Looks like kino is black on the menu

Looks like kino is black on the menu

Just got back from the movie AMA

>Tfw too retarded to see the twist

Attached: us-movie-scissors-poster-jordan-peele.jpg (620x981, 369K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RPWmtLZ0y5c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

how is it compared to get out? Get out set a pretty high bar.

A high bar for being shit.

How much interracial sex is there?

What was the excuse for Whitey being evil?

It was pretty damn funny. Great acting and satisfying end. I liked the scary aspect of this one better than Get Out.

Jordan Peele is the horrorkino hero we needed after all.

The main evil here was black.

Was it actually scary in the slightest?

Now that's a twist

Racist AF!

Just tell us the twist like a real man.
Spoiler that shit I guess

Attached: B526097B-EE69-460D-A009-8CB57B7799F8.jpg (500x665, 56K)

To anyone else who saw the movie, what was the main underlying message? I don't get it I'm too brainlet. That the greatest enemy is ourselves?

First movie in a long time I can say looks genuinely scary from the trailer. Is it about racism or whatever like Get Out? Because I don't want to be preached at.

Direction was better but writing was worse.

Is the twist that Lupita was crazy all along?

Twist 1: It's not just their family that has doubles, it's millions of Americans.
Twist 2: The mother was swapped out with the double as a child.

So in the end did they end up acting like who you’d thought they’d be?

The twist is that Jordan Peele goes full Alex Jones and the government created clones of everyone but the catch is that you can create two bodies but only one soul so the clones and the normal people mirror each other and to set themselves free the clones try to kill and take over the normies

[Spoiler]No because it happened at such a young age that the environment pretty much shaped them into who they are. The original girl vs the "clone". The clone is normalish now where as the clone wants revenge for being fucked over. [/Spoiler]

Fuck I suck at spoilers anyways I meant at the least sentence the "original" girl wants revenge for being switched

Is it scary?

Not really it's open to interpretation.

i guess you could stretch it into being about class inequality; the clones underground being screwed out of a proper life for the sake of the people above. but the movie doesn't really play up that or any other message

There isn't any, you racist

Forgive me, get out brainwashed me and told me whites = bad

They pretty much give the twist away in the beginning, good acting tho and it had me invested into the plot and trying to figure out how it was going to be explained, only for it to have no explaination and a shit ending in my opinion

Fucking retarded movie, taking over with scissors. I know it's cali but some people should have guns

What does Tim heideck her do

Tim was just a funny rich guy. His doppleganger is absolutely hilarious too

Movie was slow as shit, the Intro even took 5 minutes of 1 frame. I loved get out but this was bad.

that's pretty pathetic desu rofl

And I thought Captain Flatass was bad holy fuuuck what a waste of time...

Fuck off shill

So, pic related?

Attached: D1DD9633-8E0D-4A7B-AA4F-AF2CD37BF487.jpg (320x240, 22K)

TWIST WAS DUMB

I saw one twist coming... but I never realized the hints about the son until someone told me...

Attached: ohGod.jpg (1322x1088, 81K)

How did he get away with it?

I don't care about black people's experiences. Fuck them and their race bait movie ripoffs

It was basically a question of nature vs nurture in the end.

More blatant anti-white racism from a hack director.

For what reason does the gubment clone random nobodies? And how do they do it?

is the twist that they're all glorious white people on the inside

But will you feel the same way when you watch the movie?

I honestly can’t spin this movie to be about race. There’s just no good allegory, plus, there’s barely any whites people in the film.

tell me

Was it a five bagger

I wanted to like the movie more than I did, and I felt it was ridiculously overpraised.

It was a noble effort, though. There's more thought put into it than most horror movies these days, but it didn't quite have the cohesiveness that Get Out did.

While it's not 100% provable...

Son building a tunnel on the beach instead of a sand castle. (This one I forgot, so you may wanna double check)
Son seems to like the white rabbit from the underground.
Son is only able to mimic a lighter action, while his ""shadow"" can set fires just fine.
Burned son seems much less hostile to the normal family than the other shadows.
Shadow Mom seems much less hostile to both sons.
Both Dancing Mom and Unburned son seem to understand what happened in the end, and choose to live with it.
Also, both sons literally wearing masks. Not proof of them being swapped, but definitely a hint.

Spoiler explanation 4u too:

Is it as good as Hereditary or Vvitch?

epic post!
the movie sucked ass.. strung out story, lazy twist

not at all

This is a shitty horror movie. It doesn't matter if there is black people in it or not.

So you would give it five bags of popcorn? Any bags of soda?

That's pretty good.

Maybe Peele's Twilight Zone won't be so bad after all.

I'd have to give it 5 bags of popcorn, and 1 partially eaten Candy Apple (even though a Caramel Apple would be more appropriate in the west coast).

Attached: cinematicAspectRatio.jpg (1739x585, 48K)

Ahh, I'm sorry, my brain read your post as "5 on it" because it was in the Us soundtrack. I am not a smart man.

Anyone else thinks it would have been much better without the twist at the end? It pretty much ruined how emotional the ballet fight was

I kinda agree. It had some nice music though: youtu.be/RPWmtLZ0y5c

No, but very ambitious. Peele can definitely do better.

>pretty high bar
Kek

I'm more inclined to think the movie (or at the very least the Thriller twist) was a metaphor or something because when the events are taken at face value, it doesn't really make sense
It makes more sense to me that, metaphorically, in the process of killing her own tether and the rest of the film's events, the two sides of her have "merged" and there's no clear cut "evil" anymore. Like, even though she "won," she lost her humanity.
Then again, I'm probably way off base and should wait for some "US Director EXPLAINS the Movie's Biggest Questions" article or whatever

That honestly sounds about right and in line with the ideas of the movie, so I wouldn't easily rule it out.

kinda

steal the movie

I believe they said the point of the clones was to control the people above ground but it didn't work except for when it did

that's what I wanted to believe until they showed what actually happened

who would have uncuffed her though?

but the I WAS THE BAD GUY ALL ALONG is the worst kind of twist

Were I supposed to fin Heidecker and Moss hilarious? Both the originales and doubles.

I saw the movie yesterday too and it was absolutely awful. None of this shit made any sense. What rhe fuck? The plot twist was fucking retarded and made no sense either, despite everyone seeing it coming a mile ago. I gave it an unironic 3/10.

