"B-but Jordan Peele can't do Visual storytelling"

Yea Forums BTFO

Attached: IMG_20190322_101259_520.jpg (800x194, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/184418293
youtube.com/watch?v=itQinJxCg50
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>watches a DePalma film once
yawn

>You live in a time when low-IQ masses concentrated in cities are rolling over culture like a tsunami of faggotry, degeneracy, and low-impulse-control animalistic instinct thanks to social media

Attached: motherfuck.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

Cringe incels.

sneed diopter shot

imagine being such a pleb you're impressed by technology that was used as far back as citizen fucking kane

Wish movies would bring that shot back and use it more often. It always looked really cool.

Peele's visual storytelling is fine for an unrefined talent, but let's not go acting like he's fucking Orson Welles because he used a split diopter.

But this time a BLACK MAN used it, don't you get it? So woke... so progressive... I'm literally crying

This is literally the only defence of degeneracy

Why is it so amazing to people that a black guy can use ancient cinematography techniques? Is reddit racist?

Attached: star-trek-6.jpg (850x358, 45K)

so he split two helicopters
big deal

>It always looked really cool
Maybe nowadays we actually have the tech to make it look seamless, but to me it always looked jarring as fuck

vimeo.com/184418293

I'll look this up but wasn't the Speed Racer movie filmed with some kind of camera that actually pulled everything into focus? But they did that because it was a cartoon movie, and depth of field is now a "must" for movies

Tarantino was never praised for using this technique. Is it because he's white? Is reddit pandering to blacks because they feel superior to them?

Attached: tarantino1.png (604x257, 207K)

Sort of.

Attached: whiteliberals.jpg (500x330, 34K)

Is this supposed to be a super secret filming technique or something?

I see this shit literally everywhere

Attached: audiovisual-split-focus-09.png (1280x544, 427K)

Peele literally stole the plot and every shot in Get out from A stephen King movie The Skeleton Key
I would assume the new film is a ripoff of some 70s euro BS
OC is a bitch,especially in cinematography...everything is shit now

Attached: 1458902992_2.jpg (1920x1080, 208K)

that looks like utter shit though

um, sweetie, tarantino is a white dood who WISHES he was black

Speed Racer has a tri-focal camera that could focus on three planes at once. Very cool tech. And I don't give a fuck what anyone says that movie was kino. It used tri-focal camera for the flat focus look of anime along with multi-location and multi-time frame scene divisions like anime frame composition. It was neat.

oh shit it's that fucking ant vs anteater cartoon, they used to show it with the Pink Panther cartoons

Skeleton Key =/= The Skeleton Crew

(he was actually praised for it though, sorry sweatie)

there's no such thing as "original content" and there never has been

I bet you think you're clever for posting this drivel

You incels don't get it do you? It's ancient but at the same time not overly used because most filmmaker are hacks. It's small things like this that sets apart great filmmaker from the rest.

Do you see hacks like Nolan, Snyder, Denis,..etc that tv drools over use shots like this? Cringe. Name one interesting use directorial choice or camerawork that can be considered patrician by these hacks. Then you can deride peel.

I don't know how that website works. Does the yellow highlight mean it's Jordan Peele responding? Because that little brag at the end is a real turnoff.

Can you elaborate this for a brain let with some examples?

>And I don't give a fuck what anyone says that movie was kino.
Unironically agree. People forget movies are a primarily visual medium and pretty much every shot in Speed Racer was a feast for the eyes.

The highlight means it's a direct link to that response.

Disregard the opinion of anyone who doesn't like Speed Racer, they have no taste.

>stephen king
>original

IP addresses that visit both reddit and Yea Forums should be banned.
Change my mind.

I hope you dumb cunts realise these decisions aren't made solely by Peele, the DP and probably writers have a say in it as well

Because incels think neon lights and pretty pictures are good visual storytelling.

youtube.com/watch?v=itQinJxCg50

This video comes pretty close to capturing some of the brilliance of Speed Racer. Notice how the transitions in a single frame move from multiple locations, characters, and even time periods all in one shot seamlessly. Also notice how foreground and background are both in focus because of the cameras used which keep everything in focus. Speed Racer used some really mind bending editing and camera techniques that simply went way over the heads of most film critics and audiences. I'm not even really a fan of anime but I could see immediately what amazing things the Wachowskis were doing with cameras. This goes many steps beyond the famous CCTV to live action transition shots in the Matrix when Agent Smith is interviewing Neo. This is next level technique.

>muh incels
You need to go back. They're called virgins here, you virgin.

>Nolan, Snyder, Denis,..etc that tv drools over
You think Yea Forums and Yea Forums in general is any different to the average person?

no, incels are distinct from virgins

not an argument

wasted digits

Funny isn't it? People who make the best use of editing and visual storytelling like Satoshi kon, Edgar wright, Wchowskis are dismissed as style over substance directors.

AYO HOL UP U BE SAYING DAT NIGGA PUT NEAR AND FAR INNA FOCUS DAM DAT NIGGA SMART

>a dumb cunt calls others dumb cunts
Really makes me think

>thinking it was a directing choice and not something his experienced cinematographer came up with

Oh is an incel a type of virgin that doesn't hold your specific political beliefs?

N i g g e r s

By the same people who praise Orson Welles and any old film noir too.

Are you guys unironically arguing that because Peele used an old but not so common in generic blockbuster cinematic technique that he is better than Denis or Nolan?

I think they're O.K directors myslef but even Nolan uses cross cuts and inserts does that make him great? Denis films are chock full of interesting camera work as well.

Depends how was the rest of the movie visually?

Cringe post. Peele has proven to be among the echelons of all time greats with get out and us.

Have sex.

Grow up.

Yeah... but are they (half) black (and half jewish)?