In an interview that dates from a few years back (), Miyazaki not only criticized Hollywood...

kotaku.com/hayao-miyazaki-seems-to-hate-lord-of-the-rings-indiana-1833458496

>In an interview that dates from a few years back (torotter.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-11109.html), Miyazaki not only criticized Hollywood, but those who enjoy its films.

>“Americans shoot things and they blow up and the like, so as you’d expect, they make movies like that,” said Miyazaki at the time.

>“If someone is the enemy, it’s okay to kill endless numbers of them,” he continued. “Lord of the Rings is like that. If it’s the enemy, there’s killing without separation between civilians and soldiers. That falls within collateral damage. How many people are being killed in attacks in Afghanistan? The Lord of the Rings is a movie that has no problem doing that [not separating civilians from enemies, apparently]. If you read the original work, you’ll understand, but in reality, the ones who were being killed are Asians and Africans. Those who don’t know that, yet say they love fantasy are idiots.”

>There is a discourse on race in Lord of the Rings, but Miyazaki’s grouping of Lord of the Rings in with the American military seems slightly baffling. Sure, the movies were released and funded by a Hollywood company, but Peter Jackson, a New Zealand native, made the films in his home country with his Wellington-based studio. Plus, J. R. R. Tolkien was British. But Miyazaki seems to be grouping all of the Western into a singular Hollywood or, even, “American” lump.

Attached: download (1).jpg (224x224, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BfxlgHBaxEU
viper.2ch.sc/test/read.cgi/news4vip/1416622585/
nausicaa.net/wiki/50_Children's_Books_Chosen_by_Hayao_Miyazaki
tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Tal-Elmar_(chapter)
youtube.com/watch?v=FjZY2EfR-f8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>“Even in the Indiana Jones movies, there is a white guy who, ‘bang,’ shoots people, right? Japanese people who go along and enjoy with that are unbelievably embarrassing. You are the ones that, ‘bang,’ get shot. Watching [those movies] without any self-awareness is unbelievable. There’s no pride, no historical perspective. You don’t know how you are viewed by a country like America.”

>Miyazaki has previously made critical comments about the United States, writing, “I dislike the United States that dropped the nuclear bombs and does not regret it.” He added that he was “against Americanization” and “hate[d] people who are proud that cheap Japanese cars are popular in America, and I look at people who wear badges of the U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force that filled Vietnam with dioxins as enemies.” He also claimed to be “Anti-jeans, anti-bourbon, anti-burgers”, “Anti-fried chicken, anti-cola, anti-American coffee”, and “Anti-New York, Anti-West Coast, Disneyland go back to America!”

Attached: shutterstock_6817478a.jpg (780x613, 52K)

>kotaku

>kotaku
>miyazaki
>not even about anime
Can you make a worse post than OP? I don't think I can.

B-BASED.

sup Yea Forums

Eh, if the mods wants to move it to Yea Forums that would make a lot of sense. I figured since it reflected his outlook that it would have some relevance to Yea Forums, but I could be wrong.

He's right you know

I don't know how bad Yea Forums is but this shit shouldn't belong anywhere. Kill yourself you stupid faggot.

An old senile faggot being an old senile faggot? I'm not surprised.

Based anti imperialist ex commie

>the personal outlook of an influential creator should not be discussed
Hm.

>Americans shoot things and they blow up and the like
>implying all Americans are like that
Miyazaki you fucking hack.

kill yourself

How does Yea Forums do it? Even with all it's flaws it still manages to maintain a level of quality far above the other media boards.

Based Miyazaki

youtube.com/watch?v=BfxlgHBaxEU
It might offend someone therefore it's bad.

He's right and based.
Fuck burgers

He's always been a pretentious fuckwad. What's the news?

nausica sucks even more than the lord of the rings

Attached: 1552264826575.png (900x900, 363K)

They aren't?

If he hates Americans so much then why'd he give Lasseter head?

Well see, I think that makes the least sense out of all possible boards.

I'm not sure he does, so much as he doesn't enjoy the glorification of violence. I have yet to see all of his works, but the ones I have are decidedly anti-war, if they broach the subject at all.

GAIJIN BAD
NIHON GOOD

> Kotaku

Attached: 20190321_123308.jpg (900x1129, 632K)

>complaints about ignorance and racism
>is incredibly ignorant and racist
He'd fit right in.

>lotr
>burgers

based

Thanks for reminding me how based Tolkien was.

Is there anything Miyazaki actually likes?

Complaining?

Cock

working

Airplanes and nature

>kotaku

Attached: 1508980709070.jpg (450x600, 63K)

>hates anything bombastic
>hates Americanization
>hates jeans, bourbon, burgers, New York, West Coast, Disney
>describes all western things he hates as American

Cigarettes

He's been like this for years, it's nothing new.
even the Japanese themselves tend to ignore him whenever he isn't making movies now

Imagine a cute girl with the personality of Miyazaki

>If you read the original work, you’ll understand, but in reality, the ones who were being killed are Asians and Africans.
Why is it every second worlder belives that it's HIS nation is portrated as orcs?

I think this is probably what he means when he's talking about LotR. Jackson's adaptation of the books, I think, left out some of the more pacifist things from the book -- in particular the Scouring of the Shire and Saruman's (proper) death.

Even if Miyazaki has read the books (which I doubt), there's still a huge gap between him and Tolkien in terms of ideology. Tolkien, however much of a pacifist he was and whatever common ground he could've found with Miyazaki on that account, was a capital-C Catholic. Miyazaki, it's clear from his views on "evil," is not. So it's really not surprising at all that Miyazaki doesn't like Tolkien, because their works are both coming from entirely different religious traditions.

Attached: 1417004044629.jpg (741x1155, 146K)

This guy is a hack

>lotr burgers
THe only good thing that came of those awful Hobbit prequels was the smaug sauce.

Attached: lord of the rings burger.jpg (418x500, 180K)

somebody would waifu her

Attached: anime-was-a-mistake-hayao-miyazaki-i-was-wrong-hayao-15100566.png (500x747, 150K)

He is a hack! A HACK!

Based.