It literally, unironically had none. Pseudo-intellectual garbage. If you don't explain ANYTHING you can't say "muh underlying message".

what is this even about? all I've ever seen is that dumb poster with the girl and the mask. I've never seen a trailer or even an article about it

Fucking bullshit. Where was any of the last part implied? How would the son be swapped when his face was burned? They would be found out instantly. What fucking nonsense, nothing hinted at this you nigger.

>MUH METHAPHORICAL DEEP MOVIE
It was just shit nigger, absolute nonsense.

Unironically brainlet

Nothing in the movie is presented as deep, it's just nonsense. You're an unironical pseude-intellectual that gobbles up nigger movies just because you can't accept that it literally had nothing deep about it.

Mad

THE MOVIE IS ABOUT COMMUNISM
>poor people living underground, ignored by society
>main focus is on wealthy family
>poor people wearing red start a revolt against society
ORANGE PEELE STRIKES AGAIN WITH HIS STUPID FUCKING "WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY" LIBERAL METAPHORS

Attached: Screenshot_20190320-102645~2.png (1488x632, 788K)

I read it in another thread and was disappointed so many interesting directions it could go and they pick that. Peele is gonna M knight himself soon, just watch.

Can you be a bigger whiny bitch or is this as bad as it gets?

Based

>orange peele
>not banana peele
Damnit user

>orange peele
>not banana peele
Damnit user

Attached: 1552349490035.jpg (703x851, 121K)

nigger detected

So will they pull a CM and Gurl busters where if you have legit criticism youre a racist or an incel?

>1488x632

Attached: 1552295634674.jpg (640x640, 30K)

yes he's a doppleganger too, after his mother. that's why he could puppeteer the other boy who was real but couldn't speak due to his facial scars. basically, both families had 2 humans and 2 doppels. Lupita's family humans are gabe and zora, while lupita and jason are doppels. since kids are a mix of human and dopple, daughter is human like the father, while son is dopple like the mother. it's inverted on real adelaide's side.but clever trick is that real adelaide's son has facial burns that scarred so they prevent him to speak. so he appears feral like a doppleganger but is actually real cause he can't puppeteer jason, but jason can puppeteer him. it's explained that doppels were created in order to keep real people controlled like puppets, so whatever dopples do reflects on people on the surface. since lupita swap places with adelaide, whatever lupita did on the surface such as ballet, adelaide did in the underworld. you'll see in the scene where zora's doppel plays hide and seek with zora and zora repeats it like a puppet because she's real, but jason her brother controls "real jason". also, jason is a little off, white girls remark that he's weird, his mom is unusually attached to him, and he expresses himself through drawings, etc. so yeha, he's a dopple like lupita 100% but one born in freedom, hence her smile in the end, like, it was worth it.

the son isn't swapped, he's born of doppleganger mother and human father, but is a full doppleganger while his sister is full human. likewise, real adelaide's kids are mixed too, only the other way around - daughter is doppleganger like Abraham, while son is human like Adelaide but can't speak due to burn scars. Jason "puppeteers" him cause that's what dopplegangers to do humans. that's why Adelaide went into the mirror house, cause her doppleganger found the way out aka induced the real girl to come to the mirror. and that's why real adeliade became a dancer herself, cause fake one was given lessons. doppelgangers make humans do things not the other way around. it doesn't matter whether doppleganger lives above (fake adelaide, jason) or below, they "control" their human counterparts.

he wasn't swapped, he was born of a doppleganger mother and is like her. hence her OTT love and connection with him.

yes

The twist has no effect on the plot. It means nothing and if it wasn't included then nothing would change. The movie was just bland. Shitty acting and dialogue. Stupid execution of an interesting concept.

The only racist thing in the movie was the police being a joke.

Huh, this actually sounds interesting. I might watch the movie now.

the twist has a huge effect on the plot because now on top of being boring it doesn't make sense

You aren't allowed to say anything negative about this movie if you are a white male. Shut up, this isn't for you

Attached: 1551410544064.jpg (500x600, 108K)

IMO, it's better when you know what the twist is cause you can pick up on clues when you watch and see that it makes sense.

I don’t understand the twist or the point of it. The son shouldn’t feel anyway cause it’s still his real mom even if what she did as a kid was fucked up. Also where the mother and son special because they could control what the real person did? Because the beginning of the movie implies that the Dopples copied the real except in the case of the mom and the son. Otherwise why would the government leave the project if it clearly worked? Even when u ignore the general logic the twist at the end just makes things make no sense like why didn’t the mom just leave the moment she got uncuffed from the bed[\spoiler]

>it's explained that doppels were created in order to keep real people controlled like puppets
Wrong. No such explanation ever happened.
>basically, both families had 2 humans and 2 doppels. Lupita's family humans are gabe and zora, while lupita and jason are doppels. since kids are a mix of human and dopple, daughter is human like the father, while son is dopple like the mother
Makes absolutely no sense. Why is it just magically mixed? What fucking garbage reasoning is that? Even if it's true, horribly executed.

>Wrong. No such explanation ever happened

of all the bullshit in that post you managed to pick one thing that actually happened to call him out on.

They did say it during the real mom and fake mom cause confrontation.

The real bullshit is that she clearly said the project didn’t work yet for some reason the mom and the son where the only 2 the project did work with

Underrated small details:
The Vision Quest maze being rebranded into Merlin's Forest to get rid of the Native American imagery
The Fruit Loops
the Thriller shirt being foreshadowing

Good thing I'm a black woman. This movie sucked my hairy balls. I didn't even see it.

as a black male, this movie was a waste of time and I walked out mad about the twist even after I predicted it from the beginning

the idea was that you use the dopes to control the real, like pulling the puppet strings. dope does something and the real does it too because dope does it. for example,s if 2 dopes hook up, their real counterparts will hook up too. that's why real adelaide's story about 2 girls emphasized that when the girl who has everything does something, distorted version of that happens to the girl who had nothing. But anyway, for the story convenience, the rpoject was abandoned and frogotten even though dopes continued living and mulitplying in the tunnels.

Movie is redpilled. Its about (((Them))) bring the "shadow people" (blacks) to America as slaves to gain economic control of white people. But it didn't work, so the (((they)))abandoned the shadow people and now race war is inevitable.

Why did she ask her clone "who are you" and "what do you want"? She fucking since she swapped places with her as a kid.

It's stuff like that that makes me believe the final scene wasn't literal. Too many questions brought up by it being literal vs. easy explanation for what it's symbolizing

Lol yeah.

