This is the best historical movie ever made

This is the best historical movie ever made.

Attached: kingdom of heaven.png (268x402, 224K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/X8zCv0AHnCs?t=257
youtube.com/watch?v=27dp4T4Ep0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=XDv-iV1gFgo
youtube.com/watch?v=uIFpeBwfvbc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's comfy

"best" is pushing it

That would actually be 300, sorry to say.

I prefer Lord of the Rings

Post a better one.

Fuck no

Fantasy

These.

>This is the best historical movie ever made.
I love the movie, but as an accurate historical depiction it's not good. Which is fine, I'm watching a movie to watch a movie, if I want /his/ I'll read about it.
If you like the movie, or like history, get into the crusades. Heroes on both sides!

Fuck yes.

>Heroes on both sides
Good man. We have records that there was actually quite a lot of respect between crusaders and Saracens, each admiring the others best warriors.

Attached: 889f42fa39b8e9b78330a6b4aac91b3b.jpg (472x700, 65K)

Agreed

Actual best historical movie coming through

Attached: p898_p_v8_aa.jpg (960x1440, 484K)

The only true contender, but it's just not as sexy

we all this is the top one.
rest is up for debate

Attached: 1525527082484.jpg (304x445, 32K)

/thread

Can you imagine the smelle of wearing all that shit in the middle of the desert

REMINDER THAT THERE IS NO BLOCKBUSTER PORTRAYING THE CRUSADES AS A GOOD THING LET ALONE GLORIFYING THEM.
>REMINDER THAT THERE IS NO BLOCKBUSTER PORTRAYING THE CRUSADES AS A GOOD THING LET ALONE GLORIFYING THEM.
REMINDER THAT THERE IS NO BLOCKBUSTER PORTRAYING THE CRUSADES AS A GOOD THING LET ALONE GLORIFYING THEM.
>REMINDER THAT THERE IS NO BLOCKBUSTER PORTRAYING THE CRUSADES AS A GOOD THING LET ALONE GLORIFYING THEM.

Wrong. Immortals (2011) with Henry Cavill is by far and away the best.

Attached: immortals.webm (1280x688, 2.87M)

>This is the best historical movie ever made.

Attached: brainlet.png (1200x1335, 269K)

nah

Attached: c20830d34661eb86955c9f7b965fd69b.jpg (736x1096, 232K)

well obviously, it was a series of wars.

Attached: 1553121435629.jpg (644x800, 35K)

Tarsem's weakest movie out of the one I've seen (and I've seen them all, except for the Julia Roberts one).

Zulu

Attached: Volley fire.gif (320x135, 1.08M)

If you wan another good historical crusades movie look no further than Ironclad this movie kicks so much fucking ass.

Attached: ironclad-officialposter.jpg (500x741, 180K)

Attached: armour.png (640x261, 234K)

Centurion (2010)

Attached: centurion_2010.jpg (1600x1063, 312K)

>tfw your girth expands and you need more of everything

Attached: Henry VIII armour.jpg (3198x1311, 393K)

Patton or The Passion of the Christ

>from comfy to sweltering

Low budget kino with incredibly cute Poots, sexy Olga and big dick Fassbender.

good performance from giamatti, shitty TV movie visuals. a shame.

1527 is so fucking kino. looks like he deified himself

Immortals is kinography incarnate

>from the director of Prometheus

>1520
>skirt

lmao what a big gay

>mfw those are supposed to be titans they are fighting

Attached: 1532278190425.jpg (466x466, 64K)

Nice gif, grandad lmao.

Attached: Zulu.webm (960x407, 3M)

Attached: the right stuff.jpg (307x445, 36K)

I like dances with wolves and last of the Mohicans

Prometheus is absolute kino.

Patrician

It was pretty good but we all know Master and Commander was better.

For me, it has to be, in my humble opinion, Excalibur.

Attached: captain picard, richard bucket and julius caesar in excalibur.webm (800x450, 2.97M)

>Prometheus is absolute kino

Attached: 1480047573477.jpg (307x272, 33K)

Please develop some taste.

Attached: StopReaction.jpg (720x960, 89K)

Attached: lel jp.gif (229x176, 987K)

Henry should have played Henry instead of Charles Brandon in The Tudors.

Attached: Henry Cavill the Tudors.jpg (736x1104, 135K)

are you sure you're talking about Ironclad? The visual effects are so minimal what the fuck does it matter? or are you one of those fags that says
>thats not what cutting someones tongue out does
>you can't lose a hand like that and keep screaming
kind of shit?