I hope he hates Marvel too. That piece of crap deserve to disappear.

the pleasure of being cummed inside

Take a guess

Attached: kikidoyouloveme.png (613x463, 527K)

what a simple-minded take. he's as ignorant as he claims Westerners are.
this one is at least understandable to a degree, I don't expect him to show gratitude towards the nuclear bombings. however, let's not forget who started that war and the savagery with which the Japanese fought it, or America's generosity towards the Japanese after the war was over. Japan could have fared far worse as a Soviet satellite state.

c*nny

gandalf gobbled a lot more than just turkey melts
or maybe I'm just thinking about Ian Mckellan

>kotaku

Attached: 6F87FF2F-6436-4C36-BBB4-ADD04A64E7B3.jpg (640x480, 115K)

miyazaki is going fucking senile yet people will still worship this anti-otaku idol

Miyazaki likes Miyazaki.

>People like this SJW cuck unironically

He's wrong and fucking stupid since he thinks LOTR is a burger movie.

what does dick cheney prefer
dick cheney

Gandalf does come off as light-in-the-loafers

He has, or at least the Hobbit.
I'd like to see 1) a better source than this blog post and 2) the context this was all said in. It's not as if fake quotes attributed to Miyazaki are a rarity.

when did that happen in lord of the rings? did he even watch those movies?

>In an interview that dates from a few years back
Why are they talking about it now?

/our guy/ and the biggest pleb filter to date
BASED

All movies belong to us.
Including this old fag's movies.
This very thread is now the mouse's IP.

>I'd like to see 1) a better source than this blog post
I posted the original article they're quoting in the OP. If anyone wants to transcribe that, it would be most appreciated.

Makes sense, people hate otakus, nerds or whatever other term you have in your native tongue.

>LOTR
>american
Retarded senile gook.

Have characters talk with neutral expressions all the time.

>gook doesn't understand the eternal battle of good versus evil
color me surprised

I checked it out, but it wasn't really an article, just some images of the purported interview.

Burn America to the ground.

But dualism is asiatic.

Oh, well shit. I'll try to do some investigating, but not speaking Japanese will hamper things a bit.

Literally nothing he said was wrong. Fuck americans and fuck Lord of The Rings. Also
>Kotaku

Attached: 1546286821333.jpg (234x221, 22K)

It's from 2014 too, which won't make things easier. Smells fishy to me. Clickbaity.

half of your chinese cartoons were inspired by LOTR. respect your father, disgusting weeb

Because they’re not taught to be ashamed of their blood soaked histories like Europeans are, so they get upset when they see the evil Melkorian hordes engage in activity they identify with.

Here's a link I found. viper.2ch.sc/test/read.cgi/news4vip/1416622585/

>He has, or at least the Hobbit.
That's interesting, then. Like I said, I think he could've found some common ground with Tolkien, who, I think, is actually very pacifist in a way that the movies either do a bad job showing well or actively undermine.

It sounds like his main problem is with the idea of orcs. Which, really, is fair: Tolkien himself had a hard time really nailing down what, exactly, orcs were, and whether or not they were irredeemably evil or what. (And before anybody mentions that the orcs are DEFINITELY corrupted elves, or whatever, read Tolkien's letters where he actually says he never came up with an explanation he was satisfied with.)

Fuck you, man, Lord of the Rings is great...
...but that's probably not true, dude.

>Lord of the Rings is like that. If it’s the enemy, there’s killing without separation between civilians and soldiers
is he legit autistic? what fucking civilians did Mordor exactly have?

Attached: 1552967845931.jpg (384x302, 20K)

He’s a man who has his head so far up his ass he could become a professional “movie reviewer”.

The taxpayers.

>“Americans shoot things and they blow up and the like, so as you’d expect, they make movies like that,” said Miyazaki at the time.
So why do nips make manga where characters shoot civilians?

Attached: x4.jpg (762x1200, 307K)

GRRM please go and stay go

I'm American but this is pretty based.

Did he actually ring Lord of The Rings?

They've been Americanized

>So why do nips make manga where characters shoot civilians?
negative american influence of course

Oh, it's one of those scraper blogs.
>I think Tomino is still decent compared to Miyazaki
lol
Personally I'd reserve judgement until there's a better source. But really, "reporting", in 2019, on a blog post from 2014, scraped from a 2ch post, that's all of two imgur links?

So he's the embodiment of Japanese-style Hollywood and we're supposed to care about what he has to say because he's famous?

>Lord of the Rings is like that. If it’s the enemy, there’s killing without separation between civilians and soldiers.
Brainlet supreme.

Miyazaki is a racist, imperialist moron. More news at 11.

Because even in the original work it sort of ambiguously associates the armies of Mordor with other races -- like, the Easterlings and so on. Outside of the work itself it's all but certain that they were manipulated by Sauron, as originally happened to the Numènoreans, but in the context of the War of the Ring it's still a bunch of evil, vaguely Asian/African folks going to battle on the side of the Big Evil guy. Pretty sure Tolkien copped to this, too, actually, but noted that since the Lord of the Rings is written from the perspective of the other side, they just don't have that kind of close eye on the guys who are trying to kill them.

Guys, please.
He could also wind up blaming otaku.

You're not wrong, but at least we're fact checking. Something Kotaku couldn't be bothered to do before running to print.

>Books is based on events that happened to tolkien during WWI
>Why is there so much indiscriminate killing?

Attached: Low Endurance Build.png (623x483, 128K)

No

Attached: 1535620487692.jpg (320x240, 53K)

Wh does Yea Forums fear the words of Miyazaki? You know, he's literally telling you how it is.

>Old man yells at cloud - Ghibli 2 - Electric Boogaloo

Even Miyazaki is too fucking retarded not to politicize media made purely for cheap entertainment. Kill me.

>“If someone is the enemy, it’s okay to kill endless numbers of them,” he continued. “Lord of the Rings is like that. If it’s the enemy, there’s killing without separation between civilians and soldiers.
Pretty sure there were no orc civilians, Miyazaki.

When will America be nuked?