Because they don't expect the typical viewer to figure out the story if it's not fully explained by the movie.

She suppressed her memories, that was the whole point of the last scene cause she remembered what she did. And so did the son

Why would she suppress the memory? It wasn't even traumatic for her. It was really the best thing that ever happened to her.

And she remembered every other fucking thing about the situation, including the random homeless guy. But she forgot the small detail that "oh yeah, then I beat myself up and took my place in the real world." Its retarded.

>Get out set a pretty high bar.

Imagine actually thinking this

How would the son "remember", I figured that either the clone told him when she kidnapped him, or he figured it out when she started acting like a psycho after killing her clone and making goofy smiles.

no she didn't. she knew eevrything from the start. she just didn't want her family to know. remember that she never told gabe why she thinks the other girl would kill her. that means she didn't tell him the whole story. there was no reaosn for the other girl to plot revenge all those years just because lupita looked exactly like her. but she omitted the reason why. it was obvious that she never forgot. that's why she was gentle to kids cause they could have been hers if she never escaped.

I never said it made sense, we didn’t the real self just fucking leave once she got unshackled?

The link only works one way. The real people can control their shadow (i e. the shadows copying all the real people, the boy being able to mind control his clone), but we never saw examples of shadow people controlling real people

In my head, I read the movie title as (you)s. What the fuck is wrong with my brain?

Attached: 17793965-8FA6-4615-BC30-E012320EE1DD.png (1660x1323, 1.18M)

She was even just making sounds to her daughter when she was trapped in the tree. She still knew how to speak shadow people

she didn't suppress it. she never forgot. the flashback is for us to understand what happened and because she felt guilty all these years. but then decided it was worth it cause her son was born free. hence smiling at jason and he accepting who they are.

>we never saw cases of the shadow controlling the real people

The real mom said the only reason she learned how to dance was because shadow was dancing above, that was what the whole fight scene showed and the reason for the cuts between

she was saying shh shh to her daughter's doplleganger cause the girl could have been hers if she didn't free herself. that's why she was gentle to the boy too. but yes, she definitely didn't forget the language and most importantly the way back. I don't know why people think she suppressed memories when it's clear she always had them.

>rabbit on the girl’s shirt
>Jaws on the boy’s shirt
>boy’s mask is a brown monkey, his doppleganger’s mask is white
>real spider crawls out from under a big plastic tarantula
>real white rabbit hops out in front of an illustrated rabbit in the mirror maze
>most of the rabbits are white, a few are white with black or brown spots, about 12% of the rabbits are mostly brown

Its about illegal immigration. Its morally justified for third worlders to illegally come here and steal peoples identities and murder them, because their countries suck

yep, the link is shadow controls real not the other way around:
>shadow lupita controls lupita
>shadow jason controls jason (the disfigured boy)
>shadow lupita's dad controls lupita's dad
>shadow couple in the corner controls real couple in the dark corner
>shadow 11:11 hobo controls real 11:11 hobo

>I don't know why people think she suppressed memories when it's clear she always had them.
Because in the living room scene she seemed geniunely perplexed, and asked her "who are you and what do you want". She knew damn well who she was.

To expound:
Jordan Peele explains that a core message of this movie is "we are our own worst enemies." He also acknowledges that "we" and, by extension, "us" is nebulous and can mean different things to different groups, it can be a personal thing but also apply to America as a whole, for example.
To get back on track, Tethers in general took on the unpleasant parts of everyone that they try to keep under the surface. This can be seen with how Gabe's Tether was brutish and violent and Tim Heidecker's Tether was basically his asshole traits. Going with that, Adelaide's tether embodied her prior traumas.

To get on the ending sequence, when looked at symbolically, Adelaide let her past trauma win, essentially.

>young Adelaide holds a red candy apple. RED
>grown up shadow Adelaide eats strawberries. RED
>young Adelaide picks number 11 for her prize
>the prize is Thriller shirt and she ends up in the world of zombie-like dopplegangers
>jason notices it's 11:11 at night right before the intruders arrive

yes but she was lying and there were enough clues for that. also, her resignation when real Adelaide pulled out handcuffs. it was, like, yep, I had it coming.

The only thing that makes me think this isn’t the case for all shadows and that it’s normally the person controlling the shadow was the plot of the government trying to use shadows to control people but deeming it a failure and leaving them to die. If all shadows controlled there real counter parts why would the government just leave?

>it's a "the real villain got away with it " ending
What I don't understand is why didn't the real woman leave underground after she took off the handcuffs, or after she danced and showed the tethered she was worthy?

the point is that nobody knows why the project was abandoned and we hear it from unreliable narrator. like, how could Adelaide know? from whom? everyone around her was crazy and dumb. did she find files and read them? did she just know? either way, it's adelaide who states that shadows control real people including how she learned to dance. because her shadow learned not the other way around. also, jason blatantly controlling the other kid proves he's the shadow like his mom while the other kid was real like his mom. the fact that children are mixed real and shadow is super important, with some of them turning real and some turning shadow

Because by that point she’d decided that making her Hands Across America statement and getting revenge was more important than just leaving. She dedicated years to it while staying in the underground tunnels.

yeah, but why?

Seeing this tonight with girl, she’s a liberal. Will she lecture me about white People bad afterwards or is it too hard for a simple college girl to understand that way?

Attached: 6346F8A1-00A9-4681-A4D2-F38A4FC316DE.jpg (645x773, 62K)

There is practically nothing about race in this one.

I think when she was still a kid the shadow could still control her. Which is why she was forced to dance. It wasn't till she was older that she gained autonomy, and by then I guess she wanted revenge, not just to be free.

she also didn't know the way out. remember that she was knocked unconscious so she couldn't see the way she was brought down under. that is also an evidence that shadow never forgot what happened since she remembered the way. there was no "suppressed memories".

>Jeremiah 11:11
>"Therefore thus saith theLord, Behold, I will bring evil upon them, which they shall not be able to escape; and though they shall cry unto me, I will not hearken unto them"
>Red describes her meeting Adelaide on that fateful night "an act of God"

Attached: think.jpg (601x960, 35K)

she didn't actually gain autonomy, she was wearing pants in the larger community just like how the shadow was wearing pants in her house.

