Why do people who think they're intellectuals love to hate Nolan?

Why do people who think they're intellectuals love to hate Nolan?

Attached: Christopher Nolan.jpg (1200x1200, 165K)

I just hate the editing in his movies. He can't focus on something for more than a few seconds without changing the angle or going from medium shot to close-up and vice versa. Gives me a headache, Nolan needs to calm the fuck down and let the story develop naturally

Name 1 (one) good Nolan movie

Insomnia

>dude muh twists muh mindfuck movies

Dunkirk was better in that regard. Though for a movie like tdk it was intentionally done to keep the almost climatic tension throughout the movie(Hence all those cross cuts).

Attached: 1402712213825.png (356x506, 23K)

>Though for a movie like tdk it was intentionally done to keep the almost climatic tension throughout the movie(Hence all those cross cuts).
More like trying to distract the audience from just how pathetic the plot was

Dark Knight Rises

user, constant cross cutting is his trademark.

That's the worst one

As is terrible dialogue and storytelling

He takes no risks. Most of his flicks are heavy on action and effects with no violence

Nolan was the favorite director of a lot of young pseuds during the 2000s and now that they're all grown up they can see just how much of a hack he is.

Everyone who hates on Nolan is an atheist. Fact.

That doesn't even make any sense

Most of his movies are garbage. I've been fighting this good fight since Inception.

The Prestige, BB, and Memento are his only decent films.

that's interstellar

>Make film about entering people's dreams
>Every dream is like a Call of Duty game
lmao

His movies are worth watching in theaters. that already sets him apart from the other blockbuster hacks out there. I like the secrecy surrounding his projects and I like the speculation before the reveal. He also hates cgi unless when used very sparingly. Look at the third act of dark knight rises and imagine that in the hands of jj abrams or james wan or zack snyder. He tries as much as possible to keep things looking real. Very rare for a blockbuster director.

I would but it would be extremely painful

Looks a bit like Tarantino

His autistic aversion to CGI doesn't change the fact that his films are pretentious blockbusters with no artistic value. The pseuds who actually think he is good makes it worse.

No sweetie

Attached: 1512BD7C-82EC-435E-9704-549E35E6344F.gif (280x358, 2.53M)

Because they want to be edgy and non-conformist.

Get this hothead outta here

Why do you think they are pretentious?
He literally admits that he's doing entertainment blockbusters for the masses

Yes and they suck

Do you know what the word pretentious means?

> autistic aversion to CGI
opinion discarded

The Prestige

>BB over TDK
Ask me how I know you're a try-hard

BB is a genuinely better film than TDK, which is just a low effort clone of Heat in a Batman skin. If it weren't for Ledger it would have been just as shit as TDKR. You must be a zoomer.

Attached: 1544290695356.gif (358x526, 1.63M)

i think TDK wouldve been better than BB if it had Katie. watching joker tell maggie "and you are beautiful.." gets funnier and funnier every time

Attached: kh.jpg (869x1390, 166K)

Also in BB Gotham City looks dark and mysterious. Not as cool as Burton's Gotham, but not bad. TDK turns it into generic American City

BB has a neat mix between Comic Gotham and a real world location (Chicago?), as a way to make the character more grounded in reality. In TDK its pretty clear Nolan just DGAF as the set design is shit. It just basically looks like regular Chicago.

Inception