Even then, there's this scene:
>He was glad he could not see the dead face. He wondered what the man's name was and where he came from; and if he was really evil of heart, or what lies and threats had led him on the long march from his home; and if he would no rather have stayed there in peace

>If you read the original work, you’ll understand, but in reality, the ones who were being killed are Asians and Africans. Those who don’t know that, yet say they love fantasy are idiots.
So the orcs are now asians and africans?

Sounds like /vpol/ incarnate

Oh, that's true! Yeah, that's a really good part, I can't believe I forgot about it. You can actually look to Faramir a lot of the time for how Tolkien personally felt about a lot of things -- some people call him Tolkien's self-insert character, which is not that far from accurate. Even met his wife the same way Faramir does, IIRC.

Airplanes, nature, cigarettes and lolis.

He is right
Look at any online discussion about Geopolitics where Amerilards are too stupid to think for themselves so they compare countries to Hollywood characters , they are a cancer and too retarded to live

>Even in the Indiana Jones movies, there is a white guy who, ‘bang,’ shoots people, right? Japanese people who go along and enjoy with that are unbelievably embarrassing. You are the ones that, ‘bang,’ get shot.
It's been ages since I've watched the Indiana Jones movies but I remember Nazis primarily being the ones getting killed. You know, Germans, not Japs.

>T-they could have been on their own or with our rivals/enemies! They are better off beaten up and on our side!
This kind of mindset is exactly why the rest of the world hates you americans.

Actually that scene was with Sam in the book, but yeah that aside you're right.

His reasoning for linking LotR to this is a little flimsy but overall he's absolutely right. America is obsessed with violence and the idea of an enemy that is pure evil and should be killed outright with zero thought, and that mentality extends all the way from movies to the way they fight their wars.

Attached: el hoshino.png (300x273, 160K)

Someone post a video of some unfortunate guys presenting him cgi modules for zombies and this massive faggot tells them how it deeply disgusts him because one of his friends is disabled and moves like said zobies. Not only is he emotionally unstable but also retarded.

>the idea of an enemy that is pure evil and should be killed outright with zero thought, and that mentality extends all the way from movies to the way they fight their wars.

You literally described Japan during WWII

You're a tad late to the party

JRR Tolkien is someone who fought in WW1, the deadliest war in history, and watched most of his friends die, and he's suggesting that LOTR is about mindless killing? What the fuck?

Attached: 1428294839458.jpg (650x561, 76K)

That's also how normies feel about nazis nowadays.

the nuclear bombs were the fastest way to end the war, Imperial Japanese fanaticism ensured that nothing less than that, or a protracted land invasion (which would have resulted in much more death on both sides) would have been sufficient to force a surrender.
>beaten up
sure, like any post-war loser. the point is that the American leadership of the time was wise enough to leave it at that and not impose ridiculous reparations on the Japanese like had happened with Germany post-WWI. an ally gained is more valuable than an enemy punished. if you think the post-war treatment of Japan by America was anything less than generous, you are ignorant of history. it was a smart decision that both nations benefited from.

He's self-projecting a tad bit too hard if he thinks the Nazi's are somehow relevant to the Japanese in the Indiana Jones movies.
I mean there is a connection to be made, but you'd have to go out of your way to hate something in order for that to happen.

No one has felt otherwise since the Second World War. Don't pretend there's a smear campaign against a group covered in blood and shit.

>Hating LoTR
Sourest grapes I have ever seen.

Attached: a8dca960.jpg (150x251, 6K)

Of course an uncultured idiot would talk shit about Tolkien.
Maybe he's pissed because Tolkien actually gets 'muh nature' right.

This dude actually sounds based as fuck. I’ll never understand how a country can forgive another country for dropping a nuke on them. His spirit wasn’t broken like the Japanese masses

People think Nazis were bad? No fucking shit, chud.

Well they're all full of caricatures and cliches, but Temple of Doom especially. They're takes on 1930s serials, so it makes sense. They are kinda racist when you think about it, but what isn't these days?

>nooooo foreingers are mean to my perfect open minded globalist army they are so racist holy shit juts bomb those chinks another time already

>they’re not taught to be ashamed of their blood soaked histories
They are just not taught about it at all.
>they get upset when they see the evil Melkorian hordes engage in activity they identify with
But why do they associated orcs with themselves (more importantly, by a completely different reasons)?
Orcs are a collective image of evil foreigners.Shouldn't they be associating themselves with elves or humans, and orcs as EVERYBODY else.

He likes Tolkien. He's talking about the films, if this is even a real quote.

Source that he likes Tolkien?
I'd be happy to know that, but it sounds like that's in contention

Is it weird that I wouldn't be surprised if at some point he complains about Harry Potter being an evil American movie that romanticizes school massacres?

My interpretation of this is simply that the US is the bad guy for using force and assertiveness against the 'villains' who are foreigners, which can be correlated as anything outside of America with enough imagination, even though this idea doesn't entirely make sense. Evidently, this is another imagined allegory of American imperialism/aggression. Surely, this is related to his overbearing experience with WW2 as a child, most likely, and the fact that he's kind of literally autistic.

nausicaa.net/wiki/50_Children's_Books_Chosen_by_Hayao_Miyazaki
The Hobbit is listed.

sounds like he's a real life example of that /pol meme.

Attached: 1512767736049.jpg (1024x629, 84K)

Loli and airplanes.

>Make movie about how a dude who made fighter planes was just a misunderstood artist not responsible at all for the planes he designed
>Say clown shit like this

what a hypocritical fool

>Because even in the original work it sort of ambiguously associates the armies of Mordor with other races -- like, the Easterlings and so on.
>in the context of the War of the Ring it's still a bunch of evil, vaguely Asian/African folks going to battle on the side of the Big Evil guy.
It's implied where?

>Anti west coast
Based af

Huh, I guess he understood what "Men of the East" and "Easterlings" were supposed to be.

Friendly reminder that even Emperor Hirohito was a fan of Disney and he went to Disneyland in the US 2 decades after WW2 ended.

Attached: 1507524478321.jpg (785x640, 79K)

> idea of an enemy that is pure evil and should be killed outright with zero thought
Every traditionalistic society is.
inb4 America isn't traditionalistic
Humanity hasn't change since neanderthals.

>Anti-New York, Anti-West Coast
and everything in between is a total wasteland beyond redemption.