>Yfw that shirt referenced this video which foreshadowed the end twist

Attached: F3BB5EA8-7272-419F-8510-9E5AFE06022A.jpg (2000x1500, 537K)

For practical reasons, maybe she just couldn’t find the exit for a while. Red tells us she only managed to stumble on it as an act of Fate, so maybe it wasn’t easy for a little Adelaide to find. Maybe she was too busy stuck mimicking her shadow by that point. Or maybe it was locked, as it should’ve been in the first place. Then she would’ve been stuck down there for a while, long enough for her mind to get fucked up.

For metaphorical reasons, I’d interpret much of Red’s plan as being a statement about current protest culture. A lot of people lately have a real problem with stewing in their own hatred, surrounding themselves with “toxicity,” and either wallowing or obsessing over how they can personally make a difference and make a statement, instead of just going and living their lives.

I think there’s a lot of places in this movie where the priority of the symbolic message outweighs making the story actually make logical sense.

This. As a gun owner I laugh at movies like The Strangers or Us. If anything this movie makes me wish someone in Santa Cruz had a stash of ARs lying around so they could go full tilt boogie on the clones a la Far Cry 3

Attached: 532DE790-1805-4E00-950F-983F2A31F99A.jpg (610x343, 64K)

>Unironically " IF I WAS BATMAN, I WOULDA SHOT DA JOKA"
Never write a book

Attached: tumblr_inline_mr4s5daBEl1qz4rgp.png (500x274, 151K)

Most of the messages that can be interpreted, and especially any that might be there about race, are all fairly subtle and never outright stated or beaten over your head. She’d have to go digging to find them. If she’s the kind of person that needs things spelled out for her, you should be fine.

yes because he used both as the instruments of future apocalypse. the tethered couldn't free themselves without an outsider to lead them so outsider had to be brought in. hence on that faithful night, shadow Adelaide finds the way into the mirror house, but because the shadow controls the real person, real Adelaide finds the way into the mirror house too. swap happens but because shadow didn't kill her counterpart (compassion?), the counterpart gains control of the underworld and lead the revolution, hence red color as reds the bolshevics revolutionaries. in the meantime shadow is guilt ridden and expects revenge on be unleashed upon her which happens but on much bigger scale she could imagine. kino.

Over a million ARs were sold in California in 2017 alone. There are so many out there in total.

>Jason wears white imitation tuxedo pajamas
>Adelaide also wears white for much of the movie
>there’s a white rabbit plushie in the summer home
>naming the robotic home assistant Ophelia
>the layers and layers of subliminal spacing in setting something in the secret underground tunnels, at the bottom of an escalator, that is reached by going through the maintenance space, of a funhouse hall of mirrors, at a carnival pier, at a beach

Have you seen us? A stalker senpai of clones with scissors? Don’t need League of Shadows training to point and shoot.

Attached: DD7349A1-2005-45CC-9AF4-7FE021265163.png (250x250, 34K)

She looks like a downy Natalie Portman in this photo

Dopplegangers.

So the rules about the dopplegangers from last thread

>Those that lives underground follows the rules above ground, above ground has priority.
>Everything will be followed 1:1 unless the circumstances doesn’t allow it and the clones have to find the closest thing. Rabbits=food, People on a rollercoaster had to live up and pretend to be on a coaster, dad was punching a wall when the real one was doing wack a mole.
>If the event that for whatever reason that something can’t be followed, it will be followed as best as it could be. The real mother had to cut herself open, no mention of clones of doctors.
>Because of the point above, clones probably can't move between hallways.

While I'll give them a benefit of the doubt that the clone girl was able to veer right when the real girl went left as a freak accident of fate, I do find that the rule are hard to believe in consistency. especially when you take that the clone husbandwould have to be in the same area as Addy.

are you just trying to get laid?

These rules are fucking retarded and I suspect the only reason Peele bothered with them is for the sake of the final fight. Otherwise they add more problems than anything else.

>the government created clones of everyone
See I wouldn't take what Red said with much salt. Keep in mind that she is the original girl and when she went downside she clearly didn't know anything was goin on, and considering no one could talk she really could only go off by what she could see, which is probably just seeing scientific equipment.

Logically speaking, the other clones existed before we discovered them and the government probably tested on them...and then for whatever reason the government left.

"Ooga booga fuck whyte ppl: the movie" did not set a high bar.

Horror is like comedy and music, it's subjective to the individual.

>Logically speaking, the other clones existed before we discovered them
How does that make any more sense? Where the fuck did they come from, then?

Don't incel, excel user.

Having it be “the government did it” felt kinda like a metaphor for the history of black americans
>America makes a whole bunch of slave people for some self serving purpose
>things don’t work out, so they just abandon them
>all those people are just kinda stuck there, with no true identity of their own

there's never going to be absolute consistence. that said, clone doctors may have been there but they weren't doctors. I know that clone Adelaide learning to dance made the real one a dancer too, so by that logic clone doctors should learn how to perform caesarian because real doctors can, but that's not really the point. but, granted, Peele bit more than he could swallow.

it makes more sense than government experiment BS. think of it like His Dark Materials. In Lyra's world, eevry child is born with a daemon. so in Us world, everyone is born with a doppleganger, but you don't know about them. yet whatever they do or happens to them controls what you do and what happens to you. shadow controls you, you don't control the shadow. it's simple. but government experiment BS opened a whole can of plot holes and that cannot be closed.

Fuck the police is really the only race baiting in the movie.

Addy mentioned there was an accident in Ballet. I kind of wish that they mentioned that she fell off stage, at least then you could argue she lost her memories of the underground because of that.

Red makes sense. 30+ years underground she was broken to a point she thought she was like them. The whole "invasion" plan just seemed like it was more than likely a corrupted version of a plan that was probably meant just for her to get her life back.

that's posisble but it really doesn't translate when you watch the movie. it's more like huh? how does that work? rather than OMG light bulb, it's about slavery and aftermath of liberation. if that was peele's point at all or he's simply expected to always make a race movie even when he doesn't.

user’s girlfriend is going to think that part is hilarious.

The dance scene showed that the clone now had priority of control over the real woman. She was forced to live there.

stockholm syndrome. she empathized with the tethered and wanted to save them too not just herself. unlike her double who took off without looking back. Adelaide even ponders what would happened if her double took her with her, like, if they both showed up to her parents.

clones always have priority control. it was just made obvious after the exposition dump. but before that, jason controlled the fuck out of the disfigured kid so that, when exposition and ballet happen, you know that jason is like his mom, a clone/underworlder/tethered.

> it's more like huh? how does that work?

