Was he wrong?

Was he wrong?

Attached: 1503.png (240x240, 80K)

Before I deployed, I thought he was wrong. Now that I have, I know he was right.

You make it sound like you went to 'Nam and not some cushy American base for a few months.

absolutely.
kilmer's character was such a faggot.
sheen's too.

absolutely not*

Thank you for your service
soiboi beta cuck faggot limp wristed commie kill yourself

Barnes did nothing wrong.

no.
he cared for his men. his was an excellent commander. he knew the enemy very well.
when elias challenged him, he did so (a) not having seen what the gookers did to the black dude by the river and (b) not having seen the gooker flee the village.
whether the killing was illegal or not i don't know, but elias was acting like a 'crusader'.
further, there is evidence that he was under tremendous pyschological strain at the village. we have a brief glimpse of him grieving about the dude that got exploded in the booby trap. combat fatigue and trauma is no joke. he's not evil because he was a victim of it.

finally, the seen at the end where he almost kills chris is ridiculous. barnes is hacking gooks to shit with a shoveln in a rampage and chris, that fucking idiot, taps him on the shoulder. no shit he almost got smashed!

chris was a huge faggot and should be so lucky to have a man as competent, focused, and dangerous as barnes as his lead.

too bad elias died, though. he was a great soldier.

based hero

Elias put him into a position where he really had no other choice, especially considering all his stress factors.

>it's another Yea Forums sides with the psychotic asshole villain of the story either to be contrarian children or because they're genuinely that fucking autistic episode
goddamn reruns

>finally, the seen at the end where he almost kills chris is ridiculous. barnes is hacking gooks to shit with a shoveln in a rampage and chris, that fucking idiot, taps him on the shoulder. no shit he almost got smashed!

I'm not sure if you're deliberately misinterpreting the scene or if you're really just that dense

he's called a liar user

based liar

>plays kino role of a lifetime
>career goes nowhere after

What did he mean by this?

The only person who did anything wrong was their cuck butterbar platoon leader who let the inmates run the asylum.

Attached: downloadfile-155.jpg (599x824, 108K)

that scene is ambiguous at best. barnes is clearly in a rage. 50/50 that he knew who he was going to hack when chris was underneath him.

read up on combat stress before calling other posters dense, faggot

Was he wrong?

Attached: 4 c.png (1109x107, 8K)

Nah. If you want to win a war you need warriors that kill the enemy. Kurtz was right

Even though he already showed a willingness to murder his fellow soldiers (Elias) in cold blood if he thought they might get him court martialed. You're a fucking idiot or you're just believing what you want to believe. Either way, I don't care about what the internet told you about combat stress. I believe the guy who wrote the script who was actually there. Stone said it was largely based on his actual experiences. I don't think he intended for a minute for that scene to convey what you're claiming, and I don't really think you do either. So basically, stop wasting my time.

why the fuck wouldn't you just quote the post you fucking weirdo, jesus christ

>If you want to win a war you need warriors that kill their own men
Yeah no, also the point of the movie was kind of that Kurtz was fucking insane

>thank you for your service
Do Americans really say this?

Attached: 1528651400098.png (317x492, 143K)

read a book, nigger

Attached: 51tAvg21FaL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (230x346, 25K)

The makeup artist did nothing wrong, that's for sure.

Did the Lieutenant survive? You don't see him at the end.

>whether the killing was illegal or not i don't know
kek. he shot the dude's wife in the head in front of everyone to make him talk.

>here's a book
Well that clinches it, Oliver Stone clearly meant for Barnes to be the secret protagonist and everyone who has seen the movie except you just got it wrong. You are now being willfully dense.

Happened all the time in 'Nam. It's politics man.

yeah but she was vc

"the guy who wrote the script was there". That would be Oliver Stone, dumbass. Stone is weak in character development and conflict resolution. His films often devolve into preachy moralization. Don't forget that it's a movie, you gay faggot. Platoon was controversial enough depicting almost everybody as in the wrong. He couldn't have had Chris be at least half wrong and Barnes even half right.

No, it's what happens when you get involved in a struggle that you have no business being a part of and it turns into a giant fucking disaster.