]>implying implication
I said "association." Tolkien by no means had intentions to assign any real-life races to the Easterlings or anybody else for that matter. They do RESEMBLE real-life races, though, and that's what I'm paying attention to here. "Easterling" is one thing that should tip you off right away, for starters, and other descriptions. Or you could just ask the /pol/tards who meme about how Sauron's army are Muslims what gave them the idea.

I would not be very surprised if Miyazaki did not like Emperor Hirohito, either.

They're supposed to be Middle Eastern, no East Asian. They come from desert lands.

literally the only thing miyazaki likes is underage pussy why do people care what he has to think

So does he believe in Nanking and is sorry for it?

>against Americanization
Funny considering that he fails to realize all the race shit he mentioned is American bullshit.

I remember to have read somewhere that he believes that Japan should do historical reparations to China

Man, Miyazaki absolutely destroys the anglos and they can't handle it.

Was gonna write out a big reply but goddamn this shit is so exhausting. Its good to be reminded of how stupid even really successful people are, though. I will say that he's got a fucking ice cold take on LotR, if he made those comments on face book today I'd half expect him to actually be a white soccer mom looking for free likes and attention.

>nowadays

>I said "association."
And this is my question and, if nobody answers it, implication:why do they project THEMSELVES on orcs.
You and this lad say that it's arabs.Arabs themselves say:"It's probably us: Euros hate us, Tolkien is a kafir, Sauron means sultan, and Mordor tower is a parody on mosque."
Slavs say:"It's totally us: we're the closest to Europe's east, they consider us uncultured evil abominations, and Sauron's eye is Kremlin star."
Indians say:"No, it's us: they have elephants, worship "evil" idols, and look like rakshasas".
And then there are East asians, negroids and whatever else.
>They do RESEMBLE real-life races
Where? In which description of orcs, their army, thier architecture or whatever else are they resembling anybody.
We're just getting to the point where LoTR serves as a perfect racist/self-identification issue radar.

>America is obsessed with the idea of an enemy that is pure evil and should be killed outright with zero thought

That's literally every country on the planet you fucking stooge, just look at what the Japanese did in Nanking if you think those zippers are any better

He's basically the anime equivalent of some 100 year old fuck who claims the secret to long life is a Dr Pepper every day. Just saying "Oh grandpa" and ignoring him is the best way to deal with it

Man, he's pretty dumb.

I dislike LOTR because for some reason all Anglo fantasy features effete girly men.

>Reminder that this man took personal offence to a AI tech demo.

Miyazaki still a dumb. Nothing new.

The only girly man is legolas

And yet he made 3 hours of apologetic garbage about a guy who made fighter planes for bombing chinese civilians. A real champ.

Be fair, OP could've added a couple of shitty memes like "yikes" or "kino" but he didn't.
He's still a faggot, but I gotta give him some credit.

Absolutely based. Jackson completely butchered the spiritual side of TLotR's books in favor of dumb spectacle. Don't @ me if you're a pleb soiboy.

Allow me to rephrase that - all Anglo men look like effete homosexuals and your little boys look like little girls.

old dude who is good at one thing has really bad opinions about everything else

>complains about cars because he thinks they're an american invention, when they aren't
>loves airplanes, which ARE an american invention

my man is senile

wonder if he's a war-crime denier too while crying about the nukes

>why do they project THEMSELVES on orcs.
it's mostly white liberals that do this failing to realize how it is insulting to the very people they seek to protect.

Attached: 1553202531306.png (849x1137, 1.11M)

He doesn't hate cars. He hate the Nips that are proud over Americans driving cheap Japanese ones.

Well, if you want to get right down to it, it's because the Easterlings and the armies of Sauron are mysterious, foreign, different. Their main defining characteristic isn't just that they are dark, or that they have elephants, or idols, it's that they are unlike the places that we know about, hence what is often the term for this in academia: "the Other," because the Easterlings etc. are defined in terms of difference: they're not from here, they're from over there, "Easterling."

As a result, all of the other characteristics that they DO have sort of become characteristic of that same, faceless, menacing Other. When you recognize a small bit of yourself in what is otherwise this mysterious, evil force, you sort of have to wonder: Wait, is that me they're talking about? And since they're only vaguely defined, you can't say, "Oh, they're DEFINITELY Africans, so they're not me," because they're not definitely anything except different.

As a result, there's loads of people with superficial resemblances to the Easterlings who can plausibly say that the Easterlings represent them in some kind of way because of the mysterious, superficial nature of the Other. Or, if you're a stupid /pol/tard propagandist, you can insert whatever sort of baddy you want into them and claim that it's really about them all along, which you can see people doing with Muslims and so on.

I believe a lot of his views align with the Japanese left, which stridently criticizes both Japanese and American imperialism and pushes for recognition of Japanese war crimes.

So the blacks are supposed to be the orcs? Who are the asians then? And both hobbits, dwarves and humans are supposed to be white people?

Legolas isn't girly though.

>“If someone is the enemy, it’s okay to kill endless numbers of them,” he continued. “Lord of the Rings is like that. If it’s the enemy, there’s killing without separation between civilians and soldiers. That falls within collateral damage. How many people are being killed in attacks in Afghanistan? The Lord of the Rings is a movie that has no problem doing that [not separating civilians from enemies, apparently]. If you read the original work, you’ll understand, but in reality, the ones who were being killed are Asians and Africans. Those who don’t know that, yet say they love fantasy are idiots.”
Holy shit I can't believe Miyazaki DESTROYED Tolkien like that

>He hate the Nips that are proud over Americans driving cheap Japanese ones.

But why?

I consider Miyazaki to be a meme. Nothing he made is "the best" anime has to offer and I don't even see him among the greats.

He doesn't like cars period. He did a big hand-written letter about how he despised driving and was basically irrationally angry about going to driving school- but he did it for his wife.

Be honest with yourself americans. He is completely right, your society is obsessed with violence and the absolue, unredeemable evil that needs to be destroyed.
It extends into every aspect of your fucked up country.

