Broomstick boy is a Force user

Don't tell me they're going to completely ignore him in peiode IX. I mean other than Rey and Kylo there is no other know Force user in the galaxy.

Attached: Star.Wars.The.Last.Jedi.2017.720p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG.mp4_snapshot_00.56.32_[2018.07.01_12.26.33]. (1280x536, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

edutopia.org/about
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's a good point. What would have been the fucking point of introducing the little shit if he's not going to be in the next one? (Aside from shameless toy advertising)

>I mean other than Rey and Kylo there is no other know Force user in the galaxy.
I think you missed the entire point of the broom boy scene.
Imagine being too stupid for a shitty flick like The Last Jedi.

The point was that they are out there. This specific one might not be in fighting shape by IX but there are more Force users than just the Jedi/Sith we know and their families

You see there is only a finite amount of force to go around. With 90% of the force users wiped out the newborn force users are super strong. This is why Rey is so powerful. At the time there where only a handful of force users alive. Broomboy will be a little weaker than Rey but the next force user born will be super strong since there are only 3 known at the moment.

Source: My ass

This. He, as an individual, doesn't matter. The scene exists to show that there's a new generation of kids that will become jedi, inspired by Luke.

The movie sucks, though

>Imagine thinking this inconsistent mess of a movie was carefully thought and every implication weighed down

Who is that kid?

I saw the movie but it was so forgettable that I don't remember.

Not being ironic btw.

>this entire shit movie

>22 yo Luke can barely pull a lightsaber
>this little shit can easily pull his broom to himself

Literally a random kid that was in no way important. They just put the last scene as random kid has force powers to show that new force users are being born. Which is dumb because there is no reason to think that is not the case already.

>doesn't use his powers to kick his master's ass

Should have just ended in pic related desu

Attached: zhywp1kh1iy2b2jhzzqt.png (2560x1049, 2.32M)

It's also to show how Luke's actions spark hope in the fight against FO. I mean, TLJ is not a subtle movie

it was clearly done to pave the way for future movies. disneyfied movies with jedi kids and such. all sorts of garbage in perpetuity. hopefully they damaged the brand enough to shelve all the stupid ideas they were destroying the old lore for. darkside/lightside and skywalkers is a limited well for disney shit

>thinking a character's relationship with and control of the force aught to be used as a character building and storytelling tool

wow, everybody look at this fucking retard

Attached: 1539359129365.jpg (570x539, 135K)

What an odd shot that was.
I mean, I liked it, but it felt completely different than the rest of the movie.

>I mean other than Rey and Kylo there is no other know Force user in the galaxy.
says who?

>jovial after most of their friends and comrades were killed
makes sense

Yes, Lucas certainly wouldn't have cast a little kid in his movies. At least not for a major part. It's all Disney

take the lore back to the ANH idea that ANYONE could be force sensitive. That it was just a cosmic thing that you could train yourself to harness.

Before all the muh father autism and then WAY before the prequels nerfed everything, it wasn't supposed to JUST be fucking jedi faggots or sith faggots that could use the force.

There are probably like trillions of people in their universe. A lot of them probably have all kinds of magical bullshit

this is heavily implied to the point of triteness.
Snoak / Kylo consider the 300 person rebellion their only threat to galactic domination, and the empire or whatever they're called have enough resources and loyalists in every corner of the galaxy to be relatively well-informed

I like how Rey and Leia try to convince us that Luke's death like a fart in the wind was meaningless and happy by literally spelling to the audience. It's like they knew he died like a bitch but tried to brainwash the viewer.

Attached: Star.Wars.The.Last.Jedi.2017.720p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG.mp4_snapshot_02.22.12_[2018.04.01_22.25.55]. (1280x536, 39K)

you're right and that IS what rian johnson was trying to do. but wtf why? we already know people are randomly force users and anyone can be a force user. anakin himself was a nobody son of a slave woman in a shitty desert planet. that's THE force user. this whole idea of "we're breaking the system! now ANYONE could be a force user" is just horse shit. it already was that way.