Yeah, it’s a real flaw of the movie that you need to handwave so many of the mechanics just to accept the plot.

What I wanna know is when are the clones feeding and watering and cleaning up after all these damn rabbits?

It’s kind of amazing all these sets that required live rabbits hopping about in the background weren’t covered in rabbit shit.

I'd say that the clone doctors would at least go through the motion. But they clearly don't have the equipment down below.

Imagine being in the clone's shoes. Someone is getting surgery, got a few doctors around you cutting into you.

Now imagine that below.
>4-5 people going through the motion of doctors
>No medical equipment, no anesthetic, no pills, no nothing.
>Just a group of people cutting into you with rusty knives and scissors, and you are awake throughout the whole thing.
>You can't die because the person above is still alive.

Still not getting that Get Out made fun of white liberals who were enamored by the idea of being black themselves.

See, Peele had some potential for amazing horror here. The "clone rebellion" angle was actually one of the most boring things he could have done with the premise.

>>You can't die because the person above is still alive.

I don’t get how that part works, but the Untethering allows people/clones to kill their counterpart, but one of them still gets to live.

Also, we see that it’s possible for one side to be harmed while the other side isn’t, as demonstrated by Pluto having burn scars and Jason not having them, and that’s odd.

I was really curious whether or not the white dad’s doppleganger was gonna have his surface version’s tattoos, but we never get a look at it.

They could clearly die though even if the real person was alive wtf are you talking about
Also why does it have to be rusty shit for a surgery?

The other thing I don’t get is if it’s generally 1:1 movement for people/shadows how does traveling effect them? How did they have the same husband if theoretically they shouldn’t be of the same hallway or even general area especially since when we saw the mimic of the roller coaster and other rides it was mostly just them jirating in place. Can they run as fast as cars

the whole clone aspect in general felt half baked

>I don’t get how that part works, but the Untethering allows people/clones to kill their counterpart, but one of them still gets to live.

I want to say that above ground, it's free game. Unless something like Jason/Pluto happens, then both groups can act individually.

I thought the movie was good but it could have done without the whole clones taking over the country.

its a slasher film with jokes and the plot is purely through exposition
its ok. its not great, its not bad, its easily watchable and left no lasting impression

Red mentions in her fairytale that when the upper girl eats tasty food, the shadow eats raw rabbit, and when the upper girl hugs her plush toys, the shadow gets some hard, cold and sharp substitute, possibly rocks or knives or something. So, presumably, the shadow doctors would just improvise medical tools with whatever shit they have underground instead, which can’t be pleasant.

The fact that the movie tried to pull of a grandscale of the clone invasion is what hurt the film for me. It should have stayed small scale, and make it feel more peronal.

its a slasher film with jokes and the plot is purely through exposition
its ok. its not great, its not bad, its easily watchable and left no lasting impression

They seem to stay in one place. Red mentioned she had to cut into herself, so to speak the dopplegangers of her doctors weren't anywhere around her.

So I assume everyone just sits still

Of course that creates the problem again with her husband's shadow/clone. Seems like chance he was in the same hallway. At least if anything I think that her husband should have said something about being born in Santa Cruz.

Whats funny is the facility was literally kept secret by 2 hallsways and an escalator.

so was the daughter and she was the most normal out of the whole family while the shadow daughter born of non shadow mother was the terminator

>They could clearly die though even if the real person was alive wtf are you talking about
When they are above ground it's clear there are rules that differ from when one is above and one is under.

so was the daughter and she was the most normal out of the whole family while the shadow daughter born of non shadow mother was the terminator
the son theory is just worthless bullshit
the tunnel on the beach was foreshadowing
the fucked up animal son was just a retarded dolt

they were really trusting that mechanical owl to scare people off

>even after 30 years
>not a single other person met their shadow.

I think this is on the worst parts.

The son theory really doesn't work as it seems to be that the daughter on both ends are normal.

We don’t know that. We just know that if they did, it never made such a stir as to impact the family we were following.

Even in real life, there are lots of documented reports of unexplained incidents of “doppelgänger activity”. People think they see their own doubles, or other peoples doubles, all the time through history. But it’s not like it’s a big deal, because it gets dismissed as an overactive imagination more than half the time and usually nothing comes of it.

Could you imagine being one the scientists that had to document the underground.

What do you think it must have been liked to be down in those hallways watching all the mimics of the people above

What of when you saw your other lover? How weird must that feel.

I'll be honest. The movie was fine, but now I find myself to be more intrigued by how the tethered works.

Isn't the theory that the daughter is normal for the above-world family, but doppel for the underground family? So the opposite of the sons, and in keeping with what we see in the movie (where surface Zora is a normal girl and doppelZora is a psycho). Compare this to surface Jason being kind of weird while doppelJason is the most "human" out of all the doppels besides Red.

exactly. both sets of kids were mixed race so to speak, so one was human after a human aprents and the other was a doppelganger after a doppleganger parent. In Wilson family, Zora was human after gabe and Jason a doppleganger after Lupita, while in Adelaide's family, daughter was a doppleganger after her father Abraham if I'm not mistaken while son was human after Adelaide but reduced mute by burning scars.

Its weird enough that the facility is just well lit for years, has rabbits in cages, also beds and clothes for everyone. Could have just said the doppelgangers were magic instead. I'd accept it in a horror movie.

Longer than 30 years. In 1986, there’s the implication that the project had been conducted and abandoned for some time prior. We don’t know how long, maybe more than a decade. So, sometime in the 20th century, before the 80s, the government gets the technology to make shadow clones of everybody, and they don’t use what must be this amazing unworldly technology to do anything else but this experiment where they construct a bunch of tunnels and make copies of presumably every person in the continental united states. And then they give up and leave them down there with some caged rabbits and forget about them. And then the clones just chill out down there for decades.

The whole thing just really doesn’t work. You really have to let go of making sense of it and just dismiss it all with “it’s an allegory, I don’t gotta explain shit,” or decide it’s a bad movie.

how's the other daughter normal? not only she wasn't normal but her mother said she gave birth to a monster. also, she controlled Zora when they were hide and seeking around the car, unlike Zora's brother Jaosn who flat out controlled the other boy.

Probably.

The whole idea is probably a "chance" where the sons are difference, where it seemed that the clone of mother took the chance and went left, when the original took a right.

no, the idea was that while liberals are trying to give blacks white liberal minds. looks black but is really a white liberal. like Donglover, Boyega, Tessa Thompson

I assume she was "normal" for tethered.