In October 2001, Hayao Miyazaki met with the families of 9/11 victims. After a brief interview in which he expressed his condolences and hope for closure, he reportedly burst out laughing and made airplane noises and mimicked two planes crashing. He then picked up the child of a deceased victim and whispered into her ear "Your dad's dead, bitch", and proceeded to put on a pair of sunglasses and unleash a barrage of martial arts attack on the small child. She was rushed to the hospital where she was pronounced dead due to internal bleeding. When asked later about the incident, Miyazaki became visibly sexually aroused and repeated the same attack on the reporter.

Attached: Miyazaki and his lover recreating Pearl Harbor attacks.jpg (1024x576, 77K)

This is fucking retarded, Even the left in the west isn't this fucking stupid, he should be happy that the japanese aren't driving american cars not the other way around.

In 2008 during the creation of 'Ponyo' Hayao Miyazaki (known for having directed 2001's Spirited Away) was sailing on a boat with his team when a small child fell out the boat and began to struggle to stay above surface. As his team rushed to help, Miyazaki held out an arm infront of them, stopping them and was reported saying by Isao Takahata "The waves have claimed her, let her fight for her own life". The crew, dumbfounded, proceeded to watch her struggle until her body disappeared beneath the waves, lifeless. He was later spotted outside the child's house, making drowning gestures and thanking the family for their child's sacrifice to the great ocean.

Attached: 1539191711878.jpg (800x449, 64K)

What do you think was the thing the mangaka wanted to achieve the most? He said he wanted to portray a real authentic hollywood, blockbuster feeling, go figure.

When meeting with John Lasseter Miyazaki would touch the buttocks of female Disney employees, when they turned he would insinuate in broken English that John had done it.
He also misspronouved Lasseter's name as John Assgrabber in meetings with Disney execs.

Attached: the loli fanclub.jpg (1000x800, 139K)

He has truly become the definition of pretentious idiot.

May I know from which fabled pacifist utopia are you from?

Honestly? Miyazaki should be sucking American GI cock for the nukes. Look at what Japan is in modern times? One of the most prosperous and peaceful countries in the entire world. Do you know why? Because of the nukes. The nukes saved Japan from Russia, from being torn apart by a Communist sham of a government. If we hadn't spared Japan from Russia's grasp, it would have been over 100 million dead from Communism instead of just 94 million. Japan would have been like North and South Korea - split between a reasonable government and a madman's dictatorship. We gave Japan more than they were owed. They terrorized Asia and horrifically killing millions of innocent people. Yet America - yes, the big bad U.S.A. - had the compassion and humility to lead Japan by the hand and create for it (because they couldn't do it themselves) a civilized and prosperous country. Miyazaki is a brainwashed old coot. If he's so disgusted by America, he should probably crack open a history book related to his own country that isn't censored and realized how barbaric and inhuman his ancestors were.

Attached: u dun goofed nips.png (971x354, 329K)

I've always been kind of baffled by this hot take. Yours, I mean, not the lady in the picture's. Like, is pointing out that something is an insult itself insulting? Why would that be the case?

Japan wanted to turn asians into Japanese. not quite the same.

he is correct. driving sucks ass and cars have destroyed america.

>Miyazaki bullying loli
Fake news. Miyazaki would only bully idiot boy-children (who are probably otaku anyway)

Miyazaki's taste is "cute girls doing cute things" elaborated out in a deceptive way.

Japan genocided and raped its ways through Asia. Ask any other Asian nation who the "bad guy" was in WWII and they're gonna point to Japan as being in the wrong and deserving anything that happened to them.

He's all like, "Yea I said it! Do something. Do. Something."

a lot of it was cultural genocide though, because they wanted to turn koreans and shit into japanese people. banned local customs, forced them to take japanese names, and so on.

It's not like asians like any other asian country though. They hate each other.

Pretty based.
Cars are a blight on this world.

What an absolute brainlet

Not from the shit country that is called the US, where 30% of the world's prison population resides.

Well, they could always do it like China instead and execute their prison population instead. A lot less problems then.

Attached: execution.jpg (960x684, 213K)

>all the leftoid plebbit meltdown in the thread

Attached: 1455850161490.jpg (1280x720, 151K)

This.

Retarded americans won't acknowledge it, meanwhile, basically EVERYBODY feels that away about America. And Hollywood is a shit too.

nice meme

I bet they would to you, ya fucking sodomite.

where?
I don't see ANYBODY melting down, leftists included. Except maybe some /int/ but that's just bantz

You didn't get it, retarded.

You didn't get it what he said.

Yes, IN THE BOOKS it's orcs.

In REALITY it's minorities.

My god, sometimes I think translation aren't the only issue. You fucking retards really try hard to sound as dumb as possible. Typical american.

The fact that a developed country is on that list in the first place is disgusting. Truly fuck this capitalistic shithole.

We still won the cultural war.
You consume our music, you consume our movies, your consume our sites, you'are aware of our political situation while the average american doesn't know who the fucks is in charge of your shithole unless you're Russia or something. Piss us off and we'll send some soldiers and shit to instate some puppet goverment.
Keep hating all you want, because we live in your head rent free.

Attached: a42.png (683x800, 515K)

>>loves airplanes, which ARE an american invention

Yeah, sure it is faggot.

You idiots are the only stupid fucks in the whole world that believe that. Shut the fuck up.

>“Lord of the Rings is like that. If it’s the enemy, there’s killing without separation between civilians and soldiers. That falls within collateral damage.
>he prefers forcing the script and scenes to avoid any kind of innocent killing so the heroes and not-really-viallains stay clean

yeah actually it is

my my, the obsession is strong with this one.

Attached: american.jpg (640x432, 36K)

Tolkien also served in war, lived in the aftermath of friends dying, saw his son serve and friend's sons serve. Miyazaki lived in the aftermath of war

Who invented airplanes? Come on, say it fgt.

So China is a communist shithole? Or is it not communist so it's not shit, or do they get a pass for not being as wealthy? Japan also executes prisoners by the way, while Latin America does't and yet it's more violent than the entirety of asia.

Yeah, everyone knows that Eilmer of Malmesbury is the first real pilot.

he's a reddit spacer too

>we won the culture war

You don't even have a culture.

