The new 2001

the new 2001

Attached: interstellar.jpg (650x1015, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a3lcGnMhvsA
reddit.com/r/interstellar/comments/2m4qcq/interstellar_analysis_christian_symbolsimthemes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm so angry over missing this in the theaters. My first viewing was on the worst possible camrip when I use to get things off putlocker.

Sneed

no

I saw it in theatre 3 times but still angry I couldn't see it in IMAX.

Attached: ewf.jpg (520x282, 18K)

It's better than 2001.

you mean tried very hard but came off as obnoxious and self-important
2001 didn't even need to try and it's still the greatest sci-fi ever created

If you haven't seen 2001 then yes

"No!" Interstellar foregoes the mystery of discovery for LOVE, TARS, LOVE

Attached: 1426409155465.png (1280x720, 1.1M)

No, it's better.

How?

One thing that comes to mind immediately is that 2001's plot isn't retarded and has far more effective characters with about a 10th of the dialogue of Interstellar

Only it's watchable, unlike 2001.

>Michael And Cane

What did they mean by this?

>dude time travel planet
>dude love
nolan is a hack

Attached: 1534161311575.jpg (537x525, 30K)

Unless you have the attention span of a chipmunk, 2001 is perfectly watchable.

What about interstellars plot is retarded?

>McConaughey was the ghost all along!!!

t. brainlet

yeah, nah

absolute state of Yea Forums

Why did you think that was retarded?

absolute state of (You)

It wasn't, he is being autistic. The problem is this
If Nolan had the balls, he would end it at the black hole and/or drop the exposition dumps that happen every 10 mins at the very least
2001 isn't a complicated movie either, but it considers it's viewer an intelligent individual that can understand a scene on their own with no exposition being given
Nolan himself tried to correct this with stripping Dunkirk of exposition (ie when they want to get on the ship and they just communicated with their eyes)
Exposition is Satan.

Completely agree about dropping the exposition but I wasn't against what happened in the black hole, or did you just not want that to be shown at all?

I mean I would want it to be implied but I don't know how they could go about that, so just dropping the DUDE LOVE and the black hole exposition scenes would work and make the movie at least a bit better imo

The 2001 we deserve.

the real new 2001

Attached: 15-16-59-M9ak-hsqyiwt7119474.jpg (1400x735, 113K)

ffs, the shilling for this piece of shit
> plants dieing
> raising them on mars? venus? bunkers? space stations?
> NO, fuck that, let;s go to a system that has a FUCKING BLACK HOLE at the center
> best premise ever

> strange message starts or influences the chain of events that lead to fucktard going into the black whore
> sends strange message from the black whore teseshit to the past
> wow so thoughtful, best movie ever

see this

moon was good also i think it's still on netflix

you could take literally any film and nitpick it, you fucking brainlet. Stop thinking you're smart.

2001 is too alien! Here, lemme simplify, We're in 2019 and there's no world of 2001 and wherein Blade Runner feels kinda homely and kinda relatable, 2001 feels cold and unattractive. Interstellar is a human story. Every frame, every beat, up to and surpassed by the music.

Entirely your opinion of course.

Ease off, you asshole.

>shilling
do you even know what that means? dumb newfag

those aren't nitpicks you dumb retard. A retarded premise ruins the whole movie. And some imbecile time-travel garbage has the same result. Only brainless monkey can enjoy such garbage.

Means you are made of cringe, nuNolanite shill.

>made of cringe
I think it's time for you to go back
go on, you know the way

>Autocorrected to black whore
Start going outside

>The Power of Love will save us all
BRAVO
R
A
V
O

Not even close.

Attached: Lucy.jpg (634x374, 40K)

> "I think"
I doubt it.

>Autocorrected to black whore
wrong

Attached: 1546375320353.png (1000x652, 135K)

>needing three fucking hours to say "dude love is good for you"
What the fuck Nolan.

I'll never not be mad at this shitting the bed in the third act, up to then it was probably the best cinema experience I'd ever had short of LOTR.

no, it's diet-2001-lite for brainlets. 2001 is a symbolic interpretation of the bible, the odyssey, archetypal psychology, plus a history of humanity and its purpose. Interstellar is a "dude what if" love story about a family that happens to involve a couple pseud concepts

>nu/pol/ memes
are you sure about that?