But TLJ clearly shows us this not to be the case. One of the main themes of the movie is that neither Jedi nor Sith have monopoly on Force.

why should people even give a shit about the Broomstick boy when all the old characters are gone and the new ones suck?

Anakin was Sheev’s Force son though.

source:
your ass

Have you watched too many Marvel movies? Broom boy isn't supposed to be some sort of new character. He's supposed to symbolize the proliferation of the force and also to show us how Luke inspired a new generation without physically fighting Ren. Come on, this is not even subtext, it's all there in plain sight

Where is all this Luke inspiration stuff coming from? Broomboy has no idea what went down on salt planet.

And isn't Finn force sensitive? And Leia clearly was after her magical journey through the vacuum of space.

Gotta figure if Snoak's empire knew there was a kid who could move a broom with the force, he would have made sure that kid got abducted. We see the empire's reach and sphere of influence on civilian planets in TFA when she tries to sell the droid and even that random asshole pawn broker knew they wanted it

But whoa internet buddy, let's not go so far as to call any of the content in TLJ a "main theme". Luke spouts off some incoherent shit about the force not belonging to the jedi, but even he goes full lawful good to return to save the day. And every single character in the film is rigidly light or dark side aligned, including every force user

he was playing with those toys as if he knew user

>WAY before the prequels nerfed everything, it wasn't supposed to JUST be fucking jedi faggots or sith faggots that could use the force.
It still is. Prequels never negated that.

>There are probably like trillions of people in their universe. A lot of them probably have all kinds of magical bullshit

Dagoyan Masters, The Nightsisters and Lasat Priestesses are just a handful of countless religions/cults/groups that revolve around using the Force. The Jedi and Sith were just the most widespread and powerful of these groups.

Leia always was. She could sense Luke in the OT. She just doesn't have much/developed powers and her superman shit was just instinct kicking in.

Attached: mickey.gif (352x268, 569K)

Why did all of a sudden force users started proliferating?

Personally I feel like JJ is going to do a whole lot of ignoring TLJ

>Luke becomes mythologized due to events at Crait ("spark that'll light the fire" etc.)
>Luke's point that the Jedi don't own the Force
>It's about belief, not your midichlorian levels
So basically this

>Hey gurl good to see you how about those five hundred people that died today pretty rad huh

>In the OT, if you're force sensitive with no training, you can sense your siblings
>In the ST, if you're force sensitive with no training, you can survive explosions that suck you into the vacuum of space
>This is the same fucking character

Attached: 1539359381255.jpg (513x307, 41K)

sssshhhhhh only rey is special

>close your eyes, believe in the Force, that's it, you're a Jedi master too now
>good storytelling

It's a neat way of showing that people have latent talents. He literally moves the broom a couple of inches. It doesn't mean that no training is required. Otoh if you mean Rey, then I'm inclined to agree with you.

>It's a neat way of showing that people have latent talents
No, it's a dumb way to say anybody can be a Jedi and it requires no effort, no trainig, no studying. This kind of narrative is meant for people ho don't like challenges and want to be a superhero overnight. Star Wars ws never that. George made a point of showing that Luke had to train and a lot to learn to become a Jedi, he never believed he was a Jedi until Yoda told him his training was complete and he had to apply the teachings. George created a fundation Edutopia and always stressed ot how education is important because that's how he became a filmmaker. Don't expect that from hacks like JJ, Rian and KK because they git there through their connections, not the skills they never acquired.
edutopia.org/about

But TLJ never tries to portray that anyone can be a Jedi. How do you arrive to that interpretation?

Like I said, instinct. Leia doesn't know how to use her force powers but that doesn't mean she can't. Literally the same thing for every single medium where characters have supernatural powers. Someone always instinctively uses them when otherwise fucked.

Reminder that Anakin as a child could pilot a pod racer because his instincts where heightened by the force.

Attached: rian_hope.png (717x1023, 439K)

>broomstick boy is a force user

finncucks seething. based rian dared to snub a girl and a black kid to make a white boy the new jedi.