>ou consume our music, you consume our movies, your consume our sites

Ironic you say that on a site owned by a japanese. About. Japanese. Cartoons.

Oh yeah, tell me more about your american culture, you fucking otaku shit. Hahahaha

Fuck this is ironic as hell.

Tell me more how the whole world apparently consumes your media while talking on a cantonese imagebouard about JAPANESE cartoons faggot. Pls do.

And no one actually watches your retarded hollywood shit too. Even your comics are dying because the jew enterprises are dying. What fucking music do you even have? JB canadian. All good bands from europe and other places. You didn't fucking invent anything. Not even burgers.

Haha, fucking idiot. Buit hey, it's typical for americans (that only speak english btw) think that they are the center of world.

How was that last school shooting?

China has a longer life expectancy than America because they didn't privatize every fucking thing and gave their entire society to Corporations all because some retarded Actor in a cowboy hat told them that monopolies aren't bad

guys I think he broke

I meant who invented the airplane idiot.

It was Santos Drummond. Not those stupid idiotic brothers that couldn't even launch anything in the air without, quite literally, throwing it. Great geniuses there.

I broke laughing out loud in american.

Not even your fucking language is yours, faggot.

Hahahaha oh my god i'm dying

I think that many of /int/ anti-american "banter" is pushed by lefties who are taught that america are the most evil of the capitalist empires, so they are probably surprised that it doesn't translate that well on other boards.

Harsh, but fair.

you type like that american pig disgusting meme

hardly any of it can even be called banter. crying yourself insensate about Americans is not banter, it's just whining.

I thought you loved your retarded culture user. Reddit is american.

Yea Forums is not. Heh, not anymore at least.

Please tell me more about the creation of this website. Surely it was made to discuss the glorious MURICA culture am i rite?

China is also a capitalist shithole, they can go fuck themself with their faux-communism and the enslavement of their religious minority groups.
Japan is not innocent either and they can take their denial of their own war crimes and the continuous racist treatmnet of minorities and shove it up their ass.

their flight was 3-4 years before his

How can one man be so B A S E D ?

jealous boomer that hasn’t made a decent flick since porco rosso

nice anime thread

Yeah, "flight".

That shit never stayed in the air for long, idiot.

Keep seething at your own history.

>thinks dictatorship China is better than USA and have higher standard of living
>thinks Corporatism and Capitalism are the same thing
Kek

Lolis, airplanes, cats, nature and cigarettes.

>Its another episode of Miyazaki calls everyone a idiot.

This is an AMERICAN CULTURE board now user. What are you talking about?

>capitalist

Attached: YOU.png (500x432, 328K)

you're not very good accepting that you're wrong

>kotaku
>celeb gossip
>/pol/ garbage
>reddit posters
miyazaki general when

there's no need to insult a country that is already a joke itself

In the books, orcs are literally the creation of the devil mocking life and are literally slaves to him. The devil then gets wrestled by an angel and cast into the void. Sauron is a lesser evil that is basically tyranny.

Sauron and Melkor, his boss, enslaved men and literally had eugenics programs. Easterlings and other races are enslaved or forced to go war.

LOTR and the Hobbit was literally Tolkein building myth for his languages. In reality, it's Tolkien being autistic about myths and wanting to build a mythology for the English.

>anti-burgers
I thought japs loved germany

>hollywood is shit
What a genius

Attached: miyazaki_cosplay-580x326.jpg (580x326, 58K)

People need to stop giving such a shit what this old faggot thinks. His movies aren't even that good.

>my banter was weak on purpose!
alright, I believe ya

Attached: seira checking some integers.jpg (1920x2163, 1.81M)

Oh, we're defending China now, where most statistics are a mystery and the government has literal death camps where they execute people by the thousands every year? It's very hard to say what is the life expectancy there really because rural china is literally india tier.
How about "capitalism" is a socialist meme? When will you commies realise that your entire ideology is simply hijacked by imperialistic ethno-nationalists because the whole thing is stupid. The USSR was the same shit, they transplanted russians all over the place and continued the work of the Tzar, just like the han chinese are colonizing and displacing their minorities now. Nothing you come up with can move humans away from what they have always done, your ideology is bullshit.

did a 2 year old draw this

I think he meant that there's no thought given to the people who were coerced into doing horrible shit for the Nazi regime. Do you think an entire country could be downright evil?
I'm not trying to excuse the atrocities nazis have commited but I think even there it wasn't all white and black.

I think his movies are great but yeah, as a person he is very difficult to like

I don't even think about you

It certainly ain't whatever the fuck china is doing. It's just an even more corrupted version of generic US capitalism directed by the state.

>foreigner not thinking about Americans 24/7
that's a first

>In the books, orcs are literally the creation of the devil mocking life and are literally slaves to him
Hi, yes, if you read the books again and Tolkien's letters you will find this is not stated in the books nor Tolkien's notes. J.R.R. never settled on an official or "canon" source for his orcs and it continually vexed him whether or not they were redeemable or not (see also that he was a big Catholic: if that doesn't click, read Confessions by St. Augustine) or if they indeed were "mockeries of life."
In any case, the Easterlings DID resemble non-Euro races, and it is not clear in the books whether or not they were enslaved or tricked by Sauron (which is subtly implied maybe once or twice at most).

well done Miyazaki, well done indeed HOWEVER
you forgot to mention the biggest fault in Tolkien's writing: the fact that Aragorn's tax policy was never explored in depth

Attached: 1542037759_122754_1542038015_noticia_normal.jpg (1200x675, 61K)

>generic US capitalism
Again you keep using that word, what's going on in almost all countries currently is Corporatism.

Attached: fake-news-quotes-01.jpg (1920x1080, 280K)

ASIAN LEGEND

Attached: 1551302980769.jpg (1920x1080, 207K)

Kek

Attached: Cowboy bebop Kek.gif (275x187, 667K)

You can call it whatever you want, it sure as hell isn't communism and the inequality between classes still exists and is only getting bigger.

Kotakuposting... has Yea Forums fully assimilated Yea Forums?
>In an interview that dates from a few years back

Miyazaki confirmed for anti-imperialist and anti-colonialist comrade? His films always had those anti-authoritarian/war, pro-ecology undertones -obliviously Princess Mononoke and Valley of the wind- so this isn’t surprising. Wonder if he still holds this position nowadays?