Black holes are the most destructive thing in the cosmos, they're so destructive that they reduce matter to bits and pieces long before they even get close and then after reducing matter to individual atoms they strip subatomic particles so everything becomes an ionized soft serve where you can't tell what subatomic particle came from what and that's before you even get to the event horizon where Interstellar says everything becomes all warm and fuzzy and will help you solve climate change and make us all happy.

I don't know how much more disrespectful you can be to science and reason.

Attached: fruit loops.gif (320x180, 594K)

stay mad tumblr

Trying too hard to fit in, reddit.

> b-b-but the nigger paid actor said it is much science

>2001 for people who got 15 minutes into 2001 and got bored.
This is a movie to make normies feel like they are smart and watch smart movies but there is nothing smart about this movie as it forgets the rules of its own universe the moment the plot needs it to
in other words, its a nolan movie.

Black holes aren't inherently destructive, they are just gravity wells.
In fact, we are not even sure what's beyond the event horizon.
Some even claim that there can be stable orbits within a black hole, and that entire star systems could be inside them.

>that's before you even get to the event horizon
Only if the black hole is small enough.

Crank up the subwoofer for the worm hole scene. Damn thing shake the fucking house.

> hurt my feelings with reason
> better pull out the reddit card for my loose ass

/pol/ oldfag actually
quit browsing that board thanks to newfags like you

No, you are just a newfag shoving as many buzzwords into your posts as you can.
You don't even know what "shill" means.

>2001 didn't even need to try
>the most pretentious filmmaker in history

I don't think that's ever true. People just watch stuff to be entertained.

Can we mention how retarded the notion of not only deciding that building space habitats in the vacume of space is a better option than building domes or living underground on earth?
On top of that they are hoping to find some magic equation that will somehow make it easier to lift off earth, because math?
but thats not the savior of humanity the colony project is...
damn i could just keep going everything about this movie is mixed up garbage.
its like they had 10 ideas, needed 3 and used 12.

only nunolanites like this garbage. Probably they like TDKR too. For oldnolanites this crap is a disgrace and brings much shame. That along with the obvious shilling that took place around its release.

And instead of being forgotten as it deserves, it gets praise by hordes of drolling retards that lack any cognitive capacity. The nunolanite fanbase has become capeshit-tier.

its better than 2001

big mistake

desu the premise is from the old script. not something c nolan came up with

> muh my 300 confirmed kills
fuck off larper

> no, you
suck my dick
nunolanite

did you even watch the movie?

earth is going to become too inhospitable. easier to actually go to space instead of waiting for something happening in the planet and bye bye station. And they would have the chance to find a new home.

He shouldn't have take it. It was dumb.

>calls anyone else a larp
well isn't that ironic

Attached: a.png (1761x315, 255K)

You don't have AS IT HAPPENED evidence of evolution or the big bang or abiogenesis. And as it happened is literally SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE, of which you Will Never Have! For a change, either you bold faced liar or horribly deceived Hypocrite, Show us the processes of All Life from the first Purported Instantiation of life unto our selfsame day. That's what you liars get away with and as to why you're the most intolerable hypocrites there ever were. Producing as it happened evidence and not the make believe pseudoscience (dog shit) you've been using CAN VALIDATE YOUR FICTION. But you don't and never will have that. So you ascribe normal growth and change as proof of evolution. But, that's not what you and your fellow liars Purported. Thereby, you incorrigible ne'er-do-well, provide for us SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE AND THAT'S ALL THAT IS OBSERVABLE AND TESTABLE and where applicable RECREATE ABLE of Evolution. I.E., Take what you're claiming the present day processes of Evolution is (that trash you're claiming is proof of evolution, allele frequency: virus and bacteria learn ability and dog/wolves and new born baby and all that dumb shit) and show us the beginning and end of each processes in all Purported life from muck to modern man and that's all genetic and where applicable DNA variation and morphology in all life, as it happened! And that's skeletal and genetic SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE from muck to man in Every creature to have existed in each instance and where applicable Purported Evolutionary dead-end. And that's from a billion years ago in an unbreakable chain of each creature evolving into its successor species up to our selfsame day.

--
Sent from Quick notepad

i thought they were losing their oxygen and the crops were failing.
how is living in a space habitat easier or better than a sealed environment in a gravity well, with a magnetosphere?

Bro dont post dumbshit. Earth is basically dying in the movie. If the station was on earth, the moment the sea level rises or some other catastrophic event, what the fuck you think happens to the station? Venus and Mars are not an option, they would basically be left to die there.

good movie is bad movie

Yeah, it's boring as 2001.