Yes, but it technically doesn't qualify.
Get over it, losers.

Not nearly enough scenes of the Gods.

>posts s0i meme
>is king s0i himself

Escape Plan was a good film. Deal with it.

bluepilled
fuck you

Come on guys.

Attached: first-knight-movie-poster-1995-1020190197.jpg (520x777, 39K)

Kingdom of Heaven is about as "historical" as Excalibur.

I've seen some baits in my day, but damn that's going pretty hard user

>richard gere
>kino

Wasn't me and no, disliking Prometheus is an indicator for being a s󠀀oy consumer, not the other way around.
Nope. Doesn't have magicians.

Nothing like it will ever be made again

Attached: hqdefault(4).jpg (480x360, 10K)

Das Boot is the best and there are many others that are better.

Attached: battle_for_falklands.webm (710x350, 2.49M)

>Yes, but it technically doesn't qualify.

Next thing you'll be telling us is that King Arthur (2017) doesn't qualify either and it was a terrible film.

Attached: king arthur-3.webm (1024x426, 2.9M)

>that enfield in the front of the second rank

I don't know man, some of these fights in Kingdom of Heaven sure look magical to me.

Attached: laughing cena.gif (193x200, 2.2M)

>not Mark Addy

Attached: 1536863912944.jpg (720x795, 508K)

I really really liked Sean Bean's Black Death.

Attached: Black Death Sean Bean.jpg (2480x3508, 1.5M)

>movie based on fantasy
>when it's fantasy people get angry

really confusing

>watashi no king Arthur densetsu

>Wasn't me
>disliking Prometheus is an indicator for being a s󠀀oy consumer, not the other way around.

Attached: cutlel.gif (360x245, 1.85M)

Not the same poster but apart from 2-3 scenes I wouldn't call King Arthur "terrible", at least when compared to highly overrated stuff like Kingdom of Heaven.

we need cgi to get cheaper before an action scene could be possible fighting 20ft beings

I see this is the thread for films women will never truly understand.

Attached: the eagle 2011.jpg (1119x1600, 349K)

Fellas...please...be rational here, I’m sure you’ll all agree that this is the best historical film ever made

Attached: 185E20B0-8D31-47DD-8434-99E1A8900481.jpg (315x445, 34K)

Yes and no. It was rather bland but had a great soundtrack.
Doesn't matter.
Brainlet.

>pleb taste exposed
>"b-bwainwet"
No one's falling for it, just give up.

>the Codpeice on the 1540

>historical movies thread
>zero mention of Master and Commander

Wtf has happened to this board is it full of women now

>pleb taste
>No one's falling for it
Kek. The absolute state of plebs.

I honestly agree, at least in terms of modern historical movies. Some of the older ones from the 60's, 70's and 80's were arguably better.

Attached: 63EA9136-1246-40F5-AC46-3DF7AA80E4C9.png (268x402, 166K)

It was so historically accurate that it slips below many people's radars - apart from the fact in the books they're chasing an American ship rather than a French one.

Attached: master and commander-2.webm (1152x480, 2.77M)

>DUDE ROME SHOULD BE A REPUBLIC AGAIN BUT ONLY AFTER IM DONE BEING EMPEROR LOL

Attached: 1532648901243.jpg (1783x2693, 462K)

>n-no u!
lmao, seriously, that's it?

Attached: brainlet1.jpg (1462x2046, 121K)

Taste too good for this thread and this board.

Henry was a ginger though

I was waiting for someone to post this, lol. Kingdom of Heaven is pretty historical compared to Gladiator. Commodus was just totally wrong.

He wasn't in The Tudors, they didn't ginger up Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Watch Wolf Hall if you want a ginger Henry.

Attached: Damian Lewis King Henry VIII Wolf Hall.jpg (1334x2000, 777K)

FUCK THE REPUBLIC AND FUCK MARCUS

Torrenting all these movies lads thanks for the info

This was the most faithful adaptation of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice novel for sure.

Attached: 15487035382.jpg (2000x3000, 464K)

Nice. I wanted Fassbender to seduce the mute pict lady to his side

>thinks appealing to reddit opinions doesn't make him a pleb
Add Apocalypto, Alatriste, Braveheart, Outlaw King and Troy.
Was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be.
She was way too angry but I bet her tongue game would've been insane.