Fuck me it was actually really good.

Tbqh I was expecting Peele to be a one trick pony.

good point. also, government cloning or whatever experiment = midichlorians aka overexplanation that the story didn't need.

>ywn be this mad at blacks in movies
Feels good lads

Fucking what? It was garbage.

>tfw too retarded to have noticed any of these

Attached: 1456712946849.jpg (633x758, 63K)

I say that the truth probably is that
>The tethered existed prior to humans found them
>Humans did test on them
>For some reason they left

The whole thing about them being created by scientists doesn't add up especially that it came from Red who is clearly not reliable in her information as any information she had gathered was probably just by sight alone (it isn't like she could just go and find a filing cabinet with everything.

UUUU

Would have been much better if the story centered on Adelaide dealing with being stuck in the tethered world where everything is a horrific mimicry of the surface world. I think that would be a lot creepier than "black family fights terminator clones".

This film isn't about racism. It's about classism.

>The whole thing about them being created by scientists doesn't add up

yep, Peele's midichlorians right there. he should have just left it at that they exists who cares how, the force or someshit, and neither we knew about them nor they knew about us til the day God decided enough is enough. mixing religion and science to explain made up shit in movies never works. either or.

I think the plan is to make that movie cause peele said something about wanting to play more in that universe. most likely will produce like Wan and get another director to helm it. I'm on board.

Like the shiny non rusted scissors everyone has?

>exposition
The worst thing about this was that Lupitia narrated it all in a “spooky” voice where you couldn’t understand like a quarter of what she was saying.
It really hurt my ability to understand some of the plot.

That kinda works, but from a writing aspect, they could’ve just had Red get it right to begin with instead of forcing the audience to make up a fan fiction around her story to explain the holes. The story the writing had her tell seems more like the story they wanted us to go with, and they just wanted us to shrug off the fact that it makes less sense than just letting it be magic or some shit.

Exactly
Are we supposed to believe this rebellion is spread across the entire continental United States? Really confused on this aspect of the story

I kinda assumed they stole the matching immaculate red jumpsuits in everyone’s sizes, the scissors, and the leather gloves from upstairs as part of Red’s plan. No, I don’t know how. This is clearly not a movie for autists like me that like to have things explained.

The only information we got about the Tethered depends on if you can believe what Red is telling is the truth or not.

Red just doesn't seem to be a reliable narrator.

Weird. I understood it pretty well, and I usually need subtitles to figure out even slight distortions or accents. I think the spooky voice here was kinda clear for me for once.

Couldn’t agree more with this user
They really didn’t need to give us an explanation of where the clones came from, just that they’re here now. The only thing knowing where they came from does for us is make the main character important to the lore of everything which frankly is rarely a good narrative choice. Imagine how much better it would be if they maybe just implied the shit with the tunnels and clones and focused more on how the characters react to it all. Basically the story of literally any other family in America during this event.
Making Red the focus of it all reeks of Jason Blum’s influence in this movie

Attached: C74448F3-AAF6-45DF-8725-CC521540FB02.png (356x506, 412K)

Might be kino, but unfortunately he already blew all the mystery and suspense with Us

all of this

>111782598

same. she didn't mumble. raspy voice or not, it was a clear voice.

What’s the left and right thing? I feel like I missed it

Leaking the origin of the next movie from master of horror Jordan Peele:
>Jordan can't find a shoe he likes in his size
>asks clerk if he has any
>white employee brings him the shoe he wants
>scariest moment in Jordan Peele's life
>"Fit In" - coming to a theater near you in 2021

Attached: k&p.jpg (1650x928, 201K)

true dat. I think that small budget was a fuck up too. they couldn't really go crazy with the tetherworld and just opted for bright corridor and classrooms, kek

Things to fix problem with the film, while keeping much of the movie intact/

>Addy focuses more on the accident she had when she was 14. Use this to explain that she fell off the stage, causing her amnesia to forget her life underground.
>Lose the grandscale invasion. Make it just the one family as it makes it more personal for those involved (red/addy)
>Have Red more focus more on replacing Addy, showing that it's more like she wants her life back.
>In Red's fairytale, have her mention that it was a bunch of people that were cutting into her when she gave birth to pluto. This at least will allow the shadows to move around underground (though this brings up question about cars and shit)

Did I miss anything?

i haven't watched the movie and i predicted most of these twists desu only thing that surprised me was the "everyone has clones" i thought they were all an extremely rare case of twins or something, and who dies?

That’s a shit explanation and you know it

I would unironically love if there was a Key and Peele sketch about Peele coming up with ridiculous horror movies like this. Would be kino.

presumably, in the situation where the real addy was at the beach and the clone was at the escalator, when Addy moves to go the the mirror house logically the tethered shouldn't have gone to the escalator and instead should have went into the wall behind her, So here where the girl should have gone "left" (into the wall) she went "Right" (up the escalator). It left it all to chance.

How has no one talked about the honkers on Tim Heidecker’s kids yet?

Attached: 215932EE-25DE-4D31-8831-12EB1044CB30.jpg (679x452, 48K)

How can you trust Red? She is clearly not even in her right mind.

Fun fact, these twins played Emma on friends

What's it feel like to be such a whiny bitch

i am completely astounded at the amount of mental gymnastics people are doing ITT to make a weak premise something more
>son is clone
>omg did you see all the rabbits! such detail!
>omg did you see the 11s? such detail!
>red is unreliable narrator! the plot probably is better we just dont know yet!
>of course millions of people underground are easily able to replicate the open space of the overworld!
>how do you know no other clones met their overworld selves? they probably did and we just dont know about it!
>the hand holding line makes sense and totally doesnt fall apart as soon as the clones hit water!
its a slasher film with a retarded plot from a director who was told he is an auteur when he isnt
its watchable and forgettable and nonsensical

Attached: 1550670443180.png (341x500, 194K)

I’m not saying you can trust her I’m saying that it’s lazy writing to have that be a waveaway explanation of plot holes.

A lot better than being you lol

>>Tfw too retarded to see the twist

Jesus user, it's so obvious.
I just got back from the movie, it was very good.

>that character that is every dad joke rolled into human form
>that final scene
>that horror that is not whitey for a change
>dat black family actually being an actual black family and not just stereotypes
>dat Lupita finally showing she can act and damn she can act

I have only praise.