Luke: The sacred Jedi texts!
Yoda: Okay it is, when the Jews do it.

Attached: TheForceIsFemale.jpg (1280x604, 195K)

>And isn't Finn force sensitive?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

this. classic tell when you failed to show.

>Luke dies like a bitch
>"Cool, he died with piece and purpose"
>Poe crashes another ship 2 min after taking off
>"One helluva pilot!" "can fly anything"

yep

>Reminder that Anakin as a child could pilot a pod racer because his instincts where heightened by the force.
Yeah, and that's completely different from beating Darth Maul in a lightsaber duel. That's what would be the equivalent of what happens in TFA

>finncucks seething. based rian dared to snub a girl and a black kid to make a white boy the new jedi.
It's literally a bone they're throwing. surely white boys will gobble everything else if we make a make white boy janitor capable of moving his broom from a distance. The janitor thing is a pattern, it's really the lowest job one can get and in the Fembuster movie, the white male incel villain happens to be a janitor as well.

I don’t know why people were shitting on the broom boy. That last scene had such a Star Wars purity about it and I thought it was a fantastic scene. Just wish it didn’t feel jarring after the last scene with everyone on the Falcon.

Why is everyone saying Luke died like a bitch? He astral projected across the galaxy. Not even Yoda could pull that shit off. He went out showing that he was one of the most powerful jedi of all time.

I would say piloting a pod racer is a little more advanced than moving a broom 2 feet.

Is this how it made you feel?

Attached: 1530307818256.jpg (1162x1193, 677K)

Or blowing up the Death Star without a targeting computer because a voice said “use the force”. Fucking Mary Sue’s am I right?

>Kylo kills his own father in cold blood
>there's still good in him

He's a living embodiment of the egalitarianism they are trying to push. Previously, the Star Wars movies were largely centered around a specific bloodline with special Force powers. the underlying message here is that anyone can have force powers and it's not genetic.

>Why is everyone saying Luke died like a bitch? He astral projected across the galaxy. Not even Yoda could pull that shit off. He went out showing that he was one of the most powerful jedi of all time.
Yeah let's invent a new skill that nobody heard about just because we don't want him to be actually there and steal the show from Mary Sue. i mean who would care that she can lift boulders if there's Luke walking around?

>I would say piloting a pod racer is a little more advanced than moving a broom 2 feet.
Riding a podracer is nothing magical, I don't see how you think it's more advanced

Is it Mark Hamill's son in the background? He must be pissed being associated with that stupid article

>the ONLY human capable of doing it is a 9 year old
>nothing magical

What's wrong with inventing new ways to use the force? Should we just stick with what we had in OT? Reminder that force lightning was once a new skill in ROTJ.

That's kind of dumb and it ruins the whole Jedi/Sith dynamic if there are a bunch of people out there with force powers they learned to use on their own.

Because Star Wars fans don’t like new things. This has been the case since the prequels came out.

HEY KIDS, UNCLE MICKEY HERE, DON'T YOU WANT TO GO OUT AND BUY YOUR SECRET RESISTENCE DECODER RINGA DN BECOME LITTLE JEDI'S TOO ALTHOUGH YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO ONE TO LOOK UP TO IN THESE MOVIES STARRING WOMEN, NIGGERS AND MINORITIES!?! WHAT, YOU CAN'T IDENTIFY WITH THEM?!? YOU FUCKING RACIST PIECE OF SHIT WHITE MALE PATRIARCHY COCKMASTER, HOW FUCKING DARE YOU!!! WE SHIT ALL OVER 75% OF FANDOM (WHITE MALES) AND YOU DON'T WANT TO SUPPORT OUT FEMINAZI\SJW DOGMA?!? FUCK YOU, MICKEY WILL FEAST ON YOUR FLESH, EAT YOUR SOULS AND SHIT THEM INTO HELL WHERE WALT DISNEY RULES FOR ETERNITY AS YOU PERISH IN FLAME!!!FACT!!!

Jedi/Sith is just an ideaogy on how to control and channel your raw power and become more in tune with it. You don’t sign up and then get force access.