>Wolf Hall
Ah yes. "What If Thomas More was seen as a twat": the tv show

But honestly the 1995 BBC series is a 10/10.

Attached: pride-and-prejudice-1995-Featured-Image.jpg (1920x1080, 468K)

This is what zoomers actually believe are historical. one is a literal comic book, come on guys.

Attached: ds.png (1000x625, 509K)

Yes but worth watching for Mark Rylance at least.

Attached: mark-rylance-344.jpg (2000x1500, 374K)

replace outlaw king with rob roy. outlaw king is just the poor man's braveheart.

300 was historically accurate to propaganda from Spartans. Prove me wrong, you zoomer accusing twat. Patton was just propaganda.

I love this movie. The scale is just insane.

Watch more movies.

I have watched Wolf Hall and it was tip top kino
>tfw the king falls asleep at his own banquet and nobody knows what the fuck to do

>reddit opinions
Doesn't get more reddit than Prometheus.

Haven't seen Rob Ro, so I can't comment but Outlaw King is way different than Braveheart. The charisma of the respective leads differentiates significantly, action is much more theatrical in Outlaw King, as is general direction.

Idk when i watched it i still sympathized with moore. Its not as if we have endless kino including fucking shaespeare himself depicting moore as a total hero and cromwell the villain.

>doesn't get more reddit than shitting on Prometheus
ftfy

I liked Outlaw King it was kino.

Proof?

extended version was so boring

why are extended versions of epics always so fucking boring

Dear god, at least have directors cut or something there. A poor, stupid motherfucker might look at the theatrical version and think you're lying

I liked the Sharpe series.

Attached: 154870356743.webm (720x405, 2.92M)

Lurk any of the Prometheus threads and see how barely anyone shitting on it gets any of the plotpoints. Almost as bad as with the Batman v Superman threads. Reddit is the epitome of hubris after all.
It's much better though.

>Lurk any of the Prometheus threads and see how barely anyone shitting on it gets any of the plotpoints.
New as fuck. No one who isn't retarded has trouble following the story, it just isn't good.

Lots of people apparently do. I bet you're one of them.

>Kingdom of Heaven
>Historical movie

Attached: 07C09BCA-7A4E-499D-A867-D4332E20F978.jpg (258x245, 12K)

Never seen it. Is it worth a watch?

>Lots of people apparently do.
Proof?

Yes. They're pretty low budget and the quality can vary, but overall they're a damn fine watch.

Again, look up the threads. There are probably still a few freshly archived ones.

Small budget with small battles, but yeah why not Sean Bean is good and there are cameos from lots of good actors.

Attached: sharpe-53.webm (1280x720, 2.63M)

So, nothing.

Thomas More was a fanatic but also very intelligent and principled. No fan of Popery but Wolf Hall is amazing shit, any character not Cromwell is a ridiculous cackling villain.

>Thomas More was a fanatic but also very intelligent and principled.
This is entirely how he came across as in the show.
>any character not Cromwell is a ridiculous cackling villain.
This just isnt true.

Only soibois wouldn't like this.

You unbelievers have no taste, its either this or Ben Hur. Both movies come from a better time.

Attached: 220px-The-Message.jpg (220x323, 37K)

I liked it, but Clash of the Titans (1981) is still one of the better historical-fantasy films and Judi Bowker is just lovely.

Attached: Judi Bowker.jpg (640x546, 82K)

Attached: lifeofbrian2.jpg (1920x1080, 388K)

Great movie but historically bad. Commodus wasn't that bad if a guy irl, he just had a weird obsession for the gladiator games. Maximus was the real dickhead

Do they actually portray Muhammad? How'd they get away with it?

Attached: god wills it.jpg (400x300, 9K)

Attached: 1405791653819.webm (1280x544, 1.23M)

How to prove you have a room temp IQ: the response

300 was a masterpiece BECAUSE it was overdone. Its some sick cunt spartan telling a story about bitch boy persians to his mates, a Herodotus exaggeration

We need more shows like Outlaw King

Attached: Outlaw.King.2018.1080p.NF.WEBDL.DDP5.1.H264CMRGEtHD_7.webm (900x506, 2.76M)

Who the largest trebuchet ever built, /warwolf/, here?

Attached: outlaw king-warwolf.webm (900x506, 2.82M)

Attached: Outlaw King Knights.jpg (1280x1068, 451K)

Scotland would have been so boned if Edward I didnt die of dysentery

I was bored. Gladiator was better

I can't decide who I hate more. Kevin Costner or Richard Gere.