That's just the consequence. The film doesnt expand too much on it, but the basic premise of the script is that earth is dying. You see some basic extreme events that would only gradually become worse
Sealed environment? How are you going to protect yourself against earthquakes? tsunamis? even volcanos? Space is safer or at least hopeful.

I think Nolan wanted to introduce a whole bunch of Christian elements to the film. Here are some interesting points:

1) Church Organ soundtrack through the whole film.

2) Shots of Coop and Brand with eyes and hands closed praying

3) We have Christian Trinity: Cooper represents the Father and Holy Spirit/Ghost (once he joins with Tesseract). Murph represents the Son a.k.a Jesus the savior (remember she was 10 years old at start and after 23 years time dilation was 33 when she “saves” the world – same age as Jesus dies). They both represent the Holy trinity.

4) We have an otherworldly unknown powerful presence who created the wormhole and tessaract that guide the events of the film – aka Godlike who has have basically interfered with and guided Coop throughout his life going as far as to construct a tesseract for one particular moment in time. God advocates true love and is major theme of film with father and daughter.

5) There were 12 original astronauts sent out onto the planets – There were 12 apostles of Jesus sent out for his gospel.

6) Cooper also spends decades wandering desolate environments,"Lazarus". Dies and is reborn at black hole.

7) Holy Spirit/Ghost Coop reaching out to touch people (including hand shake scene white light)

7) And just like Jesus after his resurrection, he came back (albeit 3 days vs. 70-something years) then left again after a very short period of time.

8) Literal Noah’s Ark with at end with Cooper space station transporting humanity.

9) Adam and Eve with Coop and Brand (embryos for Plan B – start new race).

Attached: 12 time apostles.jpg (2001x762, 441K)

This is why I love the Docking Sequence so much, not just for the music and intensity. It's a visual representation of time slipping away from the crew. Man (Mann) can't control time. The clock is always running and we can't stop that. When he tries, it pushes time away from the crew and costs them decades (the endurance spinning away like the clock it is). As Mann said, robots can't adapt because they don't have survival instinct. Cooper does the adapting for TARS, pushing them into the spin with endurance. Robots and, as we later learn, Cooper, are the only ones who can transcend time. This is why Cooper doesn't black out and why TARS is the only one who can re-dock the Endurance, because he's a robot and indifferent to time (the spinning clock/endurance), he doesn't have human attachments that time decays. Time is just another layer to the human/robot dynamic. Robots don't have instincts, but they don't care about time.

The entire scene is basically a summation of the movie's themes. Survival instinct and pushing human boundaries (whatever can happen, will happen), the inevitability and uncontrolable nature of time, and Cooper/TARS metaphoric (and later literal) transcendence of time where man otherwise fails.

youtube.com/watch?v=a3lcGnMhvsA

what is 'dieing'?
bad air, dying crops?
how is that an easier problem to deal with in a vacuum in zero g?
they never mentioned anything about continents shifting or seas covering the planet.
So much in this movie overlaps, or is unexplained, or is forgotten in favor of some other idea.
what is the savior of humanity? the magic math problem or the colonizing the black hole system? because the movie can't seem to decide and by the end basically gives you both.

>The film doesnt expand too much on it
exactly.
Its the core motivation in the movie and we basically need headcannon to make it work.
>look at how sciency our movie is!!
>kyp thorn kyp thorn kyp thorn!!!
>oh wait, the science is in the way of the plot...forget about it.

> ironic
what is, faggot?

bravo nolan

Not really. Actually Thorn expands a lot on this idea on the book but the movie gives you the explanation needed. NASA team concludes earth is not an option. That is the set up.

The film never really revolves around earth and how we got there. The premise is exactly how the starting point is fucked up. You're grasping at straws.

>”___ is in space and takes itself seriously”
> “new 2001”

Why do people do this?

>most talked about scene, the emotional climax of the movie is a straight ripoff of a well known anime
Pathetic.