Can anyone give me a rundown on the reasons for the names chosen for each clone?
I’m functionally retarded but I know they wouldn’t just randomly name them, especially given the pretentious names they gave them

Yeah, I don't get why the alt-right weenies on Yea Forums don;t like it, it seems like their kind of movie

I am literally never going to watch that show

Seriously? I had no idea.

Because they're low-IQ and low-T

It’s an honest to god shame you can’t find any screen caps of them on the beach

For the most part anyone that talks about the movie is saying how much it doesn't make sense. Nobody is defending the tethered plot.

>the hand holding line makes sense and totally doesnt fall apart as soon as the clones hit water!
actually we see them going into the water.

Any good shots of Lupita's massive ass?

The controlling one another shit makes fucking zero sense to me.
Didn’t Addy control Red in the final fight scene or whatever?
This whole thing feels super contrived

The only thing I can think of is Pluto is a dog, chosen by the mother because she used to watch disney cartoons.

the countrywide invasion would've worked if they had kept it to the last 30 seconds of the movie and didn't have them doing the dumb holding hands chain thing. it would've had a similar impact to the end of the invitation

The only thing I can get is that controlling only works when one is above ground and the other is below ground. When both are on the same level then it is free game (ie. dopple Addy attacking the real one)

I think I may be responsible for about a quarter of the posts you’re referring to, and I still agree with you that the film is nonsensical. I think it’s really meant more to be viewed as an art piece heavy with allegory and metaphors and symbols, rather than for half the shit to be taken literally or believed to hold any solid world building.

It’s fun to argue “were there doctors with rusty medical tools performing the cesarean underground?” but it ultimately doesn’t matter. The makers clearly don’t care about that shit, and they didn’t intend for the audience to care about that shit. The movie is what it is.

You could tell they were trying to hide it but it really shone through at times.

pretty much what ruined The Haunting of Hill House for me
it was spooky and creepy for the first 6 episodes, then they showed what all the ghosts were and what their motivations were, and it just got... boring
like why couldn't they simply have been malevolent beings?

>umbrae (clone daughter) is obviously from umbra aka shadow

>pluto (clone son) most likely after the TV character who isn't antromorphic but serves as other animal characters pet, in this case mickey mouse. since little pluto is the most animalistic of the Red clan.

>abraham (clone hubby) no idea since biblical character doesn't fit, abe lincoln doesn't hit, no clue

I don’t think it’s high brow enough to try to be like Suspiria and forget plot

yes and she even refers to it as one of reasons why she didn't pursue ballet as a career.

Pluto is also the name of the god of the Underworld. It has a double meaning in referring to both a Disney dog and to Hell.

The real haunting was the friends they made along the way

>actually we see them going into the water.
>all doppelgangers can breath underwater and have lead boots on so the line isnt broken by any body of water
or
>they weaved around water and into a spiral like snake so they could all fit
on top of that, we see the line of clones go into the ocean
average shoulder width of a person is 14.4 inches
times 330 million, 75,000 miles
width of continental US is 2680 miles
in short, its dumb

I was thinking maybe there’s some connection between how Gabe could be Gabriel and Abraham could be Abraham but frankly I don’t know my scripture and don’t know if there could be anything there to support that

>art film
not even close. its popcorn.
>allegory, metaphor, symbols
for what?

Ghosts have hopes and dreams too user

>This whole thing feels super contrived
That kind of is the movie in general.

The clones seems to be
>They mimic one another unless the plot demands it.

I mean I find it hard to believe that the clones had all the cloths to mimic the ones above, I mean hell, at the carnival scene you telling me that the only thing they had was the Thriller shirt and it just so happened to be the one that Addy picked above ground?

I at least think taht the pajamas should have been the attire of the clones since the beginning. while there is the question of "How is it that everyone has the outfit" it's a much easier pill than "Oh, the clones just so happened to have the same outfits, even though they couldn't make them themselves without the material which I doubt the scientists made"

Which again, at least had the clones been "magic" all along you could at least handwave alot of the stuff taht doesn't make sense.

It has the symbols and imagery but it also wants to be a straight horror movie. The end result doesn't really work.

this is reddit it causes me actual pain

>symbols and imagery
for what?
having the kid build a tunnel or showing 11s or showing rabbits isnt 'symbols and imagery'.
theyre easter eggs

They were dummy thick

Bible verses are easter eggs now?

Maybe I’m reading too far into it, but I thought it had a couple of good repeating motifs, and that some of it was a social commentary.

Like, I heard about Peele saying the main message is “we are our own worst enemy,” and that it can apply to a lot of different groups. But he seems to be saying a few things about America specifically. For example, I felt like the human line and Red’s plan was a direct reference to protest culture in general, and maybe related to Black Lives Matter. And in those scenes where Addy helplessly watches both her kids’ dopplegangers die and she seems real distressed over it, I felt like that maybe was a commentary about seeing all these shootings on the news, and how it feels like your own family could be next, and there’s nothing you can do about it. There’s other stuff, too, but a lot of it I feel more vague on.

Iunno, this is all personal interpretation. The movie just made me think about stuff.

I'd agree with the former poster:
-Directed and acted better
-Plot is sometimes weird and has unexplained, or outright illogical stuff in it

It is definitely a very good movie for what it is.

I don't know it either so now that you mentioned it I googled it and bingo, you are on the money, gabriel announced the birth of abraham's son

Rabbits make good symbols.

especially if they're whitoids

yes? what else is it if it adds nothing to the plot, and barely applies to the actual conclusion of the film?
its just trivia
jesus christ dude
the plan comes from the hands across america advert she saw in the opening of the film
shes even wearing a t shirt with it on when shes swapped
the whole shrine she builds is centred around the tshirt
the advert and shirt that had red stickmen holding hands across america
its surface level deep, and 'we are our own worst enemy' is the perfect reflection of how surface level deep this film is
holy mackeral

>Addy helplessly watches both her kids’ dopplegangers die and she seems real distressed over it

she is distressed because they could have bene hers if she stayed undergorund and also because she is compassionate.she could have killed real Addy when she swapped places with her but she didn't. also, she clearly had regrets for she was afraid of addy's revenge all her life.

The doubles of the twin girls from the white family are named Nix and Io, and I think I remember from skimming some mythology that Nix and Io were sisters. I forget about Io, but I think Nix was some kind of goddess of night or darkness, and that fits the whole spooky underground theme. I’m pretty sure Io is also the name of one of Jupiter’s or Saturn’s moons.