The movie was also very shit.

>Kevin Costner

The thing is, the 1991 Robin Hood is still the best most recently made Robin Hood film.

The series is good for middle aged housewives.

t. Frank "I hate Persians so let me do some Heroin" Miller

I've never in my life seen the Sharpe series described as houswife kino. Not sure where you're getting that from, it's mainly for middle-aged and above men.

Attached: Sharpe - sharpe's siege.webm (720x405, 2.94M)

You say that like its a bad thing

>1991 Robin Hood is still the best most recently made Robin Hood film.

Why not the 2010 version with Russel Crowe?

Kingdom of Heaven shouldn’t even Ben classified as a historical movie, because of how incredibley historically inaccurate it is. It’s almost as bad as braveheart. And besides even without the historical accuracy problem, it’s still a terrible movie

Women absolutely love the colonial and imperial era setting. Especially if it's romance.

>*shouldnt even be*
Damn autocorrect

Which quest of Witcher 2 is this from

I see you're a Poldark kind of person.

Attached: Eleanor Tomlinson-Poldark.jpg (1920x2881, 436K)

It is.

You see her breasts in Colette, and they're glorious.

This is unironically my favourite movie of all time

Excellent use of cg desu

>Commodus wasn't that bad

He was literally worse. He spent years killing random tied-up peasants and animals in the arena and he renamed everything including the empire after himself, trying to make himself into some kind of deity. there's a reason he was taken out

'historical'

they just took the names and some events and then made up new characters to sell the idea that christians are evil and mudslimes are good and Jews dindu nuffin.

Its shit like this that makes me believe Tom Delonge is telling the truth about the government hiring him to prepare the public for aliens announcement.

This movie came out like 15 year ago? And its all MKultra mind control shit to make us think Muslims are good buys and christians are evil.

Furthermore Commodus' reign is considered by historians to be the exact moment the Roman Empire began its long decline.

>the exact moment
take more care with your words, as the exact moment would've been when his pops opted for a dynastic successor

Attached: Portrait_of_Aymer_de_Valence,_Earl_of_Pembroke,_A.D._1315_(4672100).jpg (1066x1343, 141K)

Wolf Hall is 10/10. Where is the second season?

If Aurelius' dynastic successor was actually competent it would not have been start of the decline.

Attached: MV5BOWEwODJmZDItYTNmZC00OGM4LThlNDktOTQzZjIzMGQxODA4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_.jpg (1944x2880, 1.62M)

>Where is the second season?

Whenever the silly bitch finishes the next novel.

Aurelian inherited a working fucking system you dumb fucking nigger. He litteraly had 3 emperors before him who chose not to make the next emperor from their bloodline but from a competent adult. It fucking sickens me that meditations is taken so seriously when it was made by the literal definition of hypocrisy. Commodus at least I can understand because it's obvious he didn't care for reigning. The blame lands on aurelius who was MUH SEED instead of thinking like the better men before him.

I don't think anyone has mentioned "A Man for All Seasons" yet.

I liked it.

Attached: rush-6.webm (800x332, 2.95M)

Eh septimius severus was a decent emperor. Diocletian and Constantine also revitalized the empire. The west was kind of doomed to disintegrate.

Unironically The Crown.

Attached: Claire-Foy-The-Crown.jpg (1074x1613, 73K)

The reason the three previous emperors chose was because they had no sons of their own

Really? Its more of the guy who choose the successor instead of the man actually responsible? Are you a female who cannot into personal responsibilitu because it really seems like you are.

Why is Sharpe working with Frenchmen?

So theres actually a chance that there will be a second season? I thought it was done

This
Easily better than any film ITT

I don't hate the Persians at all, though. I just think 300 is the most historically accurate movie ever made.

It never reached the point it was before commodus disasterous reign but i agree diocletian and commodus were truly based and tried their damned hardest to reverse the rot.

where is the Excalibur beam?

For the bants.

Attached: Sharpe's Mission (3) Champignons.webm (720x405, 2.94M)

Apparently there's another novel in the series coming out this year.

Sharpe's main enemies in the series is unironically his fellow Englishmen.