It's complete forgettable unoriginal schlock

I'm sorry but when a movie sells itself as hard sci fi, and then the major, plot moving device that is core to the movie is scientifically flawed to the point where it makes you question everything the protags are supposed to be working towards.
They had all these ideas and just smashed them together without thinking how they had an effect on the scense before or after....
so many things its staggering.
why go to the time dialated planet at all, its not good
why was black scientist cool with chilling in space for decades an didnt' go crazy
how fucking long as matt damon been there?
how is one woman going to restart a race?
why did it take a giant rocket to get off earth but then they lift off willy nilly from gravity wells in their scout craft like orbital mechanics don't matter anymore.
takes 4 months to get to saturn, planet hop in no time in the other system.
everyone hates nasa because its a waste but its also literally our only hope
i have to stop i could go all day with this high school sci fi story.

imagine being this stupid

The actual spiritual successor to anything Arthur C Clarke related actually aired this year and is called The Wandering Earth. Not that you complete apes would have noticed

Attached: wandering-earth.jpg (1200x675, 72K)

>2000-wong, A Rice Odyssey

> don't post dumbshit
> going to another galaxy is not dumbshit

>station was on earth
Bro, Space Station, you know like that one you see near the end. But their first thought was
> let's put everything into an expedition to another galaxy
Apart from that, on Earth they could make fully contained ecosystems in some bunkers or domes.

>sea level
in an universe where floating is impossible

> Venus and Mars not an option
But going to another galaxy is.
But going to another galaxy in a system that has a fuckin black hole at its center is.
Domes on Mars, floating stations on Venus. Lots of moons for the outer planets and many asteroids that can be mined. But NOOO, let's go to another galaxy. This premise was made up by a total retard, bro.

>Love is the one thing that we're capable of perceiving, that transcends dimensions of time and space
why do they have to include this retarded line?

>Bro
Kill yourself, you clown

>projecting religious shit into this THIS hard
You should stop posting, buddy

> i'm a dumb retard
it shows, faggot

Looks like somebody hasn't experienced love in their life

>So what if it was like 2001, but WE were the aliens, just super advanced from the future
>And what if we combined the monolith and the AI and made them cool dudes, and instead of the AI going crazy, it'll be a man going crazy, isn't that deep?
>And then he goes through the portal at the end and sees trippy shit, I'm not saying that's a good plot device but I'm really trying to one up Kubrick here

Attached: chris-nolan.jpg (465x317, 24K)

I wanted to go inside that movie and kill Anne Hathaway's character so hard that she'd die to death.

okay because your only remaining defense is just calling other people a fag i'll explain this to you, this is just embarrassing. you're spamming nu/pol/ memes and shitty oneliners at people calling you out on being a newfag, because you're clearly larping. and your response is to call them larpers instead? come on now, lurk moar

>defense
retard, i have nothing to defend you fucking moron. You made no point whatsoever and your only contribution in any interaction with your God was
> muh you nu/pol/
> muh me old/pol/
> muh how dare call me a larper
Faggot, I never pretended to be anything and didn't made any baseless presumptions. But you did, you brainless fuckin retard. And now you whine like the butthurt faggot that you are.

same here lel. Although him falling into the tesseract was some scary shit

>zoomer fag who was 10 years old when this came out calling this trash kino
>nolan tries to go full kubrick and just shoots himself in the foot multiple times along the course of the movie
>shit tier muh love
>exposition exposition
>more and more cliche

* didn't made any baseless presumptions before you at least
The bottom line is that you started this shit. Now whine moar, cocksucker.

MUH LOVE
MUH BOOKCASE

>muh muh muh
>faggot faggot faggot
yeah not trying too hard at all there buddy

Attached: 1485220337131.png (163x209, 2K)

Can you imagine if 2001 had banal dialogue about love as some sort of climactic end-revelation? Man, Nolan is so autistic.

>chink action blockbuster trying to emulate hollywood special effects
I'd rather watch the pretentious hollywood space flick, user. At least it tried.

Nolan is a shit director
He's also red and green colorblind, that's why his movies are mostly blue grey and yellow

> The Wandering Earth

This movie is retarded and it's in fact the spiritual successor to Space 1999.

Attached: z_01_Space1999_M1 01 fc.jpg (1025x1378, 239K)

Nolan always includes a line to help us filter out the plebs when discussing his movies. He's based like that.