>>Luke becomes mythologized due to events at Crait ("spark that'll light the fire" etc.)

Yet 30 years after helping take down the Empire, Luke is somehow forgotten!!!FACT!!!

Episode 9 will have a timeskip from ep8. They might be so bold as to make it a ten year skip (to also explain Ridley's... "changing" appearance).
We can probably expect broom boy to show up halfway through the film when the heroes are running away and he'll show them that the rebellion isn't dead or some crap, since he's the leader (or 2nd in command to a strong woke woman) of a ragtag team of outcasts that want to help

Where do you think the Jedi and Sith came from? Literally random people learning to use force powers on their own and then training others, starting orders and picking a name for themselves.

>You don’t sign up and then get force access.
It would work more cohesively from a world building/storytelling standpoint if it actually worked like that (with force-sensitivity being a prerequisite of course). It would then make sense why the Jedi would have become so uptight and why relative to them, there were so few Sith/evil Force users.

I think it's what Star Wars needs. They need to get away from this Rebellion vs Empire shit, get away from Sith and Jedi. They've got a whole Galaxy of shit to explore and the movies ever only focus on the same thing over and over and over again. Having more people being force users that can have their own style of using it that wasn't imposed on them by a master would be neat. They just need to find someone who can write a good story that just happens to take place in the Star Wars world without doing what we've already seen before and maybe add new things to it.

Then why isn't there 500 more orders just like freemason lodges?

He gets a small mention in one of the books. Apparently got trampled to death by a feverish space horse.

>What an adventure we've just had! Oh, we must tell Gatsby of this day!

Their spirit sure is up considering 99% of their friends are floating in space.

There are

>Dagoyan Masters, The Nightsisters and Lasat Priestesses are just a handful of countless religions/cults/groups that revolve around using the Force

>not be in fighting shape
that's what you think

Threadly reminder that Jedi is a cult that takes children from their homes as soon as they are able to use the force in an observable manner (pulling.pushing toys around, etc)
the galaxy would be full of regular force users that have no affiliation with a cult religion (jedi or sith) if it wasn't for the jedi collecting them all

>Source: My ass
can I see it?

Take that up with George.

By what mechanism did the Jedi manage find each and every child like this. The galaxy is pretty dang big after all and the window of finding them while they are still so young is pretty small.

>Luke Skywalker, a symbol of hope across the galaxy, decides to drop the mantle of Luke Skywalker, to become a symbol of hope
I believe ryan got an overdose of onions from all his involvement in this

Attached: 53010788_10157279103210337_6877962152527790080_n.jpg (800x784, 113K)

>FUCK YOU, MICKEY WILL FEAST ON YOUR FLESH, EAT YOUR SOULS AND SHIT THEM INTO HELL WHERE WALT DISNEY RULES FOR ETERNITY AS YOU PERISH IN FLAME!!!FACT!!!
this made me kek

no pls no

In IX, they're going to reveal that anyone can be a force user, if they believe, and the Jedi/Sith were only special in that they trained an ability all life in the galaxy innately possesses.

by using the force

Midichlorians say otherwise

No it wasn't. Sith came from exiled Jedi who wanted to do more with the Force. It originated from one organization.

They had midichlorian-radars. Imagine the dragonball radar, and then replace it with midichlorians and voila

>people break off from one order, teach themselves, train others, start their own faction and pick a name for themselves

How does this refute my statement again?

Quigon stated Midichlorians are in every living being in Episode 1, that the connection between Midis and the Force wasn't well known, and that Force Adeptiveness and midi count was connected somehow.

It could be that Quigon had it the other way around; instead of Midis allowing people to use the Force, maybe Midis are attracted to people who can use the Force

The one ridden by Rose Tico?

Attached: Star.Wars.The.Last.Jedi.2017.720p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG.mp4_snapshot_01.08.19_[2018.07.01_12.16.22]. (1280x536, 49K)

Then if everyone could be a force user then they would be equally attracted to everyone.

Not necessarily.