Attached: 1546870596633.webm (720x405, 1.88M)

roastie BTFO

Attached: master and commander-6.webm (850x354, 2.83M)

Gladiator was better

Hnnng

Oh shit I couldn’t tell at all

The third century may have been disastrous, but one positive change was the diversity of military outfits

Attached: c1eb11ec4a71381ee4824e7f863fc5dc.jpg (466x640, 82K)

Patrician

Remember all throughout the 80’s and 90’s they had to prime us for war with Islam? Now the pendulum has swung so far back, they’re priming the world for genocide of Christianity. It’s interesting to see how they program us through media over the course of decades, then suddenly about face once their goals are met.

what about this kino?

youtu.be/X8zCv0AHnCs?t=257

Steel just smells like rust when it gets slightly moist from sweat.
Leather smells like leather.
Wool linen and cotton cloth might have gotten stinky, but washing it, and leaving it in the sun to dry would help remove the smell.
The Middle east at this tome period would have had ready access to soap, perfumes and incense, given where it was located, and the heavily armored knights were usually wealthy, enough to afford supplies.
When things got bad, trade might be disrupted, but the smell of rotting corpses and pools of blood would limely have drowned out the body odor.

From the same author I liked The Last Kingdom. Historical accuracy is somewhat sketchy but it's an enjoyable ride.

Attached: the last kingdom hild66.jpg (2854x4288, 898K)

Recommendations for Roman Empire documentary series? Seems like a good thread to ask in with the present discussion of its downfall.

You can see the influences that will later be called byzantine creeping in pretty cool

Orlando was horribly miscast, which is a shame because they had many great actors given minor roles: Liam Neeson, Jeremy Irons, Ghassan Massoud, Alexander Siddig, David Thewlis, Brendan Gleeson. The ending was also very good as were all scenes with Salahuddin.

>What is Jerusalem worth?

Attached: IMG_6018.jpg (739x415, 34K)

Prometheus will be recognized as a Classic of Science Fiction.
It literally is that good.

Yeah only because it features a clip from an actual classic in it lmao.

Attached: lawrence of arabia promo.webm (1200x500, 1.51M)

Ya soldiers started to reflect the areas they were stationed in more and more

Attached: 7a1593d397748653da0cd01843bf5df6.jpg (1000x1486, 373K)

So... they were on top of their game for ~500 years?
I wonder if they lost some warfare knowledge that eventually made Rome fall?
(besides all corruption and spreading thin...)

‘Dune’ directed by David Lynch,
after Ridley Scott bowed out,
Critically panned on release,
Niw a cult classic, that is routinely watched and broadcast,
With a later televised longer version.
Visually stunning, with scenes people remember.

Blade Runner, directed by Ridley Scott.
Critically panned on first release by people like Ebert.
Has since become not only a cult classic, but is considered a classic and one of the best ever science fiction films.

Prometheus. Also directed by Ridley Scott.
Didn’t do well at the box office, like the above films.
Visually stunning.
One of the best casts I’ve seen in a recent film, even the fucking background actors have starred in their own films.

But user says Prometheus sucks.

Jesus Christ ..
Whole movie is available on YT.
This is relatively highly accurate movie 1573
youtube.com/watch?v=27dp4T4Ep0Y

Paul Bettany's character always reminds me of Darwin, and I'll add Creation (2009).

Attached: 1508692375258.webm (1280x544, 2.15M)

The only good recent Sir Ridley Scott film I enjoyed was The Martian. I hope to fuck his Battle of Britain film will be good.

Attached: the martian lotr.webm (1000x416, 2.22M)

Attached: The Duellists.webm (704x400, 2.75M)

kino

Attached: japhson-theduellists-720p.mkv_snapshot_00.48.21_[2017.05.15_01.05.00].jpg (1280x720, 389K)

Rome adjusted their military technologies for different regions and enemies.
When Rome invaded Dacia, they re-outfitted the Roman legions with different armour, because the Falx(sickle bladed swords and “pikes”) the Dacians used were capable of slicing through the Roman armour the legions had been wearing.
The main issue fir Rome was in the later Empire, the legions were being made up of foreign conscripts of conquered people, and mercenaries, rather than the citizen soldiers the original Roman legions had been made from.
The conscripts from the far reaches of the Roman empire had far less loyalty to the ideals of Rome than the original citizens did.
Rome also pushed too far into territories too far from Rome, and the territories yoelded too little plunder to make the wars profitable, and them Europe was invaded by a number of different tribes from Asia, like the Huns, and the Bulgars, etc.
eventually Rome became an overexpanded shell, and ironically, some Roman culture and document actually wound up being preserved by Germanic people, who the Romans though were complete barbarians.

The Martian was sort of shit.