Attached: 1409956847481.jpg (528x400, 75K)

>Love saves all
>Loves his daughter so much it transcends time and space
>Miss out on your beloved daughters entire life
>finally get to see her
>decide to leave her(in a....fighter craft???) and go back to black hole land to find a woman who is almost certainly dead or super time dilated instead of spending your daughters twilight years together as the saviors of humanity.
Once again, just like the science, when Nolan decides he wants he characters to do something else, they just do it, despite whats been established to this point
even apparently, when the core moral of the story gets in the way of your desire to use all the storylines/endings.
This movie really feels like a group of kikes got around a table with some pop sci fags, came up with a bunch of ideas that sounded like they'd be good if fleshed out, but instead just get jumbled together to make a body of bones.

chinks ripping someone off?
must be a day that ends in y

You see space time
*folds paper*
Is like a piece of paper
and if we juuuust
*grabs pencil*
*puts pencil through paper*
Wala
Any questions?

No he does it because his audience are literal mouthbreathing retards who watch capeshit and can't understand something that is high school level physics without having it explained to them in a fucking stupid manner.

> uses muh and faggot
> therefore my retarded and baseless presumtions are right
t. imbecile

> omg, used t. too

when seen it in Event Horizon was the best thing ever.
When Intershitlar did it felt as a cringey cliche

>movies should only be for college intellectual gentlesirs, like myself

>movies should be for braindead idiots who watch capeshit
Thanks Nolanfag
Thanks a lot

Nolan is fucking trash and you have reddit taste in movies to defend it

Inception is dogshit as well, literally a fucking stupid movie disguised with Hans Zimmer music

>Your sci-fi movie doesn't do as well as the government wanted
>Everyone involved below a certain social credit score is killed and has their organs harvested for the elite to make use of
What did the chinks mean by this?

HAAAAAAVE SEXXXX

The new? It's better than 2001 in every aspect and makes 2001 look like a joke.

Interstellar is a poor man's Solaris

Says nobody ever except literal capeshitters
which you are one

Even Nolan would say 2001 is leagues better

mmm, everything?
the only good thing are the robots

I wonder how his new movie will be, since it's allegedly a romance of sorts, I can't imagine that being something he'd tackle well, might be interestingly bad, or at least unintentionally funny.

to be honest Hal's section you can rewatch it 10000 times
interstellar only got the docking meme scene

>"Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
vs
"Love is the one thing that we're capable of perceiving, that transcends dimensions of time and space"
kek

>getting this autistic about a pen and paper
yikes

What's a more brainlet movie:
>Interstellar: muh love transcends space and time
>Arrival: life's about the journey not the destination
>Anhilation: not even sure what that was about, everything changes?

Attached: arrival aliens.jpg (1200x800, 79K)

>spams shitty memes and calls people tumblr when they point this out
>baseless
you're still embarassing yourself
no matter how many muh's or faggot's you post, you will always be a little redditor trying to desperately fit in a place where everyone is anonymous.

Interstellar is the most brainless movie.
Annihilation had the most brainlet characters.

>about a pen and paper
See you're so fucking stupid and used to exposition you think that was the only exposition in the movie

You are legit a fucking nigger in terms of intelligence

Arrival and Interstellar are so trash it makes Anhilation look like a decent movie when it's pretty shitty

>how dare you like a new movie over le meme classic you must be a capeshitter lmao

Attached: pqafkb6d9ba01.jpg (645x729, 57K)

>arrival trash
this kills the incel

Attached: Screenshot_9.png (648x645, 164K)

> 1 meme
> spam
fuck you, cocksucker

No matter how much you LARP and whine like a butthurt faggot, you;d always be the little brainless retarded tumblr fag, faggot.

Annihilation had interesting story but yes, brainlet characters, muh grrl-power and BLACKED

>posts a youtube video
>youtubers consistently eat up trash
was that part of you plan adamsfag
amy adams can't act worth shit in the movie and nobody with a brain could possibly give a single shit about any of the characters or the situation of a shit tier ayyy lmao landing

But its true? Why do you keep shitposting like an actual capeshitter? Nolan is the capeshit babbys serious director to go to and he's trash

>romance
will it all be spelled out in expositional dialog?

>romance
>nolan is literally a trash filmmaker when it comes to being subtle and having to develop characters emotions
>can't direct anything romantic or dramatic to save his life
>cant even direct a death scene properly
It's gonna be a shitfest of the highest magnitude kek

have sex

Attached: rrumb62o8ok11.jpg (2456x2260, 363K)

Nothing is true. I'm allowed to like a newer movie more than some overrated classic that starts with literally 15 minutes of monkeys playing around and ends with a SO DEEP acid trip. That doesn't automatically make me a capeshitter. Not that I hate capeshit either, like all the tryhard film experts on this board.