Everyone has muscles, not everyone is a bodybuilder

>Before all the muh father autism and then WAY before the prequels nerfed everything, it wasn't supposed to JUST be fucking jedi faggots or sith faggots that could use the force.
I know you are a OTard Reddit Media lover and can't understand movies made to little childrens but there's nothing in the prequels or the entire EU saying that only the Sith and the Jedis can use the force

Because the Sith started from the Jedi? They had a basis on how they learned to use the Force, it wasn't just random.

Not that user, but it's literally canon according to Disney. Go fuck yourself.

So now that there's more people using the force apart from Rey that mean she will loses his Mary Sues powers or what?

Since the Republic seems to be rather shit and Luke's greatest triumphs were performed during the Empire, I'm fine with him not being a celebrity.
I doubt the Empire advertised they lost the Death Star in the media they surely controlled
>Yeah, we had this secret planet destroying weapon we haven't told you about. But, it doesn't matter cause it's gone now. Destroyed by this young fella called Luke Skywalker. Can you believe it? He just blew it up. We shall watch his progress in the upcoming years.

After that he accomplished nothing to brag about in ESB and his victory in ROTJ is a rather personal one and it happened with no living witnesses around.

The entire thing with Rey being the force awaken?

from shills

>MOOOM NOW I CAN BEEE A JEEEDI MOMMY MOMMY I'M SPECIAL THAT MEANIE LUCAS WAS WRONG MOMMY I CAN BEE A JEEDI MOMMY YAAAAAAY

Attached: 15156285332AAA.gif (726x400, 1.36M)

>It could be that Quigon had it the other way around; instead of Midis allowing people to use the Force, maybe Midis are attracted to people who can use the Force
user that's literally what Quigon said Midis are attracted to people strong with the force and if you don't have Midis that's mean you are shit with it

I don't understand this notion that broom boy means that everyone's suddenly a jedi master without any training. Surely even in PT days force sensitive people manifested their skills in some way before starting some sort of formalized training.

Lucas literally wrote that anyone can be a Jedi so long as they have a decent midichlorian count and can channel the force through them. Broom Boy is no different.

It's the way he was introduced, randomly at the end of the movie. This boy isn't special, he has Force powers. We are now led to think there are millions of other kids on other planets who are just like him. Rian admitted they discussed that scene a lot, they weren't sure they wanted to inclde it. It's a movie made by a committee.

And where did the Jedi come from?

Honestly you could show this film at West Point and say do literally the exact opposite of this character and pump out decent officers

No, there are no other Jedi or Sith. People still have connections to the force but the religions are dead

>We are now led to think there are millions of other kids on other planets who are just like him

That is exactly how it always worked. Some random kid is force sensitive and then the jedi come and take him. The only difference is there where no jedi to take him now.

All these kids where just random kids on some random planet.

Attached: Bear_Clan.png (1280x542, 931K)

Is there ever going to be a Jedi in Disney Wars that actually needs TRAINING?!?!

FUCK ME! NO ONE PUTS ANY WORK INTO THESE MOVIES INCLUDING THE FUCKING CHARACTERS! THEY JUST EFFORTLESSLY FUCK AROUND AND ATTACK THE FANS IF THEY DON'T FORK OVER ENOUGH MONEY!

Attached: 1550624674427.webm (880x452, 2.9M)

I wanna know what the fuck happened between episode 6 and 7.

Like the empire was defeated and then out of fucking nowhere they are basically in charge again by episode 8 and there is only like 100 people in the entire fucking galaxy that belongs to the rebels?

Get the fuck out of here.

We all do man. There was 0 fucking reason to give a 30+ year gap when nothing is going to be explained about the period in between. It's the laziest form of storytelling. They cover up their stupid lazy writing by making shitty tv shows that no one over the age of 12 is going to watch.

What makes it worse is that you have 30+ years where the republic reforms and the empire fades away, but for some reason the republic goes back to having no fucking army, no planets within the republic have an army, and somehow the empire forces that have faded away somehow developed the technology to convert an entire planet into a death star which can wipe out several planets at once thousands of lightyears away. It makes 0 fucking sense.