Attached: death of stalin-5.webm (1280x690, 2.17M)

You literally have on video Sikhs going hard with these type of sabers, there is NO control or skill.
Just a crazy people with sharp objects, it's not refined at least.
Sabre is literally designed to hit from horse

They Shall Not Grow Old.

Attached: they shall not grow old-2.webm (768x432, 2.94M)

based stannis

sucks aside from edward nortons leperosy

Look at you, you know your history.

Every time I think about Rome I get remembered just how fragile "civilization" is and how little it takes it to end, retrograde(or even worse) and how much time you need to kick it back.
And I always come to same conclusion:
>All it takes is that "good guys" dont do nothin

>DUDE sexual degeneracy in religious setting
the genre isn't for you if you're into this type of thing. it's extremely cliche.
That scene in In the Name of the Rose where the apprentice Monk fucks a whore and then stays up late talking about true love killed the movie.

muslims good

christians bad

Taboo.

Attached: tom hardy taboo-5.webm (1600x900, 2.96M)

holy shit I knew it was bad, but not THIS bad.

This movie, Side Effects, and The H8ful Eight are the only movies I like Channing in.

>charlie hunnam
>jude law
>eric bana
>aidan gillen
>token black character actor djimon hounsou
>10/10 soundtrack
>bad

delet.

Attached: 15487033638.webm (800x332, 2.79M)

Too add to this user: the lose of greek fire made defending the boaporus and dardanelles much harder than it used to and the complete collapse of imperial authority after the battle of mazikert that makes the crisis of the third century and the year of 4 emperors seem mild in comparison.

Attached: the man who invented christmas dan stevens.jpg (1215x1799, 383K)

which dark souls 3 boss is this again?

Orlando is a shitty lead actor with no charisma.

I will also never forgive the blatant multi-culti propaganda in the way they portrayed Saladin. Yes, he was merciful in victory, but he was not respectful of Christians. Pretending that he was is a fucking insult to that entire faith. He desecrated the Holy Cross after taking the city and had it dragged through the streets, that scene where he picks up the cross and puts it back on the mantel is such fucking revisionist trash it makes my blood boil.

Show him as a merciful conqueror, don't fucking make up bullshit about his beliefs.

Ran tbqh lads

Attached: large_sIg3mRbM3r79UKr60Oa3sK9pEDt.jpg (400x600, 51K)

It's a problem of people who don't understand how pre-modern people thought. They interpret the actions of men like Saladin through modern progressive lenses. Saladin's values were to act in a way that brought glory to God. In his personal estimation, being merciful in victory was more glorious than being cruel, so he frequently spared his enemies. Such magnanimity was also a display of power: he did not care if his enemies returned to fight him, he would simply defeat them again.

Moderns don't understand this mindset. They can't understand how a guy lets thousands of people walk out of a city unharmed then turns around and loots their churches and defiles their relics in public displays of denigration. Because they do not understand a value system that puts glory to god above all else.

what game is this from?

I liked it.

Attached: bbc war and peace-33.webm (1920x1080, 1.57M)

Attached: dunkirk-6.webm (1280x720, 2.4M)

Also dont forget taxing them a special non-muslim tax and treating them like dogs in their own lands but he didnt kill them so he is le ebin saint

I mean, compared to the Crusaders he was a saint, but most of the crusaders were exceptionally cruel and bloodthirsty even for the era in which they lived. The sheer outrage over the massacres they committed is half the reason Saladin managed to rally such a huge army behind him from the various Muslim factions that previously had been too divided to muster a combined opposition to the Europeans.

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.

Attached: Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell-456.webm (624x352, 2.66M)

Werent the crusader massacring the people who massacred the inhabitants of the Holy Land?

Attached: the terror intro.webm (1280x720, 2.58M)

Excellent film, also

>THE LESSER OF TWO WEEVILS

Attached: IMG_4336.jpg (1400x918, 153K)

Watch Arn

Attached: 1204044482.jpg (1440x1080, 301K)

I was supremely disappointed with it. That people praise it I find terrible, really. I'm told the directors cut is better though.

If you're including short series Fall of the Eagles is probably the best

Max Gallo's Napoleon is a close second imo

>I mean, compared to the Crusaders he was a saint, but most of the crusaders were exceptionally cruel and bloodthirsty even for the era in which they lived.

Do people still believe this bullshit?

it was 2005 when it came out, the iraq war was getting nasty, afghanistan was a mess, lots of rumors about a war with iran to begin soon too.