how did we get to a point where boobs are this attractive

>nu hollywood sees that 2001 is a deep and often confusing movie to the general audience.
>decide to just go with the confusing part because pleb normies and zoomers will mistake it for depth

Keep posting a trash hag actress who actually cant emote and arrival is the proof
her character is the most emtpy ive seen in a long fucking time

Keep shilling some oscarbait bitch tho she will have sex with you im sure

user you're a capeshitter, only capeshitters talk negatively about the monkey part, you have ADHD and like trash movies like nolan that are explained verbatim to you every five minutes whats going on

2001=shit
Interstellar=meh

2001 = better in every single filmmaking facet than Interstellar

You are. Unless it is dumb as shit.
Then you are just sheeple fallen to the manufactured hype.

What really pisses me off about this movie is about how the father completely ignores his son for the whole movie. Never once gives him thought or misses him, and his entire motivation to come back isn't to see his family, just his fucking daughter. Fuck you, Nolan.

It's probably because Timothy Chalamet looked and acted like an annoying faggot

this

You = shit for brains
You seriously like interexposition more than 2001, you are dead to me

calling me tumblr, now you see that's actually baseless. do you want me to explain how this is also ironic or are you capable of figuring it out yourself this time?

They both suck equally, goy.

Thanks mr. magapede NPC

Gravity wells are inherently destructive, my man. The most dangerous part of flying is the descent, not the ascent. More accidents happen on the ground.

Sure, if a black hole has an event horizon measured in megaparsecs and there's not a lot of matter feeding into it, there's plenty of time to set up shop and have some tea. We do know what's beyond the event horizon, it's the bit at the very center we don't know much about, except that it is very dense and will rip not only your atoms apart but also the space in between.

Tars built the tesseract after figuring out the theory of everything, there is no "power of love", aliens nor future humans (aka "they").

Attached: Gargantua.jpg (1400x720, 290K)

This is the great pleb filter. If you like this movie you're a pleb. Because it's trash.

They simply tried to satisfy too many audience desires.

>Romance
>Family life drama
>Supernatural
>Hard science fiction
>Thriller
>Disaster
>Mindfuck

And they pulled off every single one incompetently. The thriller section where an insane Matt Damon tries to kill everyone felt unnecessary, tacked on, and lame. The supernatural elements were stupid. The love will conquer all bullshit was annoying.

And the plot points of the movie don't even make sense. They clearly already have reusable single-stage-to-orbit technology that's wildly efficient. Why do they even need the aliens to give them the secret to antigravity?

Oh, they need antigravity to move to space to escape "the blight". Let me tell you something. Building a fucking oneil cylinder in space would be a trillion times harder than simply building domed cities on Earth to defend against the blight.

And so Love Is More Powerful Than A Black Hole chick has been running a babyfarm single handledly for like 80 years and the movie ends with the protagonist flying off into deep space to reunite with this woman running the babyfarm?

It's just shit. It's bad storytelling. It's convoluted storytelling - and not because of the time distortion shit. It's just sloppy and tries to be sentimental and keep you on your toes because the director knows the american audience has the attention span of a grapefruit but this means the movie is extremely uneven and lurches left and right trying to find something to amuse the audience and keep them in their seats and it just doesn't fucking work.

Awful movie. Go watch Ikarie XB-1 instead.

>The supernatural elements

Attached: 2m4ylm.jpg (1430x1037, 117K)

Interesting, user, but pretty much the most clear-cut way I've seen someone reveal themselves as a redditor ever. reddit.com/r/interstellar/comments/2m4qcq/interstellar_analysis_christian_symbolsimthemes/

Holy shit.

This movie has the avatar effect

Was a huge deal when it came out. Literally forgotten to exist with no lasting impact only a few years later

Humans are forgetful.

They move on the next new bright and shiny, like NPCs

>Seething capeshitters still mad James Cameron is getting all the Avatar and Alita sequels he wants

Attached: 1551049044143.jpg (1112x1060, 77K)

Based and redpilled

Imagine wasting the last 30-40 years of your life on five garbage avaturd cgifests that will never inflience anything in terms of direction because you're a producer and a shit director who hacked out decades ago

Imagine shilling Disney on 4channel as they become an actual country within the next 5 years and start buying and closing movie theaters that don't exclusively show their movies.

>I WAS IN THE BOOKSHELF THE WHOLE TIME MURPH

>MIRV I'M SENDING MORSE CODE THROUGH YOUR WATCH MIRV

>MIRF DADDY'S TRAPPED IN A BLACK HOLE. YOUR HOUSE ISN'T HAUNTED IT'S JUST DADDY IN A BLACK HOLE MIRF.