>it's just a movie bro why are you thinking about it so hard
>Oliver Stone isn't even that good, I know what he was trying to convey better than he was
Really strong arguments.
>He couldn't have had Chris be at least half wrong and Barnes even half right
Ah, so now you are admitting that's not what happens in the fucking scene. Great, we've made progress.

I'd rather die killing commies than rotting in SJW clown world current year any day

No you wouldn't because you're a massive coward

why dont you say that to my face not online and see what happens

I would but you never go outside

I'll kick your ass!
at nintendo

Attached: milhousenintendo.jpg (640x480, 41K)

>all these bootlicking cúcks
pathetic

I don't know, I'm pretty good at Pac Man

Why don't you get back to discord, bitch tits

I wish I could have been under Sgt Barnes. He's so hot.

>deliberately misinterprets someone's post
>calls that person dense
try harder

I'm so glad I'm a centrist and don't have to deal with these petty quarrels

is discord like the new reddit for really fucked-up adults on Yea Forums who need to believe in internet gangs?

No, you were moving goalposts so you could win the argument and I didn't let you. That's not the same as not understanding what you're saying.

thank you for making the most based post itt

Well I'm a giant commie spider and it's difficult for me to imagine getting in that sort of argument over Platoon. The quite good reason being it's not even about the war.

>be the empire
>get your dick ripped off by ewoks
>be mad

I can see where he was coming from honestly

Attached: nickspencer.jpg (614x470, 72K)

you tell me faggismo

Attached: meanwhile.jpg (2059x1697, 350K)

no its actually just some kind of better skype. but you can build communities on there and thats where the cancer comes from

the one hiding in her hair :(

Imagine sharing his dugout. I get hard just thinking about it.

>how dare these people have friends and social lives

>tfw no giantess commie tranny gf with huge cock
Why live?

Attached: 913a3a252204b24ec679ce3fae219d4a.png (1045x1000, 1.26M)

Isn't that the /pol/ meetup picture? I'm sure it's the /pol/ meetup picture.

cringe

It's a clitdick, right?

Wasn’t the point that literally everyone was insane?

>white ppl
>/pol/ meetup
>implying

I mean, yeah. But Kurtz was certainly not an exception. user was almost acting like he was the voice of reason, that shit ain't true.

I think he got killed by a suicide bomber

What did he say/do that was wrong?

are you really such a pussy that you're that afraid to click on it, because if so you don't get to find out what it is, that's how it works

Oh you know, just the whole inciting incident that was why Martin Sheen was there to kill him in the first place. Also going AWAL is generally speaking something you're not ever supposed to do.

He was justified in leaving.

there are balls user

>people

Thank you for collecting welfare and protecting us from zero actual threats!

clitballs?

based

Attached: 1549652134254.gif (268x268, 818K)

>tfw no triple amputee Barnes sequel
Fuck Taylor

You'll make some real friends some day user, in the meantime I'd say beggars can't be choosers

And they were justified in going after him and considering him a threat.

That's why it's a good movie. No easy answers, like "Kurtz is the good guy".

I really love this storry causes I do suport the army guys a lot and sulote yyou when ever I see you . I amy trying to find a ary guy to date but it is heard for me to go on the army date in sites so if you like this e mail me . I also suport u cause both oh my grandfathers were in world ar1 and sivaled wor othey both or doctors last one died 2001 fist papa never meat that is why I got interreasted in the army even thaugh I am legally bild and have segures . and hip replaces ment in write hip. i consider my celf a worrior . aw salut KaratieWarriorat aol,com thank you

is this copypasta? this smells like copypasta

Yeah true they were right to go after him but that doesn't make them good. The CIA guy in the beginning still gives me the creeps.

>This mission takes me back.

Sure, it's based on Joseph Conrad's book Heart Of Darkness, there aren't really any good guys in it. There rarely were in his novels. He was pretty ahead of his time in that regard, now there's a new movie about a sympathetic murderous gangster every year.

wew trips triples dubs

Regardless of who was right, war is always wrong.

Attached: 1388086445824.jpg (468x490, 293K)

Thank you for your service