Europe cares about Spanish and Portuguese history either to be fair.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarrare

Some ships went that way, some ships went the other way. Spanish/Portuguese history over.

This.

Unless you take Spanish as a second language, anything you will hear on the Iberian Peninsula will be
>btw, at some point Spain and Portugal conquered and held large parts of the Americas, okthxbye class is over.

>Russian wiki page is three times shorter than English one
hmm

Attached: I'M UFO.jpg (3840x2160, 633K)

>no cleaning staff wanted to stay there after sunset
Why would the cleaning staff need to stay after sunset?

To clean up after closing time

>redskins kill the men and boys and take the women and girls for rape slaves
>centuries later people call this "going native"
what a wacky turn of events

Black River Falls, Wisconsin

Town was basically cursed for a decade

I'm a little pee pot

Attached: storm-of-the-century-9780671032647_lg.jpg (231x350, 34K)

Why are these threads the same redditors circlejerking about the same garbage Wikipedia articles?

I worked at the outdoor theater on Roanoke island based on this event AMA

>replying to phoneposter thread
absolute state of this site

did not work for me, sorry user.

the entire wealth of the world is something like a quarter of a quadrillion, but point taken anyway. Economies that were behind the times and hadn't modernized well would end up becoming the new superpowers as they'd be relatively unimpeded and it would take a long time for everyone else to catch up. It'd be, potentially, a flip flop of the world order

>Rewriting recorded history
(You)

Because there just aren't that many interesting historical mysteries that are widely known about?

This guy was like some kind of really shitty member of the X-Men.

>recorded history
lel

I need a astronomer friend to give me a heads up when one of these bad boys is coming. Immediately short everything and buy gold.

As you can see by
Amerilards are not interested in history. The only story they need is the next capeshit.
Not a surprise, coming from a country where more than half of the population can't answer 5 basic questions about their country's "history"

Attached: 1544154787030.png (390x390, 112K)

I'm not American though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal

>m.
fucking kill yourselves

>gif
I ain’t clicking dat shit

I wish there was more child sexual exploitation movies haha just saying for a friend

Okay I’m not just shit posting here I’m actually a licensed thereapist. But if the fact that people are using a different type of device than you would expect or that you see letters in a web link that are inconsequential to your experenice and you cannot handle it...maybe you should fucking kill your self.

My man. I had that entire collection, and you could tell which ones were my favorites - that book, and the plants one, because they were covered in whatever coated my hands that morning for breakfast.

The electric didn't work because it was such an old building so they couldn't see very well and wouldn't know where to clean

>he burned my patch

"I swear, my dog is friendly."

When my parents were downsizing their books after we all grew up and moved out I specifically told them to save the childcraft books, they didnt understand why but they did. Occasionally I still read through the Mysteries and Fantasies book, For a childrens book it was surprisingly thorough

It’s really creepy how the USS Liberty mysteriously blew itself up. Hollywood needs to make a film showing us how it happened. I bet it was infiltrated by secret fugitive Nazis from Argentina.

>He reappeared four years later in Versailles with a case of severe tuberculosis, and died shortly afterwards, following a lengthy bout of exudative diarrhoea.

What a shit way to go