I liked this movie, except for the end, but that didn't ruin it for me.

Interstellar is like Star Trek but dumber and more tiring. And it has this stupid thing in it.

Watch Contact if you want better matthew mcconaughey sci-fi.

Attached: Robot-Tars-in-the-Popular-Movie-Interstellar.jpg_350x350.jpg (350x350, 30K)

Nobody is shilling disney you retarded cameronfag who has shit taste in movies

Obsessed retards are cameronplebs surprise

t. hasn't read or watched it
But thanks for replying

>defending Nolan movies
>calling anybody else 'plebs'
What the fuck happened to this board

Agreeing with you to the dot about anything you say except for Arrival which was decent except for the casting

Shut up, incel. Grown-ups are talking.

Yikes.

>shilling
>a movie that isnt even in the cinemas

???

I did cry during that movie though.
The thought of in a mans life, he's been away for a few hours, but for his children, he missed 30 years.
Heh.

imbecile, as stated before, my baseless acusations started after yours, you dumb fuckin piece of shit. Do you get it now, moron? Now fuck off.

it is shilling by nunolanite fantard.

It grew up and got taste?

based nolan does a good job of making his movies actually have an appeal of seeing in the theatre. The only way to see the docking scene is in IMAX

You realize black holes aren't giant vacuum cleaners right? If the sun were to magically turn into a black hole right now the orbit of earth wouldn't change.

new kek
Its better. It's the greatest movie of the last 25 years too.

I saw it in IMAX after eating an edible, one of the handful of times I ever used marijuana. It was a great experience.

except mine were never baseless, angry redditor

>how is one woman going to restart a race
Did you even watch the movie?

>They simply tried to satisfy too many audience desires.
Good take.
its typical modern hollywood.
no risks, no faith in the audience, no creativity, no sense of humanity in characters, no sense of story logic.
just trying to make everyone happy by not making anyone mad, its cowardly and artistically disingenuous.
This is why we have so many remakes.
The movie trys to touch on too many themes and concepts at once and does none of them well.
It masquerades as a thought provoking movie yet handholds you the whole way with exposition.
This movie is the equivalent to that douche on a campus quad in his flip flops playing pretentious acoustic songs about how tough life is.
it just rings hollow

is she going to raise all those embryos alone user?
oh yeah, she was expecting her boyfriend to be there decades after he disappeared.

I dont see it as a modern better version of 2001. Rather see it as a modern better version of Contact. Contact has aged badly and plays too leftist.

LMAO

This film is utter shit and for women.

>It grew up
So you just hit 18 then? OK faggot

>for wome
I bet a literal closeted homo like you would know

>and plays too leftist
>my personal politics say anything about the quality of a movie
Go back to where you came from

It pisses me off how everyone in this movie is so retarded.

Why wouldn't they try to get to the lighthouse by sailing in first? THE LIGHTHOUSE IN ON THE FUCKING COAST

>be me
>in another state for a USDA internship
>make friends with a super christian who went to the moody bible institute
>they're so... fucking christian, like don't have any culture whatsoever
>don't even believe in dinosaurs
>invite friend to see interstellar
>"user can my classmates come?"
>sure
>we all see interstellar when it comes out in glorious imax and our faces get melted

i like to think that i opened their brains a little bit with that movie choice, really just a top all time choice to invite some random dudes to

t. woman

t. insecure homosexual

I bet you believe the AI in Ex Machina was female

t. woman

Retard. I bet the last time you had physical contact with an actual woman was on a bus a month ago when that woman tripped and brushed your leg

t. woman

Fucking autist

t. woman

Except it was fucking shit and they threw away all the work the scientific consultants they brought on in favor of some faggy disney "love beats all" message

Which is why it's for women.

imagine being such a smoothbrian that you think "interstellar" is mindbending

imagine being such a smoothbrain that you think interstellar is mindblowing

visually it was a 9.5/10

emotionally it was at least an 8/10

that's enough for me

t. plebe

Have you seen Disney® Captain Marvel™?

no. i refused to give them my money after that campaign

>Copper is the Father and the Holy Spirit
>and just like Jesus, he resurrects
So which one is he Christard?

babby tier time travel plot. its just a time travel paradox thing. so fucking lame. i hate time travel.