Fox news was running hot with anti islam news and monthly reports of american soldier deaths were becoming not uncommon.

He probaly didnt want his movie to become an advertisement for war against every islam country.

can you imagine how powerful that would be for neocon foreign policy if the last scene of the movie was a christian cross being dragged down the street by muslims?

yall probaly dont remember how 300 ended up with a lot of american( particularly the youth) equating xerxes with modern day muslims... every young guy wanted to be one of those spartans, how do you get that feel in the modern era?

you become a marine.... and i fucked up by walking out the army recruiter office without signing up because now I am a 30 year old loser who never left his home town.

Attached: master and commander boom.webm (720x480, 1.97M)

No one likes the theatrical cut.

I liked the movie, but you can tell that it's a lower budget production. Some of the digital blood stands out, and there's never more than like 3 people on camera at any one time.
Still a badass movie. And Purfoy swinging a sword is always OK with me.

Why isn't there more 30 Years War kino?

Attached: MV5BMjQ2ZTlhNTMtYjNjZi00NGY3LTk1YTEtOTEwMjYwODc5N2NiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI4MjA5MzA@._V1_.jpg (580x915, 104K)

Literally one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Interesting.

>based hospitaliers always get boxed out over templarfags

Attached: knight hospitalier.jpg (979x1200, 250K)

Teutonic Knights is where its at

Truly the most heavy metal of all knights.

Attached: requeim vampire knight battle of the ice.jpg (1280x1797, 727K)

Attached: gangs of new york.webm (1920x816, 2.93M)

This.

Attached: B92B99EF-6AAF-4F83-B42F-8DA6CA9BAC39.png (220x326, 43K)

Deeply underrated post

About as accurate as Romeo and Julet (1968) I suppose.

youtube.com/watch?v=XDv-iV1gFgo

Attached: Leonard Whiting Romeo and Juliet.jpg (788x1000, 77K)

LOTR is better

>LITERALLY!

Attached: ohfkr4ijoo601.jpg (1280x960, 185K)

F-g is not real

a cute. A CUTE!!

this is such a stupid fucking argument.
what, because someone made one good film once (in your opinion) and dropped out of filming another movie with 'scenes people remember', that means their other movies are good automatically? what kind of incoherent nonsense is that.

first kino posted ITT

>turning Balian into an edgy anti-religious bastard who grew up in Europe
The real Balian historical lived his whole life as a nobleman and was an aging badass during the events of the movie. Dude was basically Liam Neeson's character.

Why couldn't we just have had a movie about based Neeson slaying Saracens and fugging King Baldwin's qt sister?

most overrated movie of its year hands down, possibly most overrated movie of this decade

Attached: Sue Brunning British Museum5.webm (1000x837, 1.92M)

Does she have a license for that?

bizarre film

Lindy is surely a fan of our Sue.

Attached: sue brunning-2.jpg (1682x2048, 494K)

Sue.

Attached: 1386081539383.png (900x900, 77K)

I can almost see her toes.

Attached: lewd.jpg (421x429, 36K)

>Our enemy is are the slavs there names mean slaves
>we are the prussians they are the russians they are derived from our leftovers!
Based teutonic bandzmaster

Attached: 1553131900039.jpg (500x333, 48K)

youtube.com/watch?v=uIFpeBwfvbc

Attached: sue brunning british museum-5.webm (1280x720, 2.55M)

Attached: Kagemusha_24.png (853x480, 275K)

Didn't the majority of them fail? Hell the 4th didn't even get there.

There's literally nothing good about cucktholics chimping out

>Crusade to go and free jerusalem from the muslims
>sack Constantinople instead
Depends what you consider the ultimate goal. One of the few points in western european history that doesn't involve them slaughtering eachother.

The middle eastern ones all failed. The northern crusades and spanish reconquista were successes.

>The middle eastern ones all failed.
I mean the first and second kingdoms of Jerusalem lasted almost a hundred years.

>pillage their fellow christians and claim it’s a mission to reclaim holy lands from islam
Yeah crusaders were great and honorable lads. No you fucking lobotomized mongrel retard all they fucking did was divide their own stupid post-judaism cult. When will you /his/ and /pol/ LARP faggots grow the fuck up and stop professing your delusions to everyone. It’s so painful to read and makes it dreadfully obvious you were too stupid to amount to anything but a NEET.