Attached: F2F4EDE3-71FC-4853-A421-E06B3E3E8853.png (412x462, 114K)

how did Washington know what the internet was????

moar ironic shitposting

God, you are fucking retarded

Meanwhile there is 1 country in the whole fucking world that thinks that two brothers on a bycicle invented the airplane.

You didn't invent anything dumbfuck. COPE

cope

>kotaku
>the shitholes that publishes articles like pic related

Attached: kotashit.png (1597x848, 587K)

It wasn't Japan that bombed civilians ;)

you didn't even pick a good contrarian example. You're really bad at this

Did she finally understand how great brown girls are?

they instead raped and experimented on them

Attached: 76.jpg (791x463, 79K)

Not anime

>In REALITY it's minorities.
In what reality you fucking reatrd? That was the question all along.

The thing is, "capitalism" was never an ideology. It wasn't an ideal to anyone. It was just some word socialists used to describe the modern economic system they lived under. That's why communists like the austrians and their merry group of faggots because they actually criticized marxists by defending "capitalism" and as it became more popular in the 80's the left could finally call their political enemies neoliberals and box their favorite strawman into a identifiable group of people who insist that "real capitalism has never been tried" and now everyone is equaly retarded.

I am not defending China
I am just pointing how even a place like China is better than America in a lot of stuff due to Americans being retards who pray 5 times a day to Saint Reagan(PBUH)

This has literally nothing to do with animu or mango

Has he ever been critical of his own people's glorification of samurai, the warring states period, or Oda Nobunaga?

You have a funny idea of what america is. But the funniest thing about your statement is that if it wasn't for guys like Reagan China today would be much, much poorer. If the US were to go full xenophobe mode and isolate itself while keeping the chinks from expanding themselves, the chinese wouldn't have a fraction of the industrial power they have today. A lot of nationalists in the US hate Reagan precisely for this.

How the fuck hasn't he already made an movie out of Wandering Island? It has everything he likes.

Attached: d87c84a1f62f3265f74364e28a79d17015fce25c_hq.jpg (1024x682, 127K)

>Miyazaki hates something
WOW HOLD THE PHONE THIS IS SHOCKING NEWS

It’s a country so great that you don’t even want to admit which one it is.

Lefties like Commietaku will never pass up an opportunity to shit on white people and America.

>make a living by copying disney movies
>Disneyland go back to America
Lmao

>Old man yells at cloud

miyazaki is a whiny faggot who complains about literally everything, who cares what that retard has to say

Just remember who this man is next time you act like he's a great anime director (he isn't)

>porco rosso
I love how, despite some of the dangerous situations, no one is hurt in the movie (totally not forced guys, I swear!).

Strange, you'd think something like Tom Bombadil would be right up Miyazaki's ally. I can't help but feel like he's attacking LoTR's iconic status rather than the work itself, which fits a lot of Miyazaki's theme. It's pro enviroment, the protagonists aren't perfect and are really just trying to survive, and it's about exploring a world of danger and wonder

Most coherent post here.

He's kinda too narcissistic to understand anyone's point of view but his own.

Attached: 1543390095567.jpg (360x306, 31K)

For the record, there were plenty of Germanic pagan elements in LOTR and Hobbit. The only Catholic Christian part is the idea of absolute good and absolute evil which is ironic since he would have been perceived as evil during the Early Middle Ages by the Church and then executed unless he was protected by a superficially Christian king or noble.

What's wrong with kotaku?

senile old fool who hates everything besides little girls and planes, fuck him and Anno too

funnily enough tolkien was not a fan of imperialism, you can see that with the Numenoreans

>“Lord of the Rings is like that. If it’s the enemy, there’s killing without separation between civilians and soldiers.
There isn't a single civilian killed on screen in LOTR
>Even in the Indiana Jones movies, there is a white guy who, ‘bang,’ shoots people, right? Japanese people who go along and enjoy with that are unbelievably embarrassing. You are the ones that, ‘bang,’ get shot.
You mean the white as fuck Nazis dropped by the bucketful? There's one brown guy shot in Raiders, you know who he is. The other 9 are nazis.

>There's one brown guy shot in Raiders
What about Temple of Doom?

This is the sad product of a man who bought way too much into his own genius.

Lord of the Rings is probably one of the worst examples he could have given.

What an utter fucking retard.

Attached: 1505740697061.jpg (319x319, 11K)

>There isn't a single civilian killed on screen in LOTR
What about orc civilians?

user you broke that poor man.

>Japan could have fared far worse as a Soviet satellite state.
Would we even have had anime in that timeline?

There's none. Orcs are created to be soldiers. If anything the civilians are people of other races they enslave.

>nowadays

Yes, now and ever since they were massacring and experimenting on people. Imagine that, demon rats getting demonized

Two chink gangsters and around a dozen brown cultists.

In the lord of the rings the evil men who allied with Sauron come from the east.

They made a few cool animations in the USSR so probably. It wouldn't have been nearly as prolific or diverse though and mostly state propaganda.

>All orcs are evil, lmao
You are just a racist piece of shit, like Tolkien.

they weren't taxpayers thus deserved to be killed for being a strain on the Middle Earth economy

tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Tal-Elmar_(chapter)
Tolkien literally wrote a (incomplete) story about an indigenous victim of Numenorean imperialism; something that's sad is how people criticize Tolkien for things he himself understood and wrote about, because the only thing they've only read or watched one work by him. Same thing with people who complain Tolkien didn't care about women, he has a great short story that addresses how the great male heroes ignore the women who stay behind. Then there's the discussion of the dead Easterling soldier in lotr.

did you know tolkien always regretted that he made all orcs evil and he died before figuring out a better way to do it

You can't compare some brainlet who made a few good anime to a literary master like Tolkien. And Tolkien himself was mid tier at best among the greats.

Miyazaki's mind would be a pebble compared to the greats like Sartre, Kierkegaard, and Nietszche.

I'm just describing how orcs behave in Tolkien's books, that doesn't make me a racist you stupid nigger.

could this man get anymore based?