The white dad’s double’s name is Tex. And, like, cmon. He looks like a Tex.

The white mom’s name is Dahlia and it also just seems kinda fitting. Maybe they have deeper meanings, though.

>the plan comes from the hands across america advert she saw in the opening of the film

Yes, I know that’s the LITERAL in-story reason behind it. I’m talking about possible subtext and non-literal interpretation.

White rabbits + mirrors immediately make me think of Alice in Wonderland, but I don’t think I saw any other references to it.

what about the boy controlling his clone multiple times

and im saying that there isnt a deeper meaning and it really is that surface level
its a 'ohhh THATS where the IDEA came from!' m night level twist
youre inventing things to elevate this movie to be a social critique

Because it is openly anti-white and the alt-right openly advocates for the interests of white people? It makes plenty of sense if you're not retarded desu.

alice in wonderland stuff, especially white rabbits are common mkultra imagery. also the owl in the funhouse could be an illuminati reference.

I don't know, I don't have entire college programs and filmographies devoted to my victimhood.

The movie is a social critique (though maybe not exactly the one/s I assume) and you’re just ignoring it.

It's anti-liberal white agenda driven feminst.

Only a compliment

So you have to spill it out into the internet for a bunch of strangers? You're the same as them and you don't even realize it.

if you have no idea what the critique is then you are literally inventing things and ignoring the possibility that it is a quick second genre film following a directors success found with a film written and rewritten over a number of years
its S2 of TD in goofy horror form

the boy is the 'clone" that's why he controls the one we think is clone but isn't. remember, both boys (and their sisters) have one "clone" parent and one normal.

Don't compare M Night to Peele, M Night at least always has kino cinematography and editing even if he isn't the best writer.

I didn't really get any sort of critique. Why can't the movie just be a simple horror movie?

this. white fiance dates black guys for woke points, her family uses them to whitewash their brains so to speak. liberals want to control blacks by trying to whiten them inside. it isn't even subtle in the movie which makes sense cause liberals are far from subtle in that regard.

Well, if it is, then it’s a pretty bad one, because the rules and backstory behind the monsters fall apart so quickly and easily with just a half a minute of thought. But if they sacrificed the plot working for the sake of some message, then they’d at least be justified with crafting a story that doesn’t work on its own.

Either way, whether or not you think there’s a deeper meaning, I don’t think it stops it from being a potentially enjoyable film. There’s just a few problems I think that need to be dismissed, and if you can dismiss them more easily with “well, I don’t care because I had fun watching it,” then that’s good too.

how can one person be so weak that they tapdance around everything to land at 'even if its garbage, its worth it if you have fun'
youre marge at the track with the woosy bet
maybe even worse. she wasnt trying to give the horses internal struggles to represent the opression present in the modern US.

>horror that is not whitey for a change
>literally his second movie
ok lol

You lost me. Are you feeling okay, user?

>Gabriel is named after an angel, while his Tethered, Abraham, is named after a human Biblical character.
>Zora's Tethered, Umbrae, is named after the Latin word for "shadow".
>Jason is named after a Greek hero, while his Tethered, Pluto, is named after a Roman god of the underworld.

yeah pretty much this. directing was great but the story, while interesting/entertaining, felt sorta underexplained and overexplained at the same time- like he shoulda committed it to being all ambiguously mysterious or had a tight conclusive explanation

So if we go by the unreliable narrator

the situation that most likely happened was

>the tethered probably existed before the scientists discovered them
>The scientists did experiments on the tethered
>For whatever reasons the scientists left.
>years (decades?) later, Addy is attacked by her other self and is replaced.
>Addy is then broken (symbolized by the groups reaching over her) to a point she believes she is a tethered
>What was once a plan probably meant for Addy to get her life back probably was corrupted by the broken mind of Addy that she went more grandscale invasion

Not born or well versed in burgerland history, so can someone explain to me the whole hubbub about holding hands?

Attached: Head Bob.gif (350x186, 241K)

Yeah I get there’s symbolism and some deeper things to pick at but what’s the point of dissecting a movie that shits itself so hard in the third act?

>Idk bro, the government made clones of everyone in the world and what a tweest, the clone was swapped the whole time :^))))

So you’re telling me there’s a clone Lil Pump? A clone Obama? They should’ve kept the story local, this shit was so dumb. Fuck Jordan Peele and his little dick movies, Get Out was okay but this shit? Nah, I’m so let down by how dumb this movie chooses to be. Should’ve left it more open ended, the answers given in this movie are fucking WEAK

Attached: 7FCF8968-5D1E-45D1-994A-DBB253B3A657.jpg (1024x862, 96K)

bit thanks, user.

for me, basically that the comforts of the leisure class are directly tied to the sufferings of the underclass

80s even Hands Across America that raised awareness about poverty. also known for we Are the World song. you pay, you get the spot in hand-holding line. all proceedings go to charity. as it turned out, not even 50% went to those in need. google Hands Across America.

I think the commercial in the movie mentions it was connected to a charity to end world hunger. In the 80s, america had this whole big thing about fighting world hunger, mostly something to do with famines in africa.

>doesnt get the reference
figures
get off my lawn, spotty teen

pretty much though one really has to quint to understand cause that cloning experiment info dump diverted from the message that would have been clearer without it.

I like this one.

Hands across america was a charity thing where people held hands in a line stretching from coast to coast to raise money for african famine victims.
The commercial for it is the last memory Red has of the surface.

Oh, thank goodness. I was worried grampa user was having a stroke.

>low IQ /pol/ incel: BLACK MAN MADE MOVIE. BAD!

Attached: incel inside.png (234x216, 7K)

>raised awareness about poverty

I guess you could say that the Tethered are trying do do the same?

"We are here, we (the 'lower' people") exist"

I didn’t even realize, but this ties in pretty well with the movie’s themes.

"what's fine with me is objectively acceptable and if anyone feels differently their take is invalid hurr durr"

>Golden Age Simpsons is for Grampas.

You should be ashamed, young man.

yes, she wanted to raise awareness of their existence which, by extension, means that they lived in terrible conditions.

>symbolism and some deeper things to pick at
i really dont think there is
every interview amounts to peele saying 'i thought, whats scary? and thought how scary it would be to be face to face with your own clone! its basically, you are your own enemy!'

Not just referring to his films, dumbass, but to the general tone of black films.

Most reviews say this too. The movie isn't that deep. Its just a horror movie.