>had the best father figure for an emperor to possibly have
>turned out literally evil and steepened the downfall of the empire so much he was assassinated
Keep opening your mouth it’s working well

Attached: 4046990_sa.jpg (584x786, 92K)

Is KoH worth watching? Only the extended edition?

Attached: site_28_rand_560239639_yojimbo_627.gif (704x396, 132K)

This. 300 replaces historical accuracy for pure unadulterated kino.

Attached: 1547247473995.jpg (850x850, 97K)

No. Whenever Muhammad is supposed to speak the camera goes into 1st person mode, and the person he is speaking to just repeats what Muhammad is supposed to say. Still worth a watch.

Literally no reason to watch the theatrical cut. Its 100% studio fuckery.
The DC isn't perfect, but its much better.

One of my favorites, though not sure if it’s the best.

what the fuck are you saying you spazlord
of course there were retard lowlife mercenaries that were out to pillage and rape
but there were also pompous faggots riding around in shiny armour trying to impress eachother

spbp

Wrong

Attached: xrbcYeeuUOppd5cNET9dooP2Wk6.jpg (800x1200, 128K)

>Orlando was horribly miscast
I fully understand this sentiment but have never agreed with it. I think Ridley Scott used his kinda bland naivety to great affect to empathise with the audience. Similar to how Sophia Coppola used a 17 year old scarjews similar lack of acting prowess to the films advantage by turning it into a character trait

Orlando works very well as a self insert type character for the viewer.

People who wanted some hardcore, charismatic Aragorn from LotR type protagonist don’t understand this movie at all.

how the fuck was chamberlain so fucking based

you know what, i dislike tortellino he's right when he says historical accuracy is not important. people act like they're entitled to le accuracy as if they invested their own money into production. typical zoon politicon NPCs. if i were a filmmaker i'd do a historical epic LOADED with fake history just to piss off the socalled buffs.

Attached: 1pbwpr7L j.png (649x584, 655K)

Theatrical or director’s cut?

>Dr Zhivago
>Lawrence of Arabia
>Saving private Ryan

>Do people still believe this bullshit?
Thats what you get when Wikipedia writes history.

Englishman destroys Jewess. I think i've seen that one on pornhub.

Lawrence of Arabia is the best historic epic.
Not that DC Kingdom of Heaven is a bad film, I actually like it more than Gladiator.

Too much pro-Islam propaganda

1520 is the best

underrated movie desu

>Kevin Costner
>Abyss Tits
>God McFreckle Nigga
>Christian Slate
Zoom zoom make boom boom

Excellent taste anons

Surprised no one mentioned Alexander the Great. It is, in my opinion, the best historical film ever created. Everything is great. Collin Farrel looks amazing and is an outstanding actor. The script is great, and the portrait of wonder, conquest and ambition is really well done. Beautiful imagery. When he faces that elephant, is awe inspiring. It's just a masterpiece and normies hate it because "COLIN FARRELL LOOKS BAD IN THAT WIG LMAO" is what everyone keeps mindlessly parroting. Colin Farrell is fabulous you retards
But there are some really good ones that come close:
Ivan's childhood
Andrei Rublev
Valhalla rising
And many films posted here are great too
Based and redpilled. What a jewel.

Attached: 920x920.jpg (920x618, 81K)

my man

Attached: C087C0F1-5325-4219-B9E9-FFC14FA55054.jpg (368x602, 72K)

Impressive that it took that long for someone to give the right answer.
Puking at all those turboplebs posting Gladiator.

I want to sheathe my sword in her guts. If you know what I mean.

Glad I'm not the only one. There's just so many things to be said about this film. Like the hardships of campaigns and loss, the chasing of a dream. When they go back home you see this crippling fatigue, both in mind, soul and body of the soldiers. It's a masterpiece. Simple as.

Recently watched a chink film called War God about chinks vs japs, Actually pretty kino battle scenes which is unique for a modern movie. No idea how historically accurate it is but there isn't any overt fantasy stuff.

obvious samefag

I'll give alexander a watch tho

can someone give a quickrundown why the theatrical cut is considered to be shit compared to the directors cut?

This. Came for an answer, only got a whole thread of arguing as usual. Answer the question you fucking autists.

Attached: 2u9dglyr69b11.jpg (329x500, 43K)

studio made director cut important stuff to make it shorter
you're never going to get a more specific answer than that because everybody watches the director's cut

That movie was shit, so were all movies made about Alexanxer. I don't understand why it's so hard to make a film about so mad lad who conquered shit. God.

she is a jew

>t. Woman