Attached: jesus.png (500x589, 181K)

Is that interview legit?

>comparing an animator and visual artist with philosophers
I'm not a big fan of Miyazaki but this is a stupid comparison.

This fucking hack adapted British children's stories

>a man who directed multiple lupin III series complaining about mindless entertainment

An utterly stupid comparison.

We are discussing fantasy here, lad.

Oku is a bad example. He is a huge westaboo. Die Hard is referenced in almost all his manga.

A Japanese would never be able to admit that the nukes were a good thing for themselves because the event itself was so devastating to their people, even though it's a fact that they're better off for being nuked than if Russia had raped their ass sideways with a land invasion.

It's the same logic as why no Jew will ever say the holocaust was good for the surviving jews because they got Israel out of it and endless positive press, or how no african would ever admit that they're better off because their ancestors were kidnapped and brought to America so they can be born here instead of being born in some shithole African country.

People have a really hard time admitting to them selves when a horrible atrocity ends up benefiting them personally even though their own people were the victims.

Friendly reminder that Miyazaki can't be racist because only white people can be racist.
He is a pedophile though

like?

None of them die on screen.
I think it's a stretch to say there are even any civilian orcs at all, at most they're non-combat personnel doing things like forging swords, breeding more orcs, etc.

>A Japanese would never be able to admit that the nukes were a good thing for themselves
*ahem*

Attached: 1553197098280.png (1125x1600, 537K)

Attached: 1553197605450.png (1121x1600, 582K)

Sauce

>shitaku
Nigger thread? Nigger thread

Take your pills and go to bed, Miya.

Attached: miyazaki yells at cloud.png (404x304, 164K)

Underage girls. Seeing how he got drunk once and cried about not being able to fuck them.

Holy fuck, Mysayzyayayahki is a fucking cunt!

Attached: 2018AmericasSweetheart.jpg (740x416, 77K)

Howl's Moving Castle.

classic jap who ignores his own country's war crimes throughout asia and LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU, YOU DROP NUKE ON US

bet he's completely cool with their textbooks barely covering WW2

Attached: 1535384946045.gif (264x264, 802K)

ITT: whites learn that Tolkein was a racist just like HP Lovecraft. The war between Mordor and the "Humanity" is merely a war between Negroids/Mongoloids and Aryans.

Both SJW cucks that push this meme and Stormniggers that parrot it ought to be hanged.

>"Men of the West" fight against beast men under Saturn/Satan personification.

Pretty good.

this

tolkein wasn't a racist at all, he openly shit on hitler, and the entire main arc of lotr is all the different races coming together to defeat the big evil

miyasaki is your typical nerd that thinks he is in some kind of high ground for not making movies about war.
yet he created porco rosso a movie about an ex soldier crying at the death of his comrades on war and making fun of burguers.

this isnt even about racism. Its just another case of "its ok as long as im the one doing it".

Attached: 1480-666407.jpg (512x288, 54K)

>He believes Hitler's racism was the problem in WWII

Attached: eye of saturn.jpg (540x560, 55K)

>moving a thread with 300 posts from Yea Forums over to Yea Forums
Sasuga Janitor-san

> he is trying to strawman something not even mentioned to fit his own headcanon
tolkien wasn't a racist, sorry that you live in a different reality

he shits on abe

Only Brazil could out butthurt Argentina and the Falklands.

>tolkien shit on hitler
>therefore tolkien is not racist
What is that supposed to imply if not that Hitler was racist? lmao. Look at all the views of the west during the WWII, they are absolutely racist views.

Tolkien himself was British subject, to claim he didn't hold racist view at the same time as the common British subject did would be nonsensical claim. Racism was the standard view during the time he walked the earth, denial of that requires extraordinary evidence.

Was that in the book? Holy shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=FjZY2EfR-f8

racism of the time =/= OMG HE HATES BLACKS AND BELIEVES IN THE MASTER ARYAN RACE like this idiot was saying obviously tolkien had his own prejudices as a byproduct of his era but he was pretty forward thinking all things considered. the evidence is literally his life's work, where humans, elves, dwarves, hobbits, etc all unite to stop the ancient evil that would destroy man

He also admired Jews and disavowed Nazism by the way.

The Orcs are basically the "swarthy race" of the east.

That would destroy WHITE MAN. The orcs and the evil were races of the east.

I actually clinked the link and gave them money, then looked at the comments. kek

>He’s not wrong? Or controversial?

>Hollywood is terrible, even the people in Hollywood hate Hollywood. It pushes crap over art, money over people, etc. What, is Hollywood cool now or something? lol it’s one of the worst industries in the country.

>And Indiana Jones is EXCRUCIATINGLY racist, I just rewatched the first three recently and it’s pretty hard to watch them. They still have some great scenes (melting nazis, rolling boulders, snake pits, etc.) and they’re generally well made but they are on the extreme end of racism for 1980s Hollywood.
LOTR has always been racist, Tolkien was a racist, everyone knows that? In the books the Nazgul are depicted as literally just black guys riding horses, and therefor evil. The western dominance narrative is part of the point of the whole series because he believed christian white culture was best.

>As for him lumping LOTR in with American culture I mean....they star almost entirely American actors, are distributed by New Line Cinema and are NZ/American produced series. Just cuz Peter Jackson is from NZ and it’s shot there doesn’t mean it’s not an American film in terms of production or culture. His critique that it falls into a narrative of enemies = monstrous hordes all of whom must die is spot on as supporting of America’s cultural militarism. We LOVE watching movies where every single last bad guy is fucking murdered to shit and how it effects the bad guys’ lives, families, community, etc. is never depicted - just like it isn’t depicted in the news and just like it isn’t taken into account in war.

Attached: betterthanamericanlatenight.png (1276x655, 1.14M)

It’s funny to me that a maker of children’s products thinks he’s better than anyone in Hollywood. Actually, even at his own game they’ve got him beat

that middle part I meant to green text too, not my writing.

Maybe the minorites should stop behaving like orcs then?

He likes making the same young girl protagonist who solves all environmental issues by finding magic flying devices

If that was in the book all his statements were to save face.