Say what you want about Star Wars, I don't think anyone really believes it was amazing or that the lore was groundbreaking to begin with, but to drag it through this shit smeared mud even further is so sad... People's childhoods have been ruined twice over.

Attached: 124251616.png (1920x1198, 351K)

Kind of how SJW's view other people. They're expendable as long as they personally live. Would they have given a shit if Rose died if she never met Finn?

They killed the emperor and the deathstar II but the empire was massive. It literally spanned the entire galaxy. Sure the leader was dead but thats only like 10% of the entire empire. Snoak just came in and said I'm in charge of this shit now. And then some guy said "fuck you i'm in charge" and Snoak used his force powers to crumple that guy into a ball and everyone else was like "HOLY FUCK, ok that guy is in charge" and then he brought the rest of the Empire under his control and renamed it the first order.

Luckily we will never need to know where Snoak came from and how he got so godlike powerful because it wasn't important to Rey :^)

A couple of days happened. That's it. A few days have passed. Don't ask questions incel, just eat the watery shit The Mouse shits out for you and scream for more. Oh, and The Force is Female. The problem is this trilogy isn't a trilogy, it's three movies with the same characters. There's no story because that takes too much work for the writers. Think of them as a shitty childrens' TV show where all the writers are waiting for their big break, that's how the story group treats Star Wars now. A shitty TV show with a bigger budget.

Attached: 1515873485361.webm (850x464, 2.17M)

I feel like there was such a wasted opportunity for what you could do with a leaderless and resource deprived Empire. Clearly there'd be a huge power vacuum after space wizard Hitler bites it, that you could have different splinter groups of the Empire vying for control of the remaining territories and resources. Hell you could even have actual good or less evil parts of the Empire rather than them all being power hungry yelling cunts like in the sequels

Like in Solo ?

Why did they pick such a weird looking kids for this, what were they going for? They don't look like anything, they don't look stern, they don't look like they've seen shit, they just look like a bunch of ugly kids, this casting legally says nothing about the characters and that means whoever conducted it failed.

To be fair we don't know why he decided to evaporate. Books mention that it was a part of some ritual, but what is its purpose, we don't know. He certainly did it willingly and didn't look distraught, so 'peace and purpose' is accurate.

I like how, through the lack of a comma, that title implies the film has many controversial scenes.

user, I...

Attached: Screenshot_20190322-012431~2.png (1080x816, 785K)

Except it's not you retard.

>there is no other know Force user in the galaxy
Exactly. They're unknown, but the point is that there are unnumbered people out there with force potential like broomboy or Rey, and all they need is the inspiration to rise up and explore their abilities. I hate it, for the record.

why didn't she use the other two ships to hyperspace ram the evil white males.

>Before all the muh father autism and then WAY before the prequels nerfed everything, it wasn't supposed to JUST be fucking jedi faggots or sith faggots that could use the force.
yes it was, it always was.

>Implying it isn't the broom that has the force instead of the boy

Think about it logically

Attached: force user.png (105x436, 82K)

Rian said that the kids were recreating the Hoth battle.
The fact that he aped ESB didn't help with the confusion though.

Its been 30 years, many of those were spent with Luke near by and still some of you dips insist that she is untrained? She didnt become a monk. She didnt dedicate herself to the force. She DID learn how to pull. For fuck sake, guys.

why the absolute FUCK did they save the stupid dog horses instead of freeing the CHILDREN. this movie is fucking retarded. the kid even looks at the stupid fucking ring that rose wears and looks at her with hope in his eyes, then they just free the stupid fucking rabbit dog horses. this movie is STUPID

A religion based around the force. The force was a thing before the Jedi. Because, obviously, it’s built into the fabric of the universe.

Could be because the kids were slaves that have things in their heads that kill them if they escape. This is briefly touched upon in TPM. But I have no citation on whether or not this is the case with the kids in TLJ.

And where did the religion come from?

The answer will inevitably be random people learning this shit on their own, teaching others, forging their faction, and choosing a name thus proving my base point